AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-12-23, 20:43   Link #1681
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsaken_Infinity View Post
Let's see.

This whole kings business was never really explained for instance. The most we got was a flashback that didn't really do anything other than present two hitherto irrelevant characters and some sort of a back story that didn't actually do anything in terms of providing useful information. There was this German scientist who did some experiment, his sister who he was in love with died and this Japanese soldier who was visiting witnessed the bombing of Dresden. Apparently the German guy essentially gave his life up while the Japanese soldier somehow ended up being the highest authority in Japan.

Oh and there's this enforcer type of guy who is apparently long time friends/rivals/whatever with the red guy and he's apparently a king too or whatever.

And there's this guy who can steal people's bodies etc. and he's the antagonist or sort of or whatever.

Bla bla. If it works for you, good for you. As far as I am concerned, this is bullshit and a random hodgepodge of ideas thrown into a melting pot.
TL;DR, Background you mean?

If that's the case, then yes, you do need to have seen the side materials to understand it better.

However, purely from the show itself, was there anything central to the show's plot that came out of nowhere? The background of characters are not in the scope of the show's issue.

Quote:
Meanwhile we have a random aggressive punk become a king in the duration of another flashback where some kid chases him around trying to be his squire. He somehow cares for his men because lo and behold he suddenly has a loli by his side.
Whut....that scene was not the entire process of him becoming King. As for the second part of this quote, I completely cannot understand it at all. Cares for his men because of his loli O__o wtf

If such slow, deep, style of presentation does not work for you, no problem sure, but saying it's random just because tons of exposition on them were not presented beforehand is off the mark.
Old 2012-12-23, 21:00   Link #1682
mayumi

K is pretty easy to understand and pretty straight forward. The interaction between red and blue king, fushimi and yata, red blue clans all are not that deep or complicated relationships in anyway. i enjoy the anime though. it doesn't try to be deep or give any sort of message other than bonds between people. it might seem there is not much explanations like how red and blue king met, were they even friends for long etc. but those kinds of things look like they will dwell on in manga or novel or side stories.

they only got 13 episodes, the main characters are kuroh-shiro and neko who have to resolve the red and blue and colorless dispute.
mayumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-23, 21:05   Link #1683
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

I saw an interesting theory on tumblr where someone was looking at the scene with the colorless king (erm, where Kukuri is standing in a tree and suddenly has a multiway conversation with themself) and noticed that the filter over the scene changed slightly each time someone new talked. They thought it might indicate that the colorless king already absorbed the green and black kings, I disagree but thought it was interesting enough to mention.
I've also got a small theory, what if the colorless king isn't, well, the colorless king? Whenever we've seen them floating around they look more like a fox spirit than anything else and the show has shown that you can have animals that are strains (the horse from the Red manga, Neko) so I'm wondering if he might just be a really powerful strain that's out to mess with everyone.

Hmm, this might be why I've seen so many people say "this show is confusing and didn't foreshadow anything!" and people who go "this show had a ton of foreshadowing!", it's almost all visual foreshadowing. Most of the hints people had that Shiro was the silver king came from a few scenes where he did something, there was a cut to another angle where all the viewer could see was a silver light, it's a show that makes use of it's visual component. That's why I thought the theory from tumblr was interesting, it relies both on auditory (the changes in mannerisms and voice between, erm, voices) and visual (with slightly changing the color of the scene) cues which is what, as someone said earlier, a mystery does.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-24, 17:38   Link #1684
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
I saw an interesting theory on tumblr where someone was looking at the scene with the colorless king (erm, where Kukuri is standing in a tree and suddenly has a multiway conversation with themself) and noticed that the filter over the scene changed slightly each time someone new talked. They thought it might indicate that the colorless king already absorbed the green and black kings, I disagree but thought it was interesting enough to mention.
I've also got a small theory, what if the colorless king isn't, well, the colorless king? Whenever we've seen them floating around they look more like a fox spirit than anything else and the show has shown that you can have animals that are strains (the horse from the Red manga, Neko) so I'm wondering if he might just be a really powerful strain that's out to mess with everyone.

Hmm, this might be why I've seen so many people say "this show is confusing and didn't foreshadow anything!" and people who go "this show had a ton of foreshadowing!", it's almost all visual foreshadowing. Most of the hints people had that Shiro was the silver king came from a few scenes where he did something, there was a cut to another angle where all the viewer could see was a silver light, it's a show that makes use of it's visual component. That's why I thought the theory from tumblr was interesting, it relies both on auditory (the changes in mannerisms and voice between, erm, voices) and visual (with slightly changing the color of the scene) cues which is what, as someone said earlier, a mystery does.
based on the previous episode(11) i think maybe is more clear who "golum fox" have both "black and white color"(if his color is white then he absorbed black, if black then white).
Spoiler:
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-25, 11:39   Link #1685
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Is this going to finish this week, or do I have to wait for a few weeks for the last episode?

I ask, because I know a lot of series are going on break for the next few weeks, due to the holidays.
GDiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-25, 11:54   Link #1686
Kagura89

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
Is this going to finish this week, or do I have to wait for a few weeks for the last episode?

I ask, because I know a lot of series are going on break for the next few weeks, due to the holidays.
http://cal.syoboi.jp/tid/2716/time

Episode 13 that aired on 27th Dec will be the last episode & replaced with Vivid Red Operation on 10th Jan, same timeslot.
Old 2012-12-25, 20:11   Link #1687
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagura89 View Post
http://cal.syoboi.jp/tid/2716/time

Episode 13 that aired on 27th Dec will be the last episode & replaced with Vivid Red Operation on 10th Jan, same timeslot.
Cool.

I don't think I could wait to see how this ends, now that the secret about Weissman's out.
GDiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-27, 00:40   Link #1688
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

I like how the new anime that takes up K's timeslot is equally rainbowtastic.
Kirroha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-27, 12:26   Link #1689
OPN

http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net...oazCptahWXoAM_
season 2!?
Yep confirmed http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...quel-green-lit
Old 2012-12-27, 12:36   Link #1690
LKK

Very pleasant news! I hope some company picks up the 2nd season stream. (Viz is the most likely candidate, but Crunchyroll would be my preference. )

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-27, 12:45   Link #1691
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
The ANN article just says sequel, it doesn't specify a new season or an OVA series. Its usually new season but the possibility is there since it isn't made clear.
Old 2012-12-27, 12:48   Link #1692
MAX_COLA_POWER!

I'm good with another season of Neko. Hell, if the sequel becomes a bit more light hearted, I would actually like to see Mini-Skirt sword act more cute and casual.
Old 2012-12-27, 12:57   Link #1693
Miraluka
Banned

Better Shiro be back cuz you can't leave Neko like this:
Spoiler for Neko:
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-27, 13:07   Link #1694
MAX_COLA_POWER!

AH! MY HEART STRINGS! Well played Wilfriback...
Old 2012-12-27, 13:28   Link #1695
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Spoiler for Episode 13 (End) + Review:
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-12-27 at 17:48. Reason: removed spoiler for another show
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-27, 13:38   Link #1696
Nvis
Where are the good animes

There's still Weissman's original body...
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-27, 14:18   Link #1697
mayumi

i am pretty disappointed with mikoto's character. people seem to make him to be some sort of badass but really he was just a ass what he did to his clan and his friend munakata. seriously shiro had to die and then munakata had to stab him even though he wanted to try and save suoh.

hopefully the next season or ova or whatever focuses on other colors and not reds. hoping for green and black reveal.
mayumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-27, 14:23   Link #1698
kuromitsu

Ep 13~

Spoiler for ep 13:

Aaand sequel! Cool, I guess? I wonder how they'll write themselves out of what happened in this ep.

Altogether, K was a very enjoyable show, much better than I expected, with enough heart, self-awareness and humor to be more than a cookie-cutter eyecandy galore. I cautiously look forward to the sequel.

Until then, Neko - I'll miss you the most! ;__; )
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-27, 14:34   Link #1699
Vena
Carpe Diem

Spoiler for The Last Crusade:

That Neko... I wanted to hug her.
Old 2012-12-27, 14:40   Link #1700
Avaricia
My Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
Spoiler for The Last Crusade:

That Neko... I wanted to hug her.

I don't really think that fushimi will be the next king since there's still Seiri the lieutenant
Avaricia is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, bishonen, fantasy, gang, supernatural