Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2012-06-02, 17:23   Link #421
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Spoiler for Episode 22:
Old 2012-06-03, 02:50   Link #422
Vicious108

Man, I really hope the three episodes left will be enough to cover all of the final fights properly. The semifinals of Archer vs Rider and Saber vs Berserker are all but set in stone already, so if each one takes an episode each, that would only leave the final episode for all of Kiritsugu vs Kotomine and Saber vs Gilgamesh, not to mention the aftermath of it all. Will they have enough time to get to Shirou like that? I was hoping they would end it at the scene where Kiritsugu dies and entrusts him with his dream.

Well, since they'll definitely be very action packed episodes, I presume ufotable have things well planned out and will have enough time to cover everything properly.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 08:35   Link #423
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

If it ends, it'll end with Shirou being saved in the fire since Kiritsugu dying is in F/SN.
Old 2012-06-03, 08:45   Link #424
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
Man, I really hope the three episodes left will be enough to cover all of the final fights properly. The semifinals of Archer vs Rider and Saber vs Berserker are all but set in stone already, so if each one takes an episode each, that would only leave the final episode for all of Kiritsugu vs Kotomine and Saber vs Gilgamesh, not to mention the aftermath of it all. Will they have enough time to get to Shirou like that? I was hoping they would end it at the scene where Kiritsugu dies and entrusts him with his dream.

Well, since they'll definitely be very action packed episodes, I presume ufotable have things well planned out and will have enough time to cover everything properly.
Aren't there four episodes left? It should be more than enough to cover the remaining material properly.
Old 2012-06-03, 10:32   Link #425
GDB

No, 25 is the last episode.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 10:36   Link #426
Humbaba

I still hope the last episode will be 40 minutes long, like the very first one.
Old 2012-06-03, 10:50   Link #427
Archer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humbaba View Post
I still hope the last episode will be 40 minutes long, like the very first one.
The blu-ray box contents state that the last three episodes will be normal length. It should be enough to cover the entire finale, though.
Archer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 11:10   Link #428
Ragna92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer View Post
The blu-ray box contents state that the last three episodes will be normal length. It should be enough to cover the entire finale, though.
Kotomine vs Kiritsugu, Gil vs Saber, and the conclusion all in a 24 min episode? I don't see how that's happening.
Ragna92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 12:54   Link #429
mAc Chaos
King of Heroes

inb4 terrible ending episode :<
mAc Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 13:14   Link #430
Grey

I'm dumbfounded with the Irisviel bit at the end. Sure I know Angra Manyu is involved but.... The Grail Vessel mechanics were left a bit vague in the game. So I could only guess at what's symbolism, dream, metaphor, real, or whatever.
Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 13:36   Link #431
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
If it ends, it'll end with Shirou being saved in the fire since Kiritsugu dying is in F/SN.
Well, sure it's in F/SN, but that doesn't change the fact that it makes for the perfect "passing of the torch" moment to conclude the first half of the generational story that is Fate. It seems like the obvious final scene to me, though it wouldn't surprise me if they go with Shirou being saved in the fire instead, to save time and everything.

But I've actually been thinking about how it would be kind of cool if they did a little F/SN montage during the ending credits of F/Z, showing grown up Shirou, Rin, Sakura, Illya, etc. But it probably won't happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragna92 View Post
Kotomine vs Kiritsugu, Gil vs Saber, and the conclusion all in a 24 min episode? I don't see how that's happening.
Well, maybe Rider and Berserker's fights will be done a little earlier than what we're expecting and thus the final fights can begin in the second to last episode. If novel readers are confident three episodes is enough for the material we've got left, it should be okay.

I really hope they don't rush Kariya and Berserker's final stand though. Waver and Rider have received quite a lot of screentime already, so they won't need that much more attention before the conclusion to their subplot (plus the fact that they'll be facing a non-holding back Gil also makes me think their fight will be over a lot sooner than Saber vs Berserker), but Kariya and Berserker appearances have been scarcer, and the latter especially is still rather mysterious, so they'll require more a little more exposure before their end comes for it to be truly effective.
Old 2012-06-03, 15:22   Link #432
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
But I've actually been thinking about how it would be kind of cool if they did a little F/SN montage during the ending credits of F/Z, showing grown up Shirou, Rin, Sakura, Illya, etc. But it probably won't happen.
Or it ends with a "To be continued in 2013.. ufotable presents... Fate/stay night".

I would jump up and down like a school girl if that happened.
Old 2012-06-03, 15:50   Link #433
Vicious108

Quote:
Or it ends with a "To be continued in 2013.. ufotable presents... Fate/stay night".

We all would. And F/SN, as good as it was, could actually use some ufotable-style editing, like their work on Kara no Kyoukai.

By the way, it was nice to see the beginning of Kirei's F/SN view of Kiritsugu in episode 22 of F/Z:

Spoiler:

But could the "his agony was truly unpleasant" line mean Kirei won't even be able to enjoy Kiritsugu's suffering when they finally face each other? So much for a Good End for Kotomine.
Old 2012-06-03, 16:54   Link #434
GDB

Quote:

Agreed, though I kind of want it to be more subtle. Something like the current "Next episode" thing, but with just something like "Senpai, it's time to wake up." You know, something to point toward HF.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 19:44   Link #435
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Agreed, though I kind of want it to be more subtle. Something like the current "Next episode" thing, but with just something like "Senpai, it's time to wake up." You know, something to point toward HF.
Ending with Sakura waking up Shirou... that would be awesome. I think a Fate and UBW anime would be a waste since HF & Tsukihime needs an anime.
Old 2012-06-03, 19:57   Link #436
Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Illya route, to keep up the Emiya and Einzbern story. Give me HF grimness with an UBW-type Shirou.

Best End.
Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 20:56   Link #437
Touko

Quote:
We all would. And F/SN, as good as it was, could actually use some ufotable-style editing, like their work on Kara no Kyoukai.

By the way, it was nice to see the beginning of Kirei's F/SN view of Kiritsugu in episode 22 of F/Z:

Spoiler:

But could the "his agony was truly unpleasant" line mean Kirei won't even be able to enjoy Kiritsugu's suffering when they finally face each other? So much for a Good End for Kotomine.
You will see.
It's just that even Kotomine did not foresee what happened in the end. It did not go according to his plan.
Touko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-08, 22:05   Link #438
Archer

It seems that the Final Episode screening/QA session at Anime Expo is planned to be two hours long, so that might hint that the finale is a double-length. Fingers crossed, I guess.
Archer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-09, 16:34   Link #439
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Geeze that wasn't a fight that was a one-sided massacre.

Quote:
Except I don't see it, because having Gilgamesh is not an "I win" card like you seem to think it was. Otherwise, Gilgamesh would have won in all three FSN routes, and Tokiomi would still be alive. Heck, if Tokiomi had summoned a mediocre but loyal servant like Diarmuid, he would have lasted longer than he actually did
His strength is his flaw. Since he's so damn powerful with one-hit KO weapons he doesn't take things seriously.

If he did he would've won in all routes. Tokiomono's huge mistake was hiding in his hole and playing like an assassin/spy when he should've had Gil just go all out. Keeping him in the shadows and playing games and avoiding confrontation is not Gil's stance. This is why Kiritisugu made Saber go out and do her own thing because he knew they wouldn't work together properly.

The only one I could see matching him is Archer/shirou (because of the trace ability which allows him to copy him) and Saber full power and maybe even berserker.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-09, 16:41   Link #440
HandofFate

I like Gilgamesh in Fate/Zero than Fate/Night routes.
In Fate/Zero he's still super arrogant, but he's more believable, and I think he just wants more friends.

F/Night, he's downright crazy.