AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-09-26, 00:45   Link #1081
Ilidsor
Angelerator

So now that NT8 has happened... What next?

My money is on the next volume begins with everyone in a sort of alternate reality where they worship Othinus.
Old 2013-09-26, 00:50   Link #1082
Shinhwa
Banned

Yeah I think they will be in an alternate reality. Maybe a world where no one has abilities (where espers and magicians don't exist) and are all normal?

Everyone lives normally and nothing seems off. But then Touma somehow realizes he is in a fake world or something. Either by himself or someone tells him about it.
Old 2013-09-26, 01:00   Link #1083
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

The outcome probably involves finding where IB should touch to restore the world back to its original point.
Old 2013-09-26, 01:04   Link #1084
Shinhwa
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark View Post
The outcome probably involves finding where IB should touch to restore the world back to its original point.
Yeah probably that. I am more worried what happened to Mikoto ;____;
Old 2013-09-26, 01:04   Link #1085
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinhwa View Post
Yeah probably that. I am more worried what happened to Mikoto ;____;
4chan had some uh depressing theories regarding Kamijou. Something about him walking up to some of his friends, like Mikoto and them acting like they don't know him.
Old 2013-09-26, 01:11   Link #1086
Shinhwa
Banned

Quote:
4chan had some uh depressing theories regarding Kamijou. Something about him walking up to some of his friends, like Mikoto and them acting like they don't know him.
Actually that was one theory I was thinking too. Or maybe a world where Touma has failed to save others, where Index has lost her memories and has gone somewhere else or has died, Mikoto and the Sisters has died, and so on. Practically a world where all the achievements Touma has gone through from Vol 1 to NT 8 are actually the opposite: total failures

Alternate Reality. Or really a world where Touma is never involved with Magic or Science and doesn't even have Imagine Breaker and lives as a normal high school student.

Wait doesn't this kind of sound like Suzumiya Haruhi vol 4?
Old 2013-09-26, 01:25   Link #1087
TrueSuffering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinhwa View Post
Actually that was one theory I was thinking too. Or maybe a world where Touma has failed to save others, where Index has lost her memories and has gone somewhere else or has died, Mikoto and the Sisters has died, and so on. Practically a world where all the achievements Touma has gone through from Vol 1 to NT 8 are actually the opposite: total failures

Alternate Reality. Or really a world where Touma is never involved with Magic or Science and doesn't even have Imagine Breaker and lives as a normal high school student.

Wait doesn't this kind of sound like Suzumiya Haruhi vol 4?
That would be... quite something to see. All of them seem horrifying to imagine. A world where his achievements were failures... wait... would that mean Fiamma rules the world and Academy City is destroyed? Or would it be Christianized thanks to the Croce di Pietro? Wouldn't Mikoto be dead from the Graviton Bombing?

So many months until we find out though...
Old 2013-09-26, 01:34   Link #1088
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

So... Othinus' desirable world is where Kamijou is suffering? A sadist to the end...
Old 2013-09-26, 01:46   Link #1089
Shinhwa
Banned

Well I think it is possible the story will go back a few months before any of World War III or God's Right Seat events happened.

But yeah seeing negative things happening to Kamijou in an alternate world would be quite something to see.

Like Touma tries to find his allies but they are either dead or don't know him because Touma never took action.

But really I think a more appropriate story would be where Touma just lives as a normal high school student, losing his memories of what happened in NT8 or beforehand, and just lives as a normal high school student. Then someone (maybe Ollerus) approaches him, asking him if he is fine with how things are going on right now and such. Where Touma wonders what he was talking about then after he gains his memories back of what happened in NT8. Then he tries to find clues and the place to make things right. Then in NT10 we see Touma and the others back in the scene from NT8, where instead of the world ending, Touma is able to stop Othinus.
Old 2013-09-26, 01:51   Link #1090
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

So kind of like something where he doesn't realize it till a 'trigger' hits him?
Old 2013-09-26, 02:04   Link #1091
Shinhwa
Banned

Quote:
So kind of like something where he doesn't realize it till a 'trigger' hits him?
Pretty much. Like let's say Imagine Breaker suddenly stops working in this alternate world and lays dormant until Touma realizes things are wrong in the world or something.
Old 2013-09-26, 02:14   Link #1092
Doc Astaroth

My guess:

In NT 9 the story will start with a new female protagonist, who lives in a world where Academy City never existed. She notices some strange occurences and investigates. She is attacked and suddenly, some of the background characters appears and reveals himself to be Touma.

