Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-01-21, 04:34   Link #21
Eclipze

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness
Sometimes filler exist for the soul purpose of giving you more character interaction without having to progress the overall plot...Think about how many characters BLEACH has...Is it really that bad to cut half of them out right now and put more focus on the main cast? A filler arc can serve the purpose of giving characters more depth, something that is ridiculously missing in the Soul Society arc were there are far too many characters given screentime (for development that is, the little 2 minute side-stories of each character isn't enuff)...Hopefully these new eps will serve the purpose I'm getting at...
Thats true. But I guess people are more concerned about the story of these "fillers" rather than character development.

Naruto's fillers for example, was mostly focusing on char development. Just that the story wasn't....good enough. Also, people feel that these char developments in the fillers cant be taken as canon(I guess that means official) information.

Bleach seems to be on the char development path though, with episode 64 having more involvement with Ishida, Chado and Inoue.
Old 2006-01-21, 04:39   Link #22
Ellaer

Personally I wouldn't mind filler arcs IF they still have the ambience of the manga. I hate it when they deviate so far out that it's almost as though they're undermining the canon universe.

Filler arcs, if done well, gives Bleach fans an added bonus when watching the anime. As a manga reader, anything new added to the anime without spoiling the story is like having an extra christmas gift =D.
Old 2006-01-21, 08:39   Link #23
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahamut89
Meh, I can usually tell if something is a filler arc or not based on the character designs for the arc characters. It's pointless to assert this in hindsight, but I believe that the new characters for this arc are sufficiently different that I would think this was filler, even if I hadn't read the manga. In this case, costume design mostly.

Not that fillers are always bad, but they usually stick out.
Costume design? I didn't see any difference in their clothing from, say, the "Prologue" arc.
Quote:
Like Bahamut89 I can tell when a anime shifts from episodes or the atmosphere of the series changes (which is an indication of filler)..The difference is it doesn't matter to me as long as it's good...Sometimes filler exist for the soul purpose of giving you more character interaction without having to progress the overall plot...Think about how many characters BLEACH has...Is it really that bad to cut half of them out right now and put more focus on the main cast? A filler arc can serve the purpose of giving characters more depth, something that is ridiculously missing in the Soul Society arc were there are far too many characters given screentime (for development that is, the little 2 minute side-stories of each character isn't enuff)...Hopefully these new eps will serve the purpose I'm getting at...
Please, tell us how the atmosphere is supposed to feel like when the characters are back on Earth if it can be the same as the last arc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellaer
Personally I wouldn't mind filler arcs IF they still have the ambience of the manga. I hate it when they deviate so far out that it's almost as though they're undermining the canon universe.
I have no idea how a show like this would even lose it's normal "ambience". I haven't watched the Naruto "filler" arc, but I do recall that the Garlic Jr arc in DBZ was a filler(or so I heard) and it seemed pretty normal to me. And I don't see how arcs like this aren't canon.

Take it from me, a non-manga reader. This arc is about as normal as Bleach gets.
Old 2006-01-21, 12:33   Link #24
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
as for now there isn't anything missing that would make manga's continuation imposible if filler's character won't turn into normal souls at the end or something than they still can be shown like too weak to help than
Old 2006-01-21, 18:15   Link #25
Uruz7

ANOTHER 1-hr special coming soon:

Spoiler for episode titles:

Possibly the end of the filler arc?

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2006-01-23 at 01:44.
Old 2006-01-23, 01:42   Link #26
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uruz7
ANOTHER 1-hr special coming soon:

Possibly the end of the filler arc?
Even if that is the end of this particular story arc, I doubt that it is the end of the filler. That isn't likely to be enough episodes to give the manga enough of a head start. Besides, I suspect from manga information that we need more filler. Kubo Tito really did a great job of setting up the filler. It is more as if this "filler" was excised from the manga, than added to the anime. When reading the manga it really felt as if something was left out. Manga readers can see the shape of that hole.

