Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-12-21, 10:20   Link #1961
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
That's so messed up I don't even know what to say. Why would Akira and Kazuha even do that in the first place? Don't you think Akira would be seriously traumatized after witnessing such a thing? She was fine in the epilogue, just a little bit depressed her new best bud Sora left without saying anything.

I don't consider the bunny to be solid evidence:

- It could be a new one they bought during their travel( it's possible it was a very popular type of bunny)
- There could have been two bunnies from the start (one for Haru, one for Sora)
- It could simply be an animation error (will have to wait for the BD/DVD release to confirm)

The biggest enigma is how Sora managed to pull both herself and Haru out of the water. While it's not impossible, I admit it's a bit hard to believe. That lake seemed like it was as deep as hell too.
Nope they didn't die. And I am sure that the train is on its way bound to Europe, and that the bunny (probably handmade in the first place), is made again.

The new rabbit probably meant that they start out fresh again for each other. As the saying goes "follow the white rabbit", they followed the black one that lead them astray, but at least they have each other.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-21, 11:21   Link #1962
Fnights
Yoku dekimashita!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The biggest enigma is how Sora managed to pull both herself and Haru out of the water. While it's not impossible, I admit it's a bit hard to believe. That lake seemed like it was as deep as hell too.
Yes, i'm wondering the same too. Maybe someone that have played the game where happen the same event can explain this. Who save them? Only Nao (a very skilled swimmer) could (according to the omake in the ending song).
Fnights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-21, 11:30   Link #1963
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Yeah, that's a great ending, if a bit sad. I also think that it's deliberately left ambiguous, but either way like someone said the point is that they end up together no matter what. Wolfwood's theory for a happy ending is also pretty viable, actually. The whole jumping to the lake and eloping isn't that much a surprise for me, but what really surprises me is that it's Kozue instead of Nao that got it worse. And despite it all I still feel a bit bad for her...I mean sure, it's twincest here but in a real life I probably have a similar reaction like her, not to mention that she's heartbroken and never get a happy ending...I really hope she'll get an OVA or something later on.

On a whole, this series is really pretty good. Sure there are explicit sex scenes, but like someone else said, while showing it explicitly doesn't really add that much, it doesn't detract anything either. In fact, it can really help strengthen the scene and the relationship.

There's a few bits here and there I'm not a big fan of, as I feel sometimes the constraint with 12 episodes really shows. Maybe it's better if they can add an episode for each heroine (I think part of why Sora is the best arc, maybe due to more episodes as well?), make it 2 cour too to give routes for Kozue, Yahiro and Motoka. Speaking of the maid, her arc turns out pretty good too, I thought at first it's nothing more than joke route, but it's taken pretty seriously later on too. But on the whole, the production quality really shows, the placement of music and directing is great as well, showing subtle bits and hints that means a lot (thanks a lot for relentlessflame to pointing this out).

So yeah, I also wish for future VN adaptation to take this approach, actually showing the H is refreshing and I also prefer the 'save/load' omnibus format instead of Amagami's reset button, but taken seriously like here. I too wish the people working behind this to produce another great work.
Old 2010-12-21, 11:31   Link #1964
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fnights View Post
Yes, i'm wondering the same too. Maybe someone that have played the game where happen the same event can explain this. Who save them? Only Nao (a very skilled swimmer) could (according to the omake in the ending song).
It is most likely Nao. Then she just left them alone because she realised that even she herself couldn't break them apart.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-12-21, 11:31   Link #1965
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter003 View Post
Perhaps low tide came, and swept the twins to dry ground. That's what I like to believe on how they survived. In a way, they are "reborn" and maybe, live on happily ever after.
It takes seconds to minutes to drown. It takes hours for the tide to change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kameruka View Post
However I don't agree with this theory since it has too many plot holes. I remember how Code Geass fans debated wether Lelouch is dead or not.
Akira doesn't seem like the type to bring Kazuha into her grief. She'd be more likely to just send the text herself to Kazuha and shoulder the burden of grief herself. You know, like she does with her loneliness and sadness about her mother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fnights View Post
Anyone who's gone through any sort of diver safety knows how hard it is to swim with clothes on. It restrains your movement and starts to weigh a lot. I don't know if Sora'd be able to swim out by herself, let alone with Haru. I don't know if even an advanced swimmer like Nao would be able to carry them both out from the bottom of the lake before one or both drowned.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-21, 11:45   Link #1966
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Anyone who's gone through any sort of diver safety knows how hard it is to swim with clothes on. It restrains your movement and starts to weigh a lot. I don't know if Sora'd be able to swim out by herself, let alone with Haru. I don't know if even an advanced swimmer like Nao would be able to carry them both out from the bottom of the lake before one or both drowned.
You know those two things dangling from Nao's chest? It makes her the only person capable of saving both of them as it increases her physical buoyancy.

P.S I had basic diver training too. Swimming with clothes on only makes it difficult for your limbs to move openly, but it is nowhere as difficult as doing so with a rebreather.

Old 2010-12-21, 12:02   Link #1967
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
It is most likely Nao.
Possibly foreshadowed in the parody ending now that i think about it. Well the lightning bit was there too...
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-21, 12:18   Link #1968
Lilith
Your average fangirl

Maybe they didn't drown at all and it was Haruka's wish/imagination. I guess he fell down and Sora managed to pull him ashore.

I'm loving the ambiguity, too. Also, I want to say that Ep 11 is my all time fav ep. And my favorite scene in Ep 12 was Haruka's nervous breakdown: Violating Sora, arguing with her and finally slapping her. I was so surprised I felt the slap on my cheek. O_O;;

Anyway... twincest is wincest *waves flags*
Old 2010-12-21, 12:33   Link #1969
demonkevy666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith View Post
Maybe they didn't drown at all and it was Haruka's wish/imagination. I guess he fell down and Sora managed to pull him ashore.

I'm loving the ambiguity, too. Also, I want to say that Ep 11 is my all time fav ep. And my favorite scene in Ep 12 was Haruka's nervous breakdown: Violating Sora, arguing with her and finally slapping her. I was so surprised I felt the slap on my cheek. O_O;;

Anyway... twincest is wincest *waves flags*
"it's fraternal twinscest"

cue mutant children comments lol
demonkevy666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-21, 13:01   Link #1970
Fnights
Yoku dekimashita!

At this point i'm curious how they manage to end the manga too:
http://www.kadokawa.co.jp/comic/bk_d...d=201008000623
Fnights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-21, 13:33   Link #1971
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
This may as well be the only way they can get a "happy" ending, because from what I see they won't be able to get that while alive. Happy ending for them at least, bittersweet for the rest of us.
Don't think I can agree on that, I don't see how them drowning in a lake in the middle of nowhere so they can be together can be considered "happy"
Maybe I'm just not in tune with the poetic or symbolic side of it.
Maybe I just cling to life a little more tightly than others but I honestly can't say I see it as a "Happy Ending" for them if they died in that lake.
They had their whole lives ahead of them and didn't get to live it out.

Sure there is the fact life might have not accepted them but I hate to think that would be the case.

Well since I don't like to think of the bad side of life, I'm just gonna go with they live their lives peacefully somewhere nice and quiet, a proper happy ending

Well I will say they did wrap this up very well. Even if the ending is somewhat ambiguous.
Don't know why but I chuckled quite alot seeing Sora butt naked at the start, it was just rather amusing

and awww Motoka-chan became a bride!
really gonna miss them little extras.
Old 2010-12-21, 15:01   Link #1972
Kuusou Naku
Sky of Connection

Mmmm ...
The evidence is not solid But i can say this .... With the "Red truth " (?)

*They can be dead , but think a little...
The TextMessage from Haruka to Kazuha , Was received in the day...
The dead people can't send messages from a Cellphone...
* Ryohei said " This is Insane ... Just the two of them , living together oversea"
They're living in other Country...
* I can remember something... The plushie was a present from Haru to sora,
Because the plushie it have a Special mean
"With this Plushie , You never gonna be alone again" -Little Haruka

*We can remember the fact (Haruka saw the remaining pieces of the rabbit , and he understand , She is not here... And later a confirmation (Text message"

* You can reborn as a person
They confirmed their relationship , and started over.

