AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2009-11-17, 18:14   Link #19261
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
I've been taking glances at your stuff, but have yet to commit to reading Crisis from the beginning. I'll be perfectly honest with you and say that whether I do so or not will depend on your next chapter. If you're going for YuNaFa, then I'll hop on it, but if it's going to be solely NanoFate then I won't. Usually I don't like reading about that pairing, so I simply don't.
It is fairly... large. My ego wants to say epic, heh.

Also, I like keeping surprises, but if people have doubts about particular things like pairings, and want to PM me with their questions, go for it. I'll hand out hints to answer your fears.^^

I just responded to you in a PM, Raiser.

Edit to add: I also get the feeling that my story isn't getting more reviews on ff.net, is because I haven't stated up front exactly what kind of pairings I am going for. So particular shippers tend to ignore it, or read with hesitation. I actually think it's kinda sad, when I just wanna tell a story. =(

Edit 2.0: Because Satashi told me to page claim for PM secrets!

Last edited by Kaijo; 2009-11-17 at 18:38.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-17, 18:22   Link #19262
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Kaijo, PM me that hint too, if you don't mind.

Edit: Thanks...
Old 2009-11-17, 18:25   Link #19263
Kaijo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
Kaijo, PM me that hint too, if you don't mind.
Okay, sent it to ya! Hope it helps! =)
Old 2009-11-17, 18:37   Link #19264
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Satashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
Edit to add: I also get the feeling that my story isn't getting more reviews on ff.net, is because I haven't stated up front exactly what kind of pairings I am going for. So particular shippers tend to ignore it, or read with hesitation. I actually think it's kinda sad, when I just wanna tell a story. =(
Well if you put it under "romance" then I can understand why they wouldn't read without knowing the pairing. If you didn't, then pairing wouldn't matter.

PS: you forgot to page claim for PM secrets :3

Oh, and reviews don't mean much, other than hearing comments from readers. Look at your page views
Satashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-17, 18:42   Link #19265
Kaijo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satashi View Post
Well if you put it under "romance" then I can understand why they wouldn't read without knowing the pairing. If you didn't, then pairing wouldn't matter.
Crisis is filed under Adventure/Fantasy. I guess fear a little insecure due to 90% of fics having a pairing listing, heh. ^^;;

Quote:

Oh, and reviews don't mean much, other than hearing comments from readers. Look at your page views
Hmm, didn't notice they had that function. Of course, I don't know how to judge the numbers, since I don't have a basis for comparison, but I suppose it looks decent. Thanks for pointing that out.^^
Old 2009-11-17, 18:43   Link #19266
TheShinySword
Master of the Shiny Crack
*Author

Send a message via AIM to TheShinySword Send a message via MSN to TheShinySword
Quote:

But not the 1st ch page views which will always be highest (since you have to go to ch 1 to get to the rest of the chapters a lot of the time)
TheShinySword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-17, 18:47   Link #19267
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShinySword View Post
But not the 1st ch page views which will always be highest (since you have to go to ch 1 to get to the rest of the chapters a lot of the time)
Yeah, I generally look at the lowest number and go "that's about how many times my story was read"

As for a comparison, who needs them? You had that number of people read your stuff because you wrote it. Why waste time looking at other people's? Even if its only one person, shouldn't you be proud of that?
Old 2009-11-17, 19:01   Link #19268
Kaijo
Banned

Quote:
As for a comparison, who needs them? You had that number of people read your stuff because you wrote it. Why waste time looking at other people's? Even if its only one person, shouldn't you be proud of that?
You're right of course, I'm probably sounding too whiny, when I didn't mean to. At any rate, I do try to write for me and will finish the fics I start because I want to. I do also want others to enjoy them, too.
Old 2009-11-17, 19:07   Link #19269
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:
As Satashi pointed out the whole boobs thing apparently helps...
but since Syn's a bit dfc atm perhaps it's something else....

THE UTERUS
Hey, Syn has boobs! They're just very very very small!

And that's how I like 'um!

Quote:
That might not necessarily be it. I mean, yeah you got people who don't read fics because they don't like the pairing (generally I'm one of them), but there are some really odd people out there. One in particular comes to mind who doesn't like Yuunoha (which is fine), but they'll read my clearly marked Yuunoha stuff regardless and then come whining to me about how hurt they were. I mean seriously, I MARKED THE DAMN THING WHY DID YOU READ IT?

