AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2010-12-13, 20:05   Link #101
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Quote:
Why exactly? If people want to see two brothers going at it give it to them.
Because of things like morality. I know its old-fashioned, but c'mon. Having a sense of Freedom doesn't exempt anyone to a sense of Morality and Responsibility.

Quote:
You're starting to sound like you agree with him. I might be reading it wrong, but that's the impression you're giving.
Just because I reference pedos? Is this how shortsighted and pessimistic people have become? All I am saying is that studios have to prove this guy wrong by doing away with senseless fanservice and bombarding us with 'moe' all the time.
Old 2010-12-13, 20:07   Link #102
Revenger1589
otaku against own will

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
Because of things like morality. I know its old-fashioned, but c'mon. Having a sense of Freedom doesn't exempt anyone to a sense of Morality and Responsibility.
So how exactly does a cartoon affects the morality of a country?
Revenger1589 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-13, 20:08   Link #103
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Just because I reference pedos? Is this how shortsighted and pessimist people have become?
No, because the post gives the impression that you're casting the entire anime community in that light.

Quote:
All I am saying is that studios have to prove this guy wrong by doing away with senseless fanservice and bombarding us with 'moe' all the time
This sounds more like your personal agenda, though.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-13, 20:09   Link #104
Qikz

So wait, what does this mean for the wonderful shows like Soraoto and To-Love Ru? The way I see anime, is that it's all hand drawn to look attractive, I mean. I wouldn't watch an anime like Soraoto then go outside and want to go find a schoolgirl to hit on, since it's not real and does it even count with Ikaros since she isn't even human?
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-13, 20:10   Link #105
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Quote:
No, because the post gives the impression that you're casting the entire anime community in that light.
Just because I told it as what i think it is? All I'm asking is all of us have a freedom to do something, but that doesn't excuse us from having our moral standards.
Old 2010-12-13, 20:10   Link #106
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
freedom of expression should prevail over morality, imho.
Old 2010-12-13, 20:11   Link #107
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Yeah, I don't disagree with the standpoint of people who say that fanservice is running a bit amok, even though I like fanservice myself, but it's hard to see aeriole's recent few posts there as more than the usual anti-fanservice rants that pop up every now and then. It doesn't help when he starts throwing around words like "pessimistic" and "shortsighted" when people disagree with him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qikz View Post
So wait, what does this mean for the wonderful shows like Soraoto and To-Love Ru? The way I see anime, is that it's all hand drawn to look attractive, I mean. I wouldn't watch an anime like Soraoto then go outside and want to go find a schoolgirl to hit on, since it's not real and does it even count with Ikaros since she isn't even human?
Well the way the bill is looking is that for now those shows will be fine, but when July '11 hits and it's implemented, their DVDs are going to be labeled R-18 and the sales limited, which will obviously hurt their income.
Old 2010-12-13, 20:12   Link #108
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Quote:
freedom of expression should prevail over morality, imho.
Now that's just perfect, I believe that the guy who passed this bill was doing that exactly. Getting his Freedom of Expression over the morality of others.
Old 2010-12-13, 20:13   Link #109
Dragonar Fan
HI-RISE BOMBEERRR!!!

Well I can say this will Definitly hurt Go Nagai & his works, well at least J.C.P.T. is against it,
Old 2010-12-13, 20:13   Link #110
GDB

Quote:
That is just short-sighted. A change begins in a moment.
And takes years to take effect. The bill took all of a month to get into play. You cannot change an industry overnight, and that's the issue. You can't just go and say "prove them that you don't need fetish then!", and expect that to mean anything. If this bill comes into effect, it'll be "prove them right (that it's not needed), or go bankrupt". With how bad Japan's economy is, I didn't think they'd want to take any hits at the moment.

Quote:
Which is why the term was, more on the story... not on the flesh.
Completely missed the point there, you did.

Quote:
So we'd just be proving what this vindictive politician is advocating. That anime is powered by pedos who want to get everything they want by buying them. Why not combat him with some spine and show him that it isn't like this?
Wow, way to associate anyone who likes fanservice with pedophiles. You're sure proving yourself to be quite ignorant.

You obviously also do not understand economics. You don't force a product into a market that will not buy it. You put products on the market that will be purchased. Consumers aren't likely to buy things just because they're there. It's on the consumer, not the industry.

Quote:
Zealots can be percieved as right though. If we still stoop to this quality of less storytelling, more moe. we will.
There's plenty of good storytelling going on. Just because you can't see the story for the moe doesn't mean it's not there.

Quote:
Morals are subjective. Who are you to decide what's moral and what isn't? In fact, it's quite immoral of you to try and oppress others like that.

Quote:
Just because I reference pedos? Is this how shortsighted and pessimistic people have become? All I am saying is that studios have to prove this guy wrong by doing away with senseless fanservice and bombarding us with 'moe' all the time.
Because you associate anyone who likes fanservice or moe as being a pedo. That's rather shortsighted yourself, you know.

Quote:
Now that's just perfect, I believe that the guy who passed this bill was doing that exactly. Getting his Freedom of Expression over the morality of others.
No, it's actually the opposite. He's pushing his morality on others at the expense of their freedom of expression.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-13, 20:13   Link #111
Revenger1589
otaku against own will

Quote:
0/10 trolling is an art.
Revenger1589 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-13, 20:14   Link #112
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

First of all, what happens in fiction stays in fiction; what you do that "is contributed" by exposure to fiction is actually yours to blame and is not the fault of the fiction.

You can't just say that moral standards should also apply to anime because anime is an ART. It simply doesn't want itself to be constrained by laws and will make its own laws in the end.

~~~~~

This is the way the world ends
Not with a bang, but with a whimper

"The Hollow Men," by T.S. Eliot (1925)

How ironic, that a 2010 anime series posted this quote in the last episode.

Quote:
it's hard to see aeriole's recent few posts there as more than the usual anti-fanservice rants that pop up every now and then.
Somewhat reminds me of roriconfan.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-13, 20:17   Link #113
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
no, 'cause his freedom of expression is potentially harming other's freedom of expression.

morality in fiction should not exist. I'd say it should be banned.

In real life is another matter, though.
Old 2010-12-13, 20:21   Link #114
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Quote:
Because you associate anyone who likes fanservice or moe as being a pedo. That's rather shortsighted yourself, you know.
Umm... Where have I said it straightly. All I'm playing with is the fact that the man who opposes that thinks like what you are saying to be my description. By shifting the philosophy of making anime, we should prove him wrong by that regard. In no way was I trying to direct an attack on anime fans, I was simply playing devil's advocate.
Quote:
There's plenty of good storytelling going on. Just because you can't see the story for the moe doesn't mean it's not there.
I know, I am not saying that 'moe' itself is the problem. Titles that have 'moe' and nothing else are a problem. You can tell me series that has good story value but please don't say that things of the first definition don't exist.

Quote:
In real life is another matter, though.
But when real life is affected by these matters. what would you do?

Also, this is a bill, not a law. All I was saying that this bill can still be revised in order to comply to the parties involved. Also, referencing moe and fanservice gets you bad rep lol. Just because you reference doesn't mean you are branding people.
Old 2010-12-13, 20:24   Link #115
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

After facing such a hard time during the financial crisis, you're expecting them to just pick up from that aftermath and return to the usual? It ain't easy.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-13, 20:25   Link #116
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Its vaguely worded... which means it is a poor law which can be selectively enforced. Make enough laws and everyone is a criminal....
That's actually very typical of dictatorships: make enough laws until you reach a point where virtually every single person is able to be considered a criminal under a couple of laws and through little to no fault of their own. Then just selectively enforce the laws thereby creating perfect excuses to send opposition members and other annoying people to jail whenever they start becoming too bothersome.

Quote:
No, it's actually the opposite of that: the bill is trying to impose the morality of a few on the whole thereby limiting everyone's freedom of expression.

Last edited by Dextro; 2010-12-13 at 20:26. Reason: It's a bill, not a law yet
Dextro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-13, 20:30   Link #117
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
But when real life is affected by these matters. what would you do?
you think what he's doing is the right thing, then?
is banning the solution to any problem?
Old 2010-12-13, 20:30   Link #118
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
Japaneses are crazy people. Why would they do this? It is so vague, undefined...

...I just felt like posting.
Old 2010-12-13, 20:32   Link #119
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Quote:
After facing such a hard time during the financial crisis, you're expecting them to just pick up from that aftermath and return to the usual? It ain't easy.
Which is why I think this bill being passed is the beginning of the end to this politician's reign. The options I posted a while ago were the biggest kicks in the gut he can get. By proving him wrong, Anime can get better while he falls. C'mon, we just need the big players to boycott him and we're free.
Quote:
you think what he's doing is the right thing, then?
is banning the solution to any problem?
Hell no, a selection or an academy can just rate things. The members of the academy would be selected by the players themselves.
Old 2010-12-13, 20:34   Link #120
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Also, referencing moe and fanservice gets you bad rep lol. Just because you reference doesn't mean you are branding people.
Your posts still had the air of branding people. The tone of it was casting judgment at people who didn't deserve it or even fit the definition.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote