5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-11-06, 11:37   Link #21
kazekiri

I doubt that Pyramid Head (as I've taken to calling the Emperor) will be willingly giving the throne to Lelouch any time soon, probably because he seems to be the guy at the top of Lulu's 'I want his head' list. When they do meet it's probably going to involve a lot of violence (maybe with a stray 'I Am Your Father' line tossed in).
kazekiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-06, 11:43   Link #22
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazekiri View Post
I doubt that Pyramid Head (as I've taken to calling the Emperor) will be willingly giving the throne to Lelouch any time soon, probably because he seems to be the guy at the top of Lulu's 'I want his head' list. When they do meet it's probably going to involve a lot of violence (maybe with a stray 'I Am Your Father' line tossed in).
Or more likely who can Geass who first.

Last edited by Sonhex; 2006-11-06 at 12:16.
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-06, 13:45   Link #23
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

I agree with everyone here that C.C. is a great character. Very different form the her predecessors. She has alot of self confidence that I find intresting. And she is the only character so far to be able to unbalance Lulu. I am very intrested in her connection to the britanana royal familiy.

Maybe at some point in the series C.C. will say to Lulu: "I am your mother" That would be a one hell of a unexpected twist.

And best of all C.C. has green hair, althought npal and KiNa would disagree with me on this point

Last edited by Xellos-_^; 2006-11-07 at 15:55.
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-06, 13:53   Link #24
kazekiri

Something just struck me with this episode (and has been bugging me since the end of 2). What exactly do people mean when they say things like 'the 17th successor and second in line for the throne'? That first bit throws me off since I figured 'the X'th successor' would mean where someone stands in the pecking order.
kazekiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-07, 08:58   Link #25
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazekiri View Post
Something just struck me with this episode (and has been bugging me since the end of 2). What exactly do people mean when they say things like 'the 17th successor and second in line for the throne'? That first bit throws me off since I figured 'the X'th successor' would mean where someone stands in the pecking order.
It would probably mean that if he did ascend to the throne, he would be the 17th Emperor (or is it 18th? Might be a play of words here...) especially with the word 'successor'. As for second in line for the throne...I guess you already know.
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-07, 14:25   Link #26
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
I agree with everyone here that C.C. is a great character. Very different form the her predecessors. She has alot of self confidence that I find intresting. And she is the only character so far to be able to unbalance Lulu. I am very intrested in her connection to the britanana royal familiy.

Maybe at some point in the series C.C. will say to Lulu: "I am your mother" That would be a one hell of a unexpected twist.

And best of all C.C. has green hair, althoguth napal and kiNa would disagree with me on this point
i must agree...normally the cliché thing would be for C-2 to act like chi from chobits imo...
ill expect the answer "NOOOOOOOOOOOO!" comming from lulu if she told him that she is his mother
and the point about the green hair...i love it! green is my fav color

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-07, 15:15   Link #27
ryaken

Send a message via MSN to ryaken
I enjoyed this episode a good deal! The romantic setups are going well, and the situation is getting more complex.

Spoiler:

Exciting, good blend.

Last edited by ryaken; 2006-11-07 at 19:54. Reason: didnt close spoiler tag
ryaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-07, 15:32   Link #28
JediNight
キズランダム

Maybe she played freaky-deaky mind-games on everyone, and she was never shot in the first place? =*) For all you know it was just mind-games and she stood in the corner afterwards, blanking out their minds from knowing she was there.
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-08, 11:30   Link #29
MeganeShounen
Huh?

In the spirit of "Sunrise male leads getting overpowered mecha", I wonder when and how would Lelouch or Zero get his own KF? I mean, he DOES seem to be an ace at it, way back at Episode 2. I also wonder how did he learn about piloting? At least he was able to last for some time against a newly released Lancelot.

I certainly don't wish for a "nuclear powerd mech with lotsa guns and wings". We've already had that for 50+ episodes already. We need more shiny ones like the Lancelot. (BTW, since Suzaku has the Lancelot, will Lelouch gain the... Sab- err, the Arthur?)

Plus, C.C. gives me the same vibes as Hitomi from Vision of Escaflowne. No exact reason, just that she's related to a "civilization that perished long ago, that had mystical powers". Maybe. She's damn hot too, with that green hair.
MeganeShounen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-09, 11:44   Link #30
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Lelouch will obtain the Holy Grail that will pwn Lancelot. :|
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-13, 23:12   Link #31
HazardNights

Send a message via AIM to HazardNights Send a message via MSN to HazardNights Send a message via Yahoo to HazardNights
I really liked this episode. Nice mix of content all around though it did seem really short compared to the other episodes.
HazardNights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-14, 01:18   Link #32
AvianWing
lol whut?

