AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-01-03, 13:25   Link #2381
cero_86

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I was actually hoping he'd watch it thinking it'd be heart warming since he downloaded a movie that he could have rented for a few dollars.
It seems your more heart broken over the fact that I dl the movie than the actual movie itself, next time don't make recommendations online.
cero_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-03, 13:46   Link #2382
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cero_86 View Post
It seems your more heart broken over the fact that I dl the movie than the actual movie itself, next time don't make recommendations online.
That makes no sense.

But let's say on topic here....

What is everyone's favorite song from this series? There were so many great ones. I think I like Mugen (OP2) the best. Powder Snow is number two only if its the duet version.
Old 2010-01-03, 15:26   Link #2383
Mazryonh

Quote:

I thought Mana's "anime route" was well explored. You learned enough about her to understand her. You just said why she acts the way she does and we learned about it in both seasons.

As for the game...I don't know. I looked at the CGs (the character designs changed a fair amount but the clothes stayed the same [so did Yayoi's hotness, dayamn]) and saw nothing about him being a boy toy or anything.
Even so, the anime largely glossed over what Mana saw that was good in him, let alone hinting at how Touya can win her over in the game. I hope that when the remake comes out people will revisit this thread and give out details on how the stories are different and/or better in the game, when Touya isn't such a player and isn't contractually bound to flit from heroine to heroine just to show more of everyone's story.

I was a bit disappointed at first with Yayoi's modernized design, but Paku Romi's performance eventually won me over and I would love to see how her path goes down in the PS3 game.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-04, 06:29   Link #2384
kamikazex

just finished watching it. not as crazy as an ending i was expecting but still awesome
kamikazex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-06, 14:09   Link #2385
sapphirearcz

Send a message via MSN to sapphirearcz
Well, i was always expecting MOAR drama, as like when yuki found out all the cheatings Touya had done. but I can say this is not the usual harem anime we been having, this is way more artistic and actually makes you wanna rewatch everything.
Aside from white album and asura cryin, i really dont think anything else is worth watching for this season. But please recommend if i missed something out, i got trolled by DtB, wasted time over 11eyes. And i will hire a gun to kill anyone who recommends U m i n e k o

Many Thanks to Klashikari for the sig!
sapphirearcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-29, 06:32   Link #2386
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Must say that the soundtrack sure does please. Pretty much every piece i wanted is on here.

Also nicely surprised that we did get a soundtrack release. What a wonderful surprise.
Old 2010-03-29, 09:49   Link #2387
Key Board
Carbon

I just played White Album 2: Introductory chapter

Defintely more drama potential

1) You can tell right away that this was made so it could be easily turned into an anime
2) This is going to polarize people like Kimi ga Nozomu Eien
3) lol Mizuki Nana's Shin Ai is in the game
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-29, 12:25   Link #2388
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Must say that the soundtrack sure does please. Pretty much every piece i wanted is on here.

Also nicely surprised that we did get a soundtrack release. What a wonderful surprise.
The music was awesome. Ahh...I miss this series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
I just played White Album 2: Introductory chapter

Defintely more drama potential

1) You can tell right away that this was made so it could be easily turned into an anime
2) This is going to polarize people like Kimi ga Nozomu Eien
3) lol Mizuki Nana's Shin Ai is in the game
I demand an anime adaptation!
Old 2010-03-29, 13:30   Link #2389
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
The music was awesome. Ahh...I miss this series.
Listening to this fantastic score isn't helping the fact that how much i miss this show.
Old 2010-03-31, 17:48   Link #2390
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Downloaded it...

Awesome:

Horrible:
Old 2010-04-01, 03:36   Link #2391
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Horrible? I adore the soundtrack cover.
Old 2010-04-01, 07:55   Link #2392
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Horrible? I adore the soundtrack cover.
No, they look really bad there. It's weird because all of the other ones are great.
Old 2010-04-09, 03:14   Link #2393
winkel

Speaking of the PS3 game, it seems a PV was released recently:

I have to admit the Motion Portrait works pretty nicely here... conflicted on whether to pick it up or not though.
winkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 08:07   Link #2394
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I want, I want, I want!!
Old 2010-04-15, 20:07   Link #2395
Kokoru Asami
*Graphic Designer

Just finished watching this series ( i know behind) and all i can say is wow, there was such a build up of drama and in the end its like the waters calmed. Great series Overall!!
Old 2010-04-17, 12:14   Link #2396
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokoru Asami View Post
Just finished watching this series ( i know behind) and all i can say is wow, there was such a build up of drama and in the end its like the waters calmed. Great series Overall!!
Yeah, it was a little anit-climatic, but I loved it all.

I'm listening to the OST now. Really, great music in this series. I'm just glad we have the duet on the second disc. I heard they weren't going to release it, just do one girl singing.
Old 2010-05-15, 15:56   Link #2397
Justin Kim
*Artist

Soundtrack/music was overall good and entertaining. However, this is my opinion, to my distate, the second season really didn't seem promising. I was hoping the main protagonist would finally suck up, and become a man rather than still being indecisive for the first 4-6 episodes. Regardless, the memory problem apparently didn't seem too relevant to me, and regardless, Touya really had some issues with girls. I don't see why on some anime sites it isn't classified as a harem. The first season, just became even more redundant, and the second seemingly repeated itself except Touya began to develop relationships with the same, yet different characters from the first season.

My lamentations concerning the ending: I just really wished there was a last scene where I could actually see Touya and Yuki again. Although, Touya can't repent his sins due to his own indecisive and problematic, emotional nature, I remained hopeful that there was at least a part that would portray Touya and Yuki reuniting with an even deeper bond rather than just the voices of people whom he loved as well.
Old 2010-05-15, 20:58   Link #2398
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I'm curious how the production and everything was. Like, did they change things last minute and everything. I loved how this serious was not traditional. While it followed staples of it's genre, it was still different enough to keep you on your feet.

I was and still am surprised that it had little to no fan service.
Old 2010-05-16, 03:46   Link #2399
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
I was and still am surprised that it had little to no fan service.
The minute i learnt the series was set in the 80s, i knew there wouldn't be any fanservice. Not to say there's no fanservice in 80s shows, though it's the kind where you have to go looking for it.
Old 2010-05-18, 21:29   Link #2400
Justin Kim
*Artist

Quote:
The minute i learnt the series was set in the 80s, i knew there wouldn't be any fanservice. Not to say there's no fanservice in 80s shows, though it's the kind where you have to go looking for it.
Yeah took me a while to get orientated to the time-frame after they showed his calender in one scene. Still everything that incurred within the setting looked so modern, with the exception of the BMW-looking car.

Tags
drama, eroge, romance, seinen