AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Full Metal Panic

Notices

Old 2012-02-09, 13:07   Link #1721
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cenit View Post
Just out of curiosity are you aware of the content from the light novels?
By that do you mean have I read the novels? If so then not the early ones (I have them but since I've seen FMP and FMP TSR, they're kind of on the back burner ), but I'm currently reading the later ones, while trying to balance that with reading FMP Another (and thus spoiling myself a little ), along with watching a whole bunch of other animes I've procrastinated watching, as well as the usual RL stuff, so yeah it's slow going. (though I spoiled myself a bit with spoilers from the novel thread )
Old 2012-02-09, 22:43   Link #1722
FeistyDreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Well to be honest I didn't realize the chapter composing volume 13, 14, and the first part of 15 were only published in Dragon Age when the novels were still ongoing.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
But the content of volume 16 came after the novels were finished, so they actually were still taking their time with side story material after the novels were finished.
Feisty will soooooo kill you for that.
Yes, the contents of v.16 were published after ZSBM was released, buuut, as you mentioned, a lot of what's in v.15 was published before. Since it's all the DVMC story, they couldn't very well stop in the middle of that storyline.

And *cough* yes, rage at calling DVMC a "side story." It's NOT a side story. Q_Q It's a MAIN story, book 6. It just got put in the wrong part in Sigma. It's supposed to come immediately after EDBD (the events in TSR). That's why it's so long as to need 2 volumes to complete it. Absolutely nothing in Sigma is original to the manga. Everything within it has been done in the novels. Well, I should say, every STORY is in the novels. There are plenty of changes to things that are original to the manga and not in the novels, but that's another matter.

Now, do I think they should have done as much side story material before it as they did? Not necessarily, especially not "Engage Six and Seven" and "Cat and Kitten's R+R," considering those ones at least have anime adaptations. I DO like that they did "Ontei wa Kanashiku, Shatei wa Tooku." There are other short stories though that I would have liked to see in place of the first two there, though.

When they started doing the flashbacks, I kept saying, if they didn't do DVMC now, considering they skipped it earlier, I was gonna be pissed. Sigma had lost huge points with me for skipping it when it was supposed to happen. It's one of the absolute best main storylines in all of FMP. I haven't heard of anyone that's read all the novels to say that it didn't rank way up there, if not taking the #1 slot. There's also a lot of good info in it that would have made certain things later on make sense more easily.

*ahem* Anyways... In short, the Christmas storyline is NOT a side story, please don't call it as such, it makes me sad. And don't hate on it just 'cause it didn't get put in the right place timeline-wise in the manga. It's an amazing story with lots of character development, and lots of good information about the FMP-verse, and it's got probably the best blend of comedy, action, and drama of any of the main stories, and it's pretty, and it's amazing, and I love it, and it's the best, and, and, and.... Yeah. XD <3 DVMC
Old 2012-02-09, 23:47   Link #1723
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
AH. Then that's my bad. But having not read all the novels yet, you can't totally blame me for that misunderstanding when you consider the placement of that particular arc in the manga.

Well, I knew that the backstory on how team Mao came together wasn't manga/anime original, and I'd heard about the Kurtz backstory being novel material, but the timing of the whole cruise ship fiasco in the manga publishing just seemed to scream "filler."
Old 2012-02-10, 12:23   Link #1724
Cenit
Linkinball Z

Send a message via ICQ to Cenit Send a message via AIM to Cenit Send a message via MSN to Cenit
Yep DVMC is awesome. Couldn't have said it any better. Definitly among my Top3 fav FMP Novels (the others being 7 COMO and 8 BOMF). And the drawings on it in the Manga are just gorgeous :3
Cenit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-21, 05:07   Link #1725
Subzero00

I havent been here for a while is there any new news on another fmp season
Subzero00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-21, 06:54   Link #1726
pwnagemaster
He who pwns all nubz

@subzero00 Gatoh then added that among the projects he cannot talk about yet for 2013 or later, there are some works that he feels are "anticipated…."

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...icipated-works

That's all I know of.
pwnagemaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-28, 21:26   Link #1727
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
A new poll shows the popularity of another season after TSR.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-28, 21:46   Link #1728
pwnagemaster
He who pwns all nubz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu Ominae View Post
Hopefully that's enough to convince Kyoani that another FMP season is profitable ~desu. Unfortunately, it would also mean that tMoHS and k-on are more profitable ~desu.

On some side notes:

I think Sora no Otoshimono should have been in the second list ~desu. I know for a fact the anime hasn't finished the storyline ~desu. Maybe they're going to with the 3rd season ~desu. and

I was surprised that Rozen Maiden was on there ~desu. Actually, I mostly pointed this out just so I could add ~desu to things ~desu.
pwnagemaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-28, 22:17   Link #1729
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

And yet....there still was not enough "desu" ~desu.

I'm sure they know there is a FMP fanbase still. The creator works with KyoAni a lot, so they hve to know.
Old 2012-03-23, 08:17   Link #1730
Subzero00

any new news?
Old 2012-03-23, 08:54   Link #1731
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subzero00 View Post
any new news?
I'm sorry to say that no, there aren't any news.
Old 2012-04-11, 05:47   Link #1732
smurfinaus
Go go go go Freedom!!!

Send a message via MSN to smurfinaus Send a message via Yahoo to smurfinaus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu Ominae View Post
Quite a variation on some series - ie Toradora (one of my favs personally). Angel Beats i think many do want a second season...It feels like its been years since FMP anime been out .
smurfinaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 06:27   Link #1733
Skane
Anime Snark

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurfinaus View Post
Quite a variation on some series - ie Toradora (one of my favs personally). Angel Beats i think many do want a second season...It feels like its been years since FMP anime been out .
The last FMP!-anime was on May 26, 2006. So yes. It is been years since.

Unfortunately, until people can convince the folks in charge that it will be profitable, I can't really blame them for not wanting to make more.

Sigh.
Old 2012-04-12, 01:46   Link #1734
smurfinaus
Go go go go Freedom!!!

Send a message via MSN to smurfinaus Send a message via Yahoo to smurfinaus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
The last FMP!-anime was on May 26, 2006. So yes. It is been years since.

Unfortunately, until people can convince the folks in charge that it will be profitable, I can't really blame them for not wanting to make more.

Sigh.

Well, the question is, how did the previous series actually perform??
smurfinaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 03:17   Link #1735
larethian

I have no idea how the anime performed, but the LN was the top selling title of Fujimi, and still is (with respect to Another).
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 22:19   Link #1736
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
God, nothing is new... the LN is said to be selling but why doesn't any company want to do the franchising, argh!!!
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-18, 07:03   Link #1737
Subzero00

do you guys think they will ever finish the series off. also what was this http://theakiba.com/rumor-full-metal...season-coming/
Old 2012-04-18, 10:19   Link #1738
Cenit
Linkinball Z

Send a message via ICQ to Cenit Send a message via AIM to Cenit Send a message via MSN to Cenit
That was the announcement for Full Metal Panic! Another.
Cenit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-18, 11:51   Link #1739
LeoXiao
思想工作

Frankly FMP: Another looks retarded. Just write more "Side Arms" stories.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-21, 04:43   Link #1740
Subzero00

Quote:
That was the announcement for Full Metal Panic! Another.
if the creator is willing to make new sidde stories isn't that a good side for the main story (anime. i mean intrest is still there

Tags
there is a god!