AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2012-06-05, 13:25   Link #621
tomtkp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakoo View Post
You should have written it in red and in big, meeh, I'm doing such an embarassing post for nothing? I'm going to bury myself.

Well whatever, I'm fine either way, a BT without him wouldn't be BT.
Ah, sorry my bad. I should have edit that post earlier.

Actually one translator of SAO sent me a PM at BT forums to clarify and explain about what really happened. It really was just my misunderstanding about the matter.
Old 2012-06-05, 18:32   Link #622
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light

One month to anime! Wait, how long was kirito unconcious in the sub?
Fallen3dge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-05, 20:07   Link #623
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakoo View Post
You should have written it in red and in big, meeh, I'm doing such an embarassing post for nothing? I'm going to bury myself.

Well whatever, I'm fine either way, a BT without him wouldn't be BT.
To quote Seitsuki on Mahouka:

Quote:
One of these days I really will go inactive. Just.. wait. Then you'll be sorry. >_> (...) oh me.
Don't expect me to translate for much further. I got one translator for Baka Test and another for Unicorn now, so I'll become more of an editor until my projects here are complete. For SAO, I'll drop the series after 10, hoping that someone else will take up the series when the anime airs (I don't want to put too much pressure on BeginnerXP since it'll be all him once I drop out, but the problem is that an exceedingly large fanbase will be reliant on one person. Most of our translators are 'casual', like 5 pages of translations a day, and he is no exception. If volume 11 is like 445 pages like volume 8, it'll be very taxing on him with you guys demanding more translations, so yeah, just pray that someone else will help out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtkp View Post
Ah, sorry my bad. I should have edit that post earlier.

Actually one translator of SAO sent me a PM at BT forums to clarify and explain about what really happened. It really was just my misunderstanding about the matter.
To clarify the situation, the death threats were real, but I was planning to troll the fanbase before that. I told BeginnerXP and Pryun to slow their releases on SAO v9 during my supposed one week break from 21st May and on, and during my one week break, I was working on volume 8 while BeginnerXP was to drop out of the project (he only went on a 'hiatus'), and then Murder Case was supposed to be uploaded later on before he released the second part (he was already done by that point). Thanks to the death threats, I had a reason to do a rage-quit (so it's kinda like enforced acting). Kinda funny to realize that nobody realized that they were trolled in the first place.

I'm already done with part 3, btw, but it's on google docs, which I can't access at work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen3dge View Post
One month to anime! Wait, how long was kirito unconcious in the sub?
Like pretty much the entire arc.
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-05, 23:28   Link #624
dorekidos

Quote:
I personally agree with them because web version Chapter 5 actually involved a 2-year timeskip from the end of Volume 9.
can i ask the 2-year timeskip happens in real world or virtual world?
dorekidos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-06, 00:06   Link #625
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorekidos View Post
can i ask the 2-year timeskip happens in real world or virtual world?
Two years in the virtual world.
Old 2012-06-06, 09:08   Link #626
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light

How much STL units
Spoiler:
Old 2012-06-06, 09:44   Link #627
tomtkp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen3dge View Post
How much STL units
Spoiler:
Do you mean:

Spoiler for STL:
Old 2012-06-06, 09:48   Link #628
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light

Quote:
Do you mean:

Spoiler for STL:
yeah 10 chara
Old 2012-06-06, 09:58   Link #629
tomtkp

Hint 1:

Spoiler for Volume 9 Chapter 1 Part 2:

Hint 2:

Spoiler for AW/SAO crossover "Versus":

I think you can pretty much guess the right answer from this 2 hints.
It's approximately:
Spoiler for STL:
Old 2012-06-06, 10:16   Link #630
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light

Quote:
Hint 1:

Spoiler for Volume 9 Chapter 1 Part 2:

Hint 2:

Spoiler for AW/SAO crossover "Versus":

I think you can pretty much guess the right answer from this 2 hints.
It's approximately:
Spoiler for STL:
Spoiler:
Old 2012-06-06, 21:23   Link #631
CNine
Inactive Member

so how much years has been passed at the end of Alicization[UW, kanon not included]?
CNine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 21:36   Link #632
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNine View Post
so how much years has been passed at the end of Alicization[UW, kanon not included]?
Not actually years but days. (I don't know if Kirigaya Kazuto-san would be happy about skipping school for 4 years...)

