AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-07-25, 12:37   Link #301
molitar

Just finished watching episode 2 and I was thinking Vampires myself at first but than do their vampires able to come out during the day? Megumi's friend met one during the day. Appears it maybe something more than Vampires.. and they said bug bites.. I'm sure the doctor could tell a bug bite from something like teeth or pierce marks like a vampire or animal.

Ok on to episode 3 and the doctor is an idiot. He calls them bug bites.. they don't even look like bug bites has he never heard the story of Vampires at all?

Last edited by molitar; 2010-07-25 at 12:52.
molitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-25, 13:41   Link #302
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by molitar View Post
Just finished watching episode 2 and I was thinking Vampires myself at first but than do their vampires able to come out during the day? Megumi's friend met one during the day. Appears it maybe something more than Vampires.. and they said bug bites.. I'm sure the doctor could tell a bug bite from something like teeth or pierce marks like a vampire or animal.
Spoiler:
Old 2010-07-25, 14:06   Link #303
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Ok on to episode 3 and the doctor is an idiot. He calls them bug bites.. they don't even look like bug bites has he never heard the story of Vampires at all?
Seeing as though vampires should only be of fiction, it's the last thing he's going to think about.
Old 2010-07-25, 14:33   Link #304
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
What I don't get, though, is why he gave up on Nao so quickly. I would have liked to know why exactly. I can only assume he performed a blood transfusion or anything else that may have helped off screen, and it didn't work.
What i don't get is why he even let Nao go home the first time she came to see him - she looked like a walking corpse ready to keel over if a stronger wind blew, and we have deaths piling up from people with apparently similar symptoms. She practically screamed Megumi v2 and should have been put in a hospital's bed under watch, not sent home with a couple of vitamin pills
Old 2010-07-25, 18:52   Link #305
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Seeing as though vampires should only be of fiction, it's the last thing he's going to think about.
Ah, but some versions aren't just fiction now. Clinical vampirism, vampire lifestyle.

Either way, you have a serial killer who "thinks" he is a vampire.

Quote:

Well, you do have daywalkers (vampires that are immune to sunlight.). Blade is a famous one.

Last edited by orion; 2010-07-25 at 19:04.
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-25, 18:59   Link #306
PzIVf3

This Europeans people are they the real enemies or they went there to looking something we haven't yet seen to prevent future outbreak?
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-25, 20:37   Link #307
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Ok after watching epi 3 I dont know who creeps me out more the doll-like little girl or Masao That kid has some issues.

Loving the pacing of this but I still dont like all the characters, Im still having a hard time figuring out who is who.

Oh Tohru, I think the red flag has just been waved on you...
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-25, 21:57   Link #308
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post

Oh Tohru, I think the red flag has just been waved on you...
But Yuuki is sleeping over. The "BL shield" should protect him.

Yuuki had a harem and didn't know it. Poor guy.
Old 2010-07-25, 22:33   Link #309
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Ah, but some versions aren't just fiction now. Clinical vampirism, vampire lifestyle.

Well, you do have daywalkers (vampires that are immune to sunlight.). Blade is a famous one.
People should understand that Shiki is not nessesary a vampire. (It's a hint)
Old 2010-07-25, 23:54   Link #310
ueXia

I have the OP song stuck in my head since I marathoned this series, why is it SO DAMN GOOD?
ueXia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-26, 00:08   Link #311
Jarmel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I don't think the audience knowing what's happening is a negative thing, necessarily. That's the essence of tragedy as a dramatic model in the classical sense. And it doesn't necessarily mean the characters are stupid - they just don't have the big picture view the audience does. I think the parody elements (and I do think they are there) are winks at the audience, not mockery of the characters.
I think a better comparison would be to watching a horror movie or reading a horror book in that you know this town is going to become a bloodbath but the main characters themselves don't. The vampires are obviously keeping to the shadows right now but it is going to come out sooner or later. These guys have to be some variation of vampires with the huge importance of asking permission to enter the premises. What I'm curious about is if they have hypnosis as well.

The eyes of those two females just creep the crap out of me. They look unnatural even for anime. I am somewhat disappointed in the hair in this show as it just looks poorly animated and drawn.

I have a feeling Masao is going to end up screwing Natsuno at some critical point down the road. The way he despises humans should play a larger role and his hatred of Natsuno is definitely going somewhere.

It was also interesting in that we got to know why the vampires it seems came to this town and also it seemed that the little girl showing up was almost a declaration of war. The priest should know that it's down the street not across.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-26, 00:12   Link #312
-Antares-
Nope.
*Fansubber

You can't really just assume that all vampires have to be that way anyway. Even the most influential vampire, Dracula, is capable of being in the sunlight (at least in Bram Stoker's novel... I have no idea about the thousands of movies/books that used his name). I'm not exactly sure where the thought that they melt or whatever in light came from, but it certainly isn't a universal thing.

But enough of that. This is the only show I'm watching this season, as none of the other airing anime caught my interest. The first episode really grabbed me with its atmosphere and music, and having seen episode 3, I'm glad that those two things don't seem to be changing any time soon. Really looking forward to how things go from here.

You people don't actually talk to each other, do you? No way you could be this dysfunctional as a team and contradict each other if you did. Power trips not appreciated regardless.
-Antares- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-26, 02:43   Link #313
Sigsig

Ok, so what we got a far --
1. All the victims (at least we know of) invited the new family (Kirishikis) into their houses, and then got ill and died
So we can assume that you have to invite them into your house, or they can't enter

2. Masao might be a minion of the new family, or might be completely unrelated and just have some problem with his brain :x He told Nao that she will regret, and look what happened to her now? Moreover, he does gives the kind of creepy villain vibes
Also, there was this bgm playing when Masao saw Yuuki in the car -- could this be related?

3. Yuuki feels he's being watched at night; so he can't sleep well. He may or may not be sensitive to supernatural stuff, as he may just be paranoid since none of the other victims experienced someone watching them (they didn't get spied on by the deceased anyway)
Sigsig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-26, 03:26   Link #314
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post

All i'm saying is that a professional Doctor wouldn't take into consideration that a Vampire could be behind those bite marks. That's all.
Old 2010-07-26, 08:27   Link #315
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigsig View Post
3. Yuuki feels he's being watched at night; so he can't sleep well. He may or may not be sensitive to supernatural stuff, as he may just be paranoid since none of the other victims experienced someone watching them (they didn't get spied on by the deceased anyway)
Maybe Megumi has returned from the dead as a vampire and is still stalking Yuuki.
Old 2010-07-26, 20:11   Link #316
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Maybe Megumi has returned from the dead as a vampire and is still stalking Yuuki.
Megumi... stalking from the grave!

That would be so funny to see. How lame can the girl get. She couldn't move on not even after she died. I so wanna see this!

Hope we some more of Sunako. She's more interesting than her mother.
Old 2010-07-26, 20:25   Link #317
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
All i'm saying is that a professional Doctor wouldn't take into consideration that a Vampire could be behind those bite marks. That's all.
Exactly. "When you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras."

I learned that on Law & Order: SVU
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-26, 20:32   Link #318
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBOvenGuy View Post
Exactly. "When you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras."

I learned that on Law & Order: SVU
Unless you're in Africa....

You have lots of deaths, puncture marks on at least one of the victim...

Clinical vampirism would be a top contender. Labs are supporting bloodletting. Of course, the guy failed as a doctor for not properly treating a shock victim. The only thing we need to know is the family's driving route. If they didn't come close to the first cases, then someone else fueled the early deaths. Plus, someone in town destroyed those religious statues before the family arrived.

I'd be investing in garlic, finding some holy water, making a few wooden stakes and packing my bags to get the hell out of town as fast as I could.

Last edited by orion; 2010-07-26 at 20:43.
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-26, 20:32   Link #319
Jarmel

Actually I like that the doctor is viewing this scientifically and not jumping to insane conclusions. What I am surprised about is that he hasn't called it in as a full blown epidemic at this point especially as he has no clue what's causing this. My first reaction would be a virus being spread around by bugs in the forest.

Remember that we're talking about something that doesn't have any prior history in their world. It's not like vampires are well known like True Blood or something. I can't even begin to imagine the reaction if a doctor suggested something like this was caused by vampires, he would be laughed out of the AAFP or whatever medical association he belongs to.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-26, 20:53   Link #320
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmel View Post
Actually I like that the doctor is viewing this scientifically and not jumping to insane conclusions. What I am surprised about is that he hasn't called it in as a full blown epidemic at this point especially as he has no clue what's causing this. My first reaction would be a virus being spread around by bugs in the forest.
It's not infectious. He has the labs. Labs say bloodletting. This is why he can't rationalize it. And unfortunately, doctors are suppose to be open to any cause as anemia is just a symptom and not the cause of the problem.

He got into his routine of assigning probable cause of death without confirming it and now he has a big problem on his hands. The way he was treating how people die was the way animals used to get treated here. It doesn't happen that way now as pets are autopsied in some cases. Like he said Megumi died from heart failure. Well that's all well and good but secondary to what especially in a teen who was previously normal. And those elderly dying of summer colds....

He'd have his license revoked here for the way he is practicing medicine.

Tags
horror, shounen, supernatural, vampire