AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-01-27, 12:26   Link #341
LyricalAura
Dea ex Kakera

I was rereading the first two episodes to prepare for starting episode 3, and something interesting jumped out at me that I completely missed the first time through.

Spoiler for Beatrice gets meta:
Old 2009-01-27, 16:27   Link #342
Saerianne
*cackle*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalAura View Post
I was rereading the first two episodes to prepare for starting episode 3, and something interesting jumped out at me that I completely missed the first time through.

Spoiler for Beatrice gets meta:
Damn. I never noticed that. It could definitely be linked.
Old 2009-01-28, 17:41   Link #343
Bern-chan
Not Rika Furude

Send a message via MSN to Bern-chan
Btw, I was wondering, since Lambdadelta means 34 in Greek, does Bernkastel mean anything? Other than being the last name of Frederica Bernkastel of course.
Old 2009-01-29, 04:52   Link #344
HigurashinoUmineko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bern-chan View Post
Btw, I was wondering, since Lambdadelta means 34 in Greek, does Bernkastel mean anything? Other than being the last name of Frederica Bernkastel of course.
It's the name of a wine

Possible the wine that Rika Furude drinks..

Last edited by HigurashinoUmineko; 2009-01-29 at 05:58. Reason: Well I needed to add more info
Old 2009-01-29, 15:24   Link #345
Exilon
Philosopher of theories

Unless it's just a common phrase?
Although, very nice catch.
I think there's soemthing else on it, though. Could Bernkastel be hinting at that particular reference?
Old 2009-01-30, 17:54   Link #346
MuzikalNotes
Amry-chan, mii~

Quote:
Originally Posted by HigurashinoUmineko View Post
It's the name of a wine

Possible the wine that Rika Furude drinks..
Actually, Bernkastel was a character in the Higurashi VN, though the only appearance she's ever had in the anime was in the ending of the last episode, when this "adult Rika" comes up to Takano, though this is mostly fan speculation. I don't know much about Bernkastel in Higurashi, though, since I've only read a bit of the VN and the anime didn't show much info on her.
Old 2009-01-30, 18:51   Link #347
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuzikalNotes View Post
Actually, Bernkastel was a character in the Higurashi VN, though the only appearance she's ever had in the anime was in the ending of the last episode, when this "adult Rika" comes up to Takano, though this is mostly fan speculation. I don't know much about Bernkastel in Higurashi, though, since I've only read a bit of the VN and the anime didn't show much info on her.
And like HigurashinoUmineko said, her name is also the name of the brand of wine Rika drinks... that was pretty much the answer to Bern-chan's question. =P

So both Lambdadelta and Bernkastel have names connected to the characters they were based off of. :3

Old 2009-01-30, 19:51   Link #348
Bern-chan
Not Rika Furude

Send a message via MSN to Bern-chan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maho Momo View Post
And like HigurashinoUmineko said, her name is also the name of the brand of wine Rika drinks... that was pretty much the answer to Bern-chan's question. =P

So both Lambdadelta and Bernkastel have names connected to the characters they were based off of. :3
Technically those chars were based off of them if you go by in-game canon, but Higurashi was most likely written before Ryuu had even thought of Umineko. but it's still possible that he had it planned too I guess, idk.
Old 2009-02-23, 20:54   Link #349
rogerpepitone

Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
Something I dislike about the dominant theory of the killer:

Spoiler for dominant theory of the killer:

Spoiler for Other:
Old 2009-02-23, 22:00   Link #350
Haruyan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerpepitone View Post
Something I dislike about the dominant theory of the killer:

Spoiler for dominant theory of the killer:
Spoiler:
Old 2009-02-24, 19:54   Link #351
rogerpepitone

Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
I guess I wasn't clear; I disagree with the dominant theory for that reason.

General statements:
1) The characters in the story are unaware of the red text, and will not take any actions that benefit them only with additions of the red text.
2) Anything that requires an object that would not normally be found on the island, or that the person would not normally carry, must have been planned for before leaving for Rokkenjima.
3) Anything that requires moving a substantial amount of additional stuff not normally on the island probably requires an assistant who is a regular inhabitant of the island.

I'm not sure whether the door could be locked from the outside without a key, but I doubt it; it would be odd to use that kind of lock on just one door. For now, I'll assume it isn't.

From that:
Spoiler for misc:
Old 2009-04-08, 10:50   Link #352
Ankoku-chan

Send a message via Yahoo to Ankoku-chan
Has anybody figured out what the green patch is during the Tsururettan performance? Sorry I couldn't catch the whole thing as it went by the screen.
Old 2009-04-18, 08:31   Link #353
Killerloli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maho Momo View Post

May I ask because I'm pretty new to Umineko but is Lambadadelta, connected to Takano?
Old 2009-04-18, 08:37   Link #354
Ichy
It`s a miracle!

Location: This is the Kind of Woman I want to play Games with. And by playing Games I mean.... ^____^
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerloli View Post
May I ask because I'm pretty new to Umineko but is Lambadadelta, connected to Takano?
Spoiler for answer:
Old 2009-04-18, 13:06   Link #355
Kitsu
The unlucky one

May I post a theory of mine which bugs me for a really loooooooong time

Spoiler:
Old 2009-04-18, 13:11   Link #356
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Spoiler for episode2:

Old 2009-04-18, 13:19   Link #357
Kitsu
The unlucky one

Spoiler:

Last edited by Kitsu; 2009-04-19 at 06:09.
Old 2009-04-19, 02:16   Link #358
Auria

Spoiler for Beato/Jessy:

Last edited by Auria; 2009-04-19 at 02:17. Reason: BB Code fail
Old 2009-04-19, 06:12   Link #359
Kitsu
The unlucky one

Spoiler for Jessy/Beato:
Old 2009-05-05, 12:49   Link #360
Seeneniit

I finished episode two last night. I feel like I didn't pay much attention to the text tough, since I was a bit confused a lot of times. I did not even try to solve the puzzles most of the time since I assumed that there is probably something that has not yet been introduced to the reader.
I really don't like the character designs for Kyrie and Battler. There are some others that I also don't like but not as much as those two. I can't take Kyrie seriously at all because of her clothes. It's just ridiculous. And Battler's trousers look really funny. At least you are not able to see them while playing the game. But I like the way that Rosa, Natsuhi and Rudolf were drawn a lot.
I also like a lot that the witchcraft is not presented in some sort of dark,evil etc. style but it is a bit cheerful, a little whimsical and pompous. Mostly because of the background music and sound effects.
I was thinking of dropping reading this in the beginning of the second part because it got too much magic involved and had too much unanswered questions. The ending even felt as if it was symbolic writing.
Closed Thread