AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-05-21, 12:02   Link #21
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
I don't think Saki is Haruto's opposite, but Shouko's with Haruto's opposite being L-Elf (which is also how it is officially being presented: Shouko and Saki as his triangle hirls and l-Elf as his rival). It is just that Haruto is on same wavelength as Shouko.

Quote:
Edit: I'm going to be very interested in seeing if Saki survives through the end of this anime. A character calling oneself "invincible" is about as loud a Death Flag as you can get. Should Saki ever die in combat, I'll definitely point to that as her death flag. Should she survive through the end of this anime, then this will be a rather neat example of a Death Flag being subverted.
That Death Flag has been lowered already as she already learned that she is far from invincible. She practically started crying and was unable to move until Shouko and the rest of the school cheered her up.
Old 2013-05-21, 13:22   Link #22
Xion Valkyrie

This anime already subverted a ton of tropes. I don't think they'll go the predictable route of killing off Saki unless it was totally out of the blue.
Old 2013-05-21, 14:27   Link #23
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Killing Saki is a non-profitable move!

The glasses girl or the money-greedy-guy-friend are more likely to die.
Old 2013-05-21, 19:58   Link #24
Folenfant
Banned

Can Saki even be killed though? We saw someone try to kill Haruto already and that didn't quite work out.
Old 2013-05-21, 20:06   Link #25
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folenfant View Post
Can Saki even be killed though? We saw someone try to kill Haruto already and that didn't quite work out.
i have a theory on that, and that is if the valvrave that they are connected to is destroyed they die aswell even if they are not in it, so if carmilla is destroyed saki will die theoretically
Old 2013-05-22, 10:50   Link #26
maxxus0923
Fairy Legion

Saki is probably one of the crazies characters this season that is my favorite... a one of a kind character but yeah... she is entertaining

dont you think opposite attracts?
Old 2013-05-22, 18:21   Link #27
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
I adore Saki, and I love her reason for hitting that yes button. Except I would have said I never wanted to be human to begin with...true story. Anyway I look forward to seeing what "Ms. I wanna be famous" get's up to next.
Old 2013-05-23, 01:08   Link #28
JohnNiles

I don't see Saki dying, but I do think her actions will wind up getting another pilot killed. She doesn't seem like a team player, and I don't think she will enjoy sharing the spotlight. That opens the door to friction between pilots and lack of cohesive strategy. If she does get someone killed, I'm betting on it being the tough guy.
Old 2013-05-23, 02:15   Link #29
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
She's my favorite character in the show so far. We'll see how things play out.
Old 2013-05-23, 13:14   Link #30
7Th
Mixtape

She just got the strongest plot-armor in the show~~
Old 2013-05-23, 13:24   Link #31
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Th View Post
Mr.Burns(From Simpsons): "Excellent....."
Old 2013-05-23, 13:42   Link #32
Xander

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Th View Post
You will never see me complaining about that in this case.
Old 2013-05-23, 13:46   Link #33
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

I wonder what this promise will be? More than likely a promise made with Haruto or Shoko.
Old 2013-05-23, 14:28   Link #34
~BC~

I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that she's automatically safe. We don't know the circumstances of that particular time. It could very well be a future that needs to be avoided. Ergo she can still die. Not that I want her to but I don't put it past the writers to try and lull people into a false sense of security.
Old 2013-05-23, 14:56   Link #35
mayumi

I am personally loving the fact that she seems important enough to continue second season as well. Not only that I like that she isn't completely ignored as a character because she is fourth lead in the story compared to the 3 mains. She is also not just some pairing bait.

Anyway, I like her character and she is mysterious and awesome.
Old 2013-05-23, 17:40   Link #36
7Th
Mixtape

VVV is pretty straightforward with its foreshadowing; I'm 100% sure the flashforward is the actual future of the story. And there is definitely no time-travel involved, don't be silly.
Old 2013-05-23, 22:47   Link #37
Irenesharda

Seeing her in the future, it looks like Saki has matured some in both looks and spirit. At least we know she'll live through the series. Who do some suppose was her loved one in the locket was?

She says it's been 200 years, so I'm guessing the person in the locket died 14 years after the start of this series.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-05-23, 23:01   Link #38
iCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Seeing her in the future, it looks like Saki has matured some in both looks and spirit. At least we know she'll live through the series. Who do some suppose was her loved one in the locket was?

She says it's been 200 years, so I'm guessing the person in the locket died 14 years after the start of this series.
The first year of the war was ep 1. Its been 200 years since she made the promise.
"A promise is a promise" I'ma take a wild guess and say its Haruto since he promised he would help her. And that is actually the only promise we know so far.
Old 2013-05-23, 23:22   Link #39
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCK View Post
The first year of the war was ep 1. Its been 200 years since she made the promise.
"A promise is a promise" I'ma take a wild guess and say its Haruto since he promised he would help her. And that is actually the only promise we know so far.
I don't think so, remember the year in the future was the 214th year and she said she made the promise 200 years ago, that would put it at 14 years after the start of the series.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-05-23, 23:32   Link #40
iCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
I don't think so, remember the year in the future was the 214th year and she said she made the promise 200 years ago, that would put it at 14 years after the start of the series.
Just looked at each episode, you're right :P
Closed Thread

Tags
characters