Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2007-09-06, 05:34   Link #1141
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Unhappy code geass will continue in 2008

This is one of the most biggest dissapointment after 24 & 25 anti-climax ending.

CODE GEASS WILL CONTINUE

*funeral Trumpet Salute Plays*

*i'm so bored and i don't know what kind of anime to watch this fall*

could you just send me a few PM about What kind of anime will be aired this fall season? my thought- gundam 00.
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-07, 00:18   Link #1142
WhiteWings

I am torn between annoyed disappointment for having to wait several months and cautious optimism that since the producers and directors are taking their time maybe the series would be not bad.
Old 2007-09-27, 07:20   Link #1143
cf18
Mecha Pilot

http://www.anime-kobe.jp/anime-kobe/

At 12th Animation Kobe, Code Geass has won the award for TV anime.
cf18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-28, 02:36   Link #1144
Blue_Mercy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cf18 View Post
http://www.anime-kobe.jp/anime-kobe/

At 12th Animation Kobe, Code Geass has won the award for TV anime.

Already winning awards and it isn't even over yet.
Blue_Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-01, 02:45   Link #1145
Deathwing
what do i know

great anime wins awards ... but not good enough for a fall season
Deathwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-02, 16:16   Link #1146
Destinyblade

For those of you who were displeased with Code Geass airing on late night in Japan, you'll be a little happy to hear this. MBS will be airing a rerun of the first season of Code Geass on Saturdays at 17:30 (5:30pm). That's right before the Gundam 00 timeslot. On the other hand, though, the other stations (like TBS) won't be airing Geass at that same time (actually, Geass won't get a rerun on any of the other stations in Japan from the looks of it).

This reminds me of Ookiku (which Code Geass is replacing on MBS), where it got that late afternoon timeslot on that station, yet it aired late night on TBS and the other stations across Japan.
Destinyblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-20, 00:28   Link #1147
Cal-Reflector

On Pilots and Mechas

Couldn't get a new thread for this, so I guess I'll post it here:

Favoritism and Laws of Mecha Anime aside (XI. High schoolers with no experience can learn how to pilot as easily as they learn the controls on a Gameboy), the question arose of how the pilots in the show stacked up against each other. Before one can compare pilots however one has to consider their knightmare frames as well.

So, using the ubiquitous Sutherland as standard benchmark, 1.0, and inferring from the scenes in the anime what official data we're given, I would roughly rank the mechas in the show by power as follows:

Glasgow (0.75) < Burai (0.85) < Sutherland (1.0) < Burai-Kai (1.2) = Gloucester (1.2) < Lancelot (2.0) = Gurren II (2.0)

Summary: Up until the Gloucester, all the KMFs are based on the glasgow, with reasonable incremental improvements. The Lancelot and Gurren present a generation leap in power.

Now for the pilots: Due to the inherent futility in trying to make such estimations empirical, I'm going to suggest that there are three broad skill categories of pilots which the characters fall into: Crap, Good, and Very Good. Jeremiah in human form will serve as the benchmark at 1.0.

Lulu: 0.5.
Avg OBK Pilot: 0.5
Avg Japanese Liberation Front Pilot: 0.6
Avg Brittanian Pilot: 0.7
All good pilots who have names, including Kallen and Suzaku and Guildford and Toudou and Jeremiah: 1.0
Cornelia: 1.5

Theory: Multiply the Mecha coefficient by the Pilot coefficient to get a rough idea of 'strength,' greater number wins. If this scheme is valid, it should conform with the outcomes of the battles we see in the show.

Test: We can't know exactly how good Suzaku is as a pilot because the only KMF he has ever piloted is the super mecha Lancelot. But we do see him draw against Kallen in the other super mecha. (1 x 2) = (1 x 2).

Further, when Kallen piloted a Glasgow against Jeremiah in episode 1, she was getting her butt kicked by an observable margin: Kallen/Glasgow (1 x 0.75) < Jeremiah/Sutherland (1 x 1).

Later, Kallen pilots the Gurren and kicks Jeremiah's butt by a very large margin. (1 x 2) > (1 x 1).

Tentative Conclusion: The skills of the big umbrella category of 'Good Pilots with Names' may vary, but are close enough that the machine they pilot will determine the outcome. Moreover, the difference in the product of the coefficients is reflected in how badly one side kicks the others ass.