Send a message via MSN to AvianWing
This episode did a 180 degree on the show for me, making Code Geass one of my favorite series this fall. It was brilliant on the director's part to slow down the progression and define the stances first. Moreover, the plot as a whole becomes a whole lot substantial with this episode.

I noticed the parallel mentioned between GS and Code Geass for characters Lacus with Kira and Suzaku with Yuffie. Well, aside form Sunrise milking the GS franchise by implenting such allegory, I believe--or hope to believe-- that the two play a whole different role in this series. remember, GSD is about predestination versus free determinism, Code Geass is about affecting change through revolution (hence the subtitle). I really love how the director tied everything so well together for Suzaku's side. Whereas Kira and his army sounds like a bunch of anachronisms of modern politics, Suzaku had a medieval flair to add to the romance of this struggle (hmmm, Lancelot, a coincidence?). Jeremiah gained a lot of respect from me this episode. While his ideals may not be correct, he shows absolute loyalty to his country... a quality that has been bashed in modern days. In respect, he is the epitomy of a knight (again, a coincidence? Even his name is prevalent in the West Germanic language group). Moreover, the director sets up a despotic government with successions of royalty, not some pop star influence over people's opinions.

Lelouch's side, however, can work on some improvement. This episode focuses more on the working of Geass rather than the structure of the rebellion. While I'm glad that there's more of Geass than what Lelouch concluded from episode three, I'm very intrigued on the relationship between Lelouch and the terrorists and what they may stand for. It's symbiotic, yes, but it's more fragile than cars that are made in China.

Last edited by AvianWing; 2006-11-14 at 01:23. Reason: Oh, I forgot the credit gg fansub for the video. You guys rule
AvianWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-14, 01:27   Link #33
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post

And best of all C.C. has green hair, althought npal and KiNa would disagree with me on this point
So Xello's likes girls who wears the pants in a relationship?

There's more to CC than meets the eye, I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out that lulu is nothing more than a pawn to her in some greater scheme. I feel sorry for General Pate and Jeremiah but I guess I'm biased.

BTW that music when Suzukua was with Yuffie was really touching and fitted the scene, anyone know the name of the song?
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-14, 01:36   Link #34
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
BTW, since Suzaku has the Lancelot, will Lelouch gain the... Sab- err, the Arthur?
Unless it has cat-ears, I don't think the name "Arthur" is available. It's already the name of the cat.

Try Galahad. He, out of all the Knights of the round table, is the most successful and powerful. So much so in fact, he might be considered a bigger Mary Sue than Lacus and Kira Yamato. (Hell, Galahad was suppose to be the only knight to have found the Holy Grail. Can't get more ridiculously powerful than that.)

And it would only be appropriate that the next evolution of Kightmare design after Lancelot would be Galahad; After all, Lancelot was Galahad's father.
Old 2006-11-14, 01:42   Link #35
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
There's more to CC than meets the eye, I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out that lulu is nothing more than a pawn to her in some greater scheme.
ouch...that must hurt his overgrown ego you know i never thought of that...the idea of C.C being the mastermind behind all things is quite shocking considering shes only been eating pizza so far but really if it turns out that she is using lulu as a pawn...it means that lulu suxs at chess

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-14, 01:45   Link #36
myopius

"Ah, what indeeed." Great line, and I really wonder what Karen was thinking right then.
(I see that it's "saa nandarou" to be exact by Eleutheria's transcription.)

I think I enjoy C.C's character. "I hate persistent people. ...Good night, Lelouch." She's sly like Lelouch but terse and unpredictable. Yeah, what I really like is how much she seems like Lelouch, since Lelouch is my favorite character. I never received the sexy vibe that some others did, but she's cool. Her personality is way different from when she jumped in front of Lelouch and yelled "Don't kill him!" but I don't... think... that was an act, so she clearly has a side of her which cares for people (or at least, Lelouch, lol). I hope to see more interaction between her/Lelouch/Nanaly, too.

Yuffie is a bit odd. The cat scene... uh, yeah. When she slapped that man on behalf of Suzaka, I thought she must be spoiled to not realize that men, especially ones in troubled situations, can hit you back in the real world (or be relying too much on Suzaku, but I don't think she would be so sinister as to attack from behind him while pretending to defend him).

At the end, when she spoke to Suzaka asking him to aid her (in more or less words), did that mean seek after her brother's murderer (Zero), I wonder? Anyway, she's Lelouch's half-sister... hmm. If what she said had to do with Suzaka attending the academy (as the OP foretold, btw), which would seem possible, then it could mean that they think Zero has something to do with the Academy? No, she couldn't know that.

Lelouch is definitely lucky that Viletta doesn't remember much at all of him...

