Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-02, 16:25   Link #21
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
For example, K-On is focused on girls who form a light music band, and hang out together eating snacks and having a good time- no romance, no guys. It ''could'' just as easily be targeted at girls who are not into romance
The target audience/readership of Japanese publishers is the Japanese. They don't take into account the international marked, especially when it comes to manga. So, while here the female audience may be interested in moe and bishoujo titles (like K-on, MGLN, etc), Japanese women just don't read or watch those things, at all. They may read mainstream shounen manga (Naruto, Bleach, FMA, One Piece, etc) but moe and bishoujo are Otaku-oriented (not mainstream), and women stay the hell away from that kind of media (it doesn't matter if it's girly and it has romance, they just don't like it).
Old 2009-08-02, 21:19   Link #22
Chaho-Chi
toptoptoptoptoptoptoptopt
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Chaho-Chi
Well I can only think of Gakuen Alice. It focuses more on friendship (And I guess you can say "Slow" Love) The whole series isn't covered in the anime you if you want to continue you have to read the manga.

Old 2009-08-04, 08:45   Link #23
Fate21
Kiyu~

[QUOTE=Oppius;2551026]Every time I saw my sisters read their favorite shoujo mangas in internet, all I saw are guys, guys, guys and more guys. The leading girl look like a retard want her dream guy chase her. I may bit biased but saying all shoujo mangas like that is much like saying all shounen mangas are only about fighting. No wonder why female otakus hate female characters because of this leading girls of shoujo mangas.

I agree with you. That's the reason why sometimes i think it's quite annoying, always about a guy and guy again

I suggest Life manga, i love it it's more about slice of life (about bully if you don't mind). The antagonist character can be really annoying to you though.
Closed Thread