Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2013-04-29, 13:10   Link #6761
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Damn it, Cardinals took Minter. I wanted him to go to the Ravens.
I would liked Minter as well but I'm stoked over the Brown pick.

Beyond Elam, Brown and Juszczyk, I didn't watch any video on the players the Ravens drafted but based on Rotoworld and Kiper's assessments, it looks like another great haul.
Old 2013-04-29, 14:32   Link #6762
GDB

Indeed.

Also, total dick move by the Jets on the whole Tebow thing. They knew no one would trade for him, since they made their intent 100% clear that they'd release him if no one traded for him. Who would be dumb enough to give up a pick, any pick, when they can get him for free by waiting during a non-gametime period? And then they tried to act all coy, saying things like "He's in the plans" and "He's on the roster" and crap.

They used to boast that players went there because they wanted to. Now the only reason a player would go there is because they have no other choice. They may have quite possibly replaced the Raiders as the NFL graveyard. Only thing that keeps the Raiders in that slot for my perception is the ironic black/gray uniforms.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-29, 18:59   Link #6763
Yye1
Wide Right

^ the Jets were always a joke, but they did what they had to do, and I doubt any team would try to sign Tebow now, too much drama

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-29, 19:20   Link #6764
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yye1 View Post
^ the Jets were always a joke, but they did what they had to do, and I doubt any team would try to sign Tebow now, too much drama
Well I wouldn't say that. If Tebow wants to be a living in the NFL, there is going to be compromise. I heard that the Jets tried to put Tebow as a running back or fullback according to one rumor (rumor indeed) so he could try to change his position.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-29, 20:30   Link #6765
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokiePride View Post
Tim Tebow was released today. I feel bad for him because he was never given an opportunity to play for Jets. I hope Oakland picks him up. So far their best QB is Matt Flynn.
There is no chance of the Raiders pick him up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Well I wouldn't say that. If Tebow wants to be a living in the NFL, there is going to be compromise. I heard that the Jets tried to put Tebow as a running back or fullback according to one rumor (rumor indeed) so he could try to change his position.
The only problem is he wants to be a QB and nothing else.
Old 2013-04-29, 20:37   Link #6766
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
There is no chance of the Raiders pick him up.

The only problem is he wants to be a QB and nothing else.
That is why I said compromise, if Tim Tebow allows his ego and desire to overtake him, then he will be not playing.
Old 2013-05-03, 12:59   Link #6767
Yye1
Wide Right

Cant believe that Tebow is considering going to the CFL, he is gonna be murdered even worse than in the NFL, as a QB, if u cant pass, u cant play in the CFL

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
Old 2013-05-03, 13:13   Link #6768
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Tebow should have just switch positions, there was a reason why the Jets attempted to buff him up. They wanted him to play full back.
Old 2013-05-04, 18:48   Link #6769
Yye1
Wide Right

^ I was under the impression they were trying 2 make him a tight end or receiver

Old 2013-05-05, 04:05   Link #6770
Samari
World's Greatest

Tebow is done in the NFL. Time to move on.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-05, 06:55   Link #6771
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
Tebow is done in the NFL. Time to move on.
God has other plans for him.

Yet, he can boast one thing:

Spoiler:
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-05, 16:48   Link #6772
Yye1
Wide Right

^ at least matty ice can throw lol, but yes god does have other plans for tebow

Old 2013-05-06, 21:17   Link #6773
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Doesn't Mark Sanchez have like a 4-2 playoff record? With 4 road playoff wins, which only four QBs in the history of the NFL have?

I think he's pretty much one of the worst starting QBs in the league right now-certainly one of the 3-4 worst.

It just makes me laugh at people who point to Tebow's playoff record as a reason why he's a great player.

In fact, if you look at the numbers, Denver's offense was worse under Tebow than it was under Orton. Logic would seem to dictate that if their offense was worse, but they won more games, then it shouldn't be the offense that gains credit for those wins.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-07, 02:53   Link #6774
Samari
World's Greatest

Using a "has an X-X record as a starter" argument is one of the worst angles you can take when defending your point on a quarterback whether they were good or bad. It's a team sport. I don't know why this isn't so obvious to people.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。