When Lelouch was researching the Geass, and found that it has a range of 270 meters, etc. How did he find that out? Is information about the Geass public? C.C. comments that he "sure [has] studed it a lot", so did that mean that he collected all that information from his own observations (if so, how did he know about the cerebellum? It can't be, or the purists would realize what Zero is. Also, do we know what the line "If it has the property of light, then reflection is also possible" means yet?

On a side note, I love how Lelouch twists his hand over his face early into the episode as he says, "I was planning to do this even without it" to C.C (referring to destroying Brittania without the Geass). So artful.

Lelouch impressed me with the stress test and all that information he obtained about the Geass.

Yeah, I immediately noticed the Pizza Hut this episode... that was way too obtrusive x.x .

Really looking forward to the next episode. For some reason I find myself wondering how Karen will get along with Suzaku, lol. I'm sure all the other student council members will love him right off the bat for what a kind person he is, but considering Karen fakes everything and has ideological differences, it seems like it could be more complicated in an interesting way. Of course Suzaku is the kind of person who everyone will have to admit they like eventually but I'd find that interaction interesting.

Something about a Lelouch/Karen/Shirley love triangle? Eh, I think Shirley just misunderstood in the ordinary way, not in the cliched way the shy/quiet anime girl who's in love with the main character misunderstands. That misunderstanding could prove to either resolve itself in some quick slightly awkward moment next episode, or if they (the writers) felt like it they could expand Shirley's misunderstanding to great lengths and make for a comical situation at some point, which I'd kind of enjoy, I think.

Sonhex: yeah, the alter-ego thing is one of the things I enjoy most about this series. physics223: yes, he will.
Old 2006-11-14, 08:13   Link #37
Forever
Revealing the truth

Man the Pizza hut is far too obvious. Product Placements have invaded even anime already.

Ah why must CC have green hair? I think if her hair is yellow, she would really resemble Eri from school rumble.
Old 2006-11-14, 11:28   Link #38
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I really loved how sane lelouch was really portrayed.
He isn't a silly "god complex" idiot who tries to abuse his possibilities.
Nor he is the kind of idiot (suzaku), who believes in righteousness and peace etc etc.

this is the episode when we can finally cut the silly comparaison between him and Light from Death Note (the later is obviously smarter, but lacks of common humanism and have some complexs...)
i was especting some legacy of a "idiot avenger who would kill everything trhough his way". hell no, lelouch is indeed cunning and intelligent, but really smart and wise in his judgement (especially that he planned to destroy britannia even without Geass)

really one of the best character so far, in this anime season.

suzaku, however, is really shown as a standard idealist, though he didn't have a stupid line at the end like any cliche idealist character would have "let's save everyone!" (basically, he is admitting he doesn't know what to do, but will follow what is right to him)

the sad thing in this episode is euphemia, who is utterly too much like Lacus in GS... this is really the only character which i'm afraid of : if she has so much impact on suzaku, i hope sunrise won't turn the EuphemiaXsuzaku like a LacusXKira... this would be ridiculous...

oh yeah, of course : CC is bad ass... her looks and previous behaviour was not really forordaining who really she is. (poor lelouch )

can't wait the kitty mess of the EP6! ^^
Old 2006-11-14, 13:33   Link #39
HazardNights

Send a message via AIM to HazardNights Send a message via MSN to HazardNights Send a message via Yahoo to HazardNights
I'm not quite ready to say Euphemia and Suzaku are going to be the Kira and Lacus of this show. At least I hope they don't. Same for Sazaku and Lelouch when one sees a possible Kira and Athurn connection.

Mainly for the fact that these characters can actually carry on a full converstation with each other and are actually able to express full thoughts and complete sentences unlike GSD characters.
HazardNights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-14, 13:44   Link #40
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by myopius View Post
When Lelouch was researching the Geass, and found that it has a range of 270 meters, etc. How did he find that out? Is information about the Geass public? C.C. comments that he "sure [has] studed it a lot", so did that mean that he collected all that information from his own observations (if so, how did he know about the cerebellum? It can't be, or the purists would realize what Zero is. Also, do we know what the line "If it has the property of light, then reflection is also possible" means yet?
A little research and development on Lelouch's part. He figured out the Geass enters the brain through the eye like light. In the same way flashing lights at a certain frequency can induce epileptic fits, he conclude it must assume control of the cerebellum where perception and motor systems are located. Then he's worked out the effectiveness of the Geass through his little tests with his student puppets.

The 'reflection' comment is interesting. Expect that to be used as a future plot device when someone realises that, like Medusa, Lelouch cannot be looked in the eye without dangerous consequences. Then he goes and uses a mirror or another reflective surface to geass them...
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote