AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2016-05-01, 09:00   Link #1
SineMora
Wait for it...

The Azure War 蔚蓝战争 Name of the Nature

The Azure War 蔚蓝战争 Name of the Nature (thanks to steparu for introducing me to this one)

Tencent played Kantai Collection and said:

1.) World War 2 is so behind, we need Cruise Missiles and Jet Planes.
2.) You made an arcade game (and a handheld) and it's still not in 3d, nor even live 2d?
3.) You gave us repair ports but did not show us our kanmusous in Hot Springs?
4.) We need Arpeggio Hexagons, lots of high tech hexagons and shit.
5.) We need to socialize more with our kanmusous (a.k.a they have individual rooms you get to visit, they all have distinct personalities, likes and dislikes, and you can see them randomly doing things they like).
6.) We want more plot... and also more "plot"

Now if there's anything I want more: where's my Corrosion torpedoes and Supergraviton cannons?!?!?!?

Official Site
Needs QQ account.

Will do tutorial like in Warship girls if I have time...

and a rant (like in warship girls) CARRIERS = VICTORY.

"Time is more gentle than anything. Even though the two of them will lose this once in a year opportunity to meet, that sadness will heal as time passes. However time is also more cruel than any other, even though the two lovers have pledged their love for all eternity, that pure emotion will fade away into dust in the flow of time. That one instant where their existence are recognized by each other are being constantly taken away by fate, just how long will the lover that resides in their heart exist till?" -Tokisaki Kurumi.
SineMora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-01, 10:51   Link #2
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
A fascinating concept. Somewhat surprised that Koei hasn't thrown their hat in this ring, what with their having a very good mechanical 'core' for it in the form of their Naval Ops/Warship Gunner series... wherein all those exotic weapons from ABS would be right at home, too.
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-01, 12:10   Link #3
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

So basically a Kantai Collection clone in 3D with high tech weaponry like jets and lasers.
Old 2016-05-02, 05:51   Link #4
AnimeFangirl

Everybody's copying Kancolle now.
Old 2016-05-03, 08:19   Link #5
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeFangirl View Post
Everybody's copying Kancolle now.
No kidding. XD it's getting annoying now.
Old 2016-05-04, 21:37   Link #6
SineMora
Wait for it...

Okay, so the differences aside from the aesthetics:
1.) Aircraft is now a ship type, yep. Carriers here are more like "Drone Carriers" they carry "drones", there is now an Aircraft Class musou, they attack at the same time as Carriers launch their drones, flying in formation with them. With the additional bonus of SHELLING THE ENEMY. Good replacement for areas that dislike carriers, and night battles.

2.) Rockets. For ships that can't equip torpedoes, they get Rockets instead. Which fire at the same time as Torpedoes, but they have to lock on. (and may get Countered as rockets from opposing sides try to home on each other first) And they don't take turns, meaning everyone who has a rocket and/or a torpedo will fire at the same time
3.) Night Battles. As admirals from the eastern front, we know how horrible night battles are (and how useful destroyers are there), Well Azure makes it a lot messier with Rockets, and the fact that everyone Alpha Strikes (in Kirishima's terms: FIRE EVERYTHING!!!) at their turn, no rules, no honor, and definitely, no mercy.

more to come later.

"Time is more gentle than anything. Even though the two of them will lose this once in a year opportunity to meet, that sadness will heal as time passes. However time is also more cruel than any other, even though the two lovers have pledged their love for all eternity, that pure emotion will fade away into dust in the flow of time. That one instant where their existence are recognized by each other are being constantly taken away by fate, just how long will the lover that resides in their heart exist till?" -Tokisaki Kurumi.

Last edited by SineMora; 2016-05-04 at 22:19.
Old 2016-05-05, 05:35   Link #7
AnimeFangirl

So it's Kancolle with a few tweaks. Yeah yeah.
Old 2016-05-05, 10:30   Link #8
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by SineMora View Post
1.) Aircraft is now a ship type, yep. Carriers here are more like "Drone Carriers" they carry "drones", there is now an Aircraft Class musou, they attack at the same time as Carriers launch their drones, flying in formation with them. With the additional bonus of SHELLING THE ENEMY. Good replacement for areas that dislike carriers, and night battles.
Amusingly, the Allied carriers in Red Alert 2 (and 3, IIRC) happen to field UAVs instead of manned aircraft. And as for 'aircraft-class musou'... now I'm expecting some enterprising artist to try their hand at giving the Aigaion this treatment...

Quote:
2.) Rockets. For ships that can't equip torpedoes, they get Rockets instead. Which fire at the same time as Torpedoes, but they have to lock on. (and may get Countered as rockets from opposing sides try to home on each other first) And they don't take turns, meaning everyone who has a rocket and/or a torpedo will fire at the same time.
I'm guessing this is a goof on the part of whichever source you're using. 'Rockets' implies unguided ordinance, such as Hydra-70s, SNEBs, and their ilk; the behavior you're describing implies they're talking about actual guided or homing missiles (Exocet, Harpoon, Sunburn, et cetera).
Old 2016-05-05, 19:40   Link #9
SineMora
Wait for it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly00 View Post
Amusingly, the Allied carriers in Red Alert 2 (and 3, IIRC) happen to field UAVs instead of manned aircraft. And as for 'aircraft-class musou'... now I'm expecting some enterprising artist to try their hand at giving the Aigaion this treatment...
Yes, even in RA3 they are still using drones (Unit Introduction video)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly00 View Post
I'm guessing this is a goof on the part of whichever source you're using. 'Rockets' implies unguided ordinance, such as Hydra-70s, SNEBs, and their ilk; the behavior you're describing implies they're talking about actual guided or homing missiles (Exocet, Harpoon, Sunburn, et cetera).
I'm still getting confused at that because... I still can't get my head around Missiles being fired from underwater which is impossible cause Missiles "breathe", Rockets don't.

Anyway, dating sim:

1st room to the left is the Cantina, where you can buy gifts for your girls... other rooms lead to random girls, each have their own decorations based on their personality

And like a dating sim game, talking to her prompts you with choices...

Also, did I mention Onsen?

And all of them have their own underwear. (But I don't want to see my Goth girl get damaged again)

Old 2016-05-05, 20:12   Link #10
Firefly00

Quote:
Originally Posted by SineMora View Post
I'm still getting confused at that because... I still can't get my head around Missiles being fired from underwater which is impossible cause Missiles "breathe", Rockets don't.
Okay, I think I see where the confusion is; let me try and clarify a bit. In addition to the definitions above, all unguided rockets are in fact rocket-propelled, as are many missiles; some, such as the Tomahawk, use jet turbines. Such missiles, when sub-launched, are mated with a disposable solid-fuel rocket booster which kicks in after ejection from the launch tube (compressed air, IIRC, for vertical tubes; water impulse for torpedo tubes) to get the weapon out of the water and airborne (reference).

Hope that helps.

Quote:
And like a dating sim game, talking to her prompts you with choices...
And thanks so much for the flashbacks to Konami's at-bats in that particular genre...