AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-01-27, 04:40   Link #121
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

http://kotaku.com/5744485/the-psp-2-revealed

WOW what a powerful little machine we have here!!

And the rear touchpad would actually better emulate what it feels like to play a guitar!!

Seeing as a PS3 release is unlikely, hands up who else wants K-ON!! Hokagou Live 2!! Game to come out on the PSP2?
Old 2011-01-27, 04:55   Link #122
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post
http://kotaku.com/5744485/the-psp-2-revealed

WOW what a powerful little machine we have here!!

And the rear touchpad would actually better emulate what it feels like to play a guitar!!

Seeing as a PS3 release is unlikely, hands up who else wants K-ON!! Hokagou Live 2!! Game to come out on the PSP2?
Why not? I think all of the s2 songs won't fit into a single UMD XD
Old 2011-01-27, 05:03   Link #123
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

They probably would be able to fit the full versions of the songs with music video on considering that Memory Stick Pro-Duo technology is projected to be able to to store up to Two Terabytes by the end of this year!! An astronomical leap to the already impressive 1.5 Gigabytes of the UMDs we have now, and look what it can already do!!

The true challenge, however, would be whether one would be able to clear the U&I and Tenshi Ni Fureta Yo levels without bursting into tears mid level.
Old 2011-02-09, 01:28   Link #124
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Wow, finally got around to playing this game. It's quite the unique rhythm game; if only I wasn't such a novice with the PSP button layout, I might be better at it. I "S" ranked all the songs in the first half, but the second half I've been getting "A" ranks only. I'm afraid that there's a Hard Mode, but with practice I can probably do it. I am the Rock Band pro guitarist, after all. XD
Old 2011-02-09, 03:21   Link #125
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
Wow, finally got around to playing this game. It's quite the unique rhythm game; if only I wasn't such a novice with the PSP button layout, I might be better at it. I "S" ranked all the songs in the first half, but the second half I've been getting "A" ranks only. I'm afraid that there's a Hard Mode, but with practice I can probably do it. I am the Rock Band pro guitarist, after all. XD
Now that's awesome! XD I'm still struggling to get an A rank. I believe you could ace them all in no time
Old 2011-02-09, 03:26   Link #126
Otaku Guy
Disabled By Request

Quote:
I think thats the problem most people have, that the PSP is so different from what we are normally used to, its kinda hard to get used to it after using my Xbox controller for so long ^^
Old 2011-02-09, 05:20   Link #127
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryonea View Post
Now that's awesome! XD I'm still struggling to get an A rank. I believe you could ace them all in no time
Oh, thanks for the vote of confidence^^ I'll be playing this game a lot to be sure; it works well for a portable rhythm game. Kind of sucks how you must "S" rank to get certain costumes, but I guess it makes us play more and that's never a bad thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otaku Guy View Post
I think thats the problem most people have, that the PSP is so different from what we are normally used to, its kinda hard to get used to it after using my Xbox controller for so long ^^
That's true. I'm so used to a DS (A, B, X, and Y) that X, O, triangle and square are very strange to me. Of course, I did just get a PSP a few days ago:P
Old 2011-02-09, 05:33   Link #128
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Oh, thanks for the vote of confidence^^ I'll be playing this game a lot to be sure; it works well for a portable rhythm game. Kind of sucks how you must "S" rank to get certain costumes, but I guess it makes us play more and that's never a bad thing
Eh? I think you only need to get A (and in hard mode) to unlock the costumes. Browse a few pages back in this thread and you'll see the menu translations FAQ, it includes the instructions on how to get the costumes, events, etc. (Just in case if you haven't seen them)
Old 2011-02-09, 05:37   Link #129
Otaku Guy
Disabled By Request

Quote:
That's true. I'm so used to a DS (A, B, X, and Y) that X, O, triangle and square are very strange to me. Of course, I did just get a PSP a few days ago:P
I remember when I bought my PSP, for the release of Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep and it was so weird to work with at first.

But as a side note, I heard getting the timing for the buttons is hard to do, it was in Birth by Sleep at one point and thats coming from someone who used to play the drums lol
Old 2011-02-09, 05:51   Link #130
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryonea View Post
Eh? I think you only need to get A (and in hard mode) to unlock the costumes. Browse a few pages back in this thread and you'll see the menu translations FAQ, it includes the instructions on how to get the costumes, events, etc. (Just in case if you haven't seen them)
Oh, is that it? Wow, lucky me then^^ I probably won't need the menu translation; I think I just missed the note because I skipped through a lot of the instructions. I'll check it out though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otaku Guy View Post
I remember when I bought my PSP, for the release of Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep and it was so weird to work with at first.