The protagonist however turns out to be... Othinius herself!

As it turns out, whenever you try to change the world with magic, the world kicks back and everything is going to stay the same. That's the reason, why magic is only used in secret and until now, no magican has conquered the world.

Aleister's plan is to find a way around this law, by changing Heaven (the laws that govern how magic works) before changing Earth.

Alternative: Touma wakes up, has his memories, but is a woman now. GENDER BENDER UNIVERSE, HO!
Old 2013-09-26, 02:19   Link #1093
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Touma is in his own dream of despair. He might not able to use his IB unless if he wasn't sleeping.
Old 2013-09-26, 02:25   Link #1094
Shinhwa
Banned

I really think an alternate world where Touma despairs would be interesting.
Old 2013-09-26, 02:39   Link #1095
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

If Othinius said she now infinite possibility to win even if she loses and why IB 's existence is threat to her , as Ollures stated .. so if this is physics then ....

Old 2013-09-26, 02:48   Link #1096
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

I bet Othinus will just change the rules of reality, not actually destroy the world...

For all the people saying otherwise, HAH.

She seems too complicated a character for me otherwise who so desperately wants to change the world than to just make herself supreme ruler of the world.

Furthermore, when people in Volume 8 were speculating about what would happen if she rose to power, they said that it would start out ok but then spiral into being a problem. So I am guessing that in the end Othinus will not actually be a tyrant.

Also this idea was stolen from Reality Breaker so it isn't mine

Though I was thinking along the same lines originally because of what seemed to be right, so I support his theory!

Lastly, I think shifting the gears of the world was exactly what Aleister was doing anyway... as Fiamma asked him... so I don't think this will be any different. In the end, Othinus might be doing exactly what Aleister wants her to be doing.

Maybe he'll use some spell to make her fairy powers be usurped by his own or something. Or maybe Fraulein will eat her?...

Either way, this new speculation zone is so beautiful that I am in heaven.
Old 2013-09-26, 03:30   Link #1097
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

hm I hope NT 9 brings more focus to Fiamma and about what he's been doing
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Old 2013-09-26, 04:07   Link #1098
whitecloud

The same as my take i guess...touma as the world "reference point" should be the only one to realize if something is wrong, if the alternate reality is happening, with maybe aleister and aiwass, since they are in their own artificial heaven that is academy city AIM,

If othinus trully want to change the world for the better, by destroying magic, she probably seal her own ability and memory as well....if the alternate reality theory is true the reason touma want to return it to normal, is most likely that after several chapter of being content with his life, aleister decidedly try to make use of the situation to his benefit, causing a great tragedy that touma, cannot stop alone, thus decide to unseal othinus power and memory that living as a normal girl, near touma...in the end we will get a kind of bittersweet ending of othinus treating the ordinary life as a sweet dream she will never get and touma promise to protect her and make sure she will get it someday...de javu anyone?
Old 2013-09-26, 06:18   Link #1099
R.LocK
My turn

Inb4, next volume will be about Touma's past. Or just about him floating in Abyss like Ryougi Shiki.
Old 2013-09-26, 06:39   Link #1100
zaeraal

^I was thinking about a motive like the Babylon Gate used in Shaman King.
Spoiler for Shaman King:
Something like that, Touma and Aleister meet in that void, unnafected by it, both agree to cooperate to destroy it and Aiwass later devours Othinus' powers.
Closed Thread

Tags
novel predictions