AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2008-10-22, 14:09   Link #401
Max Thrillington
Captain of Industry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom-Takaya View Post
In the tank, which is its liquid state, yes. But once it leaves the vehicle in it's gaseous state, it becomes highly flammable, which is risky enough if it were to be ignited once it leaves the engine/vehicle during an accident. There's other factors, such as pressure, that can also affect the tank(s), itself(themselves).
LOL

Then you've failed chemistry.

N2O has 2 nitrogen molecules and 1 oxygen molecule. The nitrogen acts a buffer which is why the oxygen doesn't ignite at room temperature. Nitrogen is also 80% of the earth's atmosphere which is why the planet doesn't go up in a ball of fire when we light something. Nitrous produces power not because it burns, it produces power because the nitrogen molecules breaks down at high temperature and leaves only oxygen molecules. hence why it's an oxidizer.

Gasoline is a much more flammable, and there's a huge tank of it sitting underneath your car.
Max Thrillington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-22, 15:27   Link #402
mg1942

NOS FAQS
http://www.nightrider.com/biketech/nos01.htm
mg1942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-22, 17:37   Link #403
Ryougi Shiki
私, オレ, lines of origin

Quote:
Oh. Well, sorry for completely forgetting about force induction = FI. I don't do acronyms as you can tell. But that's fine. I'm not in it for the whole "respect" portion of it unless you're putting a dent on my car. And no, I don't really care for NOS. I've heard enough bad things about it that I'd stay away from it as much as I can. I can deal with getting injured and paying for thousands of dollars in accidents, but I don't want to have to deal with the higher risk of being roasted alive as well.

In either case, like I said, for now, I'm done with the whole setup. Being the fastest in a straight line is not that interesting to me anymore.

As for the S2000, in my point of view, the car is too "attractive" to people's eyes. Not at all what I want.

You can always contest it. From the amount of the fine, it sounds like he was ticketing you for going 30 miles (though I can be wrong) over the speed limit, so you can always plead that he clocked you when you had been able to visually read the sign and was proceeding to decelerate. Also, ask him to show you the locations that his speed gun clocked you at and to show you paperwork proving that the speed gun was in perfect working order that day. And also, make sure the citation code he gave you was correct down to the letter. Of course, you can always use that after trying this first: After appealing, you typically will get a court date in the mail. I don't know how much time they give you before having to go to court, but a week before the court date, ask for it to be rescheduled and make up a good excuse, then repeat. Keep doing this for as long as you can. Then try pleading your case. The reason why you should drag out the court date for as long as possible is because the officer will have to keep readjusting his schedule to meet the court date and he may eventually give up. The longer it takes, the less worthwhile it becomes for the officer. The only thing you can hope for is that when you finally decide to simply show up for court, it's not on the day that someone else had scheduled their court date that the same officer had ticketed.

This is worthless, because I was forced to attend court anyway. I couldn't postpone it more than once.

So I went to court, presented my side and why I was speeding (when asked), and I got minimum sentencing. Which was 500 dollars and 36 hours of community service.

The maximum sentence involves 1000 dollars and TIME in JAIL so I'm happy that it turned out this way anyway. Look, the district has been having problems with speeding so they make all 30+ mph tickets a mandatory court appearance.

And I own a Subaru Legacy station wagon. It's completely not flashy.
@ other post
Old 2008-10-22, 19:13   Link #404
FLCL
I've been Kawarolled

Send a message via AIM to FLCL
how fast were you going, when i get pulled over im extremely respectful to law enforcement and have gotten out of many tickets doing so. Best of luck.

IF you have this so called built engine phantom, it can easily handle the high temp. of nos when it is used. hood picks...how is an s2k too attractive when you have a knockoff WRC evo/sti hood.
FLCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-22, 19:24   Link #405
Max Thrillington
Captain of Industry

should have hired a lawyer... cost like $75.
Old 2008-10-22, 23:38   Link #406
Ryougi Shiki
私, オレ, lines of origin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Thrillington View Post
should have hired a lawyer... cost like $75.
i was in the wrong, why the fuck would I do that
Old 2008-10-22, 23:51   Link #407
Max Thrillington
Captain of Industry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryougi Shiki View Post
Because they can get you off the hook regardless?

But hey if you wanna pay $500 and scrub toilets for a weekend, that's your prerogative.
Old 2008-10-23, 01:22   Link #408
FLCL
I've been Kawarolled

yep pretty much spend 75 to save 425+time which= money
Old 2008-10-23, 02:23   Link #409
Phantom-Takaya
INTJ
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via MSN to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via Yahoo to Phantom-Takaya
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLCL View Post
IF you have this so called built engine phantom, it can easily handle the high temp. of nos when it is used. hood picks...how is an s2k too attractive when you have a knockoff WRC evo/sti hood.
So, we're going from "less respect" to just plain disrespectful now? Honestly, I'm not sure whether or not you're just trying to press buttons. The whole "look down on others" thing is a tad...well, I'll leave that sentence unfinished.

But, to answer your question, it's because if I were to purchase the said S2000, give it a carbon fiber hood and other things that are not as obvious to lighten the body, it becomes more of an eye catcher to the police than my Civic. Even without the hood, it's already seen as a "sports car" by the police and insurance. At least the Civic manages to get below the radar a little better.
Phantom-Takaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-23, 14:55   Link #410
Ryougi Shiki
私, オレ, lines of origin

Quote:
yep pretty much spend 75 to save 425+time which= money
I didn't have time. I had to move to another city around this time for university, and I wasn't about to fuck up my plans for education just to get around a speeding ticket.

Quote:
Because they can get you off the hook regardless?

But hey if you wanna pay $500 and scrub toilets for a weekend, that's your prerogative.
I already did both of those.

And my community service was using a lawnmower at a local school. Nothing big.
Old 2008-10-23, 15:51   Link #411
FLCL
I've been Kawarolled

you still fail to provide a hood shot to prove this twin charged setup

ive dealt with SC's and Turbo's gallore on honda motors, theyre is hardly room for one room without massive firewall bending, let alone a turbo and SC.

um, last time i checked exterior modified civics get way more attention than stock looking/CF oem hooded S2ks.

I'm not meaning to be disrespectful, but you've already raised many red flags with your lack of knowledge with some pretty basic automotive mechanics and how things work.
Old 2008-10-23, 18:31   Link #412
Superchop
Lord Sesshoumaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryougi Shiki View Post
Regardless if you did or didn't it's always nice to have a lawyer to help reduce your sentence.

I don't know how it is over where you live but here in Jersey points on a license tend to stick with you for a very long time and they increase insurance rates drastically.

A few years ago i got ticketed for Careless driving, Tailgating and doing 45 in a 25 all in one night (don't ask...it was a moment of stupidity) which was 2, 5 and 4 points respectively. Now...I know what i did, I had no excuses to why i did it like i told the officer that pulled me over but that still doesn't mean that I didn't hire a lawyer to help reduce my penalties. Granted I wasn't gonna take the tickets to trial cause if i did chances are i would lose that fight, but by hiring the lawyer he got the courts to lower my points to just 5 points for all 3 tickets and i just had to pay a slightly higher fine.

Which if you ask me is well worth the effort just because having 5 points on the license is a lot better then 11 (actually just 1 point shy of having my license suspended here). In your case, you got a decently small sentence, which a lawyer might've helped lower especially considering that it was your first offense so it might not've helped much but never rule out bringing a lawyer into court with you even if you are completely at fault.
Superchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-24, 02:27   Link #413
Phantom-Takaya
INTJ
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via MSN to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via Yahoo to Phantom-Takaya
I had a feeling I was being baited and reeled into trying to force me to show pictures of what (or at least was) under my hood. But, I'll be a sport by offering this; My team is planning to do a roadtrip all over the US summer of next year. I'd say around July-September-ish. We're still ironing out the plan. I'll be with them. I may not have the same setup anymore, but we can meet up with you and I'll show you what I have, but only after we're done with the races in your area.

Quote:
um, last time i checked exterior modified civics get way more attention than stock looking/CF oem hooded S2ks.
Uh, I never said the S2000's, if I were to get one, the hood would not remain OEM looking. I'd still go for the carbon fiber hood. So, of course it would get attention. Now, if they both had no exterior "modifications," then of course the S2000 would attract more attention. Plus, like I said before, the insurance would be higher for the S2000 than the Civic either way. And also, if the police had to choose between the two with carbon fiber hoods that may or may not appear to be a simple black OEM hood or a carbon fiber one, they would more than likely go for the S2000.
Old 2008-10-24, 12:25   Link #414
FLCL
I've been Kawarolled

lol ru jk

fine i-70/i-25 denver area i will crush you guys

in all honesty ive provided 2 engine/hood shots...im still calling your bluff

im curious i just looked at your car pic you posted...where is your FMIC, there isnt room for a TMIC or SMIC in honda bays. the SC assembly itself blocks all room for a SMIC and TMIC.

and cheaper? maybe if your insuring it without telling them about mods....if you insured telling them the cost in mods, no way in hell would it be cheaper than a s2k. s2ks are reaching the price of just your mods combined. not only your car.
Old 2008-10-25, 01:56   Link #415
Phantom-Takaya
INTJ
*IT Support

Quote:
lol ru jk

fine i-70/i-25 denver area i will crush you guys

in all honesty ive provided 2 engine/hood shots...im still calling your bluff
Fine with me, though I wasn't expecting a race. I suppose I won't mind as long as it's not the boring drag racing, or I'll end up handing the race over to one of my other teammates who wouldn't mind drag racing...though were you expecting to do so on I-70/I-25?

