Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-10-01, 21:53   Link #4821
RavenChild
エリック

Send a message via AIM to RavenChild Send a message via MSN to RavenChild
hobobaggins - i leave for 6 months and come back and nothing has changed. your sigs are the same as always. high quality image, very nice 10/10.

Oneesama - hallo again! same with you, very good detail in the image and also the kazoo club emblem gives it a 10/10. remember this?: http://ravenchild.net/avasig/oneesamab.jpg
Old 2004-10-01, 22:12   Link #4822
SiL Eighty
Lateral G's

Send a message via AIM to SiL Eighty
Wb Raven ^_^ wheres your sig that goes with that av?

ND: Eh dont like it to much. Its to dark and hard to make out the guy you put in there. At first glance it just looks like some blob.

sarcasteak: I miss your old one. I like that witch chick she kicked ass!

MidoriShinobi: By far my favorite yet. I dont know ... but theres something about a girl making out with a pumpkin...... :yum: *looks for pumpkin pie...*

*wth avatar wont load.... *
Old 2004-10-01, 22:13   Link #4823
Oujirou
イルージョン

Send a message via MSN to Oujirou
Oh what an interesting week it has been, oh well, weekend time, now I have time to visit here and read up on so many pages in this thread alone ^_^

Yuiichi - Yay another Subaru sig, always good I'd say, everything seems to fit together nicely. 9.5/10
Necrodeath - Hmm, I just don't see it somehow, even with the source, but maybe...ah nevermind, anyway it looks kind of evil and very dark so I like it 9/10
Bflip - Think I'll have to agree with others that the text is fairly boring. But at first glance I didn't even see it, and I'm sure if you had a fancy font (with no effect) it would be even harder to see. Other than that it's okay besides being a Naruto sig...8/10
Old 2004-10-01, 23:21   Link #4824
sarcasteak
WAHA~

RavenChild - Welcome back! Your avy/sig combo is very pretty and stand out from all the girl-related stuffs everyone else does. 8.8/10

SiL Eighty - I'm having mixing feelings about the orange background for your name and the little cut-outs, but overall I love the coloring in this picture even though I myself was never that fond of Evangelion or cars. 8.7/10

Oujirou - Perfect the first time I saw it. Still perfect. 10/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiL Eighty
sarcasteak: I miss your old one. I like that witch chick she kicked ass!
I know! I liked it a lot too, but progress cannot be made without change... >_<

Last edited by sarcasteak; 2004-10-01 at 23:41.
Old 2004-10-01, 23:25   Link #4825
MikoKikyo

aahhsin there are a bunch prior to that though. Most of these I never saw, they're from the period I took my break from the Forums. No they weren't that bad ^^

Avaj I see you found a good solution to the "peace" problem I like it, and I also like the red border, and how it looks like it's small. I love it all, actually! 10/10

Necrodeath I appreciate abstract art, so I don't mind the fact that I can't tell what's going on there. (Even with the source image, it's hard to decipher >.<)
But I find it too tall for its width. And your name is incredibly hard for me to read, though that might just be my monitor. +1 for the excellent use of pattern in the BG. 8/10

Sarcasteak I agree with everything Avaj said, but the overwhelming chibiness annoys me, but I'll only take two decimals for that 7.8/10

SiL Eighty I love Rei! I'm not too fond of her pose on this particular image though. I like the boxes on the left, the way you did your name, and the color contrast. Looks pretty cool... 8.6/10
Old 2004-10-01, 23:49   Link #4826
SiL Eighty
Lateral G's

Send a message via AIM to SiL Eighty
PriestessKikyo: O_o red.... I like ^_^ I wish the the design in the background stood out a little better though, but other than that this one takes a close 2nd to the Pumpkin eater...... *still looking for a damn pumpkin pie......*

Oh... can someone give me a good site for Fonts.... I need to stop using the this font all the time heh...
Old 2004-10-01, 23:58   Link #4827
sarcasteak
WAHA~

PK - Beautiful corners and brush work, and the picture itself is very pretty. This shade of rosy red I actually like a lot. The K kinda looks like an X, so at first I thought you went l33t. 9.5/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK
Sarcasteak I agree with everything Avaj said, but the overwhelming chibiness annoys me, but I'll only take two decimals for that 7.8/10
Wasn't Avaj rating the Galaxy Angel one? ^_^;;
I hail from the land of chibis~ XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by aahhsin
Sarcasteak = Sister Princess Galore! I don't like them looking in that direction though. I rather have them all looking straight forward, that'll make a much nicer signature. The background is pretty shitty I might add. Just doesn't feel Sister princess like too me. Finally Get rid of that god awful "Harlem No Jutsu". That's quite possibly the worst catchphrase on a signature that I have encountered. It tries to be funny but all it's going to recieve from me is a swift kick in the ass. And there's 12 of them there, my foot is going going to have a workout.

I rather you replace your name with the pathetic Naruto quotage.
Thanks for the feedback! >.<
Well, there's nothing I can do about where they are facing, and I thought it was a good idea to use the same style background as the original pic.

My catchphrase is a failure...darn it. -_-

Last edited by sarcasteak; 2004-10-02 at 00:33. Reason: just because
Old 2004-10-02, 00:11   Link #4828
aahhsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriestessKikyo
aahhsin there are a bunch prior to that though. Most of these I never saw, they're from the period I took my break from the Forums. No they weren't that bad ^^
Any of them you particularly like though?

Princess Kikyo = I can't believe I actually like this one. I don't know if that's my love for you talking or I'm in a rather good mood. The swirls on the right side looks like it's part of her hair which is actually pretty cool. A nice cute girl and a very pretty background. What strikes me in the originality area are the 4 corners and the coloring. It strikes me as a scene of death. As if she's the ex-lover that haunts and torments the boyfriend. (Oh.. Crap....) Very ghost like.

C

Sarcasteak = Sister Princess Galore! I don't like them looking in that direction though. I rather have them all looking straight forward, that'll make a much nicer signature. The background is pretty shitty I might add. Just doesn't feel Sister princess like too me. Finally Get rid of that god awful "Harlem No Jutsu". That's quite possibly the worst catchphrase on a signature that I have encountered. It tries to be funny but all it's going to recieve from me is a swift kick in the ass. And there's 12 of them there, my foot is going going to have a workout.

I rather you replace your name with the pathetic Naruto quotage.

F (You are so lucky it's a Sister Princess signature.)

Sil Eighty = Exactly why in the hell is her arm dislocated? I don't recall Rei having a car (Looks like an Accord with Altezza lights) either. It's a pretty average signature. the boxes with the car parts are ok, nothing new, Necrodeath did something like that too. The font for your name is one I really like, I don't think it should be orange, but instead a nice dark blue. Give a nice new border too. I'm getting sick of the simple Black 2 pixel.

F

RavenChild = I absolutely love the symbolism made from the hexagon. The symbolism I get is that even beautiful people become trapped and yearns to be free. (Which really speaks to me) Which is represented by the non hexagoned flower on the right. Excellent.

Your name could be a bit more crisp and have a very nice outline for it. A good effect for it would be one that Hobbsys uses, a stretch. Or the fade you did for the top line that cuts off on the hexagons, would also be another very interesting effect.

The small box on the right hand corner could be cleaned up a bit too. Don't see why it should be cut.

D

Quote:
@Aahhsin-sama - If this is your current arc, shouldn't there be a sig devoted to Midori?
Go ask Roots.

Last edited by aahhsin; 2004-10-02 at 02:29.
Old 2004-10-02, 08:24   Link #4829
full_metal_31
*anime lova*

Send a message via MSN to full_metal_31
sarcasteak:it's sooo kute! i luv it!...nice pic u chose ^_^...9/10
Old 2004-10-02, 09:04   Link #4830
Yuiichi
Retired.

SiL Eighty: Hrm... yes... a new evangalion sig (if i spelled it right). I like the cutouts you did of the car parts, and the crop you did is alright... but i hate that pose rei is in. Looks awkward to me.. but nothing you can do about it. The text is very well done, but i agree with aahhsin, should be a different colour. 9.3/10

PriestessKikyo: I stand in awe again of your excellence of making uber cute sigs ^_^ I like th soft feel that this sig gives off... it reminds me of downy, the fabric softener... lol. I really have nothing more to say... this is just absolutely beautiful. 10/10

RavenChild: Ooooo... very original ^_^ Your effects are beautiful, and so is the font. You know what this reminds me of.. the "scroll" thingy on the wall in the Redwall cartoons (don't know if any of you have ever watched it). Very nice ^_^ 9.9/10
Old 2004-10-02, 10:35   Link #4831
X-1000
Banned

Yuiichi I think your sig came from the anime .Hack//Sign. Anyway, though it looks simple. The background is cool. That's why Im giving it a score of... 8.5/10
Old 2004-10-02, 10:59   Link #4832
Oujirou
イルージョン

Okay well I give up on this one and need some help. Here's what I got so far:
Spoiler:

full_metal_31 - A nice FFX-2 sig, the image is great and I like the interesting border you used 8.5/10
PriestessKikyo - It's very red/orange, perfect for fall. The girl is cute as always and the feathered border looks nice 9/10
Old 2004-10-02, 12:27   Link #4833
RavenChild
エリック

