AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-10-27, 14:44   Link #1021
Sunder the Gold

The subplot of Kurikara being broken and fixed introduced a lot of weirdness, yeah. Someone wrote about that earlier in the thread, I think.

In addition to the problems he mentioned, even as I was watching the episodes I was thinking, "How the hell did all of the other characters manage to do all of that WHILE the trial was going on?"

Their little side-adventure was taking too much time to fit into the trial even just counting the scenes we saw and leaving out the travel time that we didn't see.

And while I somehow completely missed the fact that Amaimon went down far too easily compared to how powerful he was previously, it sure as hell stands out to me now.

Seeing him get serious for his rematch in the manga just drives the point home even more. Amaimon was a serious challenge for a berserking Rin, so if the Earth King had an even more powerful combat form to use, he would stomp Rin into the ground.

Which is exactly what happened. The manga even censored Rin's face and body, he was so smashed up.

It's rather ironic that the anime started off on its own ridiculous Gecko-Tail Ending right at the point where the manga also took a ridiculous turn.

But even despite the opportunities wasted in the manga, the manga is still working out better than the anime.
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-29, 23:07   Link #1022
Kid Ryan
Playful Explorer

Blue Exorcist English Dub is out now, so far only Episodes 1-4 have streamed on Neon Alley (PS3).
Kid Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-04, 08:48   Link #1023
Sunder the Gold

Courtesy of Crontica, from earlier in this thread:

Spoiler for :

I've got my own thoughts on how to properly fuse these two settings together, but before I spend the time typing it all out, can I expect any response?
Old 2012-11-04, 09:26   Link #1024
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
Courtesy of Crontica, from earlier in this thread:

Spoiler for :

I've got my own thoughts on how to properly fuse these two settings together, but before I spend the time typing it all out, can I expect any response?
I'm not cool with that !
It's really two separate universe. Black Rock Shooter is super metaphorical and Ao no Exorcist is so... Shonen. The action scenes could work. But the story ? Nah !
Sageblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-04, 16:06   Link #1025
Sunder the Gold

You so sure?

We've NEVER seen what Gehenna is like. Who can say that some demon's principality within that world isn't the Otherworld that we see in Black Rock Shooter?

Rin's "demon heart" is sealed into a physical object, forcing his flames into Gehenna while he remains in Assiah. Whichever demon created Black Rock Shooter might have sealed Kuroi Matou's demon heart into a location of Gehenna itself, splitting Matou into two beings. The demon half roams the Otherworld (Gehenna) and interacts with other demon halfs (Otherselves, like Dead Master).

It's an experiment on the part of Dragon Slayer, one of the thus-far-unnamed Eight Kings. She's curious about what sort of minions she can create from half-demons. Minions that can exist in both worlds without a Gehenna Gate or possessing a mortal.

She stole a piece of her father and used it to create Matou's demon half; Black Rock Shooter's blue flames are inherited from Satan himself, which means she's at least partially related to the Okumura twins.

But Black Rock Shooter didn't inherit the flames as strongly. She can conjure enough flame to enhance the damage inflicted by her hands, blades and bullets, but she cannot summon up waves and gouts and infernos the way that Rin can.

Dead Master's servants are summoned and bound demons of the Ghoul class. Indeed, such enslaved demons are the ONLY demons that the Otherselves have ever encountered, because Dragon Slayer is keeping her pet project carefully seperated from interference by other high-ranking demons.
Old 2012-11-04, 18:45   Link #1026
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
You so sure?

We've NEVER seen what Gehenna is like. Who can say that some demon's principality within that world isn't the Otherworld that we see in Black Rock Shooter?

Rin's "demon heart" is sealed into a physical object, forcing his flames into Gehenna while he remains in Assiah. Whichever demon created Black Rock Shooter might have sealed Kuroi Matou's demon heart into a location of Gehenna itself, splitting Matou into two beings. The demon half roams the Otherworld (Gehenna) and interacts with other demon halfs (Otherselves, like Dead Master).

It's an experiment on the part of Dragon Slayer, one of the thus-far-unnamed Eight Kings. She's curious about what sort of minions she can create from half-demons. Minions that can exist in both worlds without a Gehenna Gate or possessing a mortal.

She stole a piece of her father and used it to create Matou's demon half; Black Rock Shooter's blue flames are inherited from Satan himself, which means she's at least partially related to the Okumura twins.

But Black Rock Shooter didn't inherit the flames as strongly. She can conjure enough flame to enhance the damage inflicted by her hands, blades and bullets, but she cannot summon up waves and gouts and infernos the way that Rin can.

Dead Master's servants are summoned and bound demons of the Ghoul class. Indeed, such enslaved demons are the ONLY demons that the Otherselves have ever encountered, because Dragon Slayer is keeping her pet project carefully seperated from interference by other high-ranking demons.
Indeed, it could work (and actually an OAV would be great).
I'm not saying that a crossover would be dumb.

It's just that I'm not seeing BRS ou Dead-Master as demons.
I'm more pleased by the idea of an alter-ego who represents your fears, flaws...
Sageblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-04, 19:43   Link #1027
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sageblink View Post
I'm not seeing BRS or Dead-Master as demons.
What is a demon? A spiritual creature, at home in a spiritual world.

What else is an Otherself, but a spiritual creature? Is not the Otherworld a spiritual place?

And it's not like BRS is a demon. She's only half of a whole creature; only half of a whole mind.

Kuroi Matou is the waking, conscious, self-aware half. Black Rock Shooter is not an independent demon that happens to be linked to Matou... she's Matou's demon half, moving in response to Matou's subconscious thoughts and feelings.

Quote:
I'm more pleased by the idea of an alter-ego who represents your fears, flaws...
In the manga, when Rin was recieving the blessing of a fire demon to purge a mountain of a fungus demon, there was a voice in his head.

It growled about how frustrated he was, to have his power restrained since the day he was born. About how he was a beast who burns everything in the world to ash. It was a voice that he had to overcome, in order to force his flames to spare the humans on the mountain.

Obviously, it was Rin's alter-ego speaking. The side of him that identifies with his demonic power.

Would not such a thing happen to a half-demon whose demon half was split off into moving shadow of herself?
Old 2014-03-02, 03:35   Link #1028
vieri32
Banned

Yukio lamentable one of the worst characters of all time is popular with the girls.
Yukio four one hideous eye no personality.
become popular with the girls in anime are the same.
vieri32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-02, 23:00   Link #1029
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

So, when will a new season be aired?
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-02, 23:20   Link #1030
Kurohane

When will a reboot air?

Tags
fantasy, shounen