AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2011-02-21, 16:10   Link #3341
pancakes
*Author

[QUOTE=SkyFlames;3496714]
Now that you say it, the phrase that Shana recitated is from Shakespeare (mispelled probably), it may not be related to R&J, but there may be a "fake" ending in which one we see Shana and Yuji dying together as in season 1, and then it rolls up that both are alive somehow. But seriously, if they kill either of them, then J.C. Staff will earn hatters around the world, even if it's the novel's final, they will definitely make a "happy" Original Anime ending.

Actually that quote WAS from William Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet. Shakespeare was the author. So yes it does relate to R+J. But yes i do agree with you that they will HAVE to make a happy ending.
pancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-21, 16:21   Link #3342
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by pancakes View Post
Now that you say it, the phrase that Shana recitated is from Shakespeare (mispelled probably), it may not be related to R&J, but there may be a "fake" ending in which one we see Shana and Yuji dying together as in season 1, and then it rolls up that both are alive somehow. But seriously, if they kill either of them, then J.C. Staff will earn hatters around the world, even if it's the novel's final, they will definitely make a "happy" Original Anime ending.

Actually that quote WAS from William Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet. Shakespeare was the author. So yes it does relate to R+J. But yes i do agree with you that they will HAVE to make a happy ending.
They'll probably do the same thing that they did with Shakugan no Shana season 2, fill the series up with "some" things from the novel. While the majority of it will basically be Anime Original. There would be no purpose really if they just made those Anime Originals without a reason, it's probably a future plan of theirs to make season 3 mostly based on these originals to make everyone happy.
Old 2011-02-21, 16:56   Link #3343
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

Or maybe they will screw our minds with a School days' style finale j/k
Old 2011-02-21, 17:23   Link #3344
pancakes
*Author

God forbid a school days ending.I just wanna see yuji go insane god mode in the anime. Speaking in truth,I wouldve by like episode 9 in the first season. I dont know how he lasted 48 episodes,5 OVAS,and a movie of being everybodys punching bag.
Old 2011-02-21, 20:21   Link #3345
Blutsauger

Send a message via MSN to Blutsauger
Oh no! Not another ending like School Days! :O

I'd take another Anime Original Ending please...
Blutsauger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-22, 06:17   Link #3346
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

Just finished reading SnS Volume III Got to thank B-T for the traslation.
Gonna start with the IV.
Old 2011-02-22, 10:45   Link #3347
pancakes
*Author

SkyFlames where did you find translated novels 3 and up? If you could give me a link id greatly appreciate it.
Old 2011-02-22, 10:57   Link #3348
pancakes
*Author

Also before I forget, a lot of you were talking about the OVAS. I thought they were all pretty good and hilarious except for reshuffle. It felt played out and corny. The characters werent themselves(especially yuji who acted like the biggest idiot)And lastly it was to fanservicey(is that a word?) Seriously, how many times do I have to see Shana's butt before the series is over? We get it JC staff, yji is an EXTREMELY lucky guy. I felt like i was watching an episode of jersey shore,except animated. But, the other ones were pretty good. Never laughed so hard at an anime until the hot springs tutorial.
Old 2011-02-22, 12:09   Link #3349
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

Quote:
Originally Posted by pancakes View Post
Also before I forget, a lot of you were talking about the OVAS. I thought they were all pretty good and hilarious except for reshuffle. It felt played out and corny. The characters werent themselves(especially yuji who acted like the biggest idiot)And lastly it was to fanservicey(is that a word?) Seriously, how many times do I have to see Shana's butt before the series is over? We get it JC staff, yji is an EXTREMELY lucky guy. I felt like i was watching an episode of jersey shore,except animated. But, the other ones were pretty good. Never laughed so hard at an anime until the hot springs tutorial.
Actually Reshuffle was the more hilarious one in my opinion, I think it was one of my favourite from Season S, it was mainly for fan service but was pretty funny to see how Shana and Yuuji dealed with the problem, the difficulties and all caused a lot of laughs from me, specially with the Yuji's urusai
I wonder why Alastor didn't say anything when Shana was about to kiss Yuji.

PD: Check your profile
Old 2011-02-22, 14:16   Link #3350
Blutsauger

IMO, Reshuffle was the funniest as well.
I mean, they spend so much time with each other, yet they don't know how one another acts. And the ice-cream oh the ice-cream! "oh no! is this a side-effect of the telescope?"
Old 2011-02-22, 15:14   Link #3351
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

Damn I'd have took the bath when Chigusa suggested j/k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blutsauger View Post
IMO, Reshuffle was the funniest as well.
I mean, they spend so much time with each other, yet they don't know how one another acts. And the ice-cream oh the ice-cream! "oh no! is this a side-effect of the telescope?"
Hahaha seriously, I was laughing as hell in that part, could not stop.
Old 2011-02-22, 15:45   Link #3352
Blutsauger

Same. I can't wait to enjoy the humour in Season 3. xD
I wonder where they'll start. I'm hoping at the end of season 2, but that was an Anime Original Ending so it wouldn't follow the books then. So the people who have read Volume 16, where do you think the Anime season 3 will start?
Old 2011-02-22, 16:22   Link #3353
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Same. I can't wait to enjoy the humour in Season 3. xD
I wonder where they'll start. I'm hoping at the end of season 2, but that was an Anime Original Ending so it wouldn't follow the books then. So the people who have read Volume 16, where do you think the Anime season 3 will start?
The majority of the ending for season 2 was Anime Original (Statue of Pride and whatnot). But the part where Yuji was going to decide who he wanted to truly be with was actually part of it. The last part of Shakugan no Shana S's episode 4 was telling us what happened during the Christmas event. So I would think, if they want to keep Yuji's bad side a surprise until the bridge battle, they would just start the season off with everyone looking for Yuji. While keeping Yuji a secret from the scenes to show off later in.

There's been expectations from other people that season 3 will start off based on the novels since Snake will see Yuji as a worthy companion after the whole Statue of Pride incident and chooses him to merge with and go about his plans. Then it eventually leads on to other contents of the novels and maybe some Anime Originals they decide to throw in.

That's all from what I saw.
Old 2011-02-22, 16:34   Link #3354
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

Knowing that it is gonna be Anime Original makes me want to read the novels more...
Old 2011-02-22, 16:35   Link #3355
Blutsauger

That would make sense. But, at the end of season 2, after the battle and during the end song, you see Yoshida stand waiting and Shana stand waiting, and then you see Shana in a half turn then it fades. I thought that signified that Yuji had chosen Shana over Yoshida. So why would they be looking for Yuji?
I don't know what happens, but maybe we're both right. I'm going to guess, Shana turns to find Yuji but Yuji has already made the contract with SnH. So a conversation goes on and Shana and Alastor find out why Yuji is dressed so appalingly. But then how would that get to the Bridge scene? I don't know. Because the Christmas scene happens at night and the Bridge scene is seen at either Dawn or Dusk.
Old 2011-02-22, 16:40   Link #3356
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

Quote:
That would make sense. But, at the end of season 2, after the battle and during the end song, you see Yoshida stand waiting and Shana stand waiting, and then you see Shana in a half turn then it fades. I thought that signified that Yuji had chosen Shana over Yoshida. So why would they be looking for Yuji?
I don't know what happens, but maybe we're both right. I'm going to guess, Shana turns to find Yuji but Yuji has already made the contract with SnH. So a conversation goes on and Shana and Alastor find out why Yuji is dressed so appalingly. But then how would that get to the Bridge scene? I don't know. Because the Christmas scene happens at night and the Bridge scene is seen at either Dawn or Dusk.
Some people say that she got happy because she saw Willhelmina, or the Yuji's parents, but I think she actually saw Yuji and he dissapeared inmediately after binding his existence with SoF. That would create a lot of drama, for Shana seeing Yuji dissapear in front of her, first thoughs would be that he banished as torche and would make her gets a major depresion.
Old 2011-02-22, 16:46   Link #3357
Blutsauger

Yuji's parent's or Wilhelmina? What? I don't think so. I don't think that's why they put a scene with Yoshida before that...I believe it is Yuji and something like your theory would happen. Is what I think. But I don't know anything.
Old 2011-02-22, 16:52   Link #3358
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyFlames View Post
Some people say that she got happy because she saw Willhelmina, or the Yuji's parents, but I think she actually saw Yuji and he dissapeared inmediately after binding his existence with SoF. That would create a lot of drama, for Shana seeing Yuji dissapear in front of her, first thoughs would be that he banished as torche and would make her gets a major depresion.
Or that J.C. Staff was trolling us for once with that surprise ending scene of Shana. But I do have to agree, that last minute reaction gave most of us some time thinking on how this could have related to the novels, but based on the lack of footprints on the snow, and where he was stationed in the last episode before his disappearance. I would assume that he wasn't even near Shana due to the lack of light source. Shana was near a lamppost, so unless there was a huge crowd and she just happened to see a glimpse of Yuji, then I can understand her reaction. It could be that she had many hopes up and thought she saw Yuji. But it was merely her imagination.

But Yuji disappears for quite awhile in the novels, which got Shana worried, and eventually his very existence in the world disappeared and nobody remembered him anymore. When he returned to the city, he was merely reminiscing on the past and just happened to meet Shana on the bridge for the fight. But if J.C. Staff wanted to show more Yuji and Shana action instead of waiting and creating drama, then they could go with what you said Blutsauger.
Old 2011-02-22, 17:00   Link #3359
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

Actually he was like 1 block away from Shana, in the footprints where close to the christmas tree ( my memory may fail) and Shana was right in front of it. Maybe the illumination was ment to create some drama and focus on Yuji's dissappearence.
Old 2011-02-22, 17:02   Link #3360
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyFlames View Post
Actually he was like 1 block away from Shana, in the footprints where close to the christmas tree ( my memory may fail) and Shana was right in front of it. Maybe the illumination was ment to create some drama and focus on Yuji's dissappearence.
You may be right, my detective skills are pretty bad as you can tell it could also go with Yuji accepting Snake's offer before even walking towards who he wanted to be with, and leaving a message before he up and leaves. (If J.C. Staff tends to speed up the meeting)

Tags
dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, romance, seinen, shounen