Other comparisons: Toudou v.s. Guilford (1 x 1.2) = (1 x 1.2)
Toudou's subordinates v.s. Villeta (1 x 1.2) > (1 x 1.0)
*Cornelia v.s. Lulu (1.5 x 1.2) > (0.5 x 2.0)

Explanation of Assumptions:
Gathered from personal impression of the show and 'common sense'
1. Lulu as the worst pilot: He's not a good pilot, that's for sure.
2. The 'Average' pilots of the three factions: The Black Knights are your baseline rabble; take away the influence of all commanders/named pilots, OBK < Japanese Liberation Front (soldiers with real training) < Brittania is reasonable.
3. Cornelia as the strongest pilot: Reputation and visibility in the show as being extraordinarily skilled, even above the likes of Gulidford, who is shown to be Toudou's equal. Defeating Lulu despite his using the Gawain (not such a strong argument). Initial near-parity against Kallen in the Gurren II whereas Jeremiah and Kewell were easily defeated (stronger argument). From all that I gather she's significantly stronger that those in the umbrella category of 'named pilots.'

Projected Conclusions:
1. If Kallen and Suzaku, your teen aces, rode standard Sutherlands, they would lay waste to your average enemies, but the outcome against other named pilots, such as Kewell, Villeta, Toudou, etc, would be debatable; it reasons that by piloting skills alone, and taking their amateur background into consideration (common sense), Suzaku/Kallen do not necessarily > Kewell/Villeta/Jeremiah/etc/etc.
2. Cornelia would beat Lulu even if she rode a Glasgow and he rode the Lancelot (1.5 x 0.75) > (0.5 x 2.0), but not by much.
3. If you thought Suzaku in the Lancelot was hax, imagine Cornelia in a Lancelot.

Please feel free to point out failures to this scheme, unreasonable assumptions, assumptions I failed to mention, etc. One thing I did not consider due to complexity is emotional state of the pilot.

Last edited by Cal-Reflector; 2007-11-20 at 00:52.
Cal-Reflector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-20, 01:01   Link #1148
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal-Reflector View Post
Other comparisons: Toudou v.s. Guilford (1 x 1.2) = (1 x 1.2)
Toudou's subordinates v.s. Villeta (1 x 1.2) > (1 x 1.0)
*Cornelia v.s. Lulu (1.5 x 1.2) > (0.5 x 2.0)
I'd just point out that when Lelouch is riding the Gawain, It would perhaps be prudent to average his piloting skills with CC's. (I'd assume she'd be a 1.0, moving them to a .75) makes note of the addition of 'talent' and tests like Gawain v. Cornelia will still hold.

would also be an odd way of accounting for how CC and Lelouch in Gawain couldn't beat Jeremiah in Siegfried, but CC alone did.
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-20, 01:29   Link #1149
Cal-Reflector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
I'd just point out that when Lelouch is riding the Gawain, It would perhaps be prudent to average his piloting skills with CC's. (I'd assume she'd be a 1.0, moving them to a .75) makes note of the addition of 'talent' and tests like Gawain v. Cornelia will still hold.

would also be an odd way of accounting for how CC and Lelouch in Gawain couldn't beat Jeremiah in Siegfried, but CC alone did.
Yeah, it's a rough theory. At best I think it will account for many outcomes which have at least a good amount of bases for comparison, but it can't account for all outcomes, especially those that have zero basis for comparison.

I believe it'd serve as a good aide for discussion for any mecha fandom though.
Old 2007-11-20, 03:36   Link #1150
Pepperidge
Dissatisfied Canadian

Send a message via AIM to Pepperidge Send a message via MSN to Pepperidge
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destinyblade View Post
For those of you who were displeased with Code Geass airing on late night in Japan, you'll be a little happy to hear this. MBS will be airing a rerun of the first season of Code Geass on Saturdays at 17:30 (5:30pm). That's right before the Gundam 00 timeslot. On the other hand, though, the other stations (like TBS) won't be airing Geass at that same time (actually, Geass won't get a rerun on any of the other stations in Japan from the looks of it).

This reminds me of Ookiku (which Code Geass is replacing on MBS), where it got that late afternoon timeslot on that station, yet it aired late night on TBS and the other stations across Japan.
I posted this question elsewhere but I'll ask again: is there even the slightest chance that anyone has been able to catch the Geass repeat on MBS in Japan? I'm very curious as to whether or not the show is running uncut in its new timeslot, or in widescreen.
Pepperidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-20, 11:10   Link #1151
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepperidge View Post
I posted this question elsewhere but I'll ask again: is there even the slightest chance that anyone has been able to catch the Geass repeat on MBS in Japan? I'm very curious as to whether or not the show is running uncut in its new timeslot, or in widescreen.
apparently it is running in high def and widescreen, just like Gundam 00 (apparently geass had been animated for hi def but got scaled down for its initial run...or something)

can't tell you if it's uncut or not though.
Old 2007-11-21, 06:56   Link #1152
Leon_Lelouch
ミシャだけ

