AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-11-02, 17:46   Link #981
Kweck

Spoiler for Atm:
Kweck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-02, 18:17   Link #982
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
he must know that Revy can kill him anytime like before so there's no friction nor attraction coming from Rock. Or maybe he's just holding back...
Most people in the entire town can kill him anytime they want. If survival was Rock's priority he would have left for safer pastures by now.

No, Revy's abilities no longer frighten Rock. He was simply an adult who can tell that Revy is still childish emotionally, and that it is best if Revy was the one to decide when to take this relationship somewhere.

Eda knows Revy already consider Rock "hers", hence the teasing in Greenback Jane. She seems to be pushing Revy along like any other meddling best friend. But in the end, it is Revy's call.
Old 2007-11-02, 18:26   Link #983
Jay911

Send a message via ICQ to Jay911 Send a message via AIM to Jay911 Send a message via MSN to Jay911 Send a message via Yahoo to Jay911
The latest issue of Anime Insider is going on about how the new season (2nd Barrage) is on its way. Wonder if it was printed before the bad news from Geneon.
Jay911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-02, 20:36   Link #984
Messerschmitt_Bf-109
y hello thar

What bad news?
Old 2007-11-02, 20:43   Link #985
Jay911

Send a message via ICQ to Jay911 Send a message via AIM to Jay911 Send a message via MSN to Jay911 Send a message via Yahoo to Jay911
Quote:
Originally Posted by Messerschmitt_Bf-109 View Post
What bad news?
Geneon has ceased releasing any properties in North America. At least that's my understanding of the posts earlier in this thread (top of this page if you're on max posts per page settings).
Jay911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-24, 03:53   Link #986
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

Does anyone have any news regarding the Second Barrage DVD releases? I know about Geneon's demise.. but I haven't actually read anything since that annoucement a while back.

I am under the impression that they had finished dubbing the Second Barrage prior to Geneon shutting down. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 2007-12-24, 11:10   Link #987
Royal_Devil
Powder Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Chronics View Post
Does anyone have any news regarding the Second Barrage DVD releases? I know about Geneon's demise.. but I haven't actually read anything since that annoucement a while back.

I am under the impression that they had finished dubbing the Second Barrage prior to Geneon shutting down. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Yes, it was confirmed by an Ocean rep that they had indeed dubbed all of the Second Barrage and are waiting for a distributer to replace Geneon
Royal_Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-25, 17:33   Link #988
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

I guess we can only hope this gets picked up soon and maybe gets released all at once Thanks for the info.
Old 2007-12-26, 14:49   Link #989
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal_Devil View Post
Yes, it was confirmed by an Ocean rep that they had indeed dubbed all of the Second Barrage and are waiting for a distributer to replace Geneon
well, What i heard was that after the deal with ADV was called off, that now we have to wait for Geneon to give the licenses back to the original licensor and then for a new company to license the show.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-26, 15:27   Link #990
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

That's the same thing you know. Or Geneon can cut another deal with say Imaginasian to distribute it.

Basically, Geneon has the license and it's up to them to who they give it to.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-26, 16:40   Link #991
narfan20

Geneon Rules! Come one why replace it??
narfan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-28, 11:02   Link #992
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by narfan20 View Post
because they are out of business ! LOL
Nobody is trying to replace them, they ceased business on their own!
Old 2007-12-29, 00:00   Link #993
Icehawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by narfan20 View Post
Geneon itself may rule, but their parent company is full of shit. Geneon was making their sales targets fine but the parent company for no other reason but simple greed as far as I can say, wasnt happy with that, so they shut them out, and then conveniently the distribution deal between Geneon USA and ADV Films didnt go through either and in the end thousands of us fans are left to suffer. It was a travesty of epic proportions to say the least.
Icehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-29, 00:14   Link #994
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Icehawk welcome to the world of big business. If you are into gaming, the recent merging of several developing companies is also disturbing. Soon there will be like four gaming developers.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-30, 17:56   Link #995
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icehawk View Post
Geneon itself may rule, but their parent company is full of shit. Geneon was making their sales targets fine but the parent company for no other reason but simple greed as far as I can say, wasnt happy with that, so they shut them out, and then conveniently the distribution deal between Geneon USA and ADV Films didnt go through either and in the end thousands of us fans are left to suffer. It was a travesty of epic proportions to say the least.
If you consider their sales target was a loss...yes they were making it.

But a loss is a loss, why should big business accept a loss?

Old 2008-01-03, 21:31   Link #996
Eviltape

Black Lagoon manga Vol. 6 has been translated by anonymous himself. Some, if not most of you, know where to find and get it.

Last edited by Eviltape; 2008-01-04 at 18:21.
Eviltape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-04, 14:57   Link #997
Icehawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbin View Post
If you consider their sales target was a loss...yes they were making it.

But a loss is a loss, why should big business accept a loss?

They should accept the loss BECAUSE they are big business and they can more than afford it, thats what big businesses do all the time, they accept losses for gains in the long run. Otherwise why the hell would they have assigned a specific set of sales targets that were losses in the first place? You dont assign negative gain sales targets if you cant afford the loss from them.
Icehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-04, 17:33   Link #998
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Lol Icehawk,

That's not a solid business model. If it is not profitable after 3 years you shut it down.

Old 2008-01-04, 17:46   Link #999
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icehawk View Post
They should accept the loss BECAUSE they are big business and they can more than afford it, thats what big businesses do all the time, they accept losses for gains in the long run. Otherwise why the hell would they have assigned a specific set of sales targets that were losses in the first place? You dont assign negative gain sales targets if you cant afford the loss from them.
people are just assuming that geneon was operating under a loss, but sometime even subsidiaries that are providing a marginal profit can be disolved just to help the main business show a bigger profit by using it as a loss. They can write up the whole value of Geneon USA against their business.

LEss say the company was just making a 1 million profit, but by writing it off as a loss they can get a 10 million profit through taxes and those 10 million can help the whole company be on the black instead of the red. Will you just keep 1 million profit for instead of a 10 million profit. This is just a simple example but you get the idea.
Old 2008-01-07, 23:12   Link #1000
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

That might be true Golthin, but it's been stated by a lot of companies that Anime isn't the profit treasure box that it should've been.

I will stay with Geneon was making a loss and got shut down. Look at the others, Viz has scaled down, ADV has shut some of TAN down, and Funi is making money on ... DragonBall reloaded...

So I stil believe that Geneon was just losing money and the main office decided to give it the axe.

Tags
action, crime, madhouse, seinen