But as a side note, I heard getting the timing for the buttons is hard to do, it was in Birth by Sleep at one point and thats coming from someone who used to play the drums lol
Ugh, I played that game on a demo PSP and it was so odd. I can validate that the timing is hard, coming from one who's been involved in over 5 different instruments.
Old 2011-02-10, 16:47   Link #131
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

*whew* I'm learning the ropes and it's getting a LOT easier. I've barely looked into Hard Mode and I've played many of the songs only with certain characters, so I don't have a full experience yet; here's what I have done though:

Normal Mode:

"Watashi no Koi wa Hocchikisu" - Yui (45980 "S"), Mio (35740 "Perfect"), Ritsu (48340 "A")
"Humming Bird" - Yui (58260 "A"), Mio (57940 "A"), Ritsu (60870 "S"), Tsumugi (74050 "S"), Azusa (74290 "S")
"Sunday Siesta" - Yui (63650 "S"), Mio (68310 "S"), Ritsu (58040 "A"), Tsumugi (78310 "S"), Azusa (70930 "S")
"Hello Little Girl" - Yui (42530 "Perfect"), Mio (76840 "Perfect"), Ritsu (69810 "A")
"Fuwa Fuwa Time" - Yui (86200 "S"), Azusa (80430 "Perfect")
"Dear My Keys/Kenban no Mahou" - Yui (110890 "S")
"Jajauma Way to Go" - Yui (87490 "S"), Mio (89360 "S"), Azusa (91250 "A")
"Sweet Bitter Beauty Song" - Yui (79150 "Perfect"), Tsumugi (66020 "S")
"Fude Pen, Boru Pen" - Yui (90040 "S"), Ritsu (114380 "A")
"Let's Go!" - Yui (116610 "Perfect"), Azusa (131170 "S")
"Curry Nochi Rice" - Yui (61640 "A"), Ritsu (66260 "S")
"Mezase Happii 100%" - Yui (124170 "S"), Mio (111530 "A")
"Watashi wa Watashi no Michi o Iku" - Yui (82120 "A"), Tsumugi (81070 "S"), Azusa (99240 "S")
"Giita ni Kubittake" - Yui (128370 "A"), Ritsu (121300 "A"), Azusa (158880 "A")
"Happy!? Sorry!!" - Yui (122600 "S"), Ritsu (145900 "S"), Azusa (115950 "S")
"Heart Goes Boom!!" - Yui (128150 "S"), Mio (116490 "A"), Azusa (153360 "Perfect")
"Girly Storm Shissou Stick" - Yui (103520 "A"), Mio (90230 "S"), Ritsu (90860 "A"), Tsumugi (93650 "S"), Azusa (138020 "Perfect")
"Cagayake! GIRLS" - Yui (147570 "A"), Mio (178380 "S"), Ritsu (151370 "S"), Tsumugi (119190 "S"), Azusa (142550 "A")
"Don't Say 'Lazy'" - Yui (209580 "A"), Mio (180530 "A"), Ritsu (156580 "A"), Tsumugi (135670 "S"), Azusa (156440 "A")

Hard Mode:

"Watashi no Koi wa Hocchikisu" - Yui (80560 "S")
"Humming Bird" - Yui (73190 "A")
"Hello Little Girl" - Tsumugi (99670 "S")
"Dear My Keys/Kenban no Mahou" - Yui (186350 "Perfect")
"Fude Pen, Boru Pen" - Mio (201020 "A")
"Heart Goes Boom!!" - Yui (142810 "A")
"Don't Say 'Lazy'" - Tsumugi (124480 "A")

I need to play more "Hard" songs if I'm going to get any better. XD

EDIT: I'm playing right now too, so I'll probably add any new scores I get here.

NOTE 1: Does anyone subconsciously fling around the analog stick in hopes that there is a whammy bar function?

NOTE 2: I love how these single character songs are played by the entire band. Something awesome that you won't see in the anime.

Last edited by Hiroi Sekai; 2011-02-11 at 05:02.
Old 2011-02-12, 16:51   Link #132
shinku no kage
:Still Yayoi's Onii~chan:

Wow, I havent been on this site for quite some time so it seems I missed a lot of discussions here. ^^;

I see a lot people differ in what characters are the easiest to play and whcih ones are harder...personally I think the easiest to hardest is:

Tsumugi -> Yui -> Azusa -> Ritsu -> Mio

I just cannot play as Mio, you can barely hear her parts!! I basically have to MAX her part and lower the rest and then play using ear phones.

If anyone has any questions on how to unlock any of the costumes, events, and/or items then let me know as I've achieved the 100% completion!! (sadly there's nothing special that happens when you do...orz) I didnt put in 70+ hours of gameplay (I literally spent 20 of it trying to get the last 2 MC voices of Mugi) and achieved either an "S" rank or "Perfect" rank on every song with every character. Muwahaha

As far as MC voices go I have to say just keep playing. Though there were some MC voices that require a certain criteria.

