AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-04-24, 00:48   Link #1401
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Just a note, but:

H2O+ (PS2 ve. of H2O) is now on sale!
Spoiler for information and images:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-01, 10:48   Link #1402
Caiobrz
Frantic Waller

For all of you who, like me, love Hayami (specially grown-up), a gem wallpaper (WS, 4:3 and 5:4 for all your needs) :

http://www.daisuki.com.br/wallpaper/1402
Caiobrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-01, 14:56   Link #1403
Kazuma77
Kakashi Fangirl

WOW i didn't expect that is going to happened from a simple harem anime into heart breaking one in the end.... i cried a bit in the end though...
~Ladies, if a guy ever tells you, he wants to cover you from head to toe in honey, and lick it all off inch by inch, that's the man who hasn't done it before. You start at her toes, and before you get to anything interesting, she is asleep and you are in diabetic coma ~
Kazuma77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-05, 16:17   Link #1404
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Wow....Hinata pulling a seductress act, eh? I wonder what the show would've been like if she actually acted that way...

Spoiler for Pretty much NSFW:
Old 2008-05-05, 16:37   Link #1405
DanielSong39

The way the show ended, I would've been perfectly satisfied with a Hinata ending. Alas, the top two candidates met their untimely demise (one of them before the show even got started), and Hinata was the only one to remain in the world of the living.

Well, one can always hope that the reappearance of Hayami was yet another one of Takuma's hallucinations, but that does that necessarily bode well? Not farfetched to consider Takuma damaged goods at this point.
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-05, 18:22   Link #1406
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post
Alas, the top two candidates met their untimely demise
"Top two candidates" by what measure? If you go by the usual anime metrics (first to appear, primary dilemma, focus of first episode, primary appearance in OP, etc.), it seemed to me that it was never really in question. The show was all about Hayami from beginning to end; never saw much wiggle room.

Quote:
Well, one can always hope that the reappearance of Hayami was yet another one of Takuma's hallucinations, but that does that necessarily bode well? Not farfetched to consider Takuma damaged goods at this point.
It seems to me you've replaced one "illogical" ending with an even more illogical possibility, but whatever works for you!
Old 2008-05-05, 21:32   Link #1407
DanielSong39

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
"Top two candidates" by what measure? If you go by the usual anime metrics (first to appear, primary dilemma, focus of first episode, primary appearance in OP, etc.), it seemed to me that it was never really in question. The show was all about Hayami from beginning to end; never saw much wiggle room.

It seems to me you've replaced one "illogical" ending with an even more illogical possibility, but whatever works for you!
Hayami died in episode 12 so I'm counting her among the top two candidates. Otoha died years ago, but had her moments in episode 8 and would have likely become Takuma's fiancee had she lived.

The show never makes clear what the "true" reality is, but maybe that's kinda the point. May Takuma and Hayami lead a happy life together, even if it's only in Takuma's imagination...

Last edited by DanielSong39; 2008-05-07 at 19:48.
Old 2008-05-06, 23:12   Link #1408
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Hayami died in episode 13 so I'm counting her among the top two candidates. Otoha died years ago, but had her moments in episode 8 and would have likely become Takuma's fiancee had she lived.

The show never makes clear what the "true" reality is, but maybe that's kinda the point. May Takuma and Hayami lead a happy life together, even if it's only in Takuma's imagination...
But then you're basically just saying that the whole anime could have all been in Takuma's head, because he also would have "imagined" Otoha's return to explain how she brought Hayami back. We already know that he "imagined" himself being able to see too, so hey -- I guess you could say, "who knows!"

I still vote that the provided explanation is more likely given the context of the story, but hey. *shrug*
Old 2008-05-07, 00:59   Link #1409
DanielSong39

Who knows? Perhaps the whole anime was all in Takuma's head after all.

The anime slowly lost its grip on reality and it was completely shattered by episode 10. But I give it props for providing some entertaining content in the meantime - and I did enjoy the show as a whole, even after it went off to never-never land.
Old 2008-05-07, 05:14   Link #1410
Taricitous

Send a message via MSN to Taricitous
Quote:
The anime slowly lost its grip on reality and it was completely shattered by episode 10. But I give it props for providing some entertaining content in the meantime - and I did enjoy the show as a whole, even after it went off to never-never land.
Lost its grip on reality? I dont think it started with it, if u go back to ep.1 the prologue was talking about 'God', can that be considered 'real', it may for some but fairies and God dont aint exactly what you call 'reality'.

Quote:
Hayami died in episode 13 so I'm counting her among the top two candidates. Otoha died years ago, but had her moments in episode 8 and would have likely become Takuma's fiancee had she lived.

Even though Hayami 'died' on ep.12, it is only a assumption, there is NO evidence on her death is there? (no grave, none of the other characters specifically announced so, was the acknowledged by Takuma) the anime did not show any real evidence on her death, it was left for the viewers to think as they wish

Otoha / (cough HINATA cough) did pass away years ago, however what your saying about her is not with the story is it?
Quote:
would have likely become Takuma's fiancee had she lived
that is the point isnt it? that she did not lived but to be around in spirit to help her sister (it is her will with the story Hotaru wrote) and Takuma

lastly yes its true that this series did not make clear what is 'true' reality, (but what exactly is 'true' reality?) but it does clearly portray the STORY and what is and is not reality within the STORY, i think thats all anyone that watches this can ask for (personally i dont think it is up to the viewers to portray what is or is not, just go along with the flow seems to work fine unless in special circumstances)

ps i am only expressing my opinion regarding the posts above and do/did not wish to target specific members personally
Old 2008-05-07, 10:58   Link #1411
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taricitous View Post
Even though Hayami 'died' on ep.12, it is only a assumption, there is NO evidence on her death is there? (no grave, none of the other characters specifically announced so, was the acknowledged by Takuma) the anime did not show any real evidence on her death, it was left for the viewers to think as they wish
Well, the outfit that Hotaru was wearing when she went back to visit Hayami's old house was a mourning dress, if I recall. It's a very quick passing reference that could easily be missed, but the implication is certainly that her death is real. There's also the conversation regarding the windmill Takuma was building being in memory of Hayami, which supports the above (or could not support it, if you don't take the above for granted). Also it's tied to why Otoha had to work so hard at convicing the spirit council to bring her back -- otherwise what was so difficult about it? Apparently resurrections aren't on their to-do list that often... So it basically goes train scene + mourning dress + memorial windmill + otoha convincing the spirit council/"take care of her this time" + her dramatic return = resurrection ending. If you don't agree with any one of those scenes meaning what it seems to imply, then the whole thing could derail.

Anyway, I've long since accepted that the above is one "reading" of the events, and because they pass by so quickly and are mostly vague and referential, it makes it very difficult to prove 100% (sort of like the whole "who the father of Maki's child is" thing -- an obvious hint, but only if you get the subtlety of the reference). This is why we can still be having this conversation a few months after the fact.
Old 2008-05-07, 14:42   Link #1412
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Anyway, I've long since accepted that the above is one "reading" of the events, and because they pass by so quickly and are mostly vague and referential, it makes it very difficult to prove 100% (sort of like the whole "who the father of Maki's child is" thing -- an obvious hint, but only if you get the subtlety of the reference). This is why we can still be having this conversation a few months after the fact.
Subtlety ... i think it has the subtlety of a buldozer I would like to think same about Hayami's death and rebirth as well. Your explanation above is the most likely course of events. (I honestly never even thought they could be trying to imply anything else with the aforementioned scenes until reading this thread). The most simple explanation is usually the correct one ... though i am not sure if that is even the case here, because they were not exactly being subtle about what they were showing. The way i see it, it requires some rather ...er ... unconvincing deductions and ignoring rather blatant implications regarding Hayami's fate to think of it as anything besides death. I don't think there is any clue that hints at anything else besides her dying and then being resurrected thanks to Otoha and the spirit council.
Old 2008-05-07, 20:55   Link #1413
Taricitous

