AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > True Tears

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-01-29, 10:50   Link #1
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

True Tears - Spoilers and Speculations (based on weekly episode previews)

This is the place where discussing the various episode previews that appears on the official website 2-3 days after the last episode has aired, or from any other sources anticipating events from the next episode. Those must not to be posted in the episode threads; they cover future events and even if minor they still classify as spoilers. As such, a lot of people don't want to read them.
If you don't read/don't what to know about weekly episode previews, then do not read this thread unless you want to be spoiled (use the Speculation & Theories thread instead).

In this thread however, you're free to discuss them freely. Since posters are expected to be familiar with the episode previews, there is no real need for spoiler tags, but feel free to include them if you so wish.

Finally, please remain on-topic and do not use this thread if it's just discussion about the current or previous anime episodes.
Old 2008-01-29, 11:07   Link #2
cloudninja

Thanks for creating this thread as it is much needed. Some of us want to indulge in the guilty pleasure of finding out as much preview information about upcoming episodes as possible. I suddenly feel a sense of freedom as if I've been unshackled and now feel much better about having a subforum now.
Old 2008-01-29, 11:14   Link #3
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Thank god for no more stupid spoiler tags...

Next Ep, let's see..
  • More revelations on Shin's mom problem.
  • Date with Noe.
  • Hiromi smiles again >.< ..oh noes, Bad Omen I say.
Old 2008-01-29, 11:40   Link #4
EXEs
Hallelujah...

So what do you guys think is the relationship between Shin's and Hiromi's mothers?
Old 2008-01-29, 11:40   Link #5
cloudninja

8 preview pics from episode 5

Decided to move this over from general discussion thread. I'll restrict future spoilers and speculations to this thread.

8 new pics from upcoming episode 5 are up at the official website at the bottom of this webpage. Interested posters can make a game out of trying to guess events based each pic. I'll be starting first.

http://www.truetears.jp/story/

Very intriguing pictures. Between the pictures and the episode previews the people behind this show do a great job of pulling us in and making it hard to wait for the next episode.

1) Looks like Hiromi and Noe are having a talk. About Shinichiro? Jun? Both? Is it the start of Noe's plan for helping Shinichiro get closer to Hiromi?
2) Who's the guy in the scarf? Jun usually wears a scarf but the one he normally wears is a different color and design. Also the hair style and color is more like Shinichiro's. Notice that Hiromi has her hand holding one end of the scarf.
3) Noe licking Shinichiro
4) Jun looking like he was waiting outside and Shinichiro appears. Does he want an update on Shin's date with Noe? Or is this visit about Hiromi? Like a date?
5) Hiromi appears to be opening the door outward with her left hand, looks like Shinichiro knocked on her door. I know it's not the front door because at 3:10 of episode 4 the door Shinichiro uses to leave the house is a sliding door. It's also not Shinichiro's room because at 19:00 of episode 4 Hiromi was outside Shinichiro's room and the doors appear to be sliding doors as well. So he knocked and she probably let him in. Or maybe she asked him to go into her room. She is wearing pink, so tying this in with the episode 5 preview where she is also wearing pink I can guess this is probably where she calls him an meddling idiot.
6) 3 pictures from an album. One of them is of a large group of people, maybe friends or classmates? The second is of Shin's father and a woman who I assume is Shin's mother but it's not quite clear enough to tell so it could be Hiromi's mother. The third picture appears to be of Shin's father and Hiromi's father. I'm guessing it's Shin's mother who is looking at the pictures.
7) Aiko holding a pink little shopping bag. From the surroundings it appears to be her shop. Did she just go shopping or is she giving/receiving a present? Notice what's sticking out of the bag.
8) An up close shot of Shinichiro. There appears to be something on top of his shirt that might be a scarf. From the thumb and finger positions I can tell someone has their left hand on his shoulder and from his expression and wide eyes he appears shocked. What's going on? Obviously surprising news but it had better not be about Hiromi being his sister. I hope it's not his mom telling him a hateful lie to spite Hiromi or his father.

Sorry for getting so excited about a few pictures but this show has got me hooked bad. It's even fun just trying to guess what's going to happen between the preview pics and the episode 5 preview at the end of episode 4.

If you add the translation of the 5 lines pertaining to episode 5 translated thankfully by serenade beta in the following post you can get a fairly good picture of what's going to happen in the next episode.
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=696
Old 2008-01-29, 11:57   Link #6
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXEs View Post
So what do you guys think is the relationship between Shin's and Hiromi's mothers?
My hunch... Shin's father is Hiromi's father as well. Or suspected of such acts by Shin's mom.
Old 2008-01-29, 12:22   Link #7
cloudninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXEs View Post
Possibly friends who had the hots for the same guy. Obviously Shin's mother feels like she lost to Hiromi's mother in some way. Besides the dreaded bad ending of Hiromi being the half-sister of Shinichiro I think there are many possibilities of which I'll list a few.

1) Shin's mother was in love with Hiromi's father and is still bitter at Hiromi's mother for getting him. Her bitterness has now transferred to Hiromi. Maybe the reference about Hiromi having her mother's eyes means she thinks the daughter of her rival is now going to take her son away from her just as her mother took the guy she had wanted. Jealousy and spitefulness is ugly.

2) Another good scenario is that Shin's father was in love in Hiromi's mother but it was unrequited love. Shin's mother could feel that her husband had to settle for her. Imagine being the second choice and the husband still harbors feelings for the one he could'nt get.

3) Third possibility is that Shin's father did have an affair with Hiromi's mother but after Hiromi was born so Hiromi is still not his child.

4) Fourth possibility is Shin's father desired Hiromi's mother and had an affair around the time of conception but no one is sure if Hiromi is his child or not although there are suspicions but no one took the steps required to find out for sure. It would have to mean the person currently considered to be Hiromi's father did'nt know about the affair but Shin's mother knows in addition to the involved parties. Even after the death of Hiromi's "father" Shin's father is too afraid to have tests done and avoids facing it. Definitely allows for a lot of tension. Is she or is she not an illegitimate child?

5) My last theory is another variation in that Hiromi's mother had the hots for Shinichiro's father instead and they cheated on their spouses briefly. Hiromi might or might not be his child since it maybe only happened once a long time ago.

I'm willing to accept anything as long as Hiromi is not revealed as being related to Shinichiro. That would ruin what would otherwise be a great show for me.
Old 2008-01-29, 12:25   Link #8
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudninja View Post
1) Shin's mother was in love with Hiromi's father and is still bitter at Hiromi's mother for getting him. Her bitterness has now transferred to Hiromi. Maybe the reference about Hiromi having her mother's eyes means she thinks the daughter of her rival is now going to take her son away from her just as her mother took the guy she had wanted. Jealousy and spitefulness is ugly.
I think this one pretty much bites the dust since there was no (logical) reason for Hiromi to act all stunned and shocked when she told her about it.
Old 2008-01-29, 12:56   Link #9
cloudninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudninja
I think this one pretty much bites the dust since there was no (logical) reason for Hiromi to act all stunned and shocked when she told her about it.
Which part are you talking about? If it's the one at 8:40 into episode 4 Shin's mother makes the comment that Hiromi's eyes look like her mother's. Another translation I've seen is that "your eyes have the same look as your mother's" which is a bit different.

Somehow I think it would make more sense to say Hiromi had her father's eyes or some other feature if Shin's mother wanted to insinuate something since the possible issue is who her father is instead of the mother.

Hiromi was already in an emotionally fragile state prior the comment by Shin's mother in episode 4 about her having her mother's eyes because of her agonizing exchange with Shinichiro. So it would be easy to upset her since we know everytime Shin's mother is near Hiromi she physically hunches and shrinks because of the borderline verbal abuse that Shin's mother gives her. In scenario 1 we would assume that Hiromi knows Shin's mother was jealous of Hiromi's mother and hates Hiromi now too. Maybe she is implying Hiromi has "man-stealing" eyes like her mother's which would fit in with a jealous and possessive personality. It's probably one of many verbal jabs Shin's mother has dealt to Hiromi.

Last edited by cloudninja; 2008-01-29 at 14:45.
Old 2008-01-29, 15:57   Link #10
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
3) Noe licking Shinichiro
She was probably just wondering if he'd be tasty. That girl is so wacked out that anything is possible. Maybe she was dehydrated and decided he'd be a good salt lick.

Quote:
4) Jun looking like he was waiting outside and Shinichiro appears. Does he want an update on Shin's date with Noe? Or is this visit about Hiromi? Like a date?
Personally I'm hoping that Shinichiro will agree to go on a date with Noe only on the condition that Jun has a date with Hiromi. Not because I want Hiromi X Jun, but simply because it will be fun.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2008-01-29, 16:27   Link #11
cloudninja

Tastes like chicken and rides like chocobo

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
She was probably just wondering if he'd be tasty. That girl is so wacked out that anything is possible. Maybe she was dehydrated and decided he'd be a good salt lick.
Tastes like chicken! Sorry, could'nt resist the lame joke. Although she does have a thing for chicken. And what's with the seeds, is she fattening him up?

Also, now that I think of it she was kinda riding Shinichiro like a chocobo near the end of episode 3 (big bird steeds in final fantasy for those who don't know). Just a coincidence I'm sure (or maybe not since she wasn't really injured).

Last edited by cloudninja; 2008-01-29 at 18:00. Reason: thought of some more stuff
Old 2008-01-29, 17:46   Link #12
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
Personally I'm hoping that Shinichiro will agree to go on a date with Noe only on the condition that Jun has a date with Hiromi. Not because I want Hiromi X Jun, but simply because it will be fun.
Also because it would mean we'd be in for some hardcore drama involving Shin and Hiromi --- you can't get any better then the guy she actually likes setting her up with the guy she doesn't like, though said she did to get her friend of her back.
Old 2008-01-29, 17:53   Link #13
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
you can't get any better then the guy she actually likes setting her up with the guy she doesn't like, though said she did to get her friend of her back.
Muahahahaha! I really hope that it happens because it will be awesome to see how hiromi gets out of this.
you know that is exactly what Shin did to Aiko, history repeats itself, 2 out of 2 for Shin!
Old 2008-01-29, 17:55   Link #14
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Also because it would mean we'd be in for some hardcore drama involving Shin and Hiromi --- you can't get any better then the guy she actually likes setting her up with the guy she doesn't like, though said she did to get her friend of her back.
With that little fib Hiromi made her bed, now she has to lie in it. Sadly. There is of course some amusing parallel to Aiko's situation. Both of them are now outside of bounds because of whom they claim to like. At least Hiromi had a good reason for it.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2008-01-30, 03:22   Link #15
EXEs
Hallelujah...

I seriously hope that Hiromi is not Shin'ichiro's half-sibling or something, 'cos that would be very cliche. Enough with the "I fell in love with a girl who is actually my cousin/long-long sister, as I found out later".
Old 2008-01-30, 03:37   Link #16
DanielSong39

It won't be cliche because the discovery will cause Shin to switch to Noe!

Usually this half-sibling thing is an invitation for incest... hopefuly it won't happen in this show.
Old 2008-01-30, 14:44   Link #17
cloudninja

Episode title pattern

I was taking a look at the episode titles over at the wiki site and noticed a pattern. Maybe some of you noticed this pattern as well but I haven't seen a post about it so I decided to let others know.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...Tears_episodes

The episodes released so far have titles that are each associated with one of the 3 main female characters and they alternate.

1) Because I Gave My Tears Away (Noe)
2) What Do I Want to Do... (Hiromi)
3) What Happened? Talking About the Other Day (Aiko)
4) Okay, Splashy Splashy (Noe)
5) A Meddlesome Guy is Like a Fool (Hiromi)
6) What Kind of Joke is That? (Aiko?)

Only the first 4 episodes have been released so far and confirmed but I'm pretty sure the episode 5 title belongs to Hiromi. I wonder how long this correlation will continue. Of course having the title dedicated to a character does'nt necessarily mean they're the main focus of that episode although it sticks out as a major theme. I'm kind of sure episode 13 won't just be Noe's automatically by default since it is the final one. Anyway this is yet another clue about one of the major themes in each episode.
Old 2008-01-30, 20:57   Link #18
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
Quote:
I'm kind of sure episode 13 won't just be Noe's automatically by default since it is the final one..
Perhaps episode 13's title will be related to Shin rather than any of the girls?
Old 2008-01-30, 21:14   Link #19
golthin

Quote:
I was taking a look at the episode titles over at the wiki site and noticed a pattern. Maybe some of you noticed this pattern as well but I haven't seen a post about it so I decided to let others know.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...Tears_episodes

The episodes released so far have titles that are each associated with one of the 3 main female characters and they alternate.

1) Because I Gave My Tears Away (Noe)
2) What Do I Want to Do... (Hiromi)
3) What Happened? Talking About the Other Day (Aiko)
4) Okay, Splashy Splashy (Noe)
5) A Meddlesome Guy is Like a Fool (Hiromi)
6)What Kind of Joke is That? (Aiko?)
that makes sense considering that it seems that even though episode 5 is a hiromi episode, it seems some big event happens in episode 5 between Aiko and Shin, thus it is expected that episode 6 will aiko centric!
Old 2008-01-30, 22:43   Link #20
cloudninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Razajev View Post
Perhaps episode 13's title will be related to Shin rather than any of the girls?
Yeah, likely something to do with his choice or a title derived from the combination of shin + chosen one.
Closed Thread