AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

View Poll Results: Infinite Stratos - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 12 13.79%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 5 5.75%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 13.79%
7 out of 10 : Good 13 14.94%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 9.20%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 12 13.79%
4 out of 10 : Poor 8 9.20%
3 out of 10 : Bad 8 9.20%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 2.30%
1 out of 10 : Painful 7 8.05%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-03-24, 19:53   Link #21
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
That was hilariously bad

The fight started out pretty well, with some nice animation and choreography and then... Ichika happened. The naked Newtype scene was totally random and completely uncalled for. It made me laugh so hard I was unable to take the rest of the episode seriously. Ichika acted like a retard and made a mistake at a critical moment (if he had just attacked and destroyed the robot, everyone, including the guys on that motherfucking boat would have been perfectly safe), and yet he's the one who lectured Houki. What the hell? Sure, she was a little drunk with power and therefore acted arrogantly, however, she still followed orders to the letter and did her job - flawlessly, might I add.

Since I thought Ichika was the one at fault here, Houki going all emo over her non-existent blunder obviously only irked me. And what's this? Rin playing a relevant role!? This is a miracle! +1 point for that.
Yeah, pretty much this. I mean, for us to even be able to sympathize with Houki in self-pity, we have to consider that she's in the wrong somehow, and I frankly can't see that. For one, she's making the correct decision in the battlefield, all she's wrong about is that she's a bit gung-ho, that's it. In no way was she's wrong, she did everything she's supposed to do, but nobody blamed that rogue ship for not following orders, or Ichika being an idiot for sacrificing himself while his shield is 0% and Akatsubaki is probably still full, and that's not considering that it's a 4th gen.

And really, to call the naked conversation thing jarring is an understatement, it really comes out of nowhere I have to double-check to make sure I don't miss anything. And can anyone explain to me what exactly is Houki's problem? I really have no idea what they're talking about with strong and weak, I thought it was over-aggressiveness but in the flashback it's Ichika who attacks the bully. Can anyone explain....?

Oh well, if there's a few good parts, I suppose the fight scene before the fiasco is alright, Rin actually got to do something, Ichika actually used to be more charming as a kid (at least now I can see why his (3!) childhood friend are flocking to him, I wonder where all that goes though?), and...I'm drawing a blank here. Maybe Houki in her skintight white bodysuit? Houki with her hair down (to the dismay of mangatron)? The girls coming together to fight? I don't know. All I know, for the arc focusing on Houki's character, I feel it just makes everything more of a mess.
Old 2011-03-24, 19:54   Link #22
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoarfrost View Post
P.S. An explosion to the face with no shield energy hurts him so little that he can get by with a drip and no medical attention. Lol, yeah. Way to rob all tension that could possibly exist.
the ultimate defense popped up which was what actually saved ichika.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
And really, to call the naked conversation thing jarring is an understatement, it really comes out of nowhere I have to double-check to make sure I don't miss anything. And can anyone explain to me what exactly is Houki's problem? I really have no idea what they're talking about with strong and weak, I thought it was over-aggressiveness but in the flashback it's Ichika who attacks the bully. Can anyone explain....?
when Houki was forced to move because of the introduction of the IS she threw herself deeply into Kendo as a way to vent her anger over the situation and a missed opportunity. She went at it so hard that she actually made one of her opponents start to cry at one time which was when she realized that she was just getting stronger as a way to vent her anger.
Old 2011-03-24, 20:13   Link #23
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
Difference between Houki and Ichika is that she keeps using violence as a means to solve her problems usually pretty ineffectively. Angry because of no longer being able to be with Ichika? Take it out on your opponents in Kendo matches. Ichika only punched that kid after asking him to stop and then when the kid continued to be a jerk to protect Houki from bullying.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2011-03-24, 20:28   Link #24
karuroso

Hell yeah! =D take that Ichika! thats what you get for being a damn pussy
Old 2011-03-24, 20:51   Link #25
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Difference between Houki and Ichika is that she keeps using violence as a means to solve her problems usually pretty ineffectively. Angry because of no longer being able to be with Ichika? Take it out on your opponents in Kendo matches. Ichika only punched that kid after asking him to stop and then when the kid continued to be a jerk to protect Houki from bullying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
when Houki was forced to move because of the introduction of the IS she threw herself deeply into Kendo as a way to vent her anger over the situation and a missed opportunity. She went at it so hard that she actually made one of her opponents start to cry at one time which was when she realized that she was just getting stronger as a way to vent her anger.
Ahhh, okay, now I understood it better. Well, it's still pretty strange though, especially how quickly she resolves it, but I guess that's just how it is.
Old 2011-03-24, 20:52   Link #26
Johnny
Working the bags...

Typical Ichika fight scene. Swing the pointy thing around for awhile until you run out of energy. Then try an attempt at giving a Touma holier than thou speech. Finally, get ass kicked...

Maybe they should just have him mate with all the females and hope they can produce a male that can pilot an IS, but take after the mother...
Old 2011-03-24, 21:04   Link #27
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

I'll give it a perfect score.

Nice dramatic episode, with a good look at Houki's character.

Her long hair also made me go HNNNGG, but hey that's me.

Got to say though, that unlike some people here, Ichika quite impressed me this episode having made a pretty good decision protecting that boat. Seeing what it did to Houki immediately after, which was something it would have done anyway, regardless of whether or not he distracted her, if he hadn't moved to protect the boat, those people would have lost their lives. A good judgement.

Kudos to Rin on talking sense into Houki.

I'm looking forward to the next ep.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Old 2011-03-24, 21:09   Link #28
frezinator

Awesome episode!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i loved it!!!!!

seeing houki's different side was just FRESH!! been rooting for her since day 1 ^.^

Also, loved seeing Flashbacks of houki and ichika when they were still both little

Last edited by frezinator; 2011-03-24 at 21:28.
Old 2011-03-24, 21:36   Link #29
Joe88

did the colors looked washed out/faded to anyone else?
I got the ayako release

a few things felt a bit rushed in this ep
and the burning of the hair ribbon
Spoiler:
Old 2011-03-24, 21:47   Link #30
Archangel Roy
Nandaiyo
*Graphic Designer

Oh yeah, what ever happened to
Spoiler for Episode 9:
Old 2011-03-24, 21:51   Link #31
indr0008
Physicist

Send a message via MSN to indr0008 Send a message via Yahoo to indr0008
First I didnt get why you guys laugh at the Newtype moment..

But THEN I watched the episode

I LOL'ed so hard in the office
Old 2011-03-24, 21:54   Link #32
Archangel Roy
Nandaiyo
*Graphic Designer

Just out of curiosity, what is "NewType"?
Old 2011-03-24, 22:05   Link #33
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangel Roy View Post
Just out of curiosity, what is "NewType"?
its a reference to Gundam, where NewTypes are a higher evolved type of human. they commonly have naked soul to soul conversations in space, which is why its hilarious they included it in this ep.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2011-03-24, 22:06   Link #34
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoarfrost View Post
Yeah that was certainly the silliest thing I've seen out of this show yet. Rampaging IS, but let's get naked and talk ethics. The cheese was so thick you could make a sandwich with it.

Speaking of the Silverio Gospel, it doesn't make for much of an antagonist. For a berserk weapon of mass destruction, it has destroyed all of... nothing. No thanks to our heroes of course. It gets to the point that I question Ichika being worried about the ship at all. The Silverio is such a benevolent mad robot that it would probably have left them alone altogether. It certainly couldn't have done any harm if they'd...you know...destroyed it when they had the chance instead of spending half a minute worrying and another half conversing. Either the people in charge here are hopelessly incompetent or terribly unlucky that the only answer they have to this issue are angsty brats.

Even Dragon Crisis' penultimate episode melodrama made more sense than this.

P.S. An explosion to the face with no shield energy hurts him so little that he can get by with a drip and no medical attention. Lol, yeah. Way to rob all tension that could possibly exist.
I was wondering about that.

I mean Ichika's weapon is a sword and I'm pretty sure IS' don't explode into a giant Christian cross like in Evangelion nor was he using a giant mega particle cannon like Rin or Laura.

Unless I"m missing something but that's just plain stupid.
Old 2011-03-24, 22:09   Link #35
larethian

Na! what's with the gundam signature 'spiritual' spoof!

and wow, taking out the fan-service and putting more action makes this more decent.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
its a reference to Gundam, where NewTypes are a higher evolved type of human. they commonly have naked soul to soul conversations in space, which is why its hilarious they included it in this ep.
not just for NewType; it's practically a signature throughout the entire franchise.
Old 2011-03-24, 22:26   Link #36
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Uwaaaaaaaaaaaaah! Cold sweat, cold sweat! (;;;;-;;;-;; )
It wasn't bad at first, especially the fighting, which wasn't that bad (animation-wise, anyways). I'm also glad the animation wasn't collapsing like it was previously... At least Rin's breast size wasn't morphing with each scene.
But then the boat part... Oh my head...! Then some random spiritual dimension! Then that incredibly cheesy and hideous scene with Houki being cheered up by the other girls!
.............It's been a while since I've seen such horrible seriousness...! I don't care if there is serious plot in this anime, but at least do it well... At least average! No, at least boring! Anything but this!

Oh Ichika, you *beep* protagonist. If I try to figure out your thought process, I'd plaster your face on my laptop and smash the screen!
Oi, stupid hostile enemy machine! Aim better at him next time.

But wait, swimsuit in the preview?! Maybe the next episode will be better!
.................................................. .......................orz

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2011-03-24, 22:26   Link #37
Fawx9

I'm trying to figure out his thought process for that fight, but anything I come up with makes him look like a retard. Here's what I have so far.

Step 1) Notice civilian boat during my 1 hit KO attack run on immobilized target.
Step 2) Get target's attention.
Step 3) Without warning my partner, proceed to turn around and position myself between the crazy robot and boat to block a couple of random shots that may or may not hit it.
Step 4) Pin myself because now the boat, that didn't listen to the massive blockade warning, is in the direct line of fire if I move.
Step 5) Tell off partner, while trying to be a newtype, that is asking me what the hell I am doing.

How about we try this instead:
1) Tell her that there's a boat
2) Get her to move it away
3) Block any shots until repositioned

Or

1) Finish attack run and ignore shots that probably wouldn't hit

If they did you can at least give them the Darwin award for being tools and ignoring a military operation blockade warning.

Don't even get me started when its apparently her fault, I can see her blaming herself, but everyone else?

It was his choice to try and be a hero.
Old 2011-03-24, 23:11   Link #38
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangel Roy View Post
Oh yeah, what ever happened to
Spoiler for Episode 9:
chances are that it is a ribbon that will replace the one that just got burnt next episode
Old 2011-03-24, 23:38   Link #39
U<3Anime
Boo!

Seriously, Ichika should have just went for the kill........
Old 2011-03-25, 00:04   Link #40
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
Originally Posted by U<3Anime View Post
Seriously, Ichika should have just went for the kill........
well, it's Ichika we're talkin' about... his ability to screw up things is quite unique.