AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hanasaku Iroha

Notices

Old 2012-12-02, 18:02   Link #1241
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
A big thanks to ultimatemegax who translated the HSI BD notebooks that's full of staff interviews

Just from memory some things that stood out to me:

-This was in preproduction a darn long time since talks about it started after True Tears ended (so canaan and angel beats got made in the meantime),in fact Kishida Mel was contacted to offer original chara designs for HSI before he was contacted for Sora no Woto but Sora no Woto ended up airing a year earlier than HSI,also at the time it was named "Bonbori Inn" and involved Geishas.

-In the very first concept the protagonist was a woman just starting her working life but producers asked for a younger protagonist.
I would have loved to see that. Can you imagine the kind of crazy stuff Okada would have thrown at us with that kind of setting?

I'll have to read these notebooks later... for now, sleep it is.
Old 2012-12-02, 22:00   Link #1242
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
-This was in preproduction a darn long time since talks about it started after True Tears ended (so canaan and angel beats got made in the meantime),in fact Kishida Mel was contacted to offer original chara designs for HSI before he was contacted for Sora no Woto but Sora no Woto ended up airing a year earlier than HSI,also at the time it was named "Bonbori Inn" and involved Geishas.
Geishas... oh god. Thankfully they were never in the anime proper because imagine the things pervkada would have done .

Quote:
-In the very first concept the protagonist was a woman just starting her working life but producers asked for a younger protagonist.
Booo. Only Yesterday v2.0 would have been better than we got (was still great though).

Quote:
-Ohana's hair came up a lot Kishida wanted it to be long and wavy but the animation staff were having nightmares about animating that hair so they asked for short hair (also believing it suited Ohana's personality better) but Kishida insisted on it at least being wavy,even if if it was short,it still gave the animation staff a hard time at first but they got used to it.
$#*@

/rage.

Why you deny me of beautiful long hair.

Quote:
-For reference for the bondage scene in ep 3 they really tied a guy up , i'll quote the animation director from that episode,she said: "The young male workers at PA works examined the ins and outs of tortoise shell bondage.It was like they were playing around.The women got exited as they watched the guys.I was working on something else at the time so I didn't get a chance to see them."What?You were doing something that fun and you didn't even try to tell me about it?" (laughs)"
Wtf... I don't even...

Quote:
-The original plan was for the 2nd OP to have a fall theme (after the first OP had a spring theme) so they asked nano.ripe for a downbeat song but the song nano.ripe delivered wasn't downbeat enough so they switched to a summer theme for the 2nd OP and decided to have the 2nd ED have a fall theme.
Death to emo.ripe!
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-03, 09:43   Link #1243
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I didn't know they added a cut of Nako in episode 18's OP. That was a very subtle change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocari_Sweat View Post
$#*@

/rage.

Why you deny me of beautiful long hair.
That was my reaction at first, but then I realized short hair suit her personality better. Ohana with long hair looks weird in my mind.
Old 2012-12-04, 05:34   Link #1244
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
That was my reaction at first, but then I realized short hair suit her personality better. Ohana with long hair looks weird in my mind.
Konatsu from Tari Tari had long hair and it suited her perfectly fine and she's a similar character type to Ohana. Not as good as Ohana though.

Going back to Tari Tari for a sec I just realised the main three girls all had longish hair. Mmmm delicious. Too bad the rest of the details in their art still looked like second half knockoffs from HSI. Bah!

And yes I am very picky about this cause I care! This not JC Staff or Deen we are talking about
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-10, 14:35   Link #1245
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Looks like NIS licensed Hanasaku Iroha

Tags
comedy, coming of age, drama, p.a. works, pa works, romance, slice of life