Last edited by Samari; 2013-05-07 at 03:24.
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-13, 23:05   Link #6775
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Wow thread gotten quiet. Since the draft is over as well the signing of rookie free agents, what is everyone's opinion of the power ranking of the teams after the draft? Also, how does everyone feel about your team as well specifically?
Old 2013-05-13, 23:18   Link #6776
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Thread always gets quiet during this period of time; it is the off-season, after all.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-14, 01:47   Link #6777
Soverence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
Using a "has an X-X record as a starter" argument is one of the worst angles you can take when defending your point on a quarterback whether they were good or bad. It's a team sport. I don't know why this isn't so obvious to people.
I feel like this is because the quarterback basically gets all the credit in the NFL if the team is winning games, even if his numbers are below average (as we seen with Tebow). Granted the opposite is also true, even if you put up top 10 passing yards, td's, and turnovers, if you lose you are still called a terrible quarterback (as we have seen with Romo). The only position you even see the "has an X-X record as a starter" is at quarterback, I have never seen this statement used on another position.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Wow thread gotten quiet. Since the draft is over as well the signing of rookie free agents, what is everyone's opinion of the power ranking of the teams after the draft? Also, how does everyone feel about your team as well specifically?
Yeah, I am surprised there wasn't more discussion about the draft on here, I feel like because this draft had a lot more defensive talent then offensive talent people probably just weren't that interested. Anyhow I will state the obvious and say the Bills made the worst move of the draft, they could have got E.J. in the 2nd or 3rd round anyway if they had wanted him so taking him in the first round made no sense to me.

I feel like the only team that really moved up a little bit due to the draft was the Vikings with all the 1st round players they got, those players could have big immediate effects for the team. The 49ers had a great draft as well but they were already ranked so high that the good draft doesn't really move them up in my opinion. Besides those two teams, all the other teams drafts just seemed about average to me.
Soverence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-14, 06:01   Link #6778
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
Doesn't Mark Sanchez have like a 4-2 playoff record? With 4 road playoff wins, which only four QBs in the history of the NFL have?
That's only because he was riding on a defense that could handle his foul ups, by shutting down the other team.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-15, 09:33   Link #6779
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soverence View Post
I feel like this is because the quarterback basically gets all the credit in the NFL if the team is winning games, even if his numbers are below average (as we seen with Tebow). Granted the opposite is also true, even if you put up top 10 passing yards, td's, and turnovers, if you lose you are still called a terrible quarterback (as we have seen with Romo). The only position you even see the "has an X-X record as a starter" is at quarterback, I have never seen this statement used on another position.

Yeah, I am surprised there wasn't more discussion about the draft on here, I feel like because this draft had a lot more defensive talent then offensive talent people probably just weren't that interested. Anyhow I will state the obvious and say the Bills made the worst move of the draft, they could have got E.J. in the 2nd or 3rd round anyway if they had wanted him so taking him in the first round made no sense to me.

I feel like the only team that really moved up a little bit due to the draft was the Vikings with all the 1st round players they got, those players could have big immediate effects for the team. The 49ers had a great draft as well but they were already ranked so high that the good draft doesn't really move them up in my opinion. Besides those two teams, all the other teams drafts just seemed about average to me.
I think the VIkings had a great draft, most likely the best.

Since I am originally from Jacksonville so I am a home fan of the Jaguars. They done great this draft in my opinion. A lot of sport analysts have already given up on Gabbert. While I would understand from the results, but each time on Bleacher Report, NFL.com, and ESPN they all make it solely Gabbert's fault. I've been to those camps and I understand what to look for in a QB, Gabbert has the mechanics, arm strength, and above average accuracy. He doesn't have pocket awareness, but when I saw the offensive line collapsing so many times its not anything to laugh about the two past years. This year's however Gabbert looks like he gains a lot of pocket awareness and looking to be successful.

He gain new weapons from last year while they weren't really known which were Jordan Shipley and Mohamed Massaquoi, proving themselves they are good receivers to be thrown at.

In the Draft he gain exciting and new weapons that fits his tendency to throw short passes only at 10 yards. They are Ace Sanders, a terrific slot receiver and Denard Robinson who is very good at breaking tackles and runs hort routes.

In the free agency undrafted rookies, Ryan Otten who was said to be the best blocking TE thus giving the offense versatility with two TE.

I look forward to next season to see how the Jaguars do.
Old 2013-05-15, 19:59   Link #6780
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Sorry for double posting but, what does everyone's thoughts on Titus Young getting arrested for the 4th time in the span of less than 10 days.

Also...................................Green Bay wants to bring Brett Favre back for another run.......

Tags
american football, sports