AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-02-24, 14:30   Link #2121
Frontier

I doubt the ring was meant for Linda, since Banri's mom knows full well that the girl Banri is dating is not Linda. Would she prefer it to be Linda? Possibly, considering Linda's a family friend and Banri hasn't properly introduced Kouko yet. But Banri's mom knows he's not dating Linda, so giving him a ring with the intention that he'll give it to her is kinda stretching it.

As for Mitsuo and Linda... well, I think Mitsuo deserves some happiness in his romantic life after Kouko completely ruined his chances at a normal love life in high school. I feel he moved on a bit too fast after Chinami rejected him, but considering how it was his first rejection and how bad it was, I can give him a pass. And I doubt he meant any harm to Chinami by pursuing Linda, since he's completely unaware that she may actually have genuine feelings for him.

Though on Linda's part, I can't see things ending well. She doesn't seem to be that interested in Mitsuo, and is bothered by his interest in her to begin with. And considering how she's handled her feelings for Banri, and how she may not have properly moved on yet, I can't really see Mitsuo winning her over.
Old 2014-02-24, 21:22   Link #2122
Apopo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I doubt the ring was meant for Linda, since Banri's mom knows full well that the girl Banri is dating is not Linda. Would she prefer it to be Linda? Possibly, considering Linda's a family friend and Banri hasn't properly introduced Kouko yet. But Banri's mom knows he's not dating Linda, so giving him a ring with the intention that he'll give it to her is kinda stretching it.

As for Mitsuo and Linda... well, I think Mitsuo deserves some happiness in his romantic life after Kouko completely ruined his chances at a normal love life in high school. I feel he moved on a bit too fast after Chinami rejected him, but considering how it was his first rejection and how bad it was, I can give him a pass. And I doubt he meant any harm to Chinami by pursuing Linda, since he's completely unaware that she may actually have genuine feelings for him.

Though on Linda's part, I can't see things ending well. She doesn't seem to be that interested in Mitsuo, and is bothered by his interest in her to begin with. And considering how she's handled her feelings for Banri, and how she may not have properly moved on yet, I can't really see Mitsuo winning her over.

Hi Frontier , It's True? I think in episode 19 Linda seem have interested in Yana , and why she avoid him. but I don't want Linda end up with Yana.
Apopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-25, 03:22   Link #2123
chsz77

Well, the anime adaptation is really bad. The dialogue between Banri and his mom was different in the novel. His mother never said that the ring is for Banri's girlfriend.
She said, "Give this ring to her. Say thank you for always taking care of my son, sorry for detaining you for a long time and please continue to look out for him from here on."

And never forget that the author really loves to make her fans cry.
chsz77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-25, 03:46   Link #2124
7T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chsz77 View Post
Well, the anime adaptation is really bad. The dialogue between Banri and his mom was different in the novel. His mother never said that the ring is for Banri's girlfriend.
She said, "Give this ring to her. Say thank you for always taking care of my son, sorry for detaining you for a long time and please continue to look out for him from here on."

And never forget that the author really loves to make her fans cry.
is it true about the dialogue between Banri and his mom in the novel? can u share the translation of novel vol.7 with me?
if really, it seems that the ring is supposed to linda
7T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-25, 05:53   Link #2125
chsz77

Yeah it's true. And his mother seemed can't believe that Kouko is his girlfriend, even after he showed their picture. She is too beautiful for Banri.
I read it in raw and too lazy to translate it. Sorry.
Old 2014-02-25, 07:16   Link #2126
7T.

Quote:
Yeah it's true. And his mother seemed can't believe that Kouko is his girlfriend, even after he showed their picture. She is too beautiful for Banri.
I read it in raw and too lazy to translate it. Sorry.
in my opinion, the anime adaptation focus on the dialogue between on the Linda and Banri's mom, Banri's mom said this word to Linda in private, so when Banri told Linda the thing's of ring, Linda said that "is it the ring supposed to me?"
sorry for my poor english, i come from Hong Kong and like this anime so much
7T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-25, 08:31   Link #2127
Apopo

but in my opinion, Linda and Banri just a friend not a lover.
Old 2014-02-25, 08:48   Link #2128
chsz77

Well, having your best friend as your girlfriend is wonderful.
Old 2014-02-25, 09:18   Link #2129
Apopo

Quote:
Ha? what do you mean?
Old 2014-02-25, 09:30   Link #2130
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
I don't think you got what he meant. He means that the aura between them is one of close friendship / sibling-like and not romantic.

And responding to your point, I don't think that's necessarily true. You always need a best friend aside from your girlfriend / boyfriend with whom you can talk about topics you can't involve your significant other in (like advice about how to handle your relationship). Let's say hypothetically a person only has one best friend with whom he / she can talk about everything. And this person becomes his / her lover. Well, that would be problematic.
Old 2014-02-25, 11:24   Link #2131
Frontier

Just like Banri and Kouko .

But in all seriousness, Chinami is the closest thing to a best friend Kouko has right now, and having her has likely really helped Kouko out no matter how much she might not want to admit it.

With Chinami, she can discuss her worries and insecurities about her relationship with Banri that she can't bring up to him, for risk of annoying him with her neediness or to make him question her feelings. Chinami is a, generally, nuetral third party who can offer honest advice and critique that Kouko is in dire need of. When you look at it a certain way, having Chinami as her best friend from the beginning rather than Banri would likely have been better for her after Mitsuo's rejection .

Last edited by Frontier; 2014-02-25 at 14:39.
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-25, 16:20   Link #2132
Preciize
Them Feels~

I had always thought that Banri (current or ghost) was the one who was having trouble of getting over Linda, but after watching this episode I get the feeling that Linda is the one who hasn't quite moved on yet.
Old 2014-02-25, 17:03   Link #2133
Znail

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
I don't think you got what he meant. He means that the aura between them is one of close friendship / sibling-like and not romantic.

And responding to your point, I don't think that's necessarily true. You always need a best friend aside from your girlfriend / boyfriend with whom you can talk about topics you can't involve your significant other in (like advice about how to handle your relationship). Let's say hypothetically a person only has one best friend with whom he / she can talk about everything. And this person becomes his / her lover. Well, that would be problematic.
Hmm, I don't know if I agree. I think it's fine if your significant other is the one you can also talk about everything with. It's more like you need other friends and interests too as spending 100% of your free time together is a bit much. But you don't need someone else to talk about your love life problems if you talk to your significant other from the start. Issues are most of the time a lack of communication in the first place.
Znail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-25, 17:27   Link #2134
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znail View Post
Hmm, I don't know if I agree. I think it's fine if your significant other is the one you can also talk about everything with. It's more like you need other friends and interests too as spending 100% of your free time together is a bit much. But you don't need someone else to talk about your love life problems if you talk to your significant other from the start. Issues are most of the time a lack of communication in the first place.
Let's just say a scenario in which you have a big fight with your girlfriend / boyfriend. And now you are unsure of how to approach it in terms of reconciliation. Sometimes a bad approach can have negative consequences, exceeding the damage done initially. In such times a friend with whom you can consult and give you different viewpoints and analysis can be invaluable. Of course the end result is only dependent on the interaction between the two relevant parties, but there are times in which a third person can significantly reduce the bumps along the road.

Or let's say you want to confess to somebody but are insecure in that. In times like these again a best friend can give you mental stability, hear you out and encourage you. If the one you intend to confess is your best friend (and let's say only friend with whom you can have heart-to-heart talk) then the worries are multiplied because you worry about the consequences of a botched confession / rejection.

Now, there are people who are just so secure in their communication and emotional intelligence skills that they don't need this. But more often than not the average person benefits from having a person to entrust worries to. And I don't think you quite got my line of thought. I was not making a definite statement (hence the "necessarily"), but I was responding to the generalized notion that having your best friend as your girlfriend is wonderful, which I don't think is true. That of course doesn't mean that you shouldn't choose your best friend as your girlfriend / boyfriend if you really love him / her.
Old 2014-02-26, 07:43   Link #2135
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

I have been behind 4 episodes and marathon-ed them today

Kouko has established her position as best girlfriend and waifu-candidate ever
it seems like they won't meet any internal problem anymore since they shared everything and loved each other... no more secret
meanwhile, Banri also managed to make up with his past.. and together with Linda has accepted their relation as best friends

the interesting problem is..... jealous Mitsuo, clumsy Linda, and jealous Chinami.... Chinami would be a yandere (or witch ) soon.... I really hope Kouko would interfere here... and it would be very interesting when Banri or Kouko finally revealed Banri's past to their friends...
for now, let's just enjoy this roller-coaster events...
*I want to hug Oka-chan so bad*
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-27, 05:00   Link #2136
l.kostas

Episode 20 preview screenshots:
http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/000/812/812010/
l.kostas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-27, 16:37   Link #2137
bakaouji

Well... that was random. Did that have to happen when he was at the height of his happiness? Goddamn cliches.

As Banri said, Ghost Banri had given up on possessing him so why'd that happen all of a sudden? At this point it feels like everything he'd achieved was all for naught if by just the flip of a switch in his head he'd start loving Linda again given that he'd learned to accept his past.

The preview made it look like nothing serious happened afterwards, but you never know.

I guess the ring's gonna be the key to everything.

Its gonna be interesting to see if Koko can keep her insecurities in check if and when she sees Banri going for Linda. She'd have to keep her wits about if she wants him back for good.
bakaouji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-27, 17:16   Link #2138
Kakurin
大佐

What the heck was that?

That wasn't exactly what I expected at that point, Banri suddenly reverting? And more importantly, reverting to exactly the point in time when he was thrown off the bridge, seemingly without the knowledge that Ghost Banri has to have. I knew past Banri won't go away that easily, but this development was surprising, especially the state he was thrown into. Now I guess the entire situation is in flux again.

Chinami's overreaction also has me wondering about what's going on with her. Not only does she ignore Banri, she also refuses to broach that topic with Kouko. And going by the preview she seems to be making a move soon.

Well, we are going into the finale and right now I can't read the situation at all. A month ago it seemed like Kouko had turned the corner and then she had a flashback while Banri was away. Now she seems to have calmed down again with Banri back and continues to make progress, now also shown by her behaviour at the festival. Meanwhile when Banri seemed to have finally settled down and come to terms with his past he gets thrown back and totally freaks out. Let's see how it'll end.
Old 2014-02-27, 17:44   Link #2139
com_gwp

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakaouji View Post
Well... that was random. Did that have to happen when he was at the height of his happiness? Goddamn cliches.
My thoughts exactly. I've been anticipating this moment where the Banris start merging, but boy, the execution fell so flat.

Which is pretty much the story of golden time as a series
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-27, 18:01   Link #2140
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by com_gwp View Post
Which is pretty much the story of golden time as a series
Or the anime, if you are a non-novel reader (which I just assume now) it is hard to tell whether the problem is bad execution by the anime staff or problematic writing by the author.

Tags
college, comedy, drama, love triangle, romance, seinen