Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-02, 08:52   Link #9041
Crisu
ISML Kaichō
*IT Support

Wow, it really is hard to jump in a conversation once you're out of it for a whole page or two.

In short, hooray for another planetarian fan. I don't know if Ahasuerus should wait a whole year for an OVA that hasn't been announced yet. He really should play it and get the four hours worth of beauty.

I have two Vietnamese-subbed Lucky Star episodes, but I haven't seen any more. I'm just saving them for novelty's sake, as there's <1% chance my parents would want to watch them. But this would be the only way.

I'm also going to start watching Kamichu! today. (Never knew it was licensed and dubbed. o.o)
Old 2008-07-02, 09:17   Link #9042
seemmeriast

Spoiler for Emerald 5 Votes:
Old 2008-07-02, 09:25   Link #9043
FiREwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by qtipbrit92 View Post
These two don't fit in.

Eh, studio TNK...
If I remember correctly, they were the ones that did School Days and Kyoushiro to Towa no Sora.

I wouldn't have high expectations if it's another of their visual novel adaptations.

Of course, the fact is that most visual novel adaptations aren't very good anyway.
Notables: ef, Kanon 2006, Air, Clannad, ef, Kimi ga Nozomu Eien, Shuffle, KimiKiss, ef, Da Capo, True Tears if counts as a visual novel adaptation...
And then there's 5-ish other ones that were decent or so.
And like 30 that were meh at best.

Oh, and great cast =/= good anime.
Dragonaut, Crystal Blaze, anyone?

Wait, are those screencaps for the anime with the ZOMGRAPE cast?

And you see, last time I fell in love with my brother...

Great news.

By the way, did you get this?

There's no English subs out yet.
There's Vietnamese if you want.

Also, fall is bringing a tale of melodies, Gundam 00's second season, probably Marimite 4th, Vampire Knight's sequel, and probably a lot more stuff I need to see.

As long as it entertains me I'll watch it. Even if I know deep down it's crap. Also, why is the ED so big?

Hitomi Hirada is so great I can loop her songs for hours.

Summer usually sucks for me. I didn't complete any spring shows or get up to date for some. (CD and SE) Fall is probably the only season where I have a show I complete. Laziness. I'm not a very good anime fan.
Old 2008-07-02, 09:43   Link #9044
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiREwing View Post
As long as it entertains me I'll watch it. Even if I know deep down it's crap. Also, why is the ED so big?

Hitomi Hirada is so great I can loop her songs for hours.

Summer usually sucks for me. I didn't complete any spring shows or get up to date for some. (CD and SE) Fall is probably the only season where I have a show I complete. Laziness. I'm not a very good anime fan.
Meh, it's a longer, but not that much longer.
Probably encoded it to be fat and large or something.

And yes, Hitomi Harada is love.
Old 2008-07-02, 09:44   Link #9045
mokuhazushi

So I came into this thing a huge KyoAni fanboy. After a few rounds, it was "who the hell is this Shana character? How can she be ahead of my beloved Haruhi?" I finally rented Shakugan no Shana and watched disk 2 last night.

Shana is OMG moe tsundere. I now understand. Plus she has, like, a trenchcoat and a flaming sword and stuff.

So Saimoe has introduced me to at least one good series that I might not have watched otherwise... Also thinking about checking out Nanoha.
Old 2008-07-02, 09:46   Link #9046
FiREwing

DO IT NOW. WATCH FEITO-CHAN AND NANOHA LOVE EACHOTHER. And yes Shana is moe. She's cool but not GAR unlike some characters. COUGHCOUGHCOUGH.
Old 2008-07-02, 09:52   Link #9047
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
DO IT NOW. WATCH FEITO-CHAN AND NANOHA LOVE EACHOTHER. And yes Shana is moe. She's cool but not GAR unlike some characters. COUGHCOUGHCOUGH.
Yeah, if you liked Shana, you'll probably like Feito and Nanoha, though they aren't tsundere.

Try Zero no Tsukaima and Hayate no Gotoku for some similar characters in series that also share "の" as a particle.

And Rozen Maiden, desu.

I'm not trying to convert you, really.

And you know, the first thing I noticed about your post was this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mokuhazushi View Post
So I came into this thing a huge KyoAni fanboy. After a few rounds, it was "who the hell is this Shana character? How can she be ahead of my beloved Haruhi?" I finally rented Shakugan no Shana and watched disk 2 last night.
But I guess rental shops don't know how much those are worth nowadays.
Steal the dvds, pay the misplacement fee, and then sell those DVD's to otaku for $100's.

EDIT: I'm going to go finish up some stuff from the Spring Season (THANK GOD) now.
EDIT2: Oh yeah, then I'll watch play planetarian.
EDIT3: By the way, you all need to go watch Candy Boy right now.
Old 2008-07-02, 09:54   Link #9048
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

Quote:
so I Came Into This Thing A Huge Kyoani Fanboy. After A Few Rounds, It Was "who The Hell Is This Shana Character? How Can She Be Ahead Of My Beloved Haruhi?" I Finally Rented Shakugan No Shana And Watched Disk 2 Last Night.

Shana Is Omg Moe Tsundere. I Now Understand. Plus She Has, Like, A Trenchcoat And A Flaming Sword And Stuff.

So Saimoe Has Introduced Me To At Least One Good Series That I Might Not Have Watched Otherwise... Also Thinking About Checking Out Nanoha.
Keep Watching Shana Till Your Eyes Bleed Of Moe!!!
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Old 2008-07-02, 10:18   Link #9049
Crisu
ISML Kaichō
*IT Support

Candy Boy is cute yuri.

Though it's strange how Sakuya, the crazy admirer, has the largest bust. She's funny, though.

I don't get Kamichu! episode 2. Yurie becomes a god overnight, and the whole town just goes along with it? I mean stuff in ep1 is a lot of evidence, but ... wow. That was pretty easy to become famous.

And then she just bounces into a world of gods and hangs out with them.

And Ken is such an airhead.

Aw.

Last edited by Crisu; 2008-07-02 at 10:28.
Old 2008-07-02, 10:49   Link #9050
FiREwing

Seto No Hanayome is coming to korea nows. So I'll probably be obssessively watching and crying my eyes out if I hear a unfitting voice.

EDIT: Yurie is adorable. I should go watch Kamichu...

Last edited by FiREwing; 2008-07-02 at 11:10.
Old 2008-07-02, 11:05   Link #9051
kamo

I guess I'm the only one that loves Kyoushiro to Towa no Sora.
I'll watch Akane-Iro, but I really wanted TNK to do Hazama no Uta. ;-;

Quote:
I don't get Kamichu! episode 2. Yurie becomes a god overnight, and the whole town just goes along with it? I mean stuff in ep1 is a lot of evidence, but ... wow. That was pretty easy to become famous.
Matsuri probably beat up everyone that didn't believe her.
Old 2008-07-02, 11:30   Link #9052
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisu View Post
Candy Boy is cute yuri.

Though it's strange how Sakuya, the crazy admirer, has the largest bust. She's funny, though.
I think it's more funny how Sakuya, the loli, has the largest bust.
Quote:
Seto No Hanayome is coming to korea nows. So I'll probably be obssessively watching and crying my eyes out if I hear a unfitting voice.

EDIT: Yurie is adorable. I should go watch Kamichu...
I've always wanted to watch something dubbed in Vietnamese, mainly to see if I could follow it. I've watched French dubs and subs, but since I didn't really speak it much growing up, I couldn't really tell if the dubs were good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamo View Post
I guess I'm the only one that loves Kyoushiro to Towa no Sora.
Yeah, probably.
Setsuna and Kou are hot, though.

I've never really been interested in Kamichu. Romantic comedies and such don't really appeal to me unless they're really funny or if there are giant mecha fights and stuff.

And holy crap, I just found someone on MAL with whom I have 17% compatibility.

Watching Kanokon is making me depressed, so I'm going to play planetarian instead.
See you all in 4-5 hours.

EDIT: Also, I need to fall asleep on Friday night to be able to wake up in the morning on Saturday. If today is Wednesday, how would you advise me to sleep over the next two days to be able to do so?

Depending on whether or not today is what day I think it is, I think I went bed at around 16:00 yesterday.

Last edited by qtipbrit; 2008-07-02 at 11:45.
Old 2008-07-02, 12:23   Link #9053
FiREwing

I'm going to go to sleep too (right now it's 2:30AM) after my friend stops yapping her mouth on skype.

Also, you can't be a loli without being a DFC right? So what's with all this talk of larger chest and smaller chest on a loli? I does not understand.
Old 2008-07-02, 12:47   Link #9054
PhantomRay
~Shoop~Da~Whoop~

Quote:
So Saimoe has introduced me to at least one good series that I might not have watched otherwise... Also thinking about checking out Nanoha.
Your not alone, I found out many good series from this contest. This thread always made me think of '' WHO the HECK is this FATE ?!? beating everyone around ".

Guess it's time to start watching some Nanoha too, starting today to found out why is Fate so moe. ^^

This thread has become better than the suggestion forums in my opinion.
Old 2008-07-02, 12:51   Link #9055
mokuhazushi

Quote:
Kyoushiro to Towa no Sora
That thing was so awful, that I kept watching to see how awful it would get. Then I had to stop because it was so awful.

I was staggered to hear it had been licensed.
Old 2008-07-02, 12:58   Link #9056
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Well first of all I'm glad that this tournament/thread has helped so many people.

@Ahasuerus: I think you do know why I put the "fantasy" part in. You know I hate fantasy and regarding one a masterpiece from that genre must mean that it's really good.

Oh, and yeah I need to catch up on stuff, like Candy Boy.

I don't really like Fate you know.

EDIT: I also received that neutral rep from this thread. I'll just assume that it's good, so thanks!
Old 2008-07-02, 13:51   Link #9057
Eater of All
NOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisu View Post
Aw.
Quote:
Yurie is adorable. I should go watch Kamichu...

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

And wait, isn't there a subbed latter tale game OP? Crescent&Lucky-FS right? Or are you talking about something else? Or have I finally gone insane?

EDIT: Pretty soon this whole thread will have played Planetarian.
Old 2008-07-02, 13:54   Link #9058
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Also, you can't be a loli without being a DFC right? So what's with all this talk of larger chest and smaller chest on a loli? I does not understand.
You can't really be a DFC, unless you're special liek Ruizu:

Actually, it turns out you you can.

And lolis can have boobies, I know girls who are a foot shorter than me and have moderately sizy boobs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
Oh, and yeah I need to catch up on stuff, like Candy Boy.
Yeah, and Nijuu Mensou no Musume.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
EDIT: I also received that neutral rep from this thread. I'll just assume that it's good, so thanks!
Now why would you receive good rep?

I haven't received rep for about two weeks. It's good, because it means I haven't received bad rep for two weeks.

Random Yuuko picture:

Expect a lot of these from now on.
Sorry that it's jpg.
Old 2008-07-02, 14:13   Link #9059
Trisse
Habitual Lurker

Logs in to check how far the thread has progressed in 24 hours...
Brings out a shovel and starts digging responses to previous post.
Ah, there:

Quote:
Originally Posted by qtipbrit92 View Post
hmmm, Overfunk might have.
dkz is another C.C. fan, but Suigintou is his other waifu, so he wouldn't vote agianst her.
And then:
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverFunk View Post
I would have voted C.C.
But remember that I'm not voting as I was disgusted by the main population vote.
So I WAS the only one, after all... figures

Kyoushiro to Towa no Sora...
Quote:
That thing was so awful, that I kept watching to see how awful it would get. Then I had to stop because it was so awful.
Yup, had similar experience. Watched to the end, but I agree it was pretty bad.
Funny thing is, at the beginning I was somewhat confused - everything seemed to be screaming "parody", and yet remained dead serious for some reason. Weird experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahasuerus View Post
@anyone:
Well, you didn't hear it from me, but the off-topicness is what has made this thread not only interesting, entertaining, and progressive, but USEFUL as well. One of the purposes of Saimoe (as I understand it) is to expose people to anime that they haven't seen or experienced, moe or otherwise. It's a huge Anime World out there, and I've discovered a lot of great series through this thread, much of it from off-topicness (like ef, for instance). So don't worry/complain about it as long as the mods don't complain. It's all for the good of the hobby, IMO.
No wonder, really, given the fact that this thread seems to serve similar purpose as the entire "General Anime" subforum And complaining about offtopicness of off-topic stuff seems a little ritual on most forums, it's just a side effect of creative randomness.
Anyway, at least it put Nanoha's back on my "to watch" list (won't be anytime soon, the list is kind of full).
Not to mention I think I learned a thing or two from other people's vote comments...

OK, votes time.
Spoiler for votes:
Old 2008-07-02, 15:00   Link #9060
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trisse View Post
So I WAS the only one, after all... figures
Yeah, probably.
Suigintou is amazing.

Quote:
Yup, had similar experience. Watched to the end, but I agree it was pretty bad.
Funny thing is, at the beginning I was somewhat confused - everything seemed to be screaming "parody", and yet remained dead serious for some reason. Weird experience.
Yeah, so I didn't finish one episode of it.
Luckily, too, since finishing one episode pretty much gives me an obligation to finish it, which means I'll have to get to Dragonaut one day.
Quote:
No wonder, really, given the fact that this thread seems to serve similar purpose as the entire "General Anime" subforum And complaining about offtopicness of off-topic stuff seems a little ritual on most forums, it's just a side effect of creative randomness.
Actually, we cover more than that. There's some Game, Music, Suggestions, General Chat, and episode discussion in here.
Quote:
Anyway, at least it put Nanoha's back on my "to watch" list (won't be anytime soon, the list is kind of full).
Not to mention I think I learned a thing or two from other people's vote comments...
GOOD.

OK, votes time.
[SPOILER="votes"]ARENA 14 Matsuri Shihou (Sola) Shiori Misaka (KN) Abstain from vote
Why voting against Shiori makes me feel like I’m kicking kittens?[/QUOTE]
Someone needs to repost the link to the EFZ video CrowKenobi posted, then you'll know what you're voting against.
Quote:
ARENA 27 Yuno (HS) Suiseiseki (RM) Abstain from vote
No desu?

EDIT: By the way, speech text is a lot slower than other text in planetarian for some reason so when Reverie begins talking with part of the text, she finishes long before the rest of it appears.
Auto is on moderately fast, too.

Someone heelp.

Last edited by qtipbrit; 2008-07-02 at 15:17.
Closed Thread

Tags
i-moe, i-saimoe, isml, saimoe