23. Hayate
24. Orochimaru
25. Genma
26. Shino
27. Haku
28. Tayuya
29. Tsunade
30. Kimimaro

Jiraiya not being on the list at all is stupid, of course.
KuwabaraTheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-08, 17:39   Link #22
Ryuujin

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuwabaraTheMan
In case anyone is wondering, the overall list is:
1. Sasuke
2. Kakashi
3. Deidara
4. Naruto
5. Iruka
6. Sasori
7. Gaara
8. Neji
9. 4th Hokage
10. Shikamaru
11. Itachi
12. Sakura
13. Hinata
14. Kabuto
15. Kiba
16. Temari
17. Ino
18. Lee
19. Kankurou
20. Gai
21. Asuma
22. Tenten
23. Hayate
24. Orochimaru
25. Genma
26. Shino
27. Haku
28. Tayuya
29. Tsunade
30. Kimimaro

I still wish Hinata was one slot higher, which would've gotten her in the picture (the more official images of PTJ Hinata, the better! I hope the anime treats her better than Kishimoto did...). She truly is the Shiho of Naruto.

Don't approach a goat from the front, a horse from the back, or a fool from any side.
"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way: brutally!"~Dinobot
Ryuujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-08, 17:48   Link #23
Arti

I'm surprised Lee is so low...even lower than Kiba.
Arti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-08, 18:21   Link #24
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShikaShika
What does Naruto have? It's just the same old thing over and over. He might develop new skills and fight tougher opponents, but his character remains pretty much the same throughout the whole course of the series. Some might find that charming, but it is kind of dull.
You wanna know what's even more dull? Over 100 episodes and the main character has only won 2 fights.

Naruto = Worst main character EVER!!!

At this point, I don't care if he has to use Kyuubi to win all his battles. Hell, let all 8 or 9 tails loose. People don't complain when Sasuke uses the sharingan in every battle he's in. So people shouldn't complain if Naruto uses Kyuubi in every battle he's in. I just want to see him win on a fairly consistent basis for christ sakes. This is nuts. I mean I've seen my fair share animes where the main character's the underdog, but Naruto takes the term to a whole new level.

Anyways, I'm surprised and delighted to see that Hinata ranked.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-08, 18:30   Link #25
abazou
Uchiha Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soma
This poll only confirms what I've felt and have said since the beginning.

Naruto is garbage.

He is a pathetic main character, period. The only reason why he ranked up so high in the first place was because he was the main character. Judging him just on his own merits and personality, he is severely lacking. Frankly, it's just getting clear now that people are getting sick and tired of this dumbass, and are awaiting the TRUE main character in this series.

Honestly it's pretty telling that Sasuke not only is the one thing that's saving this manga in the first place (which the creator of the series said HIMSELF), not only is his character much more INTERESTING and not as PATHETIC as Naruto, but he is also the #1 favorite in Japan (where their opinions actually matter) as well as Masashi Kishimoto's (the creator's) favorite character.

Naruto is a completely typical and retarded shonen main character that even fails at being in the top 3 of his own series. He fails at being one of the most likable, which is basically all a shonen main character needs to do. A side character like Deidara who was just shown last arc even managed to beat him. Frankly, Naruto fans everywhere should feel ashamed at how pathetic he is and his pitiful showing here.

It's ridiculous how crappy he is. They should just change the focus of the manga to Sasuke, since that's basically what all the important people want and would make it much more interesting. You can even see how Mr. Masashi treats Sasuke compared to Naruto to get the idea. Sasuke is (and always will be):

-stronger than Naruto (Sasuke's natural potential is the highest in the whole series, surpassing people like the 3rd, the 4th, Itachi, Sakumo, AL, etc. The only reason why Naruto is even managing to stay on his level, and will continue to be around his level is because of Kyuubi. Even with that though, he can't surpass Sasuke)
-smarter than Naruto
-a better ninja than Naruto
-is "cooler" and more "badass" than Naruto in everything
-better looking than Naruto
-has a more tortured past than Naruto
-has a more interesting character
-is more developed with a more interesting story
-and is PREFERRED more by the important fans and the creator of the series himself

Basically Sasuke>>Naruto in everything that matters to a story and to a shonen character. This is why Sasuke is the number one character and will continue to be so (his only challenge will be Kakashi from now on).

Well said man!
Old 2006-02-08, 19:43   Link #26
c_dz36

i dont care both sasuke and itachi are deserters and should die in the end
c_dz36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-08, 20:26   Link #27
Ryuujin

just as an fyi, most popular character in Japan =/= good character. Ask the Gundam board about Kira in SEED Destiny and you'll see what I mean

Sasuke was shaping up to be a good character until Itachi showed up. Then all the development from before got thrown to the wind and Sasuke became even worse than he was to start with. Then came his brilliant idea to leave the village...

Don't approach a goat from the front, a horse from the back, or a fool from any side.
"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way: brutally!"~Dinobot
Ryuujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-08, 20:27   Link #28
EadTaes
The Northern Guy

Send a message via AIM to EadTaes Send a message via MSN to EadTaes
I also like Naruto better then Sasuke. Sasuke being in 2nd. But once again me to wont list reasons why sinc eit would probably in the end start a flame war. ¬¬
EadTaes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-08, 21:28   Link #29
AIKakashi
Sempai

Send a message via AIM to AIKakashi
I like Naruto. Not because he's the greatest character in the world, but because there is something underdog in him that makes me think he's going to pull a last minute WOW as the series goes on. I still have faith that it'll happen, And I think it will be all Naruto, not Kyuubii. I mean, there's a reason Kishi made the series about Naruto. He's just not ready to play all the cards yet. Same reason he's not ready to throw Sasuke back into the lime light and has been keeping him so well guarded. in otherwords, for those American Idol fans, I think Naruto will pull a Clay Aiken. lol. He's not what you would think would be a winner, but he made a name for himself, and when his album came out, he outsold Kelly and Ruben while they were on sale together. The underdog winning the day kind of thing. After a long run, he lost, came back, made it all the way, lost again, then ended up winning in the end... of course then he silently sulked away from the limelight not to be heard from again, so maybe that's not such a good analogy..

anyhoo... That's what I think will be Naruto. (The part before sulking away. lol) Its late, I worked all day, I don't even make sense to myself right now.

I like Sasuke, but not as much as Naruto.

Also, I hate Yaoi, but I like Iruka. I don't know why its so hard to believe he's a good character. He's put his neck on the line for Naruto, litterally. Almost gave his life for him. Acted as the father figure Naruto never had, looked after him and genuinely cares about his students. I think that's sweet!

despite all this, Kakashi is still #1 with me though

Last edited by AIKakashi; 2006-02-08 at 21:49.
AIKakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-08, 21:46   Link #30
yamato_D
Nazo no Tenshi

i really don't like sasuke that much. someone here said that he has more potential than itachi... but i don't think that's true at all. so far, sasuke has always been one or two steps behind his older brother. he's got an annoying sense of superiority and is only going about .500 as far as winning records in battle. i mean you could count his victories in one hand.
Now i don't really like naruto either. he's overall a pretty lame character. naruto has little talent or skill as a shinobi and depends on the kyuubi far too often. i do admire his loyalty to his friends and the determination he showed when he learned the rasengan. but naruto is sort of a disappointing main character.

however, shikamaru is by far the coolest chuunin. not the most powerful, but extremely intelligent and funny in my opinion. not a whole lot of character development, but he is loyal to his friends.
the coolest jounin is kakashi. his extreme skills and cool demeanor are just awesome. can't wait till he perfects his mangekyou and kicks some more ass.
yamato_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-08, 22:30   Link #31
Zek
Eyebrows...

I also hold out hope that Kishimoto is making us wait a sick amount of time to make Naruto an underdog in the eyes of his readers as much as the villains, before one day surprising everybody with the "WOW" moment where Naruto blows past everybody on his own ability. Sort of like the Part 2 equivalent of the Gaara fight. I wouldn't even mind if it were thanks to some deus ex machina excuse like "Oh, Kyuubi's interference messed Naruto up in his normal form and forced him to go Kyuubified all the time, but that's all worked out now and see how awesome he really is!" I just want to see the main character be impressive in his own right for once, instead of a loser who somehow scrapes by in the end.
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-08, 22:43   Link #32
EadTaes
The Northern Guy

Send a message via AIM to EadTaes Send a message via MSN to EadTaes
I think that is what is going to happen. After the chase act Kishi had numerous occasions where he could have developed naruto even more but he didn'T they surely is a reason for it. Also i belive that somehtign will be done about Naruto's Kyuby. Either by him directly or by Tsunade, Jiraiya or Kakashi. Because if what si said is true that naruto is shortening his life by healling liek he does something must be done about it. So Naruto has alot to account for and Kishi will have to develope him more or else thsi series might not be as good as everyone thinks.
EadTaes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-09, 02:18   Link #33
gibits
Endless

Why is everyone screaming about how Naruto is the same dumbass as pretime skip?I f anything Naruto has become more angst ridden than happy go lucky. He gets riled up more often, and seems more pissed about the world than he used to. It doesn't look good on him, Sasuke could wear that angst ridden facade better.

Maybe its the Kyuubi, or just plain disillusionment that has made Naruto more "pissed" than before, but I must say its not a good look.

What I liked about Naruto was that he always fought against the fate that was given to me, and he did it with a smile. Now he's such a goddamn teenager....

PS
Sasori over Itachi!!! Take that Itachi fanboys!!!
gibits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-09, 03:17   Link #34
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

1. Sasuke
2. Kakashi
3. Deidara
4. Naruto
5. Iruka

I knew it, them KakashixIruka doujinshis are just too fascinating, isn't it.
cheesie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-09, 05:10   Link #35
Bloody

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuwabaraTheMan
In case anyone is wondering, the overall list is:
1. Sasuke
2. Kakashi
3. Deidara
4. Naruto
5. Iruka
6. Sasori
7. Gaara
8. Neji
9. 4th Hokage
10. Shikamaru
11. Itachi
12. Sakura
13. Hinata
14. Kabuto
15. Kiba
16. Temari
17. Ino
18. Lee
19. Kankurou
20. Gai
21. Asuma
22. Tenten
23. Hayate
24. Orochimaru
25. Genma
26. Shino
27. Haku
28. Tayuya
29. Tsunade
30. Kimimaro

WHAT??? TAYUYA??? AND NOT ANKO??? its hard to believe

well atleast Kakashis there

Last edited by Bloody; 2006-02-09 at 06:08.
Bloody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-09, 05:55   Link #36
ShikaShika
無罪

Obviously the poll is going to be heavily affected by whatever has been going on in the manga recently. Iruka being the freak exception. When was the last time we saw Anko? Not counting anime filler. I'd almost say the 3rd's funeral, but I must be missing something, that was like three years ago. Notice that the 3rd hokage is missing as well.
ShikaShika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-09, 07:18   Link #37
Mirtual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zek
Naruto is probably losing popularity because Kishimoto spent a whole year in Part 2 without showing anything particularly impressive out of him at all. So far his growth over the past 3 years seems pretty pathetic. By using Kyuubi powerups as a plot mechanic to make him seem comparable to the main villains, Kishimoto is making him look like a chump in his normal form.

In a nutshell, Sasuke is still popular because he hasn't disappointed anyone.
That's what I thought.

I am just wondering what Tenten made to be in position 22, and how come it is that the Sanin are so unpopular. I would at least expect Orochimaru to be higher ranked. I mean 24? Not that I am a great fan of them, but somehow this is strange.
Mirtual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-09, 08:45   Link #38
Dante Shamest

Quote:
1. Sasuke
Not surprised. A combination of bad-boyness, good looks, and mystery make all the fanbois (yes, not a typo...BOIs!) swoon.

Quote:
6. Sasori
Yay!!!

Even though Sasori appeared for a short while, I think he's definitely one of my favourite characters. And that's why I have him in my avatar.

I think one reason why Sasori is so appealing is because he first appears as an ugly old man, and later reveals his more good-looking form.

Plus he made puppet combat look cool.

Quote:
11. Itachi
Aww. I still think I like Itachi more than Sasori though. But I'm sure his ranking will go up once he gets more fight scenes, and displays his stronger powers.

Quote:
4. Naruto
I've never liked Naruto. Since day 1, I've been hoping against hope he'll get killed and Sasuke becomes the main character.

Quote:
3. Deidara
Okay, didn't expect this guy to rank so high. And above my Sasori-sama!

Quote:
5. Iruka
WTF.
Dante Shamest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-09, 08:49   Link #39
Rachy
Disabled By Request

Im actually surprised Jiraiya isnt on there... not in the top 30 that is.
Rachy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-09, 08:59   Link #40
Syaoran
Inactive Member

Nani ???

What's Deidara doing so high in this ranking !?
That's definitely not because he defeated Gaara.

That Kakashi is ranked high might be because of him developping Mangekyu Sharingan while chasing Deidara... but Iruka ? Jeez ... looks like a lot of fangirls votes, being heavily inspired by the numerous doujins starring Kakashi x Iruka... it's one of the popular pairs together with Sasuke x Naruto I guess...

Anyway, why are people cracking down Naruto all the way?
Everyone's complaining about Kishimoto's time skip and Naruto not having developped at all... I think we must be a little more patient.

Except "That jutsu" and the 4-tail version almost killing Jiraiya, we don't know anything of what happened. I'm convinced we'll find out more about that, once the fight between Orochimaru and Naruto is over. Besides, he could be using "that jutsu" next chapter.

Just let it go... it wouldn'd have a positive effect anyway should Kishimoto-san rush everything just to influence the poll results.

What about the techique poll ? Is there any ? Last time I saw these poll results, Sasuke was first too, but Rasengan was the most popular technique, not Chidori.

These polls are not only influenced by the story and character development, but a lot depends on the games on GC and PS2 and these... doujins.

And I agree with Uchiha Rave. Where's Ero sannin ?

As a side note: Sasori and Sai are way cuter than Deidara, why didn't they get better rankings ?
Syaoran is offline   Reply With Quote