-Playing the character songs. Like if you play "Mezase Happy 100%" as any other character then Ritsu then they will call out Ritsu's name for the MC. *in Ritsu's songs they also call her "Buchou" so you actually have to play Ritsu's songs twice for the name calling MC.

-The MC voices that appear at the END of songs. Some MCs only appear when its the end of the song. So you cant attain all the MC voices by restarting songs with MCs at the beginning...though its a good way to get a good chunk of them.

-"Fuwa Fuwa Time", the "Mou Nechaoh~" (Lets just go to sleep!) for all characters apparently only appears on this song.

Last edited by shinku no kage; 2011-02-12 at 20:15.
Old 2011-02-13, 17:02   Link #133
AznAndy94
The Unknown Artist

Send a message via MSN to AznAndy94 Send a message via Yahoo to AznAndy94
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinku no kage View Post
I see a lot people differ in what characters are the easiest to play and whcih ones are harder...personally I think the easiest to hardest is:

Tsumugi -> Yui -> Azusa -> Ritsu -> Mio
Wow, personally I think it goes like this:
Ritsu -> Mio -> Tsumugi -> Yui -> Azusa

Ritsu is easy for me because being a drummer makes it easier to find the beats. For some reason Azusa is the hardest for me. So far I've Perfect'd every song on normal and all songs on Hard except Cagayake, Girly Storm, Lazy and Heat Goes Boom. I did S rank them all though.
Old 2011-02-17, 18:33   Link #134
Misago

hi, does anyone know if it's possible to watch the songs without the game part, like a music video?
i'm lefthanded and find the drumming parts the hardest, it's like my hands are hardwired to press the kick and snare parts the opposite way round!
Old 2011-02-17, 19:54   Link #135
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misago View Post
hi, does anyone know if it's possible to watch the songs without the game part, like a music video?
i'm lefthanded and find the drumming parts the hardest, it's like my hands are hardwired to press the kick and snare parts the opposite way round!
I assume you mean something like this?

There should be someone better qualified than I am to tell you how to do this...
Old 2011-02-18, 04:04   Link #136
Misago

yes, like that but within the game itself.
i just assumed it would be an unlockable, but it's not turning out that way >.<
Old 2011-02-18, 04:42   Link #137
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

Hmm... I have a hunch, is it perhaps a combination of 「えんそう!」 and 「うたおう!」 ? Sorry, I don't have a PSP...
Old 2011-02-26, 18:39   Link #138
shinku no kage
:Still Yayoi's Onii~chan:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misago View Post
Just to watch? Then you can just go into the 「えんそう!」/Ensou! Mode and choose a song and the stage that goes with it and you can opt to skip all the editing and watch the song play...HOWEVER!!! In this mode the song is instrumental, no actual singing takes place...why would they do this? I dont know...OTZ

Thats as close as you're going to get...that, or you can just use the dagashi item for auto play during gameplay.
Old 2011-03-07, 10:49   Link #139
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Ok, finally get to play this game in-depth since I recently had my own PSP

Managed to clear all the songs, unlocked every costume and accessories too, but still missing the decoration items.

As for the difficulty of the characters... on the 2nd thought, I think all of them are quite the same. Rather than their playing style, I think the problem lies within the songs' arrangement, especially the speed It became difficult when the speed of the song is too slow (like "Hello Little Girl") and too fast (Curry Nochi Rice).

But if I were to rank them, then:
Mugi -> Yui -> Mio -> Ritsu -> Azusa

Mugi -->> Easiest to use IMO (She's my most fave chara, of course XD). Most of her part are the button holds, but sometimes it became problematic when it came into tapping, even more with the d-pad presses slipped among them. Lose the rhythm, and it'll be a string of bads and misses

Yui -->> I found her on par or maybe even easier than Mugi. Have no specific problems for her.... not too rapid button presses, a bit of button holds. She and Mugi are the only ones I could achieve perfect clears and many S ranks on Hard.

Mio -->> Basically the same like Yui, just inverted same as most people, the difficulty lies in the inversion of the left and right button. Her part itself isn't that hard, majority of rapid tapping just like Yui

Ritsu -->> Feels best when we got the rhythm a good and steady play between the left and right buttons although it's a bit hard when the button presses are stacked too close together

Azusa -->> Spent a long time to adapt with her style I tend to miss when it comes to switching the left button holds.

But really, in the end, I feel that the difficulty gap among them is very thin.
Old 2011-04-08, 13:17   Link #140
wigglypuff
Banned

this game is nice...
but without headphones i can't hear their voices, only their instruments..
i find Ritsu the easiest...
hope there is a second game..
Closed Thread