From MAL:

Quote:
I hate it when people start translating something and they do not finish it
Quote:
Sometimes the translators are just unable to continue,but I wish they would at least finish the volumes they were doing,because if he doesnt someone else will continue his work but reading a volume translated by 2 different people is a bit confusing since they use different words and names.
For this case, I got BeginnerXP to work on the first part of volume 9 while I was busy with other projects to let him have a headstart. We agreed to use the same terms here, but some of the terms are named differently if you compare Eugeo's POV in Prologue I to Kirito's POV in Chapter 1. This is to reflect how Eugeo, as a 'native' to the game, viewed things differently from Kirito, an 'outsider' to the world. Also, we got the same editor to work on the volume (Pryun and chloe), and Beginner and I crosschecked with each other to make sure the terms were correct. As I said before, Beginner had already finished part 6 of chapter 1, and the onus right now is on me to finish part 5 before we upload them today.
Old 2012-06-07, 23:39   Link #633
CNine
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
Not actually years but days. (I don't know if Kirigaya Kazuto-san would be happy about skipping school for 4 years...)
so he spent 4 years in UW. he must be gained enough wisdom to surpass Asuna
CNine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-08, 08:34   Link #634
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

This is the first time I see Kirito being weak. Weak in this case means he's not the strongest who curbstomp others like the previous arcs. In SAO there is Hearthcliff who's stronger, Yuki is stronger than him in one-handed sword in ALO, he has trouble with other MMOs that don't use swords as their main weapon like in GGO. But this is the first time I see him not being too haxed. It reminds me of how he started in SAO, but this time it's too close to reality.

How strong is he at the end of vol. 9 btw? Kirito in the previous arcs were unrivaled, so strong that #2 will be crushed in seconds. And what's the deal with Alice?
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-08, 08:55   Link #635
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNine View Post
so he spent 4 years in UW. he must be gained enough wisdom to surpass Asuna
I don't think they cover Japanese school material or mechatronics for Kirito in UW
Old 2012-06-08, 10:16   Link #636
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Dragon Quest X: Alicization is done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
This is the first time I see Kirito being weak. Weak in this case means he's not the strongest who curbstomp others like the previous arcs. In SAO there is Hearthcliff who's stronger, Yuki is stronger than him in one-handed sword in ALO, he has trouble with other MMOs that don't use swords as their main weapon like in GGO. But this is the first time I see him not being too haxed. It reminds me of how he started in SAO, but this time it's too close to reality.

How strong is he at the end of vol. 9 btw? Kirito in the previous arcs were unrivaled, so strong that #2 will be crushed in seconds. And what's the deal with Alice?
Not very strong, equal with Eugeo about now. What Kirito had in skill, Eugeo had in strength and amazing learning ability. It's a JRPG now, not an MMORPG.
Old 2012-06-08, 10:40   Link #637
oppaiSam@
Oppai Maniac

yeah i felt strange too because he's not the usual Kirito that is strong and somehow like unbeatable. I just visited SAO on BT then i saw that V9 is now complete. btw thanks for those who translate it. d^.^d
Old 2012-06-08, 11:21   Link #638
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light

He starts out from scratch again. But he has skills that are waaay beyond level. Its like stats lv 1 but skills available at lv 50
Old 2012-06-08, 11:48   Link #639
tomtkp

^Yeah, Kirito has skills. He's pretty smart as well but the lack of physical strength always hinders him during battles.

And I would like to congratulate on the complete translation of Volume 9. Now all available volumes has been fully translated one month before the release of Volume 10. Kudos to the translators and editors as always.
Old 2012-06-08, 13:31   Link #640
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Damn! I wish he would become unrivaled again! Even Yuki wouldn't last 10 seconds against Kirito dual wielding. I think Kirito should be able to take on the whole Yuki's team along with Asuna if he used that skill since it's pretty cheat.

Read ch 5 and I want to cry. Kirito trained so hard but his friend can use the technique easily. He's too fast learning. WTF!? SAO from vol. 9 on isn't the same SAO I've been reading.

Last edited by Kleeyook; 2012-06-08 at 13:50.
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, harem, kirito, non-harem, possible harem, romance, shounen, tragedy, virtual reality