*"In solicitude , we where are least alone"
That meaning its apply for all the story.
Because Their Solicitude were Be happy haru and the each girl
( In solicitude , we where least alone)
In the end , They scaped from this place , Full of bad memories ...
And start over again ... Somewhere , they can be least alone.(Other country)

* Remember ... When we go to the heaven ... We cant take things to that place

* I dont discard the idea of NAO DA' LIFEGUARD , And the omake end ... Why
akira eats the Kazuha's head ... Because , When Kazuha plays a little piece to akira , She relax and sleeps ( And the BIG factor head + Big Yawn = Run or i gonna eat you *^*)
First save : Nao arc = When he go to the beach , Haruka go to the sea. RCP xD
(That Order)
Second save : Sora's arc = She heard about the Lake too. And she accepted their relation too .

Sorry for my english
Im from Chile
(Earthquake country ;D , xD)
Kuusou Naku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-21, 15:06   Link #1973
Ketro

I loved this last episode, a great conclusion to my favorite arc

Sora's determination was nice to see, and Haru's conflict within himself really brought out the question "Is it ok to love, even if it doesn't fall within societal beliefs?" Their "rebirth" really touched my heart as well as solved Haru's wavering mind, as for how they got out of the water I think it's better left a mystery

This is definitely my favorite anime of the season. I can't wait to buy the BD as well as a few other goodies

Also, is anyone planning on making avatars for this episode? I would like to request one on Sora (in particular, the one where she is smiling on her pillow), and if someone could please make one, I'd appreciate it ^^

Last edited by Ketro; 2010-12-21 at 15:26. Reason: Request
Ketro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-21, 15:46   Link #1974
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justice Knight View Post
haizzzz this ended so quickly and it taught me a valuable lesson

be good to your schoolmates
be good to everyone close to you
???
profit!!!

u know what i mean
Wrong...wrong!

Be good to your sister
Be good to everyone, but more to your sister. Always get the "job" done regardless of circumstances (preferably with a silly grin)
???
a. Harem/profit!
b. Nice boats or trains....

Options a and b depends on the mindset of the girls.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-21, 16:57   Link #1975
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
...I don't see how them drowning in a lake in the middle of nowhere so they can be together can be considered "happy".... Don't know why but I chuckled quite alot seeing Sora butt naked at the start, it was just rather amusing....
It's a Japanese thing (as some posts on 2channel are saying). The land of lovers' suicides. When there is no way to actually get together, because of social disapproval of one kind or another, you take the lovers' leap together, and can be together -- in some sense -- forever. It's like the fullest possible declaration of love.

Naked Sora near the beginning of the episode just made me happy. That was nakedness rather than nudity: pure and natural, completely open to her lover, completely happy in their emotional and sexual relationship.

By the way, the problem with the tide saving them is that lakes don't have tides. Unless this was an inlet of the ocean, which seems unlikely, since they had to climb to get to it.

Personally, my first impression was happy end, so even if I can feel both ends now, I do have the happy one to fall back on. I think the anime has two endings: one dead one as they sink into the weeds/trees; and everything after that is the living one.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-21, 17:06   Link #1976
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Kinda expected it to end this way, although almost gave me a heartattack during the lake scene.

Anyone else sad that they didnt do an arc for the class prez?
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-21, 17:34   Link #1977
Peanutbutter

Thanks for clarifying the lake/tides stuff. I was wondering myself whether do tides even exist in lakes?

Maybe I'll just convince myself the lake itself is mystic in some ways, and its powers saved Haru/Sora.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-21, 17:37   Link #1978
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

I thought it was pretty freaking hilarious how everyone at the very start of the episode is more or less having conniptions, while Sora is utterly unconcerned. I'm pretty sure it was unintentionally funny.
Old 2010-12-21, 17:42   Link #1979
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketro View Post
Also, is anyone planning on making avatars for this episode? I would like to request one on Sora (in particular, the one where she is smiling on her pillow), and if someone could please make one, I'd appreciate it ^^

Was really tempted to use it myself~

I loved this scene. I hope someone will vector that lovely shot.
Old 2010-12-21, 17:50   Link #1980
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
I thought it was pretty freaking hilarious how everyone at the very start of the episode is more or less having conniptions, while Sora is utterly unconcerned. I'm pretty sure it was unintentionally funny.
For myself, I don't get why that's funny. What I felt was a combination of how happy she was and how blind she was. But we all find different things funny, so that's cool.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, eroge, romance, seinen, visual novel adaptation