Quote:
Hotaru was wearing when she went back to visit Hayami's old house was a mourning dress
could that not be caused by her grandfather, i mean the guy was pretty old and went to jail... who knows
Old 2008-05-07, 21:17   Link #1414
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taricitous View Post
could that not be caused by her grandfather, i mean the guy was pretty old and went to jail... who knows
Who would mourn for him?

Kidding~

Anyways, more seriously.
If Hayami didn't die, then why did Hayami not come back to meet Takuma until after so many years? If the train didn't run her over, she could have went back to Takuma after the train passed, but she didn't.
Why did Takuma believe she was dead?

Spoiler for DVD 4 info + pics:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)

Last edited by serenade_beta; 2008-05-08 at 02:22.
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-08, 09:03   Link #1415
Taricitous

Quote:
If Hayami didn't die, then why did Hayami not come back to meet Takuma until after so many years? If the train didn't run her over, she could have went back to Takuma after the train passed, but she didn't.
Why did Takuma believe she was dead?
Spoiler for h2o:

but yea who would mourn for him .... maybe the village? :P
Old 2008-05-08, 14:49   Link #1416
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Well I thought the "assumption" was pretty clear FROM the train scene...

But I did wonder why they didn't find her corpse...*shrugs* minor plot hole for a happier end.

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-30, 09:22   Link #1417
Synria_
Aboard Kallen's Bandwagon

Well damn, sorry to bring up a thread that was last active like 2 weeks ago.

I just finished this series and I was surprised at the ending. I viewed this anime in a more realistic manner and couldn't believe they resurrected someone from the dead - The best way to look at it is takuma hallucinating again and all this is fake. The validity of otoha and her abilities are also in question.

The other way of looking at this is if I decided that this series does in fact involve magical powers (ie otoha), therefor making it "unrealistic" then obviously I can believe that hayami was resurrected in real life because this series does not focus on real world physics.

I do not question the fact that the hayami did die when she ran onto the train tracks. It was definitely implied that she died up until the end. I will take this series as face value though because it seemed like the makers of this series intended that otoha is actually real and that she did allow hayami to come back in real life. It's really up to the person how they want to view it. I like happy endings anyway (who doesn't?!?). An ova with some explanation doesn't hurt either...

Overall I enjoyed the series because it got my emotions running...
Old 2008-05-30, 16:12   Link #1418
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

I believe your second "theory" would be the correct one. I don't think there is anything to make us question Otoha's existence, short of assuming Takuma "imagined" her as well ... but i think that is making things more complicated than they need to be, and Takuma imagining a spirit that matches the one from story Hotaru wrote while being unaware of it is stretching things a bit thin.

Otoha was there before Takuma started imagining he could see as well, (and in the end he had already come to terms with the situation for a few years already, so there was little reason for him to suddenly see a hallucination. If he had indeed remained in his delusional state it would be different, but that was long since gone). So ... at least in my opinion, there is nothing to imply that Otoha (Hinata) wouldn't be what she was always shown to be - a supernatural element of the show.
Old 2008-05-30, 17:04   Link #1419
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caiobrz View Post
For all of you who, like me, love Hayami (specially grown-up), a gem wallpaper (WS, 4:3 and 5:4 for all your needs) :

http://www.daisuki.com.br/wallpaper/1402
Rofl...."grown-up" Hayami looks NO different except that her breasts are bigger.
Old 2008-05-31, 07:18   Link #1420
toniblab

one point you miss was that after the train went by he started to smile dead give away she lived!so watch very close to this you will see it to.and near the end the god like kid told him she interven for him and to take care of her.
toniblab is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, drama, kadokawa, makura, romance, school life, seinen, zexcs