AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2022-10-15, 08:48   Link #21
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Can someone remind me of what happened to Burgess' face? It's been so long...
Old 2022-10-15, 10:23   Link #22
itachi-san314

At least Law wasn't a Nami clone I thought Iva was going to show up for a second.

Blackbeard is so much more interesting than Kaido or Big Mom. It almost feels like they were filler now that we're at Vegapunk and things are getting exciting again. Wano was too long of a stagnation. Oda should have gone with the 5 act structure people thought it was going to be and then we could have had a couple more breaks with these kinds of interesting subplots. It wouldn't have been Law or Vegapunk, but there are a ton characters I would have liked to have seen more of the last 5 or so years.
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-15, 15:28   Link #23
necrolyte

I agree with you @itachi-san314. It would've been awesome if Oda had put some breaks in between every 10/20/30 chapters showing what's happening with other characters for example with BB, the revolutionary army, strawhats' fleet and so on. Also this way the Wano arc would've felt better imho.
necrolyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-15, 23:44   Link #24
Jmariofan7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I'll wait for the chapter, but it kinda sounds like Oda didn't think things through once again by having the guy with power to give disease turn Law into a woman to weaken him. There are just so many problems with that

Burgess' DF suits him, but giving the guy whose main trait was his superstrength a DF that gives him superstrength feels a bit dumb. And no, I don't think he had it before. He wanted to eat the Mera Mera, and I very doubt anyone other than BB can eat more than one DF.
What do you even mean “Oda didn’t think things through”? Maybe Doc Q just does that to toy with people, besides, Law had to exert some Haki to negate the fruit powers, which used up some stamina. No offence but it seems like you are complaining for the sake of complaining.

And how is Burgess having a DF for super strength stupid? Before he got it when Ace fought Blackbeard, Burgess was able to left up an entire hotel to throw at Ace, that DF will just multiply that strength even further, it makes sense because they are hunting for DF that are best suited for each of their abilities, Van Auger’s Warp Warp Fruit can allow him to teleport his bullets, think like Braig/Xigbar from Kingdom Hearts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard07 View Post
Reading above, did Wano leave some with such a bad impression?,I mean, I also wish a few things were different (like Law and Kid's crews having more involvement or a power boost, that Apoo had shared the same fate as Hawkins or Luffy's fruit not being legendary), but overall I still think it was a good saga, am I the only one like this?.
It was probably just too long for a few readers, but that will probably die down now that Wano can be binge read like previous arcs. Go read Alabasta, Skypeia or Enies Lobby again, except you are only allowed to read one chapter per week with a break in the 4th week.
They will see that their so called "New World pacing issues” has always been there. Or go read Totland or Dressrosa in a single day, you'll notice how much better they are that way.

But regarding the reveal of Luffy’s fruit, you do realize that Oda had always planned for the Gomu-Gomu Fruit to be more than it initially appeared to be (it also gave a big revelation about Zoan Fruits), how do you explain all the Sun symbolism foreshadowing, like the Thousand Sunny? Not to mention the “D” thing which most likely stands for DAWN, which is huge Sun symbolism, heck the first chapter was called Romance DAWN. Just because you couldn’t pick up on all the signals, doesn’t mean it wasn’t there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by necrolyte View Post
Another great chapter from Oda, the man is in a row. I also agree that Law doesn't stand a chance against BB's crew but I was just wondering, how the heck is BB moving so fast. As far as I remember the Hancock island is not anywhere near end of Grand line, it should've taken him weeks to get to this point. My guess is old school pirates know a lot about traveling through Grand line and that's how he got here so fast but who knows what will be Oda's explanation, if any is given.
Did you forget that this very chapter Van Auger is revealed to have the WARP WARP Fruit? He clearly used that fruit to teleport Teach’s Saber of Xebec ship a couple of times to quick travel.

Last edited by Jmariofan7; 2022-10-16 at 00:10.
Jmariofan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-16, 07:00   Link #25
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmariofan7 View Post
What do you even mean “Oda didn’t think things through”? Maybe Doc Q just does that to toy with people, besides, Law had to exert some Haki to negate the fruit powers, which used up some stamina. No offence but it seems like you are complaining for the sake of complaining.

And how is Burgess having a DF for super strength stupid? Before he got it when Ace fought Blackbeard, Burgess was able to left up an entire hotel to throw at Ace, that DF will just multiply that strength even further, it makes sense because they are hunting for DF that are best suited for each of their abilities, Van Auger’s Warp Warp Fruit can allow him to teleport his bullets, think like Braig/Xigbar from Kingdom Hearts.

It was probably just too long for a few readers, but that will probably die down now that Wano can be binge read like previous arcs. Go read Alabasta, Skypeia or Enies Lobby again, except you are only allowed to read one chapter per week with a break in the 4th week.
They will see that their so called "New World pacing issues” has always been there. Or go read Totland or Dressrosa in a single day, you'll notice how much better they are that way.
The spoilers made it sound worse than it was. Doc Q clearly just did it to mess around, and not because he thought turning Law into a woman would weaken him or something like that. I don't particularly care about it but I'm sure many people will feel that "turning into a woman" being a disease is problematic though.

Like I said, it suits him since it improves on his existing strength, but it's dumb in the sense it's very unimaginative. Rather than dumb, I should have said lame.

I disagree that Wano will be better on a binge read. In fact, I re-read all of One Piece during the long break and my feelings on Dressrosa didn't change at all. I think I hate it even more now. To me, Dressrosa and Wano are not inherently bad arcs but they just dragged way too much, and binge reading them doesn't change anything. Bad pacing is bad pacing.
Old 2022-10-16, 12:11   Link #26
necrolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmariofan7 View Post
Did you forget that this very chapter Van Auger is revealed to have the WARP WARP Fruit? He clearly used that fruit to teleport Teach’s Saber of Xebec ship a couple of times to quick travel.
I clearly missed that part otherwise I wouldn't have asked how they covered such a long distance for such a short time
necrolyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-16, 13:41   Link #27
BPD Renegade

For a moment, I thought Ivankov had been randomly killed offscreen.

With Coby lurking around and the key players in the Rocky Port Incident gathered, guess the details will finally get revealed. So many answers lately -- the latest chapters have been a ride!
BPD Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-17, 08:46   Link #28
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Law

also I doubt Oda will remove Law this soon. But I also can't think of anyone that can interfere with the battle. Only few are dare to challenge Teach after all.
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-17, 18:49   Link #29
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
Law

also I doubt Oda will remove Law this soon. But I also can't think of anyone that can interfere with the battle. Only few are dare to challenge Teach after all.
Law will probably be captured. Unlike Coby, Blackbeard would have a good reason to keep him alive: force him to perform the immortality surgery. It was implied it's not something anyone can do, so he can't just steal the fruit and give it to some rando.