Other than that, you'll have to direct me to the haunted area of Colorado. I've been hearing stories from former residents of that state. Sounds really fun to visit. Such as there's suppose to be some kind of bridge or something where you hear things, yet there's no one or nothing there. Also, I heard there's some kind of house on a hill or something that if you get close enough, park and open your car door, you'll hear something that sounds like a heartbeat.

Quote:
im curious i just looked at your car pic you posted...where is your FMIC, there isnt room for a TMIC or SMIC in honda bays. the SC assembly itself blocks all room for a SMIC and TMIC.
That picture of the car is quite old. It doesn't even have the hood pins or fog lights yet. If you look at the picture carefully, the bumper sticks out farther than the stock bumper, giving it room for the IC, though I was told that there were some cutting and welding involved. The most obvious cutting they did was for the IM since the frame for the radiator was fairly visible if you just lift the hood by two to three inches. Overall, there were a lot of work done after that picture. That picture was taken by one of my teammates as a "Wow, I'm going to immortalize the new look of your car since it gives off a whole new personality!"

Quote:
and cheaper? maybe if your insuring it without telling them about mods....if you insured telling them the cost in mods, no way in hell would it be cheaper than a s2k. s2ks are reaching the price of just your mods combined. not only your car.
Right. I can understand why it's important to tell the insurance company about the mods, but most insurance companies would turn away from covering these types of cars unless they jack up the price to ungodly amounts. So, of course it would be best that I simply let them insure it stock. By my insurance company's standards, my Civic is classified under "economy cars" while an S2000 is classified under "sports cars." That's quite a big difference in cost. Besides, I can just talk to the people working on my car [after an accident] to, although they included the cost of the parts to the insurance, hold of purchasing certain parts and simply offset the amount of money it would have cost them to purchase to the aftermarket parts I'll personally purchase and provide them. That way, instead of paying a deductible, I actually get money back.

Though, I'm not sure why you're comparing a modded Civic to a stock S2000 in terms of sales price. Of course a stock S2000 would cost less. It has yet to be modified. Apples and oranges. Plus, I never said that my Civic has a D17, which I'm presuming is what this is based on.
Old 2008-10-25, 12:52   Link #416
Max Thrillington
Captain of Industry

Quote:
I had a feeling I was being baited and reeled into trying to force me to show pictures of what (or at least was) under my hood. But, I'll be a sport by offering this; My team is planning to do a roadtrip all over the US summer of next year. I'd say around July-September-ish. We're still ironing out the plan. I'll be with them. I may not have the same setup anymore, but we can meet up with you and I'll show you what I have, but only after we're done with the races in your area.
Well you said you had a twincharger, then you aid you took it off for a built NA motor, you said you converted the car to RWD. If you wanted this to be a secret you could have simply left us in the dark.

BTW that sounds like a plot ripped from Initial D 4th Stage.
Old 2008-10-25, 15:20   Link #417
FLCL
I've been Kawarolled

agreed

seriously hood pic or out.

Im getting a WRC rally roof scoop and vent and deleting my A/C its mad jdm yo
Old 2008-10-25, 19:16   Link #418
Phantom-Takaya
INTJ
*IT Support

Quote:
Well you said you had a twincharger, then you aid you took it off for a built NA motor, you said you converted the car to RWD. If you wanted this to be a secret you could have simply left us in the dark.

BTW that sounds like a plot ripped from Initial D 4th Stage.
Yes, I should have. I'll agree. But, since it's out, though I'm pretty sure not much people outside of this forum will know about it just yet, I'm not too worried about it.

But, just to clarify, I didn't just remove the twincharger. I also removed the high-mileage K and bought a new one, then reworked it from there.

But, believe what you want.
Old 2008-10-26, 16:58   Link #419
FLCL
I've been Kawarolled

so essentially, i couldve said i had a 4000 whip nosed, twin charged, pt150 quadruple turboed 4 cylinder and your expecting me to believe you had what essentially adds up to the same thing in my eyes.

Furthermore i think you should say your auto mechanic worked on it...if you seriously dont know what FI is....that isnt exactly endearing to your mechanical skills.
Old 2008-10-27, 06:37   Link #420
Phantom-Takaya
INTJ
*IT Support

Quote:
so essentially, i couldve said i had a 4000 whip nosed, twin charged, pt150 quadruple turboed 4 cylinder and your expecting me to believe you had what essentially adds up to the same thing in my eyes.
Nope. That's not what I said, but I guess that's what you assumed.

Quote:
Furthermore i think you should say your auto mechanic worked on it...if you seriously dont know what FI is....that isnt exactly endearing to your mechanical skills.
I -did- say my mechanic worked on it. (See previous posts.) But, at least my mechanic was cool enough to let me put on some overalls and gloves, and help him with some things that weren't too difficult or complicated to do, while explaining some things to me. It doesn't mean I absorbed and/or understood everything he told me. So, if anything, I can at least say things like, "Hey, I helped put in my turbo, but don't expect me how or why it was put in the way it was put in. That's a question for the mechanic."