4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.61%
1 out of 10 : Painful 5 3.07%
Voters: 163. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-12-09, 12:08   Link #121
SonicX_Zero
Kill Kira

What would happen to Al or Hal if the hair falls on the middle, somewhat exposing both sides? =o
SonicX_Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-09, 12:34   Link #122
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicX_Zero View Post
What would happen to Al or Hal if the hair falls on the middle, somewhat exposing both sides? =o
what, never played xenogears?

the original personality comes out.
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-09, 13:09   Link #123
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post

The reason why he ordered a retreat after the Nadleeh busted out is because they have no intelligence on it. Only a fool would charge in his forces on something they have no clue about. His previous battle plan was made based on a lot of prior battle data about the capabilities of the Gundams. Nadleeh is obviously different in abilities than the Virtue, it's capture was not originally in the plans, and their original target had busted out.
And that's what it's like in U.C. Usually unless it's a desperation attack (Like Ben Wooder's on the Audhumla after losing all his Hi Zack's) one side will order a retreat once they lose the tactical advantage. Usually this was something like losing a limb or a weapon or too many mobile suits, thus making it harder to fight on equal footing. For something like Nadle it's better to retreat with whatever men you still have and formulate a new strategy for fighting it. After all it's better to retreat with whatever intelligence and live to fight another day then to rush into unknown and obviously dangerous territory.

I get the sense Tieria also finds it to early to have revealed the Nadle as his ace in the hole.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-09, 14:09   Link #124
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
I get the sense Tieria also finds it to early to have revealed the Nadle as his ace in the hole.
"Tieria Erde, you are not worthy of being a Gundam Mei... wait..."

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-09, 15:34   Link #125
X207
Gamyūsa

wat do you think will happen to virtue now? will they abandon the virtue armor and upgrade the nadleeh. i find it would be better to hav the 004, soma ran circles around virtue.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-09, 15:38   Link #126
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by X207 View Post
wat do you think will happen to virtue now? will they abandon the virtue armor and upgrade the nadleeh. i find it would be better to hav the 004, soma ran circles around virtue.
Its obvious from next episode's preview what happens to Virtue.

Nothing.

Its back to normal next ep.
Old 2007-12-09, 15:40   Link #127
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
Its obvious from next episode's preview what happens to Virtue.

Nothing.

Its back to normal next ep.
darn. though it makes sense on how it purges the armor, its easy to retrieve.
i hope nadleeh also has its secrets.

i also found halelujah to be extremely sadistic.
Old 2007-12-09, 16:29   Link #128
U<3Anime
Boo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by X207 View Post
i also found halelujah to be extremely sadistic.

That's what makes him so awesome. Halelujah torturing that pilot was the highlight of the episode for me, since already I spoiled myself and saw the Nadle scan.
What I'm disappointed the most in this episode is that I did not see Nadle move or "clock-up". I really wanted to see how fast and agile the MS is. =/
Old 2007-12-09, 17:27   Link #129
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

I have a theory that Tieria might just be born female, but undergoes intensive combat training from young that comes with....enhances that finally suppress her growth as a female when she hits puberty, giving her male quality such has the deep voice she possess, just like how the East Germans did with their Olympic Champions in real life, which will explain the imbalance demonstarted in this episode.

Quote:
During the 1970s and 80s, East Germany's huge doping program produced thousands of highly successful, but oddly mannish female swimmers and track stars. They were pumped with performance-enhancing drugs as part of East German efforts to use sport to promote the communist state.

As a result of the testosterone they unwittingly consumed as girls, many female athletes say they have developed deep voices, excessive body hair, and hormonal imbalances.
To compensate for this, Tieria picture herself as the perfect soldier that follows order to the latter we see from earlier episodes.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-09, 17:31   Link #130
X207
Gamyūsa

wow, tiera sure does raise wierd discussions. id rather wait for future epsto learn more about tiera
Old 2007-12-09, 17:37   Link #131
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
And then in the end Tieria just turns out simply as a guy
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-09, 17:49   Link #132
patgarci

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubczyk View Post
The Gundams are just so overpowered compared to their enemies. The Gundams didn't get out of their bad situation by using tactics or expertise, they just threw in another ability like Virtue's ability to lose it's outer skin, Kyrios can slice through whole ships without a scratch. For matter how many times a Gundam gets hit it comes out undamaged. Gundam 00 is turning out to be a super robot show where the Gundams can destroy whole armies and leave only their arch rivals like Soma Graham and Ali who have their custom mobile suits. It's like Madlax and Noir where all the enemies miss their shots with the main characters standing there while firing shots that connect every time.

That's what I've always hated about Gundam. It's always about the stupid giant robots that look like samurai armor rejects while the characters are subordinate to the inanimate machines. I'm sorry, I can't develop sympathy for the Gundam machines themselves. It's like if a western country made a series with Challenger tanks, Abrams tanks and Leopard tanks and made them the centerpiece of the show and not their crews. Gundam 00 is just all about how "cool" the Gundams look and the stupid transformations and weapons they have.'

