AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2011-10-11, 20:18   Link #3101
GDB

Yeah, only way I really see Ponder getting ousted is if Frasier does too, which doesn't really seem likely.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 06:11   Link #3102
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Carroll wants LeBron as a Seahawk

That...would be hilarious...
Old 2011-10-13, 14:29   Link #3103
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Well, LeBron was actually All-State in football as a TE back in high school. . .
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 14:39   Link #3104
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
Well, LeBron was actually All-State in football as a TE back in high school. . .
Therefore - he could actually benefit from having a career change. Maybe
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 15:33   Link #3105
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

There must be an insurance company involved somewhere that won't take kindly to LeBron playing football. That actually raises the interesting question of the status of the policies the owners take out to insure against season- or career-ending injuries. Since the NBA owners have no obligation to pay the players during the lockout, I wonder if they suspend their insurance as well. If so, and I'm LeBron James's agent, I'll be calling out "Like a good neighbor, State Farm is there!" just about now and having my boy sign a contract.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 15:57   Link #3106
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Niners won again! Against the Cardiac Kitties at that! And the Raiders just scored an epic touchdown!
FDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 16:10   Link #3107
Kyuu
=^^=

Let's see...

Cowboys. Patriots. On FOX. With Joe Buck/Aikman. Can't get any worse than that.

*vomit*
Old 2011-10-16, 16:38   Link #3108
Samari
World's Greatest

49ers win. I think we're going to be division champs.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 17:10   Link #3109
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
49ers win. I think we're going to be division champs.
Most likely, at this point the only teams left that will really be a challenge are Pittsburgh and Baltimore.
Old 2011-10-16, 18:19   Link #3110
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

And people thought I was crazy having faith in Tampa Bay! Brees gets picked for the third time! Man, Tampa's defense and Graham's run have been critical.
Old 2011-10-16, 18:42   Link #3111
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDW View Post
Most likely, at this point the only teams left that will really be a challenge are Pittsburgh and Baltimore.
Eh. We still have to play the rest of the NFC East. Going to Washington might be difficult. And you never know what you're going to get with the Giants. Then you have the Steelers and Ravens like you said. I think the Ravens will definitely beat us. As for who is in our division, you can never count out the Cardinals. They are annoying. And going up to Seattle might be tough.

As much as I am happy about the win, a part of me is still waiting for the other shoe to fall off here. And I'm really nervous about our quarterback play. Smith is playing okay, but he's not the kind of player that can take over game and dominate. He has only passed for over 200 yards once this season. Granted his receivers aren't that great, but at the same time I feel like we can get better production from that position.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 18:59   Link #3112
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Huzzah, Eagles finally found a way to hang on, though that 4th/9 into first down into TD had me thinking NOT AGAIN...

Luckily, Shady and Vick saved the day. I think there is hope for this season yet.

Also...thanks for knocking off the cowgirls today, Brady Bunch. Would really have sucked to see the Pats lose to a team as mediocre as Dallas.

LOLskins continue to be LOLskins. Now we'll see if the Eagles can knock off the giants. I think once the Eagles iron out their kinks, they very well have a shot at the division. And we have a bye to get better. Hope is still alive, and if the pats play as trashy as they do today later in the season, we might even beat the Brady Bunch.

Stinking Bills though...why oh why did they have to drop a game to the vagiants?
Old 2011-10-16, 20:30   Link #3113
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

second week in a row Dallas lost another game they had no business losing...*deep sigh*
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 20:35   Link #3114
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. DJ View Post
second week in a row Dallas lost another game they had no business losing...*deep sigh*
Dallas is a good team; the Ryan bros. really have a skill for getting to Brady. Luckily for me anyways Brady snapped into his clutch mode in the final drive... otherwise that was definitely a Dallas win. And the Bills lost too, so at last Patriots stand atop AFC east... for now.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 21:49   Link #3115
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

It is a mauling at Soldier Field tonight. Chicago is showing no mercy. Cutler, Hester and Peppers are beyond frenzied.
Old 2011-10-16, 22:07   Link #3116
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Ouch, Jason Campbell broke his collarbone and is out for the rest of the season. Kyle Boller is his back-up.

And Christian Ponder makes his debut.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 23:15   Link #3117
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Breesus actually sold out today in the clutch...Color me blasphemous T_T...

I was very leery of this game given Tampa's beatdown last week...When a good team gets jacked like that they always comeback strong, but who knew they'd knock our coach out of the game to the tune of a MCL tear and broken kneecap (WTF?!)...Our offensive gameplan suffered so much by Payton leaving the game, but we still had a chance to win despite 4 horrific turnovers...

Brees just sold us out...Meachem was wide open and he didn't see him...it's a weird feeling because he always comes through on those 4th Qtr drives...But I said weeks ago we were gonna have to win a game with defense, and today our front four couldn't get Huey Freeman's a$$ even once...So I am quite pi$$ed right now because we had a chance to put a choke hold on the division...

No team in NFL history has won 3 consecutive away games back-to-back-to-back...It was nice dream...Thank God we get a home game next week...

GEAUX SAINTS

In other news, damn LSU is killing it right now, but stay tuned...
Old 2011-10-17, 00:48   Link #3118
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
Eh. We still have to play the rest of the NFC East. Going to Washington might be difficult. And you never know what you're going to get with the Giants. Then you have the Steelers and Ravens like you said. I think the Ravens will definitely beat us. As for who is in our division, you can never count out the Cardinals. They are annoying. And going up to Seattle might be tough.

As much as I am happy about the win, a part of me is still waiting for the other shoe to fall off here. And I'm really nervous about our quarterback play. Smith is playing okay, but he's not the kind of player that can take over game and dominate. He has only passed for over 200 yards once this season. Granted his receivers aren't that great, but at the same time I feel like we can get better production from that position.
I don't have much faith in the ability of the Redskins or the Giants against the 49ers, so those games are likely wins in my book. (Were talking about a Redskins team that Lost to the Philly fraud squad and nearly the Cardinals and the Giants didn't look much better when they played the Seahawks.) As for the NFC West, it has been a known fact that the division's been shit for years, so I'm predicting Division sweep.
Old 2011-10-17, 01:39   Link #3119
Kyuu
=^^=

As a Chicago fan - I chant: DA BEARS.

But at the same time, it's hilarious seeing Bad Rex come out again, especially after his boasts about the Redskins winning the division and stuff. So, it seems: it's the same old Rex. The same cocky bastard who cost the Bears the Super Bowl.

As for the Bears-Vikes. It seems: McNabb's career is on its way to the end.
Old 2011-10-17, 02:08   Link #3120
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Oakland is talking with Calson Plamer to get a QB to replace injured Campbell....

Really...REALLY?!

And flock yes, Grossman is a scrub. Washington continue to pick terribad QBs.

So...thoughts on the fracas between Schwarz and Harbaugh? Honestly, I've received harder handshakes/slaps on the back when meeting someone than what Harbaugh dealt. There was nothing malicious - the guy was excited! Seriously, if this is the talk of the next week, I am going to be shocked an appalled.

Predictions for Dameshek's next shame report:

Rex Grossman
Detroit Head Coach
Denver for trading Brandon Lloyd
Pittsburgh for being weaksauce against Jacksonville
Whoever called that stupid weak hit on Tampa as unnecessary roughness in the 3rd quarter

Get Out Of Shame Free Card to Sean Payton. You know why!

Tags
american football, sports