AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-04-12, 00:59   Link #101
Dawnstorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I seem to like this show more than a lot of people do. Some people can't see why anyone would like it. So I've made a blog post trying to show myself and others why I like the show as much as I do. It's basically a series of screenshots with comments saying what strikes me in various scenes.
Agree with Triple_R. Excellent blog post. You captured many of my favourite images.

I know nothing about the manga (didn't even know that there was one), but I did like how they went for understatement, trusting the absurd imagery to stand on its own, and use some of the more cliché jokes (e.g. yuri-misunderstanding) for characterisation. (And that's also part of why I prefer A-Channel to Nichijou: Nichijou goes for hyperbole, and sometimes that has an adverse effect on me: they should move on before a joke gets old, not re-animate it after it died of old age. [However, I like how Nichijou employs its music, even though that's part of the hyperbole... It's quite complex.])

A-channel just radiates warmth. You just feel that the animators care for their characters.

P.S.: I thought they chose just the right shade of red/purple for Tooru's eyes; with the proper lighting they can do a lot there.

P.P.S.: That close up of Run with the big smile on her face and the plaster on her brow just begs to be turned into someone's avatar.
Dawnstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-12, 07:33   Link #102
FlavorOfLife
Uncaring

From the first episode, this one seems to be a totally different kettle of fish to K-ON. While K-On works on nostalgia/positivity, i get the feeling A channel may appeal more to those in their teens as they could identify with the "jealousy" more.
FlavorOfLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-14, 14:01   Link #103
Midonin
Last Engage

Spoiler for A Channel 02 - A Chill:
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-14, 23:52   Link #104
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep1:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 05:28   Link #105
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Wait. Why is Minako Kotobuki playing a closet lesbian again?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 10:08   Link #106
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

So that Episode 2. It has improved quite significantly for me, although for now I can't seem to comtemplate that reason. >.>

But that aside...Nichijou still beats A-Channel in terms of comedy, as for the surreal, exagerrated humor beats normal, yuri and siscon humor.

*a sister is calling me: onii-chan!? *

But in SoL and insert songs, A-Channel has pretty much in a roll. ^_^

BTW...why is Yuuko-chan like....Mio-chan sometimes. XDD
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 11:44   Link #107
hoarfrost

2:

I watch this because the aesthetics are very well executed. In the absence of anything offensively bad, that alone is enough for me but A-Channel has a atmosphere about it that makes it very satisfying to watch at the end of a long week. It's the small touches, many of which I didn't even recognize before other posters mentioned them.
hoarfrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 15:57   Link #108
Kagayaki

Spoiler for size:

Somehow, this sequence struck me as being a microcosm of the show itself.

It's like they've taken all the scenes in this show, dialed up the warm-fuzzy moe meter to maximum, and added wonderful insert songs and BGM. The music in this show is great, by the way, not just because they're nice to listen to, but more because it brings to life and embellishes whatever's going on onscreen. This show is really well put together.

When shows call out what they're doing (TvTropes refers to this as "Lampshade Hanging"), I strongly prefer the approach in the above screencaps, where it's unclear whether the self-referential humor is intentional or unintentional.

Some shows will say "She's a tsundere!" or "This is just like a scene from a manga!" This was funny the first time I saw it, but the amount of extra thought the creators have to put in to their work to add these sorts of references is close to zero, especially compared to the creativity and extra work that would have been required to make the character or scene actually believable by itself. Since it's so easy to do, these sorts of jokes pop up everywhere, and I facepalm every time I see them.

On the other hand, when you see things like the screencaps above, you have to spend a second recognizing the self-reference, and then you wonder whether you're reading to much into it. It's a much more engaging viewing experience.
Old 2011-04-15, 16:23   Link #109
wingman32x

Another solid episode IMO. This show surprised me somewhat. I'm being entertained a lot more than I thought I would be.

Lol, Run collapsing of sleep deprivation was freakin funny to me because that has almost happened to me. I'm also liking Tooru's grudge against Yuuko. Anyway, anpther good episode.
wingman32x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 17:24   Link #110
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Spoiler for ep 2:
Old 2011-04-15, 17:48   Link #111
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Another episode that fun, enjoyable, and had decent humor again. The extra ED this week nice, wonder if it's character sung or not? Also Run's notebook that only she could read made me laugh especially since I was known for such hand writing in high school .

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Wait. Why is Minako Kotobuki playing a closet lesbian again?
But in K-On she just enjoyed the idea of girls love between the other characters[except maybe her "Date" with ritsu], while she clearly is undecided between her two targets here, Run, or Nagi. Though Nagi must have some interest in Yuuko since she knows her three sizes
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 17:53   Link #112
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Send a message via MSN to ZGMF-X10A
just watched the first episode and it looks decent.

Is it me or does
Spoiler for Tooru look like ...:
Old 2011-04-15, 18:29   Link #113
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
Another episode that fun, enjoyable, and had decent humor again. The extra ED this week nice, wonder if it's character sung or not? Also Run's notebook that only she could read made me laugh especially since I was known for such hand writing in high school .
That is me even now. When my friends ask for my physics notes I'm always like, "Sure, if you can read them." XD I could relate to that scene so much... like the familiar little pencil trails that happen when you doze off in the middle of writing a word.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGMF-X10A View Post
Is it me or does
Spoiler for Tooru look like ...:
Yeah, I thought the same thing about Tooru's appearance.
Old 2011-04-15, 19:03   Link #114
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

I think this is one of the best slice of life I've ever seen.

Watching at the moment: click on the image.

kache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 19:16   Link #115
wingman32x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
Another episode that fun, enjoyable, and had decent humor again. The extra ED this week nice, wonder if it's character sung or not? Also Run's notebook that only she could read made me laugh especially since I was known for such hand writing in high school
Yeah, I'm still like that lol.

Also, am I the only one that's noticing yuri tendancies from Yuuko? I'm not too good at identifiying stuff like that, but it seems obvious to me.
wingman32x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 19:40   Link #116
Silverwyrm

Well this episode was a plus for me, I liked it more than the last greatly. Largely because Run wasn't doing overboard stupid things like falling out a window or something. I liked the exchange of "who are you!?" int he shower and how Yuuko says she needs to go to the nurses office as an excuse to go to the bathroom but Run uses the opposite

Also, lmao at yuuko trying to get a peek in, male or female its hard not to look given the opportunity and information.
Silverwyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 19:46   Link #117
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler for ep1:
Ok, I'm confused, Which episode are you talking about? Your spoiler name says "Ep1". Fix please--!!!

Last edited by Miraluka; 2011-04-15 at 19:58.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 19:52   Link #118
zarqu
Stüldt Håjt!

Nopan yuri service.

I'll be following this anime for a while.
zarqu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 21:06   Link #119
andyjay729
YOU EEDIOT!!!

Yes, this looks like a worthy show. I also thought the "poetry/reality" bumper was a nice touch. And of course I've also been in that situation of writing notes while trying to stay awake.

And in terms of the insert songs and ED, the four girls harmonize really nicely, almost like the Beatles on "Because".

Heh, Minori Chihara has been typecast as the deadpan "emotionless" girl, Aki Toyosaki as the optimistic, childish loli...would you say Kaori Fukuhara has been typecast as "the dumb girl", the female Ralph Wiggum or Michael Kelso? I certainly mean no criticism of her (especially since I have a slight...thing for her) but, well... Tsukasa, Plug, Astraea and now Run; can you see a pattern?
andyjay729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 21:19   Link #120
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Tooru seems a little creepy

Great sideboob in this episode

Tags
comedy, manga time kirara, school life, seinen, slice of life