AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-01-21, 17:49   Link #101
leongsh
Daijoubu!

The pre-OP scenes and a fairly large bit of the episode are red meat for Jeanne x Vanitas shippers and fodder for doujins.

Spoiler for Red meat to Jeanne x Vanitas shippers:

But back to the episode proper, it's interesting to see Vanitas that vulnerable. And then there's Noe. With the suggestive implication of what blood-sucking between vampires means, Noe was "raped" by Chloe as Chloe had a good taste of him without his consent. Not only that, there's a fascinating reveal about Chloe at the end of the episode that made it a cliffhanger.

This series really delivers in entertainment and intrigue.
leongsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-24, 18:39   Link #102
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
AFJLFJLFJLADJFLDAFJ;LAJSDL

That was so much hotter than the blood-drinking from season 1 holy shit

JeannexVani is a good ship too....I....I....cannot complain....omg seeing him in that vulnerable state....panting, feverish, shirtless....haha I'm such a pervert....

*is dead now*

(Fangirling Jeanne is also great; she thinks the same way as me )
Old 2022-01-24, 19:17   Link #103
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Jeanne is just too cute. Her boldness really surprised me, but she was so focused on Vanitas' health that she just did all that in the heat of that moment.
Old 2022-01-24, 20:20   Link #104
Wandering Soul

I guess she should just be Vantias is too focused on Noe to tease her about it or hold it over her head.
Old 2022-01-28, 18:02   Link #105
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Chloe's backstory reminded me a lot of Pandora's in Prisma Illya. They're almost the same. Chloe really has suffered a lot, and although she claimed she gave away her true name of her own volition, she was very clearly manipulated into doing so.
Old 2022-01-29, 02:29   Link #106
BPD Renegade

Can't believe they gutted Chloe's backstory. At least anime-only viewers seem to be enjoying this.

At this point, Bones has covered nearly two volumes of the arc in less than three and a half episodes. I had thought the rushed nature of the first cour (which adapted four volumes) was so this arc could receive a proper adaptation, which might have been difficult, even with a full cour. It's clear now this isn't the case. This is like taking a deluxe burger and removing half the fixings. It tastes better if you don't know what's missing.

I sincerely hope Bones isn't attempting to adapt the arc after this one, but it's looking more and more like they're going to cram it in, and they're going to continue to gut half the story in the process. If this is the treatment something as simple as Vanitas is getting, it's a good thing Pandora Hearts wasn't remade.
BPD Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-04, 18:03   Link #107
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This episode was full of surprises. The beast never existed in the first place and was invented by humans to justify hunting vampires. Jean-Jacques gave his name away and became the beast in order to shift attention away from Chloe. And the reason Chloe kept focusing on her work to change the world equation was so she would be able to give Narnia or whatever her name is a physical body and kill her.

Just... a lot of stuff.
Old 2022-02-04, 23:07   Link #108
SILENTANIMELOVER

It's Naenia.
SILENTANIMELOVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-05, 00:13   Link #109
BPD Renegade

This episode adapted almost four monthly chapters. (It picks up at the end of chapter 33 and runs though 37.)

Of course, Chloe's backstory continues to be cut, including all scenes and references pertaining to her family and her feelings towards Gevaudan. The revelation of the Church fabricating the entire incident was shuffled and revealed in the most anti-climatic way. Plenty of other cuts abounded.

The adaptation of this arc has been utter crap. The anime completely ruined the pacing and build-up. This is basically an abridged version.

At this point, I'm only watching for specific scenes. The staff obviously has no intention on properly adapting anything that doesn't involve the three leads.
Old 2022-02-07, 12:27   Link #110
Chiibi

This ep was great.

The Vanitas yeeting continues and I love it.

NSFW language

Spoiler:

Take my gifs

Spoiler:

Can we talk about Noe getting PUNCHED by his own cat?
Old 2022-02-11, 18:07   Link #111
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quite a lot happened, once again. Guess they're still rushing, but for someone like me who doesn't know any better, it's fine.
Old 2022-02-11, 18:20   Link #112
Chiibi

"Begone, thot."

Stuff got heavy with Jeanne at the end...
Old 2022-02-18, 14:27   Link #113
BPD Renegade

The little fucker Astolfo's two pages of backstory was expanded to this extent, but not even a minute could be spared to adapt Dante's similarly short flashback showing why he's loyal to Vanitas. In fact, the anime went out of its way to imply the exact opposite. In the manga, it was Johann who insisted they flee and Dante who refused to abandon Vanitas. Is it the curse of not being a bishounen?

All the skipped dhampir scenes are minor up to now, but I've had this wild-ass guess for a while from all the offhand panels/background lines that Dante is unknowingly Ruthven's son (same hair color, same nose) and Johann's working for Ruthven (broken arm, overprotectiveness). Of course I could be dead wrong, but at least the manga provides enough details for some opportunity to make dead-wrong conjectures.

This episode adapted just over one chapter and Astolfo's skipped flashback. If it continues at this pace, the upcoming adapted chapters should be really good, but unless they go with an original ending, I've no idea how they plan to fill out the rest of the season without completely butchering the next arc.
Old 2022-02-18, 19:27   Link #114
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The Dhampirs' motive is a completely mystery, and I think they're trying to keep it that way and it's the reason they left that flashback out.

I'm so used to the frantic pacing that it felt like not much happened in this episode.
Old 2022-02-21, 23:55   Link #115
Chiibi

When Vanitas told Jeanne he'd grant her any wish because he loves her, I felt all warm and fuzzy.

They really looked like a Power Couple by the end there.
Old 2022-02-25, 18:09   Link #116
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Jeanne is such a great girl. I'm actually curious what fujos think of her, and of this series in general.
Old 2022-02-25, 18:15   Link #117
Chiibi

Well, I'll be damned if Jeanne didn't just snap that boy like a toothpick
I am just living for this sort of scenario right now.

Where did that arrogant devil from the first few episodes go? GONE. He is freaking gone.

I mean
LOOK at him

Don't get me wrong; I like ALL the sides of Vanitas. I've loved him from the first second he was on screen. But there's nothing I love more than seeing a character who tries to close off his heart getting those walls shattered into teeny tiny little pieces.

That's great stuff. Lemme eat it. OM NOM NOM NOM NOM.

Quote:
I'm actually curious what fujos think of her
They ship her with Domi

I don't blame them that much...though I think Jeanne is only into men, everyone ELSE in the Vanitas cast might as well go walking around with "I AM BISEXUAL" tatooed on their foreheads.

I started off shipping our two boys (kinda unusual for me but their chemistry is way too amazing) but I love Vanitas x Jeanne as well now. It's impossible to choose at this point.
This makes me a mult-shipper. Again, rare lol The only other two anime that did this for me were Oregairu and KanojoxKanojo)

Last edited by Chiibi; 2022-02-25 at 19:59.
Chiibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-25, 21:08   Link #118
Wandering Soul

For a series that I was sure was going to go deep with fujo pandering, the relationship between Vantias and Jeanne gets a good amount of focus and is pretty sweet.
Old 2022-02-26, 00:02   Link #119
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Jeanne has broken through that cold hard cynical exterior of Vanitas. He has been putting up a thick wall all this while to keep away loving emotions and feelings from getting through but Jeanne has made it through to him. He's changed. There's no going back now for Vanitas.

One other point from this episode is that Roland is definitely feeling smug in having his hunches about him getting in league with Vanitas-Noe proven right. While the church pushes its orthodoxy, he has seen past it and now trusts Vanitas-Noe to do what's right. That "I knew it that I was right in trusting these two" look when it was shown in flashback that he was with them and heard Vanitas telling Noe to trust himself.
Old 2022-03-04, 13:10   Link #120
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Episode 20
ROFL

This episode puts beyond doubt that Vanitas has fallen deeply in love with Jeanne. He is doing all he can to deny it. Being head-over-heels in love and in Paris - that's deadly to bachelorhood.

Jeanne is in turn as well. She is handling it better. However, Vanitas better beware because she will pin you down to consummate if you meet her again and your eyes meet. Jeanne has her prey in sight.

Dominique is way too obvious in her love for Noe.

In any case, we eventually get to the hook for the next arc by the end of the episode.