*Cough* This same person raised a stink about my still ambiguously paired Rise of the Daemon Kaiser fic, saying "You better make it NanoFate!". They also said that Nanoha would not be devastated at the news of Yuuno's death. And there goes the credability, right out the window.

You know, it's really just this one person who gives me the most grief. You know who you are.

On a related note, if anyone still cares (I do cuz I want more Yuunoha!), tomorrow night is the end of that bet, and I have gotten 0 flames for that fic. We'll all lose at this rate, but I believe it was Dezo that was off by the most.

Quote:
I only learned recently if you click the >> next to the title it'll take you to the newest chapter.
Old 2009-11-17, 19:36   Link #19270
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Quote:
Hey, Syn has boobs! They're just very very very small!

And that's how I like 'um!
Spoiler for NSFW:

BTW, Syn's AA-cup chest size is a twist I did on her. I think Keroko has her at a B-cup or so?

Quote:
They also said that Nanoha would not be devastated at the news of Yuuno's death.
They're best friends! Of course she'd be devastated! I mean, seriously, if your friend dies then you'd be upset. romantic or not, they're your friend!
Old 2009-11-17, 19:36   Link #19271
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
but I believe it was Dezo that was off by the most.

You might want to take a rain check on the challenge for a little while, then. I talked to Dezo a few days ago and currently he's steering clear of AS for a few days. I don't know when he'll come back.
Old 2009-11-17, 19:55   Link #19272
TheShinySword
*Author

Quote:
Spoiler for NSFW:

BTW, Syn's AA-cup chest size is a twist I did on her. I think Keroko has her at a B-cup or so?
Vivio likes them liker her mama?

FFCers should know this

"Then Nanoha took off her shirt to reveal...."
"Nanoha where are they I can't see them"
Nanoha: T-T

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post

You might want to take a rain check on the challenge for a little while, then. I talked to Dezo a few days ago and currently he's steering clear of AS for a few days. I don't know when he'll come back.
;-;
Old 2009-11-17, 20:04   Link #19273
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:
They're best friends! Of course she'd be devastated! I mean, seriously, if your friend dies then you'd be upset. romantic or not, they're your friend!
Yeah, I know! Added to that is that in my fic Nanoha discovers that they had grown apart without her realising it, so she's got both grief and guilt to deal with. Volvo's going to have a grand old time in future chapters using that to mess with her head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post

Damn. Well, since we're all gonna lose I think everyone involved should write Yuunoha!

... But that's just me being greedy
Old 2009-11-17, 20:20   Link #19274
Alavon
Worshipper of Nanoha...

Unbelievable...gone for classes and I come back with THREE pages of backlog... @____@

@Satashi: Great two parts, Satashi. I foresee an emotional crisis and Lexus can go to BEEP and after that he'll have to BEEP than BEEP and BEEP BEEP and I'll take out his BEEP then BEEP and a BEEP enter BEEP and he'll then need a BEEP BEEP to walk again...BEEP!

Quote:

TT__TT

Quote:
Damn. Well, since we're all gonna lose I think everyone involved should write Yuunoha!

... But that's just me being greedy
I'll write one. It's the least I can do.

@Kaijo: MOOOORE!!!! Now I want to hug Fate... >.>
Alavon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-17, 20:32   Link #19275
isagrimorie
Zombie Slayer in Training

Quote:
It is fairly... large. My ego wants to say epic, heh.

Also, I like keeping surprises, but if people have doubts about particular things like pairings, and want to PM me with their questions, go for it. I'll hand out hints to answer your fears.^^

I just responded to you in a PM, Raiser.

Edit 2.0: Because Satashi told me to page claim for PM secrets!
*raises hand* I like your story! I've just been trying to read the backlogs and I really love 'Recollections of a Lost Age' the Wolkenritter's history intrigue me a lot and your first two pages hooked me. I really liked the exploration into their past.

ETA: Um, wow you guys really write really fast!
isagrimorie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-17, 20:47   Link #19276
Kaijo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alavon View Post
@Kaijo: MOOOORE!!!! Now I want to hug Fate... >.>
I just uploaded Chapter 16 to ff.net. I'm polishing off chapter 17(which I'll probably post sometime tomorrow to this forum) and beginning work on 18.

And yeah, these last couple of chapters, while planned in advance, we're written with more of a Fate-angle for fans who asked. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by isagrimorie View Post
*raises hand* I like your story! I've just been trying to read the backlogs and I really love 'Recollections of a Lost Age' the Wolkenritter's history intrigue me a lot and your first two pages hooked me. I really liked the exploration into their past.
Thanks! I do actually plan to finish Recollections, but I've put it on hold for the moment while I work on Crisis. Been getting a lot of brainstorms regarding it. Once I finish that, I'll polish off Recollections.
Old 2009-11-17, 21:06   Link #19277
Alavon
Worshipper of Nanoha...

@Kaijo: Why do I have a feeling that Yuuno is going to have a Harem?

Question for you! Is Fate *really* related to Jail?
Alavon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-17, 21:27   Link #19278
Kaijo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alavon View Post
@Kaijo: Why do I have a feeling that Yuuno is going to have a Harem?
What makes you say that? ^_^

Quote:
Question for you! Is Fate *really* related to Jail?
I think I answered this before in the thread, but keeping it in the air for now. Mostly because I don't know myself, haha.

Fate will eventually face the choice to find out, but with the way things are going, it probably won't happen til the epilogue. She has quite a bit on her mind at the moment, and big stuff is about to happen to next chapter. (If you're a troper, then I'll just say: It Got Worse)
Old 2009-11-17, 21:28   Link #19279
OZ7UP
Music for life.
*Author

Mini backlog breaker... Nope, definitely not an update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight Gafgar View Post
Actually I was referring to the fact that you described him as crazy twice in the same sentence. That's like some hardcore, Mask of Loki-level crazy.

You are now imagining Jail Scaglietti, as played by Jim Carrey.
Good grief, I've created a monster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post
Is it bad that I think this is a good idea?
No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight Gafgar View Post
And if Jim Carrey is Jail, then Regius clearly needs to be played by Tim Curry.
Hell yeah.

Quote:
Spoiler for AlternativeS 5-1:
Quote:
Spoiler for AlternativeS 5-2:
Lexus is really one hell of a SOB, isn't he? Good to see that Subaru and Tea are still more or less the same as their original counterparts.

Quote:
Okay, here is the long promised chapter for the Fate fans. Presenting the rough draft of MGLN Crisis chapter 16; hope it meets with your approval!
--snip--
Couple of thoughts...

* Thumbs up for a potential Yuuno/Fate/Nanoha outcome. As much as I'm a NanoFate fan, it's always nice to see something different.

* Regarding Quattro, it was bound to happen anyway. I'm digging the way you're approaching this - it's more realistic. Sure, Dieci did more or less do her heel-face turn at the end of StrikerS, but it was expected because she had doubts about whether what Jail was doing was right or wrong. Quattro, being the smug snake she was, well...

Quote:

That might not necessarily be it. I mean, yeah you got people who don't read fics because they don't like the pairing (generally I'm one of them), but there are some really odd people out there. One in particular comes to mind who doesn't like Yuunoha (which is fine), but they'll read my clearly marked Yuunoha stuff regardless and then come whining to me about how hurt they were. I mean seriously, I MARKED THE DAMN THING WHY DID YOU READ IT?

*Cough* This same person raised a stink about my still ambiguously paired Rise of the Daemon Kaiser fic, saying "You better make it NanoFate!". They also said that Nanoha would not be devastated at the news of Yuuno's death. And there goes the credability, right out the window.

You know, it's really just this one person who gives me the most grief. You know who you are.
Those people really do give a bad name to NanoFate fans. I, myself, am a NanoFate fan, but I do keep an open mind towards other pairings - I'm still looking for good NanoVita and Fignum stories, and I'm really digging Nanya01/RB's Relationship series. Don't let these people get to you.

Seriously, I was really tempted to give these so-called "true" NanoFate fans a label, but for the sake of avoiding a flamewar (and also because I'm new here), all I'll say is that open-mindedness will always triumph over discrimination.

Quote:
I only learned recently if you click the >> next to the title it'll take you to the newest chapter.
Same here!

Quote:
Vivio likes them liker her mama?

FFCers should know this

"Then Nanoha took off her shirt to reveal...."
"Nanoha where are they I can't see them"
Nanoha: T-T

;-;
Pure gold.

Anyway, in between writing updates for my Nanoha/Archie cross-over story, I'll be posting links to a photocomic I've been working on over at the Transformers World 2005 forum boards. While Transformers are obviously the main part of the comic, it is influenced by the Nanoha franchise, and Shamal will have a part to play in the story as well.

Spoiler for A/N:

I'll be slowly porting over the rest of the mini-series in installments.

R&R, feedback not needed but still welcome anyway.
OZ7UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-17, 21:37   Link #19280
TheShinySword
*Author

While I didn't get that at all OZ7UP I am eternally jealous of your figures collection

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha