AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-10-17, 12:26   Link #1621
pichu
*Fansubber

Freelance Title Designing/Signs TS'ing

Got some interesting signs left to do? Or your staff can't make the signs to look the way you would like them to look? Let's challenge us to do the signs for you! Need samples of our work? Don't hesitate to ask us on the irc.

If you also need karaoke, styling, credits, logos, and other jobs done too, you can also poke us.

Come poke us at #GWi @ irc.rizon.net

If you need dedicated staff, don't bother asking and recruiting us. For one, I won't be dedicated to any groups.

DISCLAIMER

Do you ever feel you need an editor for this one episode when she's on vacation or an encoder because he's been very busy with exams for this one release? Then, you’ve come to the right group to ask for temporary assistance! Our mission is to help out groups with staff missing temporarily for the duration of an episode.

We, at Group Whores Incorporated or GWi for short, are veterans (or fansub hoes, as some may call us) gathered in one place to help out other fansubbing groups in needs of temporary replacements. Currently, there are 20 members in the group, all whoring themselves out to finish the projects for you!

Our members consist of:
  • Editors
  • Encoders
  • Karaoke stylers and effects
  • Karaoke timers
  • Quality Checkers
  • Timers
  • Title Screen Makers
  • Translation checkers (mainly Japanese)
  • Typesetters (both .ass and after-effects)

We do not assist the following:
  • Raw Hunting/Providing/Capping. You'll have to come to us prepared.
  • Translating. That's something we can’t do, as translating –- itself -- already represents the release. Hey, it's your group.

Currently, we can only be reached on the IRC:

#GWi @ irc.rizon.net

If you need assistance, please drop in a message about what you need and what we can do for you. Our bot is currently underway.

Ground rules for asking our assistance:
  1. Only English Fansubbing is allowed. We don't deal with foreign languages.
  2. Only groups with a previous standing can ask for our help, unless it's a new group made up of seasoned veterans. However, if your group has no or little previous standing, please have the following double checked:
    1. If you would like us to help, please submit your previous release(s) beforehand to ensure whether your group is qualified or not.
    2. DO NOT ASK if you wish to receive help on existing episodes or projects done or being done by known, high-quality groups, as our main goal is to help continuing stalled series.
  3. Episode by Episode basis: we don't affiliate with any group, even if it's reusable work such as a logo or karaoke.
    1. For example, even if we made a logo or a karaoke for you, we won't shift it for every episode.
    2. An exception to this rule is in case both parties decides to continue working together.
  4. Our members will each decide what request to fulfill, we don't assign tasks.

Last edited by pichu; 2007-10-20 at 09:57. Reason: Added policy for new groups.
Old 2007-10-18, 13:57   Link #1622
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Group: Shikatanai
Projects: Kamichama Karin, Shugo Chara!
Positions: TLC, possibly another timer

Email

chiibiprincess@hotmail.com
roflcopter.frypan.info

AIM

chiibihime
ijuki

Details: Basically we need someone to check scripts. My Japanese is good but I'm not 100% confident on it.
Old 2007-10-19, 13:40   Link #1623
VJain

Mellow Fansubs is currently looking for QC/Distro staff to assist in the production of Kodomo no Jikan and possibly Clannad TV.

We are looking to fill the following positions:

Distribution
If you have a fast connection and don't mind sharing your bandwith on helping us distribute our work, this is the job for you. We need XDCC Bots and Seeders.

Quality Checkers
Experience is a requirement. You must be able to locate bleeds, karaoke errors, typesetting errors, and other potential sources of errors. We do not expect you be able to TLC.

We may have other positions open as well depending on our situations, if you're interested in working on Clannad/Kodomo no Jikan and are good at what you do, feel free to give us a shout:
IRC: #Mellow @ irc.rizon.net
Forum: http://mellow.ax3.net/index.php
Old 2007-10-19, 22:03   Link #1624
GingaSubaru

Suteki is looking for people to help us in the project Suteki Tantei Labyrinth.

We need this following position :

Translator(japanese --> english)
Able to translate 1 episode per week, no previous experience required.

Karaoke
Able to do karaoke timing and styling, previous experience is required.

If you are intrested to help our group, kindly come to our IRC channel #suteki@irc.rizon.net to talk with me(GingaSubaru) or other op(s). If you cant go to IRC, no problem at all, you can pm me through here.

Thank you, we are waiting for your arival
Old 2007-10-20, 03:57   Link #1625
juggen
Saizen Supreme
*Fansubber

UPDATED

Group: AniSubs
Positions: Translator, Translation Checker, Encoder, Quality Checker, Distro
Current Project: Night Wizard (joint with Ashes)
Contacts: Ichigo/DeeCie
IRC Channel: #AniSubs@irc.rizon.net
Email: recruit@anisubs.com
Forum: http://www.anisubs.com/

AniSubs are now looking for a translator to pick up a project for us to work on.

We would also like to recruit a translation checker to check over our scripts for any errors and work alongside our editor revising over the script for any picked up project. Also an encoder is needed to relieve some strain from our current encoders.
An experienced quality checker could also be of use to find those nasty typos, encoding errors, bad timings etc.

And we got more leechers than expected so some help with distro wouldn't hurt either.

Last edited by juggen; 2007-11-05 at 21:38.
Old 2007-10-20, 05:30   Link #1626
fresh-orange

Group: Orange-Side Fansubs

-----

WINTER Projects:

Tokyo Marble Chocolate (2 eps. OVA)

Need TL, TLC, Edit, Kara, TS, QC

Hatenkou Yugi

true tears

-----

IRC: #orange-fansubs @ irc.rizon.net
http://orange-side.v-a-a.com

Last edited by fresh-orange; 2007-11-02 at 00:28.
Old 2007-10-20, 09:44   Link #1627
Uska
Guardian of the Seal

Send a message via AIM to Uska Send a message via Yahoo to Uska
SD Relives Once More

We're not dead. :P Ok my last post was a bunch of pages behind so I'll go ahead and post a new one.

Group: SD Project

Website

IRC Channel: #SD@irc.rizon.net

IRC Contact: Uska

E-Mail: uskaishiga@gmail

Why we need staff: We keep living, almost dying, coming back to life, and some other key member in the group's computer dies so we stop again. Well most of the group's key members are around and we have a ton of unreleased episodes nearly ready for release, but we need help catching up on D.Gray-man and possibly starting a new project. SD Lives again.

Positions:
Karaoke person
AFX Person
Translator
Translation Checker
Timer
Typesetter
Timer
Editor
Quality Checker

Anime: D.Gray-man, possibly others(contact me)

More info: Please only apply if you know what you're doing. I don't expect a ton of experience, just a talent. The reason we need all these positions, like I said before, is to catch up(or rather do the entire thing) a lot faster. We might be starting something new, and when openings and endings change I need karaoke people, and we really need someone with time that can work on after effects. Contact me if you can do any of this, we're working hard to get back on our feet so any help we can get is welcome.

Last edited by Uska; 2007-11-02 at 09:22.
Old 2007-10-20, 16:30   Link #1628
Meltingice
Klipsch

Updated November 9, 2007

Well, we made one before, but it's outdated.
Group: Nuke Fansubs
E-mail: NukeFansubs@gmail.com
IRC: #Nuke@irc.rizon.net or #Nuke-Recruit@irc.rizon.net
IRC Contact: Meltingice or Rina or DeiLight

Current Projects: ef - a tale of memories

All current + future projects and releases
[Position] ----------------------------------------------------------------- [Urgency]
1. AFX Typesetter / Karaoke ----------------------------------------------- Medium
2. Karaoke ---------------------------------------------------------------- Medium
3. Distributers [Bots, seeders, DDLs] --------------------------------------- Medium

Last edited by Meltingice; 2007-11-09 at 04:11. Reason: Update
Old 2007-10-22, 01:40   Link #1629
lolol

DDL provider for HIRE

hi,
If your fansubing group is looking for DDL provider than iam your man
i can provide DDL for all your group's encoudes

iam a guy who is just looking to help out the best way possible.

contact me at bhasonson@yahoo.com
Old 2007-10-22, 03:34   Link #1630
Dark_Samurai

Group: Rozen-fansubs
Projects: Saint October, KimiKiss Pure Rouge and Koharubiyori,
We are recruiting the following positions for our projects:

1.) Translators. (Japanese to English) (2 positions)
Requirements: JLPT Cert Level 4 or lower. Must have some time to dedicate for the group. No experience is required but you must be able to translate at least one episode per week.

2.) Encoders. (2 positions)
Needs to encode at least one episode per week and experience is a must.

3.) Distros

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Dark_Samurai; 2007-10-22 at 14:03. Reason: Distro added
Old 2007-10-22, 16:51   Link #1631
Grv
宜しく
*Fansubber

Position: Translator
Group: Yoroshiku Fansubs
Project(s): Kekkaishi
IRC Channel: #Yoroshiku@irc.rizon.net
IRC Contact: Grv
E-Mail: yoroshikufansubs@yahoo.com

You'll be joining an existing team of translators with the aim of sharing the workload to catch-up and then on an ongoing basis sharing the load to achieve a stable release schedule. Tests are standard for those with limited or no experience of working in a fansub group.
Old 2007-10-22, 23:28   Link #1632
gundamsnet

Group : GundamSnet
Project : Gundam00
Position : Translator (JPN -> Eng)
Site: GundamS.net, Seed-Forum.com
IRC: #Gundam00 @ irc.rizon.net, contact AFE

We would like to continue subbing Gundam 00, however we now do not have a translator for now. We would appreciate your help!
Old 2007-10-22, 23:32   Link #1633
Ravic
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravic View Post
Ashes

Positions: Translators,Translate Checkers, TypeSetters, Kara Afx(Maybe for 2nd project)
Irc channel: #Ashes@irc.rizon.net
Projects: Night Wizard (Maybe a 2nd project?)
Contacts: Ravic
Email: ravic@the-ashes.net

Currently, our group's goal for our subs is a balance of quality and speed, with an emphasis on accurate translation. We plan on doing 2-4 day releases, but if we do not think our subs are of a sufficient quality level, we'll withhold or pull them, until we can get a decent release out. In other words, we put quality before speed, and we'll need committed and enthusiastic staff to do that.We're considering starting another show, so we'll consider anything that a potential translator wants to do.

Translator/ Translation Check-
The following requirements are not optional:
  • Basic Japanese knowledge (you will be tested)
  • Decent Internet (100kb/s+ download stream would be extremely helpful)
  • Time to Translate (varies, 3-6+ hours)

Karaoke/TypeSetter-
The following requirements are not optional:
  • Previous work with Lua, (Would be very helpful if you provide us with a sample clip)
  • A good eye for color and style, and an imaginative mind to think of new styles for karaoke and typesetting

For a constant update on our recruitment pleas goto http://the-ashes.net/recruitment.html

Updated check http://the-ashes.net/recruitment.html
Old 2007-10-24, 04:32   Link #1634
b0nk
Freelancer
*Fansubber

#GWi AFX Typesetting Training

It seems to have come to my attention that a lot of groups are requesting AFX typesetting. The problem is that not many people have experience in AFX typesetting since it's really different from AFX karaoke. Well this is your chance for those of you willing to learn AFX typesetting. #GWi will take on and train those that are dedicated to learning it once and for all.

The prerequisites are a lot free time(as this takes longer to grasp than .ass), a fast computer with a loads of RAM(Rendering in AFX takes a lot of resources), you must already know how to use Adobe Photoshop and/or Illustrator (mastering Photoshop is a key element in AFX and Illustrator will make your life much easier when attempting title logos).

This is one time offer only so only serious applicants should apply. DO NOT WASTE MY TIME. You can find me at #GWi-AFX@rizon.net.

-b0nk(Founder of Group Whores Incorporated)
Old 2007-10-24, 08:34   Link #1635
BimuEriku22

Position(s): Editors (Really Needed!), Quality Checkers (Not so of a big problem), Timers(That can be on most of the time), and TLCs (must be able to fill in my position while I'm away.)

Group: KousenKarasu Fansubs

Project(s): Shugo Chara!, Juushin Enbu, Hidamari Sketch.
Upcoming Project(s): true tears, A.R.I.A. The Oragination (3rd Season), Yatterman New Series.

IRC Channel: #KousenKarasu @ irc.rizon.net

IRC Contact: BimuEriku22, (If I'm at school, message Ler)

E-Mail: kousenkarasusubs@gmail.com
Old 2007-10-24, 21:55   Link #1636
ドラマの殿下
百裂拳
*Fansubber

Position: Typesetters (no noobs plz)
Group: Huzzah
Projects: Bamboo Blade
IRC: #huzzah@irc.rizon.net
PM: Drama

Please, someone experienced, please assist us in the place of one of our most loved staff members who has more important things to do.
Old 2007-10-24, 21:55   Link #1637
Herbz

MISHICORP Recruitment

Position: Need Translators (Japanese to English);
Group: Mishicorp
Projects: New Projects (We have some being worked on but stalled at the moment)
IRC Channel: #mishicorp@irc.rizon.net (#mishicorp-recruit for recruitment)
IRC Contact: Herbz (or modoki)
E-Mail: Herbz@homeofherbz.com
(I am also readily accessible on #herbz@irc.animenfo.com and #herbz@irc.dynastynet.net)
Website(s): http://mishicorp.org http://mishicorp.homeofherbz.com

We are in NEED of a translator (Japanese to English) to help on some new series that we have picked up. We have been having troubles and need someone willing to commit to the group who has time to do so. If you are interested, PLEASE feel free to email me or talk to me in #mishicorp-recruit. I am there for most of the day. Unsure if you want to join? Please email me or convey your concerns in the main channel or the recruit channel. I would be glad to talk to you. We will talk to anyone who knows how to translate from japanese to english.
Distro, editors, timers, QC, etc. are still welcome, but the need for a translator outweighs the need for other positions right now.
Email: Herbz@homeofherbz.com

Last edited by Herbz; 2007-10-24 at 21:57. Reason: Title
Old 2007-10-26, 02:34   Link #1638
Narubaka

Well like almost 97% of you I also need a japanese traslator pronto ;-;

Were looking for a japanese translator thats willing too sub GAVAN

here's sample >>

http://youtube.com/watch?v=AfrEWVb6vyw

im not sure if im allowed too give links cuz im a noob

but anyways 8D

please reply too us it's a couple people working on the subs and we need the translator so please if you are interested please reply

AIM: OMGgerogerogero

I am the editor and we have the distributer type setter and encoder 8D

E-mail: Darkyokai@hotmail.com

thanx<3
Old 2007-10-26, 12:51   Link #1639
livs20

AnimeYoshi is looking for fresh blood

Recruiting:
- Translation checkers URGENT!
- Karaoke maker/styler: must have experience (we can provide the k-timing)
- Timer: must have experience with scene-timing/ lead-in/ lead-out
- Encoder: must know how to encode h264/XviD -> for gundam 00 URGENT!
- distro: seeders, xdcc bot providers

Current Projects: Gundam 00, Night wizard, Ninomiya-kun, zombie-loan, School days
Contact: visit us on irc #AY-recruit@irc.rizon.net and talk to Spinal or anyone else in that channel
e-mail: animeyoshi@gmail.com

We urgently need a good experienced encoder for our gundam project plz help us out thanks!

Last edited by livs20; 2007-11-08 at 20:17.
Old 2007-10-26, 13:21   Link #1640
skystrife
Encoder
*Fansubber

Genjo-Subs - TLCers Urgent!

Positions: Translation, Translation Checkers, Bot Providers / Superseeders, QCers.

(Red = urgent, Orange = elevated, Green = interested)

Group: Genjo-Subs

Project(s): TLC will need to be dedicated to the Blue Drop project but may do other work as he/she sees fit. We are currently working on the following: Blue Drop, Ghost Hound, and Kaibutsu Oujo.

IRC Channel: #Genjo-Subs@irc.rizon.net or #Genjo-Recurits@irc.rizon.net

IRC Contact: Fauxbliss, Genjo, or skystrife

E-Mail: sky@skystrife.com <-- (skystrife)

TL Requirements:

You do not necessarily have to have had any fansubbing experience, but it is very helpful. YOU WILL BE TESTED.

TLC Requirements:

You do not necessarily have to have had any fansubbing experience, but it is very helpful. You MUST have decent proficiency in the English language as you will often be cleaning up scripts. YOU WILL BE TESTED.
Closed Thread

Tags
help thread, recruitment, translator