Here's my evidence if you don't mind a very little bit of manga spoiling. (It's quite minor.)

Spoiler for manga at end of spoiler arc:

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-01-23, 02:48   Link #27
FullMetalKid

The filler ep so far is actually good. Compared to most this is watchable and has at least a 60 to 70 percent of not turning for the worse.
Old 2006-01-23, 03:00   Link #28
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!

the only way I can tell its a filler is if half the new eps are off *L*
Bleach seems to have better quilty controll anyway *L* I dont mind fillers but meh they rarely are better than main arc eps.....
Old 2006-01-23, 05:51   Link #29
wuabbs
addictive stuff

Send a message via MSN to wuabbs
I enjoy every episode and just take it as if its BLEACH. Not

BLEACH ARC 1
BLEACH ARC 2
BLEACH FILLER

And afterwards compare them saying Bleach has no quality control :x ?

Bleach is Bleach for me.

( I bet that made no sense : / )
Old 2006-01-23, 14:52   Link #30
Nakigoe
Custom User Title? OK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuabbs
I enjoy every episode and just take it as if its BLEACH.
amen, brother!
Old 2006-01-23, 18:45   Link #31
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!

true Bleachs rewites the filler rule :P
at least the one were all fillers are bad :P
Old 2006-01-23, 22:21   Link #32
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZippyDSM
true Bleachs rewites the filler rule :P
at least the one were all fillers are bad :P
You've only seen a single episode so far. That is hardly good enough to prove that the original story is going to be good. At least wait until we find out what the plot is before you say this. It might be the lamest thing you've ever seen in your life.

I'm hopeful that it is good, but let's not throw our hats into the air yet.

Edit: This is an original story arc, so lets not use that insulting word. At least let's not use the f-word unless it seems to be worth insulting.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2006-01-23 at 22:50.
Old 2006-01-23, 22:40   Link #33
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

How bout we begin by not saying the word filler...

Lets see how long we can go using more creative or mundane terms...
Old 2006-01-23, 22:49   Link #34
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:

How about calling it an "original story" Original does sound much better, doesn't it?

We're now in an original story arc!!

PS. I like this idea enough that I'll go back and edit my last post. I'm going to stop throwing around the f-word unless it turns out to be garbage.

Old 2006-01-23, 22:58   Link #35
Orchunter226
Is rather bored...

I'm kind of looking forward to a filler. It seems to have a story line coming on. I will like to see how this developes.

Not all fillers are bad. Sometimes you come accross those Diamonds in the rough.
Old 2006-01-23, 23:09   Link #36
Eclipze

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
How about calling it an "original story" Original does sound much better, doesn't it?

We're now in an original story arc!!

PS. I like this idea enough that I'll go back and edit my last post. I'm going to stop throwing around the f-word unless it turns out to be garbage.
How about editing the thread title as well?
Old 2006-01-24, 01:36   Link #37
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Goal for today: Make wingdarkness happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipze
How about editing the thread title as well?
I think your suggestion should make today's goal a cinch. And maybe it will help dispell some of the bad publicity around the f-word. Of course, if this original story sucks, I'm switching back to the f-word in a hurry.

Old 2006-01-24, 04:10   Link #38
Eclipze

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
I think your suggestion should make today's goal a cinch. And maybe it will help dispell some of the bad publicity around the f-word. Of course, if this original story sucks, I'm switching back to the f-word in a hurry.
Rofl. You make the f-word sound much worst than it actually is.
Old 2006-01-24, 04:20   Link #39
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipze
Rofl. You make the f-word sound much worst than it actually is.
Blame wingdarkness. It is his pet peeve, not mine. I'm just having fun with his crusade.

Old 2006-01-24, 07:46   Link #40
Soluzar

Send a message via AIM to Soluzar Send a message via MSN to Soluzar Send a message via Yahoo to Soluzar
Quote:

You mean euphemisms.
Closed Thread