AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2007-10-04, 17:30   Link #61
megaflcl

once when I was in middle school I was reading a Rurouni Kenshin manga and some classmate of mine walked up behind me and asked me "Do you have a fetish or something?" damn I was never so p*ssed off by somebodys ignorance the only thing I could say without giving a 5 hour speech was "just because I like it doesnt mean I have a fetish for it"
so I dont bring it up but I also dont not talk about it ether
im not ashamed but I also dont go around bragging if I get a new manga or if I watched a new anime
I like anime no matter what other people think about it
megaflcl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-04, 22:11   Link #62
genkidashite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kravius View Post
Yeah, about that anime->hentai thingy. It always happens in my class. Everytime I watch anime during my free time and when everytime my classmates saw me watching. They always say "wth! you're watching hentai again!?" Well, I guess that is their thought of what I'm interested in.

I don't even watch those stuffs (hentai). Well, I do watch ecchi shows and but that's not even close enough (I guess)
The exact reponse I got in my first year college from everyone!!!
genkidashite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-05, 01:13   Link #63
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I suppossssse you could ask the air, "Why does ignorance announce itself so loudly on entrance????"
Old 2007-10-05, 18:46   Link #64
~ Lawliet ~

Information was leaked somehow that I have an undying obsession with anime and manga, although I do indeed discuss anime and manga with a few friends of mine.
~ Lawliet ~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-06, 11:11   Link #65
Aznbanana

I ask people if they watch anime before, casually of course But i dont have anyone to talk to about stuff like Clannad, Kanon, Air, Love Hina, Seto no Hanayome and all those drama, romance and romantic comedies .

My friends watch anime for action and plot xD.
Aznbanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-06, 11:38   Link #66
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Sounds like more "action" than "plot" since several of the items you like to watch have "plot" in spades.
Old 2007-10-06, 11:39   Link #67
EternalDragonWarrior
Haruhiist/Konata Fanboy

I tell them if we end up in a conversation involving personal interests/hobbies/etc. There's nothing to hide or be ashamed of.
EternalDragonWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-06, 11:55   Link #68
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I tell them when I can... why not tell? afraid they will laugh? just say "ok .. what do you watch then?' then laugh at what they say.
Old 2007-10-06, 12:34   Link #69
aki/kaze/shi
Without Love

Location: Locked up in my room, in fears the neighbours will infest my house with....GRASSHOPPERS.
I don't care who I say it to, because I always bring two manga to school.

1) To read and is normal to me.

2) One that will freak the hell out of people and I'll have the pleasure of laughing.

I usually let them look at #2, which gets many a weird facial expressions and questions. Kamichama Karin usually freaks out just bout anyone. XD How..? The frist one is one that most people will ask to read, or even some ask how famous the manga artist is and such and how popular it is in other countries. I like answering those questions.^^ I don't mind when people start asking questions or making fun of it, I go ahead and laugh myself sometimes saying "But really, sometimes people like different things. These just happen to be some of the most interesting shows and reads of my life." One guy even asked to take my little sister's Pixie Pop manga to get pick-up lines from it. o_O

And I usually read manga in Tech class when we have free time on the computers. Some guys kept pestering me "Is that all you do? Read backwards books*?" and then started reading what I was reading while making fun of me. Losers. :P Hehe.

* = They call manga that because of how its read.
aki/kaze/shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-06, 12:39   Link #70
LittleBuddy
Young Member

No, because they don't talk about it. But my family knows that I watch anime. It isn't like a secret... I gave them a course on anime XD. They thought my older brother was watching childish things.
LittleBuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-06, 17:37   Link #71
xxmimixx
♥Sebastian's new wife♥
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to xxmimixx Send a message via Yahoo to xxmimixx
Yep . Last week at anime club, people ask what was your favorite anime, and I responded my favorites, and basically thats it. At the anime club, we draw manga, create comics for Tokyo pop, and learn japanese. Probably at the end of the year, we might go to an anime convention.
Old 2007-10-07, 17:56   Link #72
Sean Connery

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBuddy View Post
No, because they don't talk about it. But my family knows that I watch anime. It isn't like a secret... I gave them a course on anime XD. They thought my older brother was watching childish things.
I envy you, when I was 13 my parents gave me a bunch of crap about watching anime, they still do to this day
Old 2007-10-07, 18:37   Link #73
porchoky

^Haha, my parents/sister used to too, then I showed them an episode of Higurashi.
Either way, I won't bring it up unless they start talking about it or if it's relevant. If it's with some of my other friends though who like anime as well, I'll bring it up. Simple as that
porchoky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-08, 14:48   Link #74
devGod

For me it depends.

Some people I know don't watch anime, and don't feel like watching... So I don't bring up anime.

Since I started going to University people became a lot more tolerable to anime. There aren't really any people that think watching anime is 'wierd' or anything.
So if I talk about different interests with people that do the same study as me I'll bring it up at some point. If I never did I might not have met certain individuals that watch anime just like me. =)

So it's more a case of first exploring the other person a bit, and if I feel that we both might have an interest in anime... I'll bring it up.
devGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-10, 04:59   Link #75
DisavateraMX
...is as he is.

For me, I do it rather blatantly.

That's because where I live, people say: "Oh, me too! How many have you watched?" Great start.

And then I discover they only watch a few. Mostly Naruto, Bleach, or Gundam. Mention anything more, and then I get something like "Lucky...Lucky What?"

Eh, they don't even know Rozen Maiden.

Oh well, otakuness could improve down south here. At least everyone knows Haruhi.
Old 2007-10-11, 15:00   Link #76
SweetLove

I never mention anime at my school,everyone at my school hates anime so if i bring it up i'll probably get jumped T.T
SweetLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-11, 16:56   Link #77
Ultenth

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisavateraMX View Post
Eh, they don't even know Rozen Maiden.
Lucky bastards.

Ultenth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-13, 10:28   Link #78
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

To tell you the truth i did tell people but what I get ?
( are u a kid or what ) frist one i told said that
so I stop talling people so I cant sher my love for anime with my friends
The Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-15, 11:19   Link #79
siya
An Intellectual Idiot

Location: The Internet, ranging from the World of Warcraft------Deviantart----and much more!..My mostly WoW
I don't think anime is something you should be ashamed of. If you like it, why lie? Seriously, if people make funn of you, ask them if they like football. If they say yes, tell that person (will really only offend a straight guy XD) "So you like to watch me roll over eachother?" That's what I do...and so far 7 people who made fun of me for likeing anime, never made fun of me again when I said that...Now, some people wont get offended, and then there's the whole, Just ignore them, you like what you like, they like what they like, if they can't be your friend because you like anime, why be their friend?
siya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-15, 15:12   Link #80
Sinner_Chrono

I don't see any need to hide it whatsoever, i mean it may be different for me cos im younger than alot of you (im nearly 16) but the way i see it loving anime is apart of who i am, aswell as my love for death metal, i don't tend to talk about it much though tbh, since not many of my friends like it, however i have alot of online friends who i speak to about it regularly
Sinner_Chrono is offline   Reply With Quote