AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-01-05, 18:01   Link #3041
clarakiss~
the toeto nomster~!!

i simply refuse to believe they had and i just to don't see happening. raki views prissy like a sister even if she's not and prissy feels the same, looks at raki like a brother. if prissy hadn't resorted into her child-like state in those seven years and was the awakened adult cocky priscilla, then i would agree something would've happened between the two. she would have made him love her and raki wouldn't have a choice in the matter.
Old 2010-01-05, 18:48   Link #3042
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
They didn't have sex. Raki's too fixated on Clare, and as we now know, Priscilla had other objectives.
Old 2010-01-05, 22:03   Link #3043
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarakiss~ View Post
i simply refuse to believe they had and i just to don't see happening. raki views prissy like a sister even if she's not and prissy feels the same, looks at raki like a brother. if prissy hadn't resorted into her child-like state in those seven years and was the awakened adult cocky priscilla, then i would agree something would've happened between the two. she would have made him love her and raki wouldn't have a choice in the matter.
Just wondering...how DO we know how Raki views her?

We know how she feels about him...but their never was much indication about what he feels about and to, her.

--

Let's leave Tiger Woods out of this Hedge

The man has enough unnecessary attention as it is.
Old 2010-01-05, 23:04   Link #3044
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Well... Priscilla DOES have interest in Raki, its why she holds back her urges to eat flesh.

On another topic, other than Raki, the only other person / claymore / whatever that can resist the demon rod thingy ma'bob was Priscilla, everyone else was completely consumed. That within itself is a topic of interest.
Old 2010-01-05, 23:37   Link #3045
Ryus
The One Eyed King

@HayashiTakara

Are you saying Priscilla gave Raki her blood or something... come to think of it can the blood of one AB be mixed with the flesh of another?

Also if that totally random thought is true... just what will Raki turn into? I bets its a flying squirrel (Old Joke)! Or A Cat Fairy!

Last edited by Ryus; 2010-01-05 at 23:54.
Old 2010-01-06, 00:07   Link #3046
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HegemonKhan View Post
Priscilla didn't resist the rods per se, her sheer power is so great, she could just pop them right outa her body with it. Also, i presume her sheer power prevents the rods' infection of her too.

ALSO, Priscilla is SO SO SO SO NOT a resistor... SHE AWAKENED WITH ZERO RESISTANCE!

so far the best resistors are (NOT in order):

1. Raki
2. Clare
3. Jean
4. Deneve
5. Helen
6. Miria
uh... what? As far as I know no one else got hit by the rods, so we can't even presume what their ability to resist is. My memory could be fuzzy since the chapters are so far apart from each other. I think I recall one other getting hit but was forced to sever a limb or something?

How Priscilla resisted the mind control isn't important, its the fact that she did. It can even give us a clue as to why Raki resisted it too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
@HayashiTakara

Are you saying Priscilla gave Raki her blood or something... come to think of it can the blood of one AB be mixed with the flesh of another?

Also if that totally random thought is true... just what will Raki turn into? I bets its a flying squirrel (Old Joke)! Or A Cat Fairy!
well, not really. I'm just guessing here, a total shot in the dark. But, Raki probably has extreme potential and compatibility the way Priscilla is. It's probably why the organization took immediate interest. They'll probably try to take it to their advantage and try to make another male claymore.
Old 2010-01-06, 00:19   Link #3047
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Deneve did indeed get hit in her arm, which she ripped off. (she doesn't have priscilla's power to just "pop" out the rods from her arm, so she ripped her arm off and just regenerated a new one)

also, beth, got impaled, not by the small rods, but by the huge one!

Beth is certainly a resistor too, a very strong one at that!
Deneve doesn't count considering she had to tear her arm off to prevent it.

Wasn't Beth dying from it? Oh wait.. no she got completely taken over by the Rod.

Raki was just chilling with rods sticking out of his body. till the organization found him

I see that you're doing a lot of assuming here... we don't really know much to make the right assumptions.

Last edited by HayashiTakara; 2010-01-06 at 00:24. Reason: some errors after going back.
Old 2010-01-06, 01:22   Link #3048
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

She only resisted because it because her sister kept her mentally stable, so it's not a personal ability persay. Having assistance doesn't count.
Old 2010-01-06, 04:30   Link #3049
Ryuken
Claymore #01

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Well... Priscilla DOES have interest in Raki, its why she holds back her urges to eat flesh.
Apparently it is his scent that seems to calm her down.
Old 2010-01-06, 05:34   Link #3050
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

@ Hege: There's a lot I could say about the Tiger Woods scandal, such as that it's most likely just fabricated. But that's not the point, especially since Tiger and Raki are completely different characters who don't even exist in the same world. In Raki's case, he's extremely loyal and even now, he is still looking for Clare. Considering he has that kind of dedication, I seriously doubt that Raki would let himself go on another woman while looking for the one and only person he loves.

Also, you got the whole idea about the Soul Link wrong. The way the Soul Link works is that one person completely awakens while the other retains that human part of the awakenee in order to help her maintain her original personality. It's a form of puppeteering in a sense because Alicia, for instance, is allowing Beth to take full control of her body while she awakens. If it develops a resistance to awakening, Alicia wouldn't have awakened so easily in front of Priscilla, and Beth wouldn't have given in to the rods in the first place.
Old 2010-01-06, 05:56   Link #3051
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
that is what I, you, and many of us thought....

but it was shattered here:

chapter 98 page 30:

"So it's both persons' link which keeps the part that's human?"
That doesn't mean they're resistive against awakening itself. Like I said, in the case of a Soul link, Alicia will entrust her human side to Beth, who'se responsible for maintaining it and controlling it. Because she's not the one awakening, she can control Alicia's humanity and ergo, help Alicia in battle to some extent. When Riful said they're both maintaining each other's humanity, it was a special case where both were on the verge of awakening, and Alicia wasn't the one trained to maintain Beth's humanity the way Beth was. Alicia's the one normally awakening and Beth is the one who maintains the Soul link, yet she was doing what Beth normally does. Also, Beth's awakening was forced by the fact that she had been impaled by a giant feeder stick, so Alicia was forced to take Beth's place while Beth was still helping her. Despite the mutual soul link, Beth could not resist awakening in the end, and Alicia failed to maintain the soul link herself because of the rod's influence in it. From what I saw there, they could not resist the rod's interference in the soul link especially because they were not used to having external forces tampering it. If anything, it makes them more vulnerable.
Old 2010-01-06, 18:04   Link #3052
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
that is what I, you, and many of us thought....

but it was shattered here:

chapter 98 page 30:

Priscilla to Alicia+Beth: "So it's both persons' link which keeps the part that's human?"

BETH+ALICIA are VERY POWERFUL WITH THEIR YOKI (and so was at least Rafaela too, except she had the synchronization issue which impeded her with the Soul Link), they can use their yoki to do the Soul Link, aka to RESIST the yoma inside them/awakening.

Galatea, whom is much weaker in the (non-sensing) use of her yoki, was able to "pull" clare back from awakening with her yoki.

Clare too was also able to do the exact same with Jean.

Jean as well was able to do the exact same with Clare.

lol.... there's a lot of characters.... whom are learning that their yoki powers/abilities can be used on their awakening process to reverse it or undo it or lower their yoki release...... whatever it is they are doing to each other.... lol
Most of that has nothing to do with anything. We don't even know how or why Raki is able to resist in the first place. Beth is a special case in which her mind isn't her own with someone else is controlling her like someone mentioned earlier "puppetteering"

Until we know how someone can truly resist the demonic rod thingies, trying to label people is a moot point.
Old 2010-01-06, 18:51   Link #3053
clarakiss~
the toeto nomster~!!

