AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-07-28, 10:52   Link #15501
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
Seems to me that the person doing that is not that well versed in english.
Old 2010-07-28, 11:03   Link #15502
Tachibana
タチバナ

Bloodliver, it makes lol each time i see it.

Last edited by Tachibana; 2010-07-28 at 12:47.
Tachibana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-28, 11:13   Link #15503
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
I really want to know who is putting 'Bloodliver' instead of 'Bloodriver' on that Wiki... it's driving me insane looking at it. -_- I just finished expanding the 'weakness' section for 'Vampires' and I'm sure I'll be lurking there, expanding more fields later on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrrDraxin View Post
Well this answers my question.
Old 2010-07-28, 12:36   Link #15504
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrrDraxin View Post
Either that or they are using the Hirigana 'r' for 'l' phonetic rule. If that is the reason, then I can understand why they are putting the 'l' there.

In case some don't know, it's a typical practice to replace an 'L' with an 'R' because of spelling issues. Japanese doesn't have an 'L' and to write it in Hirigana, they use 'R's. It usually happens in names, if I'm not mistaken. Say for instance, 'lime' would be spelled out in Hirigana as 'ra-i-mu' or something to that effect. That's the easiest way I can explain it...if someone else can do it better, by all means...:bows:

But seriously, if they lurk this forum, it's suppose to be 'Bloodriver' - that's the official English spelling of the name.
Old 2010-07-28, 13:44   Link #15505
Tachibana
タチバナ

Hmm, i thought we might see some spoilers by now :O
Old 2010-07-28, 14:00   Link #15506
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Be patient- even if we don't get spoilers, the chapter itself should be out (somehwere on the net) in four days

btw, I'm loving your avy

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-28, 14:06   Link #15507
Tachibana
タチバナ

why thx, im thinkin of changing my sig into Akasha

Well i havnt lost my patience yet, i still have plenty of things to do in the mean time

I figured we might see a spoiler or 2, since its about a week before we should start lookin out for the next chapter.

Oh and R+V Season II Vol 2 is available for grabs, ive already ordered my copy, if yall want to know then ask me

Last edited by Tachibana; 2010-07-28 at 14:25.
Tachibana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-28, 15:09   Link #15508
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Either that or they are using the Hirigana 'r' for 'l' phonetic rule. If that is the reason, then I can understand why they are putting the 'l' there.

In case some don't know, it's a typical practice to replace an 'L' with an 'R' because of spelling issues. Japanese doesn't have an 'L' and to write it in Hirigana, they use 'R's. It usually happens in names, if I'm not mistaken. Say for instance, 'lime' would be spelled out in Hirigana as 'ra-i-mu' or something to that effect. That's the easiest way I can explain it...if someone else can do it better, by all means...:bows:

But seriously, if they lurk this forum, it's suppose to be 'Bloodriver' - that's the official English spelling of the name.
Maybe it's just a troll
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-28, 20:14   Link #15509
Vampire6287

i hate to be a pest but there is the little problem of biology. if the power is transfused by blood then it should be hereditary because moka was linked to her mother in the womb. Therefor moka has Akasha's blood and all the power held within. it makes sense if it was something like a magical transfer because then it was explain why there are so few shinso and why Akuha went for Akasha with the intent to kill her. It might be something along the lines of 'the killer gains the power or it can be gifted to another'.
And what i meant about outer Moka being Akasha is ... skullduggery pleasant! There's a thing in that which imprints the user, making a sort of ghost of that person that knew everything from the time before. Since inner moka saw something so traumatic it would make sense that if it was possible Akasha would imprint herself on the rosario so the inner moka could heal her emotional wounds and then when they merged together moka would be as she was, not broken and emotionally scarred.
If moka is a split then who decided what traits went to which part? also there is the thing about outer moka looking and acting a lot like Akasha (her description anyway: "Akasha's problem is she's too kind" that sounds like outer moka to me.
Vampire6287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-28, 20:22   Link #15510
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Kepp in mind something about pregnacy- the blood of the mother NEVER makes any contact with the baby. I'm starting to see the power of the Shinso as being more like an accessory to DNA, and not actually part of the DNA. Which would explain why it can't be passed on, because the DNA from both parents is passed on

Old 2010-07-29, 00:43   Link #15511
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoko Takeo View Post
Spoiler for snip:
Well, I agree that it's possible that something like that might be the explanation on how the Shinso blood works ... though in the case of Akasha's battle with Akuha there is another possible reason why Akuha defeated Akasha ... simply said Akasha was holding back and hadn't released the full potential of her vampire abilities, because she knew that releasing her Shinso abilities is going to cause a reaction from Alucard.

