AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-02-09, 23:56   Link #6921
kenjtr

i think zenkichis new ability may be something like ( the mask ) , well you know the movie when a guy finds lokis mask and wears it then all his life gets better . What i mean is zenkichi turning a good hearted crazy owerdoing devil and that can be really good way to deal medakas crazyness
heres some scenes from the mask if you watch youll get what i mean
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75zf_l7Swtw&feature=fvsr
http://www.youtube.com/movieclipsFIL.../0/QP2uPNypJlE
kenjtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-10, 03:18   Link #6922
ShiroiRyu

Spoiler for 133:
Old 2012-02-10, 03:44   Link #6923
Terizent
Nonsense!

Hm, a member of another board suggested that "The Right to Folly", or "Folly Rights" refers to JS Mill's On Liberty, which basically argues that "over himself, the individual is sovereign", meaning that you can do whatever you want, even something "wrong", as long as it's something that only directly affects you. He also states that people do not have the right to stop people from committing actions unless those actions will cause harm to another person, which ties back to his primary statement.

Interesting, since that's what we could interpret Medaka's actions as-forcing people to change themselves regardless of whether or not she had the "right" to.

Still not sure if and how this is actually related to the skill, it would be terribly meta in usage, I'll bet.

Last edited by Terizent; 2012-02-10 at 04:00.
Terizent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-10, 05:48   Link #6924
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terizent View Post
Hm, a member of another board suggested that "The Right to Folly", or "Folly Rights" refers to JS Mill's On Liberty, which basically argues that "over himself, the individual is sovereign", meaning that you can do whatever you want, even something "wrong", as long as it's something that only directly affects you. He also states that people do not have the right to stop people from committing actions unless those actions will cause harm to another person, which ties back to his primary statement.

Interesting, since that's what we could interpret Medaka's actions as-forcing people to change themselves regardless of whether or not she had the "right" to.

Still not sure if and how this is actually related to the skill, it would be terribly meta in usage, I'll bet.
But doesn't that link into the fact that "No man is an island, entire of itself...any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind; and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee." (John Donn). Meaning it's extremely hard for your actions not to an affect those around you. Unless you live in the wilderness with very little human interaction for practically all of your life, your actions will have an effect on someone else and them influenced by those actions will have an effect on someone else and so on. Your actions a very rarely isolated from those around you.

Isn't wrong doing in itself by common view practically completely derived from selfishness. You either feel good by doing it or it benefits you in some way. Now selfisness by itself isn't evil or "wrong" but when it's at someone else expense it becomes so.

So in itself isn't it impossible to do something evil to yourself if noone else is affected, because you chose to do it yourself. If someone shed out portions of food which where supposed to last you 6 months and you ate them in one day, and noone truly in that group cared whether you died, they couldn't considered what you did evil but foolish, and noone caress if someone did something foolish if it doesn't affect them in anyway shape or form. If you went on to eat everybodies else's portions or even just one man's, it would be considered evil become your selfness is affecting someone else.

Wouldn't that make devil style "the right to do wrong" from your perspective a contradiction. Ironic that the Kanji in Japanese both mean the same thing, because isn't the christian devil seen as person who the best at doing "evil while not seeming to do evil at all" Hence why in the Bible he's always depicted as being someone you'd least expect.

Last edited by Tenchi Hou Take; 2012-02-10 at 06:01.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-10, 07:28   Link #6925
kenjtr

Well i think medaka using that much money for a useless game is like one of the most selfish and evil thing and she done that for an android , i want to know how much humans worth in medakas eye cause with that much money she could have helped lots of poor and hungry children . After that act i cant see anything good abaut medaka and even if she helped android girl her real intencion was atacking ajimu while she didnt even thought how will that affect kibougauka ( it could have backfired really bad ) . Dont get me wrong i am not saying medaka should help poor people cause she has so much money , what i mean is she cant even see people who are living in poverty etc.. Everybody knew how french revoution started and from what i see medaka also thinks people should eat cakes if they dont have bread , which is idiotic cause she doesnt even know how bread is .
Old 2012-02-10, 10:45   Link #6926
[HearT]

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjtr View Post
Well i think medaka using that much money for a useless game is like one of the most selfish and evil thing and she done that for an android , i want to know how much humans worth in medakas eye cause with that much money she could have helped lots of poor and hungry children . After that act i cant see anything good abaut medaka and even if she helped android girl her real intencion was atacking ajimu while she didnt even thought how will that affect kibougauka ( it could have backfired really bad ) . Dont get me wrong i am not saying medaka should help poor people cause she has so much money , what i mean is she cant even see people who are living in poverty etc.. Everybody knew how french revoution started and from what i see medaka also thinks people should eat cakes if they dont have bread , which is idiotic cause she doesnt even know how bread is .
。。。It's a manga, don't think too hard about it.
[HearT] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-10, 11:09   Link #6927
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjtr View Post
I'm sorry but... come on dude. IT'S A JOKE!

Also I'm more inclined to believe this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Also, a video game that cost a crap ton of money to make, yet is boring, inconvenient to play with buggy systems that are way too cheap for the money it cost...
is Nisio trying to tell us something?
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-10, 11:28   Link #6928
kenjtr

Well nisios logic here is " life doesnt give you what you want and youll always be unhappy but still you must go on " at the same time thats medakas logic too . Medaka isnt happy cause she cant get what she wants from life ( i really want know what that is ) .
Old 2012-02-10, 11:49   Link #6929
Soji

^the perfect mate?
Or some one that can beat her
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-10, 12:35   Link #6930
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

A Purpose

back in Medaka's little flashback we saw a Medaka that is coldly inhuman, who knows everything but not why she is there and what she is suppose to do.

It was Zenki that gave her the purpose to make everyone around her happy. But is Medaka really happy at making people happy? She has either consciously or unconsciously question that purpose.
Old 2012-02-10, 14:22   Link #6931
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Face-mask girl(From Kumagawa's old school) is back?
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-10, 16:15   Link #6932
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Face-mask girl(From Kumagawa's old school) is back?
No wonder he run away....
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-10, 16:58   Link #6933
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
No wonder he run away....
But she's back to him
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-10, 19:37   Link #6934
[HearT]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
But she's back to him
Which is why he run away
[HearT] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-10, 19:53   Link #6935
summers

Devil style does not sound like it suits him. I cant imagine his power being anything close to a devils, but I can imagine it being stylish. Also They were invited by both zen and Akune. So its not a power to "summon" people. Maybe a skill that instinctively lets him know who to call to reach his goal,like a devil manipulating people so events go its way?
summers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-10, 20:00   Link #6936
summers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
I really like how the kanji for "Devil Style" translates into "The Right to Folly/Wrong-doing".

My guess is it'll be some sort of meta commentary on how a good amount of MCs get away with ass-pulling, simply because they're the MC.
Is there an online site to figure out the kanji translation for stuff is, hows that work?
Old 2012-02-10, 20:17   Link #6937
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers View Post
Devil style does not sound like it suits him. I cant imagine his power being anything close to a devils, but I can imagine it being stylish. Also They were invited by both zen and Akune. So its not a power to "summon" people. Maybe a skill that instinctively lets him know who to call to reach his goal,like a devil manipulating people so events go its way?
Well it didn't suit the previous him but the entire purpose of him going through the flask plan was to reforge and change himself. Then you have the quote where he vowed to even become the devil himself if it meant being able to be beside Medaka.

This is obviously an extension of that quote and probably what he had in mind.
Old 2012-02-10, 20:35   Link #6938
summers

Just like to insert again that I still dont like the Idea of skill holders. I like the screwed up people develop logic defying minus and born amazing people have abnormalities, abnormals who have the skills to create miracles and control the volume of water. Its like a minus without the minus.
Old 2012-02-10, 21:48   Link #6939
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers View Post
Just like to insert again that I still dont like the Idea of skill holders. I like the screwed up people develop logic defying minus and born amazing people have abnormalities, abnormals who have the skills to create miracles and control the volume of water. Its like a minus without the minus.
Err what? I'm sorry but I don't quite understand what your saying.
Old 2012-02-11, 13:30   Link #6940
summers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
Err what? I'm sorry but I don't quite understand what your saying.
I dont like/understand the "skill holders". The way I understood it, Minus are the ones with the superpowers, those superpowers matched and were created from their disturbed personalities and situations. Dont follow logic.

Abnormals are superhuman abilities are not really superpowers ex. receiving and sending electric signals so one can control people or read minds. Its kinda logical.

Then we have those skill holders, or abnormals who have minus-like powers without the minus. Like Saki. Look at the powers of the girls in good loser.

I just look at the early abilities of the abnormal and these other ones that were in good loser Kumugawa, and dont get it.

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council