so far, priscilla and raki are the only ones that can reject the rods. beth in other hand, succumb to it and awakened in a form of a cat like the rest of the kitties running around creating havoc. i also think that there's something in raki's flesh and blood that is rejecting the rods.

deneve got infected immediately when a couple rods hit her but raki as a human surprising fought it back. that sure is really interesting and makes you wonder what raki really is. he's will of not let the rods take over him may play a small part... the other big thing is what he truly is that makes him special.
Old 2010-01-07, 08:45   Link #3054
Arturro

Beth got bigger rod than Raki, but I agree, as a potential no1 her resistance to infection wasn't impressive at all. Comparing Raki, Priscilla and Deneve is more interesting. Priss was immune to infection because her yoki was too strong, so we know yoki strength is one thing which allow to resist infection. Another supposed factor is will power. Deneve will power is strong enough to resist awakening, but not enough to resist infection? Not really probable. It means there is third factor which is allowing Raki to slow down rods influence.

Old 2010-01-07, 08:46   Link #3055
Ryuken
Claymore #01

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
We don't even know how or why Raki is able to resist in the first place.
Now that is something that I'm dying to know.
Old 2010-01-07, 11:52   Link #3056
Weird D
Just existing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuken View Post
Now that is something that I'm dying to know.
You know, maybe we are thinking too much about this and the explanation is much more simple. Maybe Raki can resist better because he is human.

A possible explanation is : the rods are created from an Awakened, a creature filled with Yoki. What are Claymores? Hybrids who have Yoma flesh and Yoki, and consequently are naturally more compatible with the rods, resulting in a faster assimilation. However humans, who have none of this, don't provide the rods everything they need, hence a slower infection.
Old 2010-01-07, 21:31   Link #3057
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weird D View Post
You know, maybe we are thinking too much about this and the explanation is much more simple. Maybe Raki can resist better because he is human.

A possible explanation is : the rods are created from an Awakened, a creature filled with Yoki. What are Claymores? Hybrids who have Yoma flesh and Yoki, and consequently are naturally more compatible with the rods, resulting in a faster assimilation. However humans, who have none of this, don't provide the rods everything they need, hence a slower infection.
But then judging by what the org member said, it shouldn't matter about yoki or not. He seemed generally surprised Raki hadn't turned which means other humans must of turned as easy as claymores.
Old 2010-01-07, 21:44   Link #3058
irvinethearcher
Angriest Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturro View Post
Beth got bigger rod than Raki, but I agree, as a potential no1 her resistance to infection wasn't impressive at all. Comparing Raki, Priscilla and Deneve is more interesting. Priss was immune to infection because her yoki was too strong, so we know yoki strength is one thing which allow to resist infection. Another supposed factor is will power. Deneve will power is strong enough to resist awakening, but not enough to resist infection? Not really probable. It means there is third factor which is allowing Raki to slow down rods influence.
So Dae sama was right? Not only sheer willpower? But raki is human perhaps it is simply spoken somehow easier for a human. He has no yoki but he also has no yoma inside him.
Even if other humans turned easy, they were probably only pawns and not soldiers or trained mentally and physically as raki. Cid and Galk would perhaps be able to resist too.
Old 2010-01-07, 23:50   Link #3059
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:

Well they did say the rods was a mind control device too... Priscilla shouldn't have to worry about awakening since she's already... you know... awoken? It was already specifically said that it was a mind control of sorts.

The organization seems to know what exactly is going on, and was surprised by Raki's condition, I think the rods convert whatever it hits into a puppet Yoma.

On another note Deneve shouldn't really count as she amputated herself before any effect could take place. It was pretty much immediate as well so we can't really draw a conclusion on her ability to resist.
Old 2010-01-08, 02:36   Link #3060
zato_1one

Quote:

I think that this sounds plausible. That MIB did state that he didn't think that it was because of his will power alone. So, it may be something like this.