Send a message via AIM to RavenChild Send a message via MSN to RavenChild
hurray! a new sig for me!!.... well i don't know about it yet i just did this for fun. its ~700k so i would get nuked for using it. http://ravenchild.net/pics/me3ani.gif. i think i just like seeing myself. anyways, the ratings:

Oujirou - 8.5/10, isn't that going a bit too far with the fanservice for a family friendly forum? (not that i don't really mind that anyways)

aahhsin - 7/10, not a very good sig in my opinion but if you could take out the text to the right and make it more rectangular, i think that would fix it right up.
Old 2004-10-02, 12:59   Link #4834
hobbs
nothing 2 do with calvin!

Send a message via AIM to hobbs Send a message via MSN to hobbs Send a message via Yahoo to hobbs
ravenchild: i like it, its not anime *gasp* which is good! its very arty aswell..but.. the font needs improving something needs to be done with it..hehe

*i need to change my sig*
Old 2004-10-02, 13:47   Link #4835
JaXter
-=Anime Lover=-

X-1000 : nice sig pretty blunt but nice 7,5/10

Ojirou: not bad not bad 8/10

Hobbsy: a bit to much inscreen 7/10

Titan: nice sig dont know if its only a screener though 9/10

Sil Eighty : i love Evangelion so pretty nice sig 8/10
Old 2004-10-02, 18:14   Link #4836
MikoKikyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiL Eighty
Oh... can someone give me a good site for Fonts.... I need to stop using the this font all the time heh...
http://dafont.com/en/
After you download it, bring the file into your Adobe Fonts folder

Quote:
Originally Posted by aahhsin
Any of them you particularly like though?
I have to say the Gambit one and the rep one (since you lost *the* cow ), I think they match your style better than the cutesy ones.

RavenChild I'm not digging the source (just flowers), I prefer flowers as an embellishment, not as a main picture. But it's a beautiful image, great patterns, good border and the text works. 8.3/10

X-1000 to me the thick border and the blurred text actually match the atmosphere of the image, so they're ok. It's too tall though, you should make it 160 height, and improve the quality if possible. Looks cool overall 8.6/10

JaXter missing a border and it's way too tall (max height should be 160 pxls). The text is interesting, but I think it'd look better in a corner. 7.5/10

Oujirou - I'm confused. Are you talking about blending options for just the text, or for other effects as well?

I've a question about my quote. Do you guys understand what it's about or is it too obscure outside of the textual content I got it from?
Old 2004-10-02, 18:43   Link #4837
hobbs
nothing 2 do with calvin!

Send a message via AIM to hobbs Send a message via MSN to hobbs Send a message via Yahoo to hobbs
oo

PriestessKikyo: ooo i like it very warm colours! -9/10

here is one i done for another forum, hehe i made it look like my names wrote in the book....sorta

((yaaay to rei))
Old 2004-10-02, 18:43   Link #4838
Oujirou
イルージョン

PriestessKikyo - Probably blending options, but more so the combination of all effects that can be applied to one text layer. I know exactly what I want in my head but I'll manage eventually. I have one of the PS WOW books at my disposal so I'll have to take a glance at that, then I'll try my luck and post something close to what I want.

JaXter - Lets see, it needs a border of some kind (probably something light but distinguishable from the dark colors, perhaps feathered?). You need to get rid of those annoying white bars at the top and bottom (making them transparent wouldn't help). The name text looks like it's being cut off on the bottom, but I agree that it might look better in a corner, or following the shape of the rock it's placed over. Image dimentions are too big (think it's 160 without any text, 120 with), the image size is too large, 30kb with anything over 120 (I think). I like the image and the quote type thing fits in nicely. 6.5/10

X-1000 - First thing I think of is the border (looks slightly feathered) is too big, could just be me. A thinner feathered border might work better. The image is cool tho, I like those kinds of things. Text is kind of blurry and doesn't match the sharpness of the picture but somehow I find it works well. 8/10
Old 2004-10-02, 20:13   Link #4839
X-1000
Banned

Oujirou Hmm, Your sig is so ecchi that even though it's pretty simple(from wat I can see) it still manages to reach a rating of 9.5/10
Old 2004-10-03, 01:05   Link #4840
sarcasteak
WAHA~

hobbsy - Very cute pic and good ideal, but your name stands out a bit too much--it should be more subtle! >_< 8.4/10

Oujirou - I look forward to the text-in-snow effect, but I can tell you it'll be worth the trouble. ^^

X-1000 - Looks like a lich king or death knight...could it be from Warcraft? 8/10
Closed Thread

Tags
rate, signature