AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2004-04-02, 02:07   Link #1
Liddo
wheeeee!~

Send a message via AIM to Liddo Send a message via MSN to Liddo Send a message via Yahoo to Liddo
Question Connection wierdness

hey its liddo.... i just had a problem.. well not really its been kinda bugging me... well when i stay online for extended periods of time my connection counter keeps resetting itself after it reaches about 4 million bytes...

if you know how to stop this so that the counter will accurately give a count figure.. plz tell me..

PS dun tell me its my eyes playing tricks on me.. since i'm on for like weeks at a time.. its almost impossible for me to dl less than 4 gb..

thanks~
Liddo
Liddo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-02, 02:20   Link #2
Dunkinbean

There's programs you can download which will track how much traffic is going in and out....I woudn't rely on Windows for anything accurate whatsoever.
Dunkinbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-02, 13:29   Link #3
Nevion
/dev/random

seems suspiciously close to a 32 bit unsigned integer's capacity... wonder if that has anything to do with it. If it does, when you get to 4294967295 bytes it will just overflow and go back to 0 or have some other weird effects. And also if this is the problem, its quite stupid they didn't use an 64 bit integer/double or something instead :/
Nevion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-05, 13:15   Link #4
Liddo
wheeeee!~

Send a message via AIM to Liddo Send a message via MSN to Liddo Send a message via Yahoo to Liddo
er.. not exactly sure what your talking about nevion.. and Dunkinbean, i dun wanna use a external program because it wastes cpu and ram so yea...
Liddo is offline   Reply With Quote