Unfortunately we still don't know which option is going to be true, so I hope that chapter 33 will clarify this for us.

Hm ... on another thing that I started to wonder about is how far Tsukune's vampire transformation has progressed.

I mean if we look at the development's that Tsukune went through up to the current arc, generally Tsukune hadn't changed much, compared to the time when he just received vampire power's of his own ... of course he had gotten more used to his supernatural abilities and can use his vampire abilities more effectively, but there hadn't been any noticeable progress on the state that Tsukune is in, since he's still at risk of degenerating into a Ghoul and can't keep his sanity if he removes his Holy Lock.

Simply said despite Tsukune's progress in using his vampire abilities and having better control over them, I started thinking that Tsukune's transformation hadn't progressed that much from the time, he started having vampire power's of his own, becuase there hadn't been:

- any progress in Tsukune's current condition ... he is still at risk of degenerating into a Ghoul, like when Tsukune just acquired vampire power's of his own

- there hadn't been any change in Tsukune's physical appearance that could signify that some change is occurring in his condition (Tsukune becoming more vampiric and less human )

- there hadn't been any progress with the Holy Lock ... sure it has broken a few chains compared to the time Tsukune has started wearing it, and the seal has probably been weakened, but Tsukune still needs it to stay sane

- there hadn't been any change in the strength of Tsukune's youkai aura, sure he had gotten more used to his youkai energy and can control it to some extent and is able to use his youkai energy more effectively then before, but there hasn't been any real improvement in the amount of youkai energy that Tsukune could use ... Tsukune still can't use the full extent of his youkai energy and there hasn't been anything mentioned about the amount of youkai energy that Tsukune could keep under his control having some sort of change (Tsukune still can't use more youkai energy then, when he first acquired his youkai power's ... he had just got more efficient in using the amount of youkai energy that he has at his disposal)

Well, I might have too much expectations about Tsukune's vampire transformation and the developments that he has to go through, but I think that Tsukune is still at the early stages of his "change" and he hadn't progressed that much ... simply said he still has a lot of things that he has to go through, before he will obtain full control over his vampire abilities ...

So what is you're opinion about this ?
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-29, 01:41   Link #15512
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
Well, I agree that it's possible that something like that might be the explanation on how the Shinso blood works ... though in the case of Akasha's battle with Akuha there is another possible reason why Akuha defeated Akasha ... simply said Akasha was holding back and hadn't released the full potential of her vampire abilities, because she knew that releasing her Shinso abilities is going to cause a reaction from Alucard.

Unfortunately we still don't know which option is going to be true, so I hope that chapter 33 will clarify this for us.
Reason I think Akasha lost her power when she gave her blood to Moka is simply because you can only obtain Shinso powers by obtaining the blood of a Shinso Vampire. It's not something that can easily be imitated or replicated just by obtaining a small portion the way Tsukune did (and the reason it worked so quickly on Tsukune may also be due to the fact he was originally human rather than Vampire). That's why I believe how much Shinso power you have is proportional to the amount of Shinso blood you have. But I'm not saying Akasha held back. There's no telling how powerful a Shinso truly is yet. For all we know, if Moka could be classified as a B-class fighter, then it's quite likely Alucard was an S class. The difference between the two is like that of a dragon compared to a mouse. I'm not saying that is fact, but a possibility, so while Akasha did lose some of her power when she gave her blood to Moka and went down from, say, A class to B class, she still had plenty of power to cause Alucard to awaken. It could easily be a mix of both cases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
Hm ... on another thing that I started to wonder about is how far Tsukune's vampire transformation has progressed.

I mean if we look at the development's that Tsukune went through up to the current arc, generally Tsukune hadn't changed much, compared to the time when he just received vampire power's of his own ... of course he had gotten more used to his supernatural abilities and can use his vampire abilities more effectively, but there hadn't been any noticeable progress on the state that Tsukune is in, since he's still at risk of degenerating into a Ghoul and can't keep his sanity if he removes his Holy Lock.

Simply said despite Tsukune's progress in using his vampire abilities and having better control over them, I started thinking that Tsukune's transformation hadn't progressed that much from the time, he started having vampire power's of his own, becuase there hadn't been:

- any progress in Tsukune's current condition ... he is still at risk of degenerating into a Ghoul, like when Tsukune just acquired vampire power's of his own

- there hadn't been any change in Tsukune's physical appearance that could signify that some change is occurring in his condition (Tsukune becoming more vampiric and less human )

- there hadn't been any progress with the Holy Lock ... sure it has broken a few chains compared to the time Tsukune has started wearing it, and the seal has probably been weakened, but Tsukune still needs it to stay sane

- there hadn't been any change in the strength of Tsukune's youkai aura, sure he had gotten more used to his youkai energy and can control it to some extent and is able to use his youkai energy more effectively then before, but there hasn't been any real improvement in the amount of youkai energy that Tsukune could use ... Tsukune still can't use the full extent of his youkai energy and there hasn't been anything mentioned about the amount of youkai energy that Tsukune could keep under his control having some sort of change (Tsukune still can't use more youkai energy then, when he first acquired his youkai power's ... he had just got more efficient in using the amount of youkai energy that he has at his disposal)

Well, I might have too much expectations about Tsukune's vampire transformation and the developments that he has to go through, but I think that Tsukune is still at the early stages of his "change" and he hadn't progressed that much ... simply said he still has a lot of things that he has to go through, before he will obtain full control over his vampire abilities ...

So what is you're opinion about this ?
Tsukune has grown. He's learned to use his power more efficiently. Initially, without the lock, Tsukune would've broken down completely but now that some of the chains have broken, Tsukune still remains sane, which leads me to believe he's gained a lot more control over his powers since he'd first started wearing the lock. Also, he's learned to sense the Youki of other Ayashi and he's learned to fight a lot better thanks to Moka's training. He's improved a lot more than what you think.
Old 2010-07-29, 03:54   Link #15513
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

*yawns* edited a bit more on the R+V wiki - Issa's manga synopis and Vampire's appearance.

What else needs to be changed in there...
Old 2010-07-29, 04:01   Link #15514
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
*yawns* edited a bit more on the R+V wiki - Issa's manga synopis and Vampire's appearance.

What else needs to be changed in there...
His age says late 30's. Maybe set it to Unknown? Or do we know how old he is?
Old 2010-07-29, 07:41   Link #15515
Tachibana
タチバナ

We don't really know how old he is at this point, it has yet to be mentioned.
Old 2010-07-29, 11:06   Link #15516
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinso Tsukune View Post
We don't really know how old he is at this point, it has yet to be mentioned.
Right, so it should be changed to unknown like Akasha's entry imho
Old 2010-07-29, 11:09   Link #15517
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

I'll look over that in a bit. I dare say that Akasha is actually older than Issa... Wouldn't that be a hoot.

Just posted up a new story over at FF.NET - check it out!
Old 2010-07-29, 11:43   Link #15518
Tachibana
タチバナ

Sweet ima go read it xD
Old 2010-07-29, 14:16   Link #15519
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Hmm, a little OT but is it just me or will the R+V thread be the first thread in Animesuki to hit 1000 pages?
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-29, 15:44   Link #15520
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

eh, we still have a couple hundred and then some to go before then... the mods pay very little attention to the manga section outside of people linking to certain places (and the occassional spoiler, though we're the ones who mostly keep the spoilers under control)

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, monogamy, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsumoka romance, vampire