AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-04-04, 23:41   Link #241
taichi-kun

No more Tora in this manga please.. and the worst thing is that he will never learn his lesson.

This was the worst arc ever

I'm glad that the manga is ending.
taichi-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 03:52   Link #242
slide_away

sadly i agree with the above posts. This used to be my fav manga, but the recent arc has been awful.
slide_away is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 06:21   Link #243
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Horrible arc with horrible character Tora. But it doenst come as a surprise. This manga's quality has been dropping for twenty chapters or so. This arc is the new low though.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 16:20   Link #244
zigantz22

Spoiler for Spoilers for Chapter 81:

Spoiler for brief reaction:
zigantz22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-27, 08:19   Link #245
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

The end of Tora! (though I still have to see him for a little bit in the latest chapter)

Chapter 81 marks a significant development in their relationship, and I couldn't be happier. What concerns me now is not their relationship, but the issues that have yet to be resolved; Walker family and Takumi's father. Can they wrap this up in a few chapters? It's going to be rushed.
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-01, 06:31   Link #246
Sol Falling

Man, what a great chapter. Maid-sama is back in form. I'm even willing to forgive the tepid resolution to the Walker family arc in hindsight. As romance goes, in this manga's best moments, Usui x Misaki are unbeatable.

Reading through the start of the latest chapter reminded me that I stumbled across Maid-sama before I got into yuri. Misaki's considerable cross-gender appeal, and Miyazono-sensei's orientation, are all things which should gratify me from that perspective. Altogether this manga has always demonstrated an extremely diverse and open-minded treatment of gender roles, despite the fact that the star couple is as heterosexual as you can get. That just raises the series' value in my eyes, and makes me truly glad to hold it as one of the holdouts/classics of romantic shoujo manga.

I love the characterization exposited in Usui and Misaki's mature consideration of their future. Usui characterizes his life before Misaki as aimless--with neither a goal nor the groundedness to care for the happiness of others. I confess that I grew up along with Usui--that the emptiness of his life before Misaki was one of the very first things which drew me to his character. As the years passed, I found myself undergoing the same transformation of finding something to care about, and coming to embrace the bonds and interconnections of reality which would become part of the journey of pursuing it. To see both Usui and Misaki arriving at the same state, embracing reality, envisioning and devoting themselves to a concrete future they see in front of them, gives me incredible joy for them. This subtle underpinning of, beyond mere romance, Usui and Misaki's journeys of personal growth raises Maid-sama again to the very heights of what I consider shoujo manga.

If this chapter is to mark the beginning of Maid-sama's conclusion, then I cannot imagine a better start. This was great. I cannot wait for future chapters.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-01, 10:05   Link #247
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Man, what a great chapter. Maid-sama is back in form. I'm even willing to forgive the tepid resolution to the Walker family arc in hindsight. As romance goes, in this manga's best moments, Usui x Misaki are unbeatable.
I agree about that. I didn't like how the development went in the last arc (or more like got bored with it) but this chapter feels satisfying somehow. The part where Misaki talked about the future and Usui proposing her feels like it's going to shape a satisfying ending in this last arc.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 22:54   Link #248
amasposu

Chapter 84: Kaichou wa Maid-sama finally ended~
amasposu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-23, 01:52   Link #249
Kunagisa

China ... this is just so, sooooooo embarrassing ...
https://twitter.com/fuji_hiron/statu...31476640763904

I'm glad Fujiwara-san's pretty nonchalant about the whole thing otherwise sighhhhh. I did go ahead and read the last chapter (85) though (curiosity > honor). Not going to pretend that I kept up with this, but I like the ending despite having quite a few characters that I don't recognize anymore (at least it's infinitely more satisfying than the Vampire Knight one, which is a pretty low bar). Only complaint is no double spread kissing scene at the end w, though that part under the helicopter's pretty sweet (Usui~!).

Will look forward to future work.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-23, 03:02   Link #250
Used Can

China can be really amazing sometimes.
Old 2013-09-25, 22:56   Link #251
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by poisui View Post
Chapter 84: Kaichou wa Maid-sama finally ended~
85 you mean?

Anyway gongrats to the newlyweds!
Old 2013-10-14, 09:47   Link #252
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Scanlations for the final chapter are out!

Spoiler for Chapter 85 Final chapter:

A beautiful ending for a great manga. T_T

Hopefully, JC Staff will make a second anime season of Maid sama!
Old 2013-10-14, 17:22   Link #253
taichi-kun

Can you buy this ending? for me it was crap.

A couple separated for 10 years and then getting married.. yeah sure (I don't know why japanese authors like this topic sooo much,It's so unrealistic)

The worst thing is that after their week in heaven she will travel around the world and they will be in a long distance relationship again ...:uh oh:

In fact,she will always be absent for long periods.Their marriage is destined to failure.

And tora in the helicopter.. oh god facepalm
taichi-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-15, 11:09   Link #254
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by taichi-kun View Post
Can you buy this ending? for me it was crap.

A couple separated for 10 years and then getting married.. yeah sure (I don't know why japanese authors like this topic sooo much,It's so unrealistic)

The worst thing is that after their week in heaven she will travel around the world and they will be in a long distance relationship again ...:uh oh:

In fact,she will always be absent for long periods.Their marriage is destined to failure.

And tora in the helicopter.. oh god facepalm
i agree i guess it just seems as tho it went to crap for a while it was best when Usui was a troll serious usui is no fun
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-13, 19:50   Link #255
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Just finished the manga a bit ago. Man, how did I miss this series for so long? Easily one of the best manga series I've ever read. There were weak points, but it was, overall, very good. Misaki is one of the best characters I've come across in a long time.

Things I Loved:
Misaki
Suzuna
Subaru
Satsuki
The Flowers of Moe
The Idiot Trio
The happy ending
The great art
The amount of super-deformed bits and classic manga emotes

Things I Could Have Done Without:
Yukimura
Kanou
Honoka
Aoi
The 10-year gap in the end (I *did* like the happiness of the ending, but it felt kind of cheap to me to blow by 10 whole years in a snap. Honestly, if it had been just 5 years between graduation and marriage, I would've been okay with it. 10 years just seems too long.)

Things I Really Didn't Like:
Hinata
The Walker family arc (if for no other reason than how rushed/disjointed it was)

Things That Made Me Uncomfortable:
Usui (his attitude and the fact that he really was kinda sexually harassing Misaki and Yukimura made me dislike him a lot, but I knew he was right for Misaki)

Things I Wish There was More Of:
Subaru
Minako
Suzuna
Maid Latte in the second-half of the series
Nagisa
Shizuko (even though her character wasn't interesting/useful, I feel like they could've done a lot more with her and MADE her interesting)
Patricia (even though I didn't like the Walker arc, I thought she was worth exploring more)

Actually, now that I am done, I feel kinda depressed. I enjoyed Misaki and Usui's relationship development so much that it's made me feel worse about my own life. If only there was a real Misaki... And I don't mean for the maid outfits, though that would be a bonus. I mean because Misaki is a very desirable girl. I actually really like her personality, goals, ambition, and desire to help. Plus, she DOES have very cute faces...

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote