AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-04-17, 16:51   Link #1161
Nerroth
NePoi!

On the PSP, I didn't twig that he had the mask in his hand in that picture - or the dialogue saying he was showing his face.

(I should go through that scene again.)
Old 2010-04-17, 21:28   Link #1162
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

http://cl.ly/V9M
http://cl.ly/VRD
http://cl.ly/UVf

the first one screams badass.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-18, 01:09   Link #1163
Nerroth
NePoi!

I went through Hakumen's story to get the 100% - and I caught it, thanks.
Old 2010-04-18, 01:19   Link #1164
KrimzonStriker

If people are putting up images does anyone think they can direct me a to the Rachel and Ragna image where Rachel was touching his cheek, was rather heartwarming actually.
Old 2010-04-18, 02:01   Link #1165
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Hmmm...well I have access to the arcade version of Continuum Shift now, but haven't really bothered to check out too much of the re-balancing. I played Bang a little though and he definitely seems to be doing more damage per hit then he did in Calamity Trigger.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-18, 02:54   Link #1166
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
I had a go at this in the arcades of Japan but I have to say I don't understand the first thing about its system (and I'm lazy to find out).

Since Iceland sucks I'm stuck for a few days in Tokyo, can anyone link me to somewhere where I can get the basics for the system? TIA.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-18, 04:50   Link #1167
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
I had a go at this in the arcades of Japan but I have to say I don't understand the first thing about its system (and I'm lazy to find out).

Since Iceland sucks I'm stuck for a few days in Tokyo, can anyone link me to somewhere where I can get the basics for the system? TIA.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox...e/958721/56115

Will this do?
Old 2010-04-18, 07:13   Link #1168
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
He's played it on a cabinet in Japan, it's most definitely CS which has a slightly different system what with it's Gold/Green Bursts, Fatal Counters and Guard Primers, and all the changes in frame data, combo rates and proration.

Stunedge did an alright CS system guide here.

Last edited by Tokkan; 2010-04-18 at 07:25.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-18, 07:53   Link #1169
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
I'm not sure it's CS to be honest, I randomly remember seeing the older version in an arcade (but then again I've probably gone to one in every city I've visited, so probably not in Tokyo).

Also it felt way too similar to Guilty Gear to warrant a whole new game. I need to presume the devil is in the details? (As it always happens with these games).

Maybe I just need to read about the system, lol. As it stands I miss good ol GG I understood the ins and outs of.

EDIT: meh, that link to DL forums is informative but it doesn't really summarize the system for me. I need to do my own research...

EDIT2: Actually I think I won't bother with BB since it would take way too long to be competitive anyways. I think I'll just pass on the fighting games and play the fuck out of Mushihime-sama Futari in the days I'm stuck here or something.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-18, 17:31   Link #1170
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
If people are putting up images does anyone think they can direct me a to the Rachel and Ragna image where Rachel was touching his cheek, was rather heartwarming actually.
http://cl.ly/UDN

BB is actually a little simplified from GG in my view. Then again, i was never that hardcore about GG, since i never bought any revisions of XX.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2010-04-18, 17:53   Link #1171
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

I've been fiddling around with Rachel for the better part of an hour and she doesn't seem all that powered down in Continuum Shift to me. The biggest difference I've noticed is how her Sword Iris trigger is now a quarter circle instead of a command move, but if anything it just makes it easier to pull off in the heat of things. The pumpkin now stays on the screen when you Silpheed it meaning I've been able to smack it back and forth across a character up to 3 times while also whacking them with up close combos. Chip damage at it's best.

George XIIIth no longer hops and seems to slowly waddle towards an opponent, but I've had no trouble still finding uses for it. It helps to chain someone into it's range and let it do it's work. It also has a brief timer before being able to use him again, but honestly it's like a second or two, nothing major.

Terrible prose, yet lovably awesome nonetheless.

I think I'll try Taokaka and Jin out next to see what's different.
Old 2010-04-18, 18:02   Link #1172
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

^^ thumbnail or hotlink

anywho, those with a faint heart beware...
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...1564142763.jpg

Old 2010-04-18, 18:17   Link #1173
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
I've been fiddling around with Rachel for the better part of an hour and she doesn't seem all that powered down in Continuum Shift to me. The biggest difference I've noticed is how her Sword Iris trigger is now a quarter circle instead of a command move, but if anything it just makes it easier to pull off in the heat of things. The pumpkin now stays on the screen when you Silpheed it meaning I've been able to smack it back and forth across a character up to 3 times while also whacking them with up close combos. Chip damage at it's best.

George XIIIth no longer hops and seems to slowly waddle towards an opponent, but I've had no trouble still finding uses for it. It helps to chain someone into it's range and let it do it's work. It also has a brief timer before being able to use him again, but honestly it's like a second or two, nothing major.
Sorry, but Kaioshin I think your Rachel is really not well practiced enough and its all showing in what you've just said

The pumpkin has always been 'windable' for 3 times, the reason they're staying on screen now and not last time is that their flying distance has been cut down by half. Their hit stun and damage has been greatly reduced as well. This makes them even more difficult to play around with.

And besides command changes to Sword Iris, a Rachel player should recognise 2 most important things, 6b (The Fork) and j2c (falling down from the sky) is no longer as comboable as before. Especially The Fork, which is completely useless now. Any good Rachel would know that these 2 attacks are Rachel's most important tools.

To move George you have to blow him around, quite useful to slide it under an opponent. Other than that you can still do frog combos.

And saying Rachel is not powered down is a very bad observation lol, she went from the one of the highest damage dealers to the lowest.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-18, 20:58   Link #1174
Nerroth
NePoi!

In case it hasn't been posted already - it looks like the PSP and PC versions of CT will hit Europe in June.
Old 2010-04-18, 23:26   Link #1175
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerroth View Post
In case it hasn't been posted already - it looks like the PSP and PC versions of CT will hit Europe in June.
RAWR. CT console gets released in EU 9 months after everywhere else, CT portable gets released in EU 4 months after Japan and 3 months after NA and CT PC gets released in EU 1 month after Japan. LOL.

Last edited by Tokkan; 2010-04-18 at 23:42.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-18, 23:31   Link #1176
Nerroth
NePoi!

Still better than not being released there at all.

Is there any word on a PC release in North America?
Old 2010-04-19, 01:41   Link #1177
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
http://cl.ly/UDN

BB is actually a little simplified from GG in my view. Then again, i was never that hardcore about GG, since i never bought any revisions of XX.
Ah, thank you friend.

I've fiddled around with CS in my local arcade... ate up a lot of dollars to say the least. Jin's still my main for the most part, but I've shifted from Noel to Tsubaki as my sub now. I've got some reservations about a couple of the balances, but so far I've made it work... except against Ragna, God I hate Ragna now <_<
Old 2010-04-21, 08:28   Link #1178
leodamine
Divine Akuma

Pretty sweet that you got to play at your local arcade. What modes do they have in the arcade? *doesn't want the leak*
Old 2010-04-21, 08:32   Link #1179
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
I'm a fan of 2D fighting games, and if this is spiritual successor of Guilty Gear, I'll probably get it. I'm only concerned that there are only 12 playable characters which is, a bit few to me. Hope there are other offline modes that will keep me going.
Old 2010-04-21, 09:20   Link #1180
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

12 is plenty to me, since I still haven't gotten a good grasp at my favorite characters yet.
Beside, most of people love its story mode, so yeah, there is something good in offline mode, too.

But honestly, I don't think there you should buy a fighting game to play alone, though =/.

Tags
3ds, arc system works, arcade, fighting, ps vita, ps3, psp, windows, xbox360