AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-03-13, 15:33   Link #1101
hell88
Banned

Location: Canada, but sometimes in La La-Land hanging out with Midori-chan89
There ranks are a dead give away to show who has more power but I think the one who would win is the one who has a better stratagy and techniques which would still go to Sophia, even Noel would beat Undine. Basically what I'm saying is if rank #25 has better techniques and stratagies then say rank #10, rank #25 will most likely win, and experience helps too.
Old 2008-03-13, 16:31   Link #1102
Kikaifan
Blazing General

Aren't they ranked based on duels though? Noel acted like they were the way she was talking about fighting Sophia and Priscilla for their seats.

If that's the case rank should reflect overall fighting ability in a one-on-one match with a fellow Claymore, with strategy and trickery already figured in.
Old 2008-03-13, 16:36   Link #1103
lsley
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hell88 View Post
even Noel would beat Undine.
hehe, that sound like: Noel's so weak, but Undine even weaker xD
I think we shouldn't forget that Noel was a warrior theoratically capable of annihilating a town of yoma.

And Sophia should be stronger no matter what, Undine was all pumped up, Sophia was cutting this pillar without even the slightest effort and was called "muscular Sophia" and that's > self proclaimed (traumatic) strongest claymore.
Old 2008-03-13, 17:22   Link #1104
hell88
Banned

Location: Canada, but sometimes in La La-Land hanging out with Midori-chan89
Well all in all I think I'm speaking for pretty much everyone here when I say hopefully there are no more masculine female warriors because theres always somebody that starts a strange but funny converstion about them.
Old 2008-03-13, 21:19   Link #1105
derelict88
Huh! Made ya read!! :D

I am going to take a wild guess, I think its going to take like a few more months before Yagi unleash Raki to us mere mortals. I bet he going to look 'gurlish' too :P

Reporter: Wow Raki you look famininely fantabulous! Look at that muscara... it totally bring out your eyes! Me likey!!

Raki: Gosh Gully lil mish reporter, I do my besh to present myself as besh ah kin and ah feel that being presentable is the best that ah can do. Ah mean it aint easy but what a man got tado what a man got tado, you know what ah mean?

Reporter: Err ya! Well thanks Raki its been a pleas...

Raki: And me being thot by Isley is rubbin off on me. Ah mean he being a he-she himself what better way to show ma gratitute than to be one myself?

Reporter: Umm ya I guess so. Well Raki it was nice talking to y...

Raki: I mean I dont have nothing lady. I was like penis-less. Ahahahah I mean I am penniless Ahahaha; A joke there. ***snicker*** Penis-less ***snicker*** I wish.

Reporter: Oh my... Well ummm, excuse...

Raki: Where was ah? Oh yeah penniless and tiny...

Reporter: Look Raki. Hate to break your parade actually you dont have to try too hard. I think you are already a she-male.

Raki: Why thanks!!

Reporter: Now ****off! I need to interview the famous headless swordswoman. Scram!

Raki: K. ***cry*** (like a she-male he did. I mean she did. It did?)
Old 2008-03-13, 21:19   Link #1106
tenken627
what Yagi said

Actually it's the organization who determines rank. Ilena (Irene) stated as much when we're first introduced to Priscilla.

Duels and such may factor in to the organization's decision but that's not always the case. The organization makes the final determination.

Which is why someone like Priscilla can jump to rank #2 while still being a rookie, and why Rafaela would only be considered a #5 when she has as much power as Luciela. The organization has their own reasons for much of their rankings.
Old 2008-03-13, 21:23   Link #1107
tenken627
what Yagi said

There are girls who read mangas and watch animes that like to look at pretty boys. Especially in Japan where there is a very high percentage of girl viewers (someone told me that more Japanese girls watch/read mangas and animes than Japanese boys?).
Old 2008-03-13, 21:33   Link #1108
derelict88

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenken627 View Post
Which is why someone like Priscilla can jump to rank #2 while still being a rookie, and why Rafaela would only be considered a #5 when she has as much power as Luciela. The organization has their own reasons for much of their rankings.
Bringing Rafaela ranking in the same breath as Priscilla is somewhat baseless. Rafaela was kinda put to pasture by the Org. She is and was around for one purpose and that was to 'fix' what was broken in the Org. That problem was Luciela the Abyssal of the South. Her rank doesnt mean a thing in the bigger scheme of things where the rest of the 46 stand.

Priscilla on the other hand was in the mainstream in the Org greater perogative. Therefore her rank is in sinc with the power that she has over the other Claymores. Than again I think the rank is ever forming. They shift like the wind current. I mean Irene did square off with Teresa once or twice before that eventful day. It could be ranking purpose that they faced off.
Old 2008-03-13, 21:37   Link #1109
tenken627
what Yagi said

Quote:
Originally Posted by derelict88 View Post
Bringing Rafaela ranking in the same breath as Priscilla is somewhat baseless. Rafaela was kinda put to pasture by the Org. She is and was around for one purpose and that was to 'fix' what was broken in the Org. That problem was Luciela the Abyssal of the South. Her rank doesnt mean a thing in the bigger scheme of things where the rest of the 46 stand.

Priscilla on the other hand was in the mainstream in the Org greater perogative.
Doesn't matter the reason. The ranks were manipulated by the organization in both situations. Strength and power, whether it be physical or yoki related, generally determines where the ranks stand. But, like I stated earlier, it's the organization that determines them, and has the ability to manipulate it.

One Claymore defeating another Claymore in a duel doesn't necessarily change the ranking right after the duel unless the Organization deems it so.
Old 2008-03-13, 21:40   Link #1110
Alleluia_Cone
Prospective Cog

Not to overly accentuate the similarities between Berserk and Claymore, which seems to be a favorite pastime of many who like both series, but does anybody else feel that Isley is a poor man's version of Griffith? I don't know how many people on this thread have ever seen or read Berserk, but the similarity is uncanny in so far as their attitude and demeanor is concerned, or at least initially, since Griffith undergoes a 'transformation.' And for what it's worth, they also resemble each other greatly, for example:

Griffith

Isley
Old 2008-03-13, 21:44   Link #1111
derelict88

Quote:
Doesn't matter the reason. The ranks were manipulated by the organization in both situations. Strength and power, whether it be physical or yoki related, generally determines where the ranks stand. But, like I stated earlier, it's the organization that determines them, and has the ability to manipulate it.

One Claymore defeating another Claymore in a duel doesn't necessarily change the ranking right after the duel unless the Organization deems it so.
I cant argue this point. Checkmate for now.

Cheers.
Old 2008-03-13, 21:55   Link #1112
tenken627
what Yagi said

Quote:
I cant argue this point. Checkmate for now.

Cheers.
lol

No checkmate!

I was just trying to clear things up.

I saw your point, but I meant that the organization does what the organization wants to do with its rankings. For different reasons.

They sneaky like that.
Old 2008-03-13, 22:15   Link #1113
derelict88

Quote:
lol

No checkmate!

I was just trying to clear things up.

I saw your point, but I meant that the organization does what the organization wants to do with its rankings. For different reasons.

They sneaky like that.
True story of em being sneaky. Speaking of the Org I really wondered how they ever come to a surety of/on what fit whom when it comes to infusing the Yoma parts into the lil girls before they are release as warriors as one of the 47.

I came to this line of thought after watching Avangelion 1.0 in the cinema. There I saw Adam hanging where the Avangelions were created or conceived. So, does the Org have an 'Adam' or an 'Eve' hanging around in their backyard where they can scoop out a gollup or two to be infused with the unsuspecting lil girls? Sometimes there are just too many questions in a comic (manga) to do justice by us readers...

Oh well, at lease I am happy with Clare becoming all powerful wonder-woman. Lol
Old 2008-03-13, 22:49   Link #1114
tenken627
what Yagi said

Quote:
I came to this line of thought after watching Avangelion 1.0 in the cinema. There I saw Adam hanging where the Avangelions were created or conceived. So, does the Org have an 'Adam' or an 'Eve' hanging around in their backyard where they can scoop out a gollup or two to be infused with the unsuspecting lil girls? Sometimes there are just too many questions in a comic (manga) to do justice by us readers...
Scooping out a gollup or two makes me think of ice cream. 47 flavors of Yoma. Yum.

I really have no clue where they would get Yoma parts from to create Claymores. Maybe a Yoma farm? In a Yoma barn? Maybe the organization really is the one creating Yomas. We'll probably find out in future chapters since the creation of Claymores is integral to the story.

It's entirely speculation, but I think both Riful and Isley will be defeated soon. Then the story of the Ghost 7 + other rebels starting their fight against the organization and their Claymores will begin. Could be interesting: an all out war between Claymores.

The fight between Clare and Priscilla might be the climatic fight at the end. It might not.

What we know of the organization is that they have at least 2 parts to it. Maybe 3.

There seems to be (These are all made up names to make it easier for me to distinguish between them):

Organization Elders (The guys sitting on the thrones that make the decisions)

Organization Runners (The guys running around with each Claymore, and reports to the Elders - e.g. Rubel)

Organization Trainers? The ones taking care of and trains young upcoming Claymores? In the scene where Rafaela meets a young Teresa (Chapter 64), a man comes looking for Teresa. I'm not sure if he is a Organization Runner (a Rubel type), but he doesn't act like it. He specifically says that Teresa keeps running away from training.

Last edited by tenken627; 2008-03-13 at 23:00.
Old 2008-03-13, 22:54   Link #1115
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alleluia_Cone View Post
Not to overly accentuate the similarities between Berserk and Claymore, which seems to be a favorite pastime of many who like both series, but does anybody else feel that Isley is a poor man's version of Griffith? I don't know how many people on this thread have ever seen or read Berserk, but the similarity is uncanny in so far as their attitude and demeanor is concerned, or at least initially, since Griffith undergoes a 'transformation.' And for what it's worth, they also resemble each other greatly, for example:

Griffith

Isley
I read berserk, and I have to say I like Isley a WHOLE lot more then Griffith.

Isley comes off as a whole lot manlier then Griffith to boot

Not to mention Isley's AB form > Griffith's
Spoiler for Berserk Spoiler:
Old 2008-03-13, 23:06   Link #1116
khryoleoz
Power of 9 SoShi-ist

Maybe. Griffith was a little more complex a character though, even doing the absolute nasty in order to get closer to his dream. Heck, he was even fixated upon Guts. Eew!

Hopefully, Isley likes girls better than did Griffith.

It's a bit of a relief that Claymore doesn't have a character like Guts. We don't want to see too much of his type littering other shows. It dampens the character's impact. I'm perfectly happy to have Teresa serve the function of Claymore bad-ass.
Old 2008-03-13, 23:10   Link #1117
tenken627
what Yagi said

Quote:
Originally Posted by khryoleoz View Post
Maybe. Griffith was a little more complex a character though, even doing the absolute nasty in order to get closer to his dream. Heck, he was even fixated upon Guts. Eew!

Hopefully, Isley likes girls better than did Griffith.
Griffith got a lot of panel space. He was one of the main characters in Berserk.

You never know. If Isley had that much panel space, you might catch him necking Raki while he's sleeping!

Raki: zzzzZZZZzzz.... ughHhh... Priscilla... stop it... I'm trying to sleep.... zzzZZzzzZz
Old 2008-03-13, 23:11   Link #1118
khryoleoz
Power of 9 SoShi-ist

Eeeew! That's so gross! Raki's tainted! At least he was a stud!
Old 2008-03-13, 23:11   Link #1119
tenken627
what Yagi said

Quote:
Originally Posted by khryoleoz View Post
Eeeew! That's so gross!
Then it's a good thing you don't see Isley much! It's better to stay in the dark.
Old 2008-03-13, 23:16   Link #1120
khryoleoz
Power of 9 SoShi-ist

Somehow for one reason or another, I'm getting images of that nasty fanart that somebody dubbed Gaymores. Go away!
Closed Thread