AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-02-14, 23:54   Link #8561
Spamamdorf

I don't think so, because what I'm getting from google translate is more or less gibberish, but I see a mention of a coupe strange things that are followed in the comments by "you pervert" soo *shrug* (plus he said he's not doing a negima thing for this one if I remember correctly, 'till next time I guess)
Spamamdorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-15, 03:08   Link #8562
AstroNerdBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hata View Post
http://www.geekthenews.com/2013/01/1...end-episode-1/

"Those listed to attend include"…"Ken Akamatsu (Sailor Moon),"
Ah. That explains a recent question I received about this. Takahashi-sensei did a special chapter of Inuyasha for charity, so this person asked if Akamatsu-sensei was doing something similar.

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

AstroNerdBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-15, 22:12   Link #8563
S.Freedom

Figures negima is a lost cause. It had some potential up until midway through the last arc.
S.Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-17, 16:28   Link #8564
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

That Twitter message seems to be nothing but a dirty comparison of Battleship Yamato to a penis. In other words, completely irrelevant to bring out.
Old 2013-03-10, 02:07   Link #8565
APNki

Ken's new series to start in summer: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ga-this-summer
APNki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-10, 03:31   Link #8566
Ken Sanders
The Wanderer

I'll accept anything that Akamatsu-sensei will throw at me!

As a fan, I respect his decision as an author.

I also pray for the next series will successful as the other three( Itsudatte my Santa, Love Hina, and Negima!).

So, does anyone know the new title of the series this coming summer?
Ken Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-10, 09:35   Link #8567
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

We can't expect anything really good from a mangaka who says he would prefer NOT being a mangaka. This only confirms my hunch he wrote the end of Negima in what was basically a fit of lazy despair to go rest already.

Quote:
I'll accept anything that Akamatsu-sensei will throw at me!
See, by people thinking like this is why manga is in the current creative slump it's suffering from.
Old 2013-03-11, 00:35   Link #8568
S.Freedom

I'm kinda with Overmaster here.

The fact he wanted to be an editor instead leads me to wonder just how dedicated he is to this new series. Not to mentioned he said he's looking to retire after this series is over.

That's not to say I wont give his new work a look. Just that I'll be slightly more critical about it.
Old 2013-03-11, 02:46   Link #8569
AstroNerdBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Freedom View Post

That's not to say I wont give his new work a look. Just that I'll be slightly more critical about it.
Once bitten, twice shy.

It is kinda like CLAMP. After the Tsubasa/xxxHOLiC fiascoes, I still follow their stuff, but with a grain of salt.

If Negima! never gets properly completed, that will be very frustrating.

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

Old 2013-03-11, 02:49   Link #8570
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

More like I'm desperate to bite any leftover meats he could give me.

Anything is fine as long as he make it in the same world as negima...

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-11, 18:32   Link #8571
AstroNerdBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
More like I'm desperate to bite any leftover meats he could give me.

Anything is fine as long as he make it in the same world as negima...
Considering that A.I. Love You and Love Hina are also part of the Negima! world (or rather, vice versa), I don't think that'll be a problem. However, if the title is completely new, I wouldn't expect more than a cursory nod or two Negima's way.

Old 2013-03-11, 19:13   Link #8572
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I'm going to laugh if the new story is somehow centered around mars and its magical world.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-11, 21:28   Link #8573
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

Really, the links between Negima, AI Love You and Love Hina are so weak and small it's not even funny. The Hina Blade shown in Negima doesn't even work the same way as the one seen in Love Hina, Akamatsu seems to have confirmed Negima's Mei and Love Hina's Mei aren't the same person, and other than that, all we got are a few nebulous mentions of Motoko and Tsuruko in Negima, and a very vague reference to AI Love You by Hakase. Fandom acts as if it's some sort of wonderfully interconnected shared universe when it's not.
Old 2013-03-11, 22:49   Link #8574
Spamamdorf

Do they? That's interesting, I hadn't seen anyone act like that before. It sure isn't that well connected but they do show up from time to time so hey.

I would also laugh if the next manga was about the situation on Mars though
Old 2013-03-11, 23:09   Link #8575
ellifeedn
Thinker

Aren't there multiple universes?
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-11, 23:25   Link #8576
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Since the scope of negima story is rather large because it involves the whole planet (or even universes gdmmit) rather than one or two city, I think it'll be easier to notice whether the world is connected or not.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-12, 01:34   Link #8577
S.Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
Aren't there multiple universes?
Nope it'd the same universe, just a different time frame for each story.

Though I'd have loved to see the cast of LH arrive at Mahora at the very end of negima. Or at the very least Naru, Keitaro, and maybe Motoko.
Old 2013-03-12, 02:10   Link #8578
Spamamdorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Freedom View Post
Nope it'd the same universe, just a different time frame for each story.

Though I'd have loved to see the cast of LH arrive at Mahora at the very end of negima. Or at the very least Naru, Keitaro, and maybe Motoko.
But they already did show up at Mahora...
Old 2013-03-12, 07:09   Link #8579
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spamamdorf View Post
But they already did show up at Mahora...
It was just a distant background single panel take on Naru and Seta, or people who looked like them, without any lines. Not exactly a thrilling and fulfilling crossover.
Old 2013-03-12, 15:14   Link #8580
S.Freedom

Exactly Overmaster.

I actually wanted them to interact with various negima characters. Like how would Setsuna and Motoko interact as of chapter 345 of Negima for example.

Or assuming the Mei from negima and the Mei from LH are the same person.* How would Naru react to knowing her sister was a mage.

*I forget if it was ever confirmed if they where the same person.

Tags
action, fantasy