We're 10 episodes in and I don't give a flip about anybody. They could kill Sergei, Graham, Setsuna, Marina, all of Celestial Being next episode and I wouldn't shed a tear. It's episode 10 and you've failed to make me feel sympathy for any character. Gundam 00 writing staff, you have utterly failed.

*This is an opinion piece and not a flame post"
WELL THEN DON'T FUCKEN WATCH THE SHOW!!!!!!
patgarci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-09, 18:12   Link #133
dagr81
The legendary dragoon

funny story i went to a company christmas party and there was this woman there and she sound like a guy. i had to ask someone if she was realy a dude. Also may be because she smoke like a chimny

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
I have a theory that Tieria might just be born female, but undergoes intensive combat training from young that comes with....enhances that finally suppress her growth as a female when she hits puberty, giving her male quality such has the deep voice she possess, just like how the East Germans did with their Olympic Champions in real life, which will explain the imbalance demonstarted in this episode.

To compensate for this, Tieria picture herself as the perfect soldier that follows order to the latter we see from earlier episodes.
dagr81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-09, 20:03   Link #134
Cherudim Arche

Allelujah sure has a destructive behavior.
Cherudim Arche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-09, 20:16   Link #135
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicX_Zero View Post
I think that eventually will happen. Allelujah will finally accept his blood thirsty side and the 2 personality merge, creating the perfect Ahallelujah!
Old 2007-12-09, 20:46   Link #136
hamstar
just passing by

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubczyk View Post
The Gundams are just so overpowered compared to their enemies. The Gundams didn't get out of their bad situation by using tactics or expertise, they just threw in another ability like Virtue's ability to lose it's outer skin, Kyrios can slice through whole ships without a scratch. For matter how many times a Gundam gets hit it comes out undamaged. Gundam 00 is turning out to be a super robot show where the Gundams can destroy whole armies and leave only their arch rivals like Soma Graham and Ali who have their custom mobile suits. It's like Madlax and Noir where all the enemies miss their shots with the main characters standing there while firing shots that connect every time.

That's what I've always hated about Gundam. It's always about the stupid giant robots that look like samurai armor rejects while the characters are subordinate to the inanimate machines. I'm sorry, I can't develop sympathy for the Gundam machines themselves. It's like if a western country made a series with Challenger tanks, Abrams tanks and Leopard tanks and made them the centerpiece of the show and not their crews. Gundam 00 is just all about how "cool" the Gundams look and the stupid transformations and weapons they have.'

We're 10 episodes in and I don't give a flip about anybody. They could kill Sergei, Graham, Setsuna, Marina, all of Celestial Being next episode and I wouldn't shed a tear. It's episode 10 and you've failed to make me feel sympathy for any character. Gundam 00 writing staff, you have utterly failed.

*This is an opinion piece and not a flame post"

I don't understand why people are flaming this guy, his argument is actually pretty sound. I think people are just arguing with this guy for the sake for argument. Peope love gundam 00 and can't take any kind of criticism. You guys need to relax a bit, he's not attacking you but the competancy of the writers.

I agree with the gundams not taking any damage thing. Also it was pretty stupid when kyurios fired like 23423523 bullets but none of them scratched the pink MS. The pink MS actually turned around and took more shots in its back but absolutely nothing happened...It seems like all the MS just pulverized while the custom MS cant even get scratched. Other than the main antagonists people just die like flies, yes it's pretty dumb but that's the writing and I'm okay with it.

With the characters, I have to say I like the 4 meisters. They are all pretty cool and I want to get to know them better. Sorry you don't feel the same. While I acknowledge this series is not perfect, to me it's far better than any of the previous gundam shows I've watched. With that being said, I look forward to each new episode.
Old 2007-12-09, 20:48   Link #137
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
Interesting example. If Tieria is female, then i guess this would be the best way to explain it. No surprise that they'll stay away from the subject for a while now though.

Seeing the last shot of Tieria (still in cockpit with no helmet) in this episode again.. and all i think about is how female looking Tieria is, and this time it doesn't have anything to do with Kouga Yun character designs.

(Yeah i just copied what i said over at MTF, though i'd like to hear others opinions on the matter.)
Old 2007-12-09, 20:52   Link #138
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamstar View Post
I agree with the gundams not taking any damage thing. Also it was pretty stupid when kyurios fired like 23423523 bullets but none of them scratched the pink MS. It seems like all the MS just pulverized while the custom MS cant even get scratched. Other than the main antagonists people just die like flies, yes it's pretty dumb but that's the writing and I'm okay with it.
Hallelujah was just toying with the custom Tieren, he could blast her to oblivion anytime he wants. But like a sick bastard he is, he chose to toy with her. Soma even realizes it!
Old 2007-12-09, 20:58   Link #139
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
That's what I thought too, I can't speak japanese but Soma did said something along the lines,

"What?....."
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-09, 21:01   Link #140
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

It seems that CV is TOO reliant on the supercomputer...

I'm more interesting in Episode 11, where we'll be looking into HRL's human weapon project.
Kang Seung Jae is offline   Reply With Quote