AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2003-12-01, 03:25   Link #21
Fronzel
Schmuck

I don't understand why everyone thinks it's so depressing...Shinji gains hope that one day he may no longer suck and Yui said that anyone could re-form if they really wanted to....what's so bad about that?
Fronzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-02, 03:19   Link #22
Fronzel
Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiandu
Another is one Eye was Rei's color while the other color belonged to Misato. Look closely in the anime. "Asuka" also has the scar that Misato had.
Impossible. One of Asuka's eyes is bandaged. The other eye is blue, as always. And I haven't checked yet, but I don't think Asuka's upper chest (where Misato's scar is located) is visible, as she is wearing her plug suit.
Fronzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-02, 04:53   Link #23
Darkchaser
Punii Punii Darkie

I've heard of this "Asuka mix" theories before.

I'd always thought that the bandages on Asuka when she reappeared was to "repair" her, because she was injured badly when the mass produced EVAs tore through EVA-02. If you notice, she has a bandage on the eye where one of the Spears pierced through Unit 2, and also there is the bandage on the right hand where a Spear split her hand in two. That's why I don't think the bandages have any relation to Rei.

So, considering Asuka is Asuka, I think Shinji chose her because she's the closest to a girlfriend that he has. Rei was more like a mother to him (since Rei is essentially of Yui anyways) and Misato was more like a big sister to him (one who cares for him but that's about it). Shinji doesn't have any kind of family attachment to Asuka, so that's why she was chosen.
Darkchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-26, 03:54   Link #24
Silvanoshei
ぜんぴょう☆

The End of Evangelion - Renewal

From wiki~

Quote:
A new version of The End of Evangelion was released on June 25, 2003 in Japan by Starchild and King Records as part of Renewal of Evangelion...

...Manga Entertainment has said it is "ironing out the contracts" to release the Renewal versions of Death & Rebirth and The End of Evangelion, hoping to have them out sometime in 2007.
Can anyone follow up any more info on this? I just bought the Eva Platinum Edition, and thought "wow, not the ending i liked, where's my asuka battle to death part? where's my UN going into NERV battle?" Must... have... movie renewal lol.
Silvanoshei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-30, 20:55   Link #25
ArrowSmith

*BUMP*

We need to continue discussing this amazing movie.
ArrowSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-31, 09:16   Link #26
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
The rebuild movies are were we continue talking. This version is all of a sudden "not what Hideaki wanted"
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-02, 16:40   Link #27
Kudryavka

Just finished watching End of Evangelion.

And, there's something I'm confused on.
Spoiler for major spoilers if you did not watch EoE!:
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-02, 16:50   Link #28
LeoXiao
思想工作

I think that
Spoiler for spoiler:

And yeah, that was a weird movie, but a fitting end to the series.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-02, 19:19   Link #29
Kudryavka

Thank you LeoXiao, it may just be up to us to interpret.

But this movie, and all of Eva before it, was definitely great. I was really surprised to found out they continued Eva after End of Evangelion though! (But now I know Rebuild is just an alternate retelling lol)
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-02, 19:22   Link #30
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
They pretty much wrecked 02 completely, so Asuka most certainly died and was tang'd in the meantime as well. As for why she was feeling pain, I believe she was fully synced during the fight and that kind of connection is not easily severed on demand. Basically, plenty of pain regardless.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-06, 01:59   Link #31
Mazryonh

This movie was made to take your expectations and smash them in your face. Over and over again. The funny thing is, I like it a little more than what I've read about Evangelion 3.0--all the original psychological pain and anguish tossed out to become a blockbuster mecha action movie.

Right now the Evangelion manga is covering what is the last few minutes of EoE. I really wonder just where Sadamoto will take it this around time and whether all the changes he's made to his version will actually change the final result, or if he'll be forced to toe the line.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-04, 01:55   Link #32
lann

My thoughts on the subject. http://lanssidequest.blogspot.co.uk/...anding-tv.html

Tags
mecha, psychological