Well.... Even though Lelouch will get beaten by Cornelia, a leader like himself doesnt need to be capable piloting KMF.....
But I wonder..... If Lelouch is smart then.... when he's with Euphie on a deserted island, why he didnt take fish as food.......
Leon_Lelouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-21, 10:46   Link #1153
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon_Lelouch View Post
Well.... Even though Lelouch will get beaten by Cornelia, a leader like himself doesnt need to be capable piloting KMF.....
But I wonder..... If Lelouch is smart then.... when he's with Euphie on a deserted island, why he didnt take fish as food.......
Lelouch Lamperouge: has trouble running up stairs, couldn't punch a guy still recovering from multiple gunshot wounds, tried digging a hole with a stick and failed.
Old 2007-11-23, 01:29   Link #1154
Black_Magic
Black_Magic

I just realized the Code in "Code Geass" may represent Suzaku and his morale code of how the world should be run and then the Geass represents Lelouch and his unnatural existence which like the the geass which controls and corrupts the minds of others, is controlling and corrupted. If you also think about it on the show the title Code Geass has a the geass symbol in the middle of it the V looking thing which could be though of as a Vs. ie Code Vs Geass=Order Vs Corruption=Suzaku Vs Lelouch. Well thats just my rant i am probably way off but just thought i would put it out there. ps Lelouch is my God and C.C my Goddess
Black_Magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-23, 02:01   Link #1155
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Magic View Post
I just realized the Code in "Code Geass" may represent Suzaku and his morale code of how the world should be run and then the Geass represents Lelouch and his unnatural existence which like the the geass which controls and corrupts the minds of others, is controlling and corrupted. If you also think about it on the show the title Code Geass has a the geass symbol in the middle of it the V looking thing which could be though of as a Vs. ie Code Vs Geass=Order Vs Corruption=Suzaku Vs Lelouch. Well thats just my rant i am probably way off but just thought i would put it out there. ps Lelouch is my God and C.C my Goddess
no, I think then it would have been "Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion and Suzaku of the Counterattack" instead of just CG:LotR. also, remember that Code Geass is indeed an english title for a japanese-language creation (vs., say, the subtitle which is actually 反逆のルルーシュ), so taking the words as anything other than general terms with their basic meanings is often dangerous. after all, the target audience isn't going to necessarily know what their secondary connotations are, and the creators more often than not act within those boundaries.

Code was likely included just to sound cool (unless it's actually a survivor of the original geass pitch, in which case it would likely be a simple reference to the military nature of the planned series) closest thing you'll find of it in the show is CC/Clovis+Bartley's project being referred to as Code-R

I'd also bring up the thing about how looking at interviews and promotional items in magazines, it seems that the staff doesn't really see Suzaku as moral at all, but that's a whole other can of worms. >_<
Old 2007-12-11, 03:38   Link #1156
solomon

Ok so I actually looked at it, Im not finished it just yet (5 to go) but its good. I think its over hyped, but despite the total trainwreck I thought it could be, Taniguchi and his writers really show their stuff here, The story and characters are orchestrated very well, and the drama is done with panache. Not perfect, but well above normal action shows.

Plus, i'm one of the few people who liked Nakagawa's music from his work on scryed (probably the saxophones)
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-11, 12:41   Link #1157
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
I was very suprised that Code Geass will continue in 2008. The Answer is I was Right! Thank God that My code geass fever will continue next year.

IT's OFFICIAL..

SPRING 2008.

Remember That.. WASURENAIDE YO!!!
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-28, 12:16   Link #1158
CJL13
God of his own ego

Here's a nice little surprise.
CJL13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-28, 13:13   Link #1159
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
I'd also bring up the thing about how looking at interviews and promotional items in magazines, it seems that the staff doesn't really see Suzaku as moral at all, but that's a whole other can of worms. >_<
Really? That is very interesting and I wonder if that could be a clue as to where his character is going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
Ok so I actually looked at it, Im not finished it just yet (5 to go) but its good. I think its over hyped, but despite the total trainwreck I thought it could be, Taniguchi and his writers really show their stuff here, The story and characters are orchestrated very well, and the drama is done with panache. Not perfect, but well above normal action shows.

Plus, i'm one of the few people who liked Nakagawa's music from his work on scryed (probably the saxophones)
Pretty much any show that is popular is over hyped and this is no exception. Still, as you said, it is good. I suppose the only thing that would make me hate it would be if the ending was bad or very sad.

Nakagawa is an excellant composer. I've enjoyed all the music from s-CRY-ed, GunXSword, and Code Geass. I also like Sakai Mikio's work in s-CRY-ed and Code Geass.
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-28, 14:40   Link #1160
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJL13 View Post

Here's a nice little surprise.
No surprise there!

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote