AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Chapter 109 Rating
Perfect 10 11 20.75%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 10 18.87%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 35.85%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 16.98%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 5.66%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.89%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-11-09, 13:56   Link #521
Gooral
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
Exactly! A ninja master should have realized this before hand.
No. That's exactly why she allowed for this to happen. Imagine if she wasn't covered in dust like everyone else was. She would reveal she was so fast she could dodge every dust particle there was and blew her cover.
Old 2010-11-09, 14:07   Link #522
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooral View Post
No. That's exactly why she allowed for this to happen. Imagine if she wasn't covered in dust like everyone else was. She would reveal she was so fast she could dodge every dust particle there was and blew her cover.
No. She was fighting the normal yoma far away from the ABs who where kicking up all the dust and rubble as they where destroying buildings. However she failed to think about that after the fight and got covered in dust. So clearly she isn't ninja master yet.

I'm not calling her a rookie... she's clearly very good based on all the evidence you submitted, however she's just not a ninja master yet either. There's no shame in being a normal ninja since you have to be one to become a ninja master one day down the road.

Spoiler for off topic joke:
Old 2010-11-09, 14:58   Link #523
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass

Send a message via Yahoo to FormerAbyssalone
Ok really, a discussion on Clarice's ninja skills? She has about as much skills at being a ninja as I do.
Old 2010-11-09, 15:20   Link #524
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerAbyssalone View Post
Ok really, a discussion on Clarice's ninja skills? She has about as much skills at being a ninja as I do.
You've snuck up on Agatha before!!?
Old 2010-11-09, 17:06   Link #525
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Clarice is secretly a Ninja, now I've heard everything

I wanna pass the idea to Dany; this deserves to be in a fan-fic
Old 2010-11-09, 17:50   Link #526
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
You've snuck up on Agatha before!!?
Yes I have and we had a good time!
Old 2010-11-09, 21:43   Link #527
An4rchy99
♥ Ophy~chan ♥

Hou, Gooral. I had no idea she was such an inconspicuous spy. Not to mention a ninja at that. WiB?

Actually you know in all seriousness there is something that always bothered me. I wonder if MiB are the only members of the management in the org. I always thought that for example no.10 or another inactive number will be org mgt members. This is one of the reasons Dee Dee was always getting branded as a spy (at least for me). It just seems too strange that if the org only consisted of men but no women were shown to have any management powers (where its beens ages since only women fought). And having a female supervisor or trainer would make manipulating young traumatized girls all the more easier. Taking Clarice case as an example, it seems odd that Rado a high ranked org member would be "in-charge" of this so called failure. Seems an awful waste of time. In fact I think sometimes since most of us saw Clarice as such a failure, even a soldier in Rabona would do better and for them to spend so much time on a "failure" seems too unorthodox for such an org which casually disposes warriors like cutting finger nails. In the case of Dee we are about to see her true colors and hopefully once of for all we would know the identity of these ninja women

- - -

@FAO and Ryus

I think FAO is saying he went to one of those famous movie nights at Agatha's.
Old 2010-11-10, 01:06   Link #528
Gooral
Banned

To be honest for a long time I thought that Orsay and Ermita were older women. Maybe little bald but women. Especially Ermita since he had all his face covered plus he talked about being a parent and making a child and parental concerns. It somehow fitted more to a mother than father ;P.
Old 2010-11-10, 02:39   Link #529
An4rchy99
♥ Ophy~chan ♥

It would be funny if it that turns out to be true. The anime guys got it so wrong when using such husky deep voices for them. (esp the ero-sennin seiyu)
Old 2010-11-10, 07:22   Link #530
revan5
Dark Lord of Animesuki

Location: The Kingdom of Orange...you can't beat the Cuse, in basketball or snowfall!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooral View Post
To be honest for a long time I thought that Orsay and Ermita were older women. Maybe little bald but women. Especially Ermita since he had all his face covered plus he talked about being a parent and making a child and parental concerns. It somehow fitted more to a mother than father ;P.
There you have it folks: Polish fathers are not expected to have parental concerns about their children. I know, shocking, coming straight from Gooral isn't it? Who would've thought? Worse still, we know from Gooral's testimony that if they were to have such concerns, then people might accuse them of acting like women. We can only hope Polish fathers will someday, in a not-too-distant future, be expected to actually parent. Until that day comes Gooral will continue to warn the world that Polish fathers are not actually doing much parenting. We can only hope that things soon change.

Or perhaps we misread Gooral and took his personal opinion and pasted it on all Polish men...nah! I mean, come on, who honestly expects a dad to care about his children?
Quote:
"Don't you know that's a job only for women?"
Quote:
"Uh, I don't know man. My dad cared for me for ages, and I'm pretty sure no one accused him of being 'womanish'."
Quote:
"Your dad is SO weird."
Words to live by indeed Gooral.

How the warriors of Claymore OUGHT to look: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12541
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12530
"So Shiek, now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!"
Old 2010-11-10, 07:50   Link #531
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

The MiB are all probably Men - they are all chauvenistic enough that they prefer to have Men as their soldiers and only looked toward women when they have no other choice, which is clear throughout their long-term actions throughout the story.

Taking this into account, I can't believe their are any female leaders; it's possible they are all even genderless considering how they look like without their hoods on 0_0.
Old 2010-11-10, 08:09   Link #532
An4rchy99
♥ Ophy~chan ♥

Quote:
it's possible they are all even genderless considering how they look like without their hoods on 0_0.
Thats sounds quite scary I think I'd rather not find about them then
Btw its funny that all the young girls are being abducted by suspicious looking guys from here and there... and nobody gives a crap about it... they got bigger things to worry about in claymore world ne
Old 2010-11-10, 13:18   Link #533
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass

Quote:
Originally Posted by An4rchy99 View Post
Thats sounds quite scary I think I'd rather not find about them then
Btw its funny that all the young girls are being abducted by suspicious looking guys from here and there... and nobody gives a crap about it... they got bigger things to worry about in claymore world ne
About the whole me and Agatha, yes we had a good time. Although she was a tad rough!

I guess people in the claymoreverse where scared of the MIBs 2 say anything when they took in young girls. Although I wonde what the Zema's did when the MIBs came for Alicia and Beth?
Old 2010-11-10, 19:30   Link #534
rafael1932
claymores pimp

an4chy99
yesterday i learned to put an avatar, today an signature and tomorrow i will learn how to make private menssagers.
well it took sweet time, i must say( many hours ). knowning only to move around in paint is very hard and i would kill for 1 like the movie - ahhhh the blue.
Old 2010-11-10, 19:44   Link #535
Falcor

Send a message via MSN to Falcor
Quote:
Originally Posted by rafael1932 View Post
an4chy99
yesterday i learned to put an avatar, today an signature and tomorrow i will learn how to make private menssagers.
well it took sweet time, i must say( many hours ). knowning only to move around in paint is very hard and i would kill for 1 like the movie - ahhhh the blue.
That sig... looks familiar for some strange reason.
Old 2010-11-10, 20:43   Link #536
rafael1932
claymores pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcor View Post
That sig... looks familiar for some strange reason.
you mean the earring or the shoes?
Old 2010-11-10, 21:02   Link #537
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes

Of course no one would care about the girls being taken by MIB, either the town is completely wiped out or the child is an orphan. No one to care. There's the odd one like Teresa who was sold as a slave to the Org and the Zema twins who were taken. Probably some deal was made there though. Even Clare, though she volunteered was an orphan no one cared for.
Old 2010-11-10, 23:31   Link #538
Maverick05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikerider View Post
Of course no one would care about the girls being taken by MIB, either the town is completely wiped out or the child is an orphan. No one to care. There's the odd one like Teresa who was sold as a slave to the Org and the Zema twins who were taken. Probably some deal was made there though. Even Clare, though she volunteered was an orphan no one cared for.
Remember that Claymore is based in a medieval world, with a feudal system and self-sustain villages. So I am pretty sure they care about the orphans, but I can imagine their way of thinking:

Village chief: "Ok....Claymore killed the yoma, and we got a few orphans here...2 girls and two boys. Anyone want them?"

Village Blacksmith: "I will get that young boy. Need someone to gets his hands inside the furnance ."

Village Pervert: "I will get that young, cute girl...a fresh maid is welcome"

Village chief: "ok, so that leaves two orphans stilll....slave traders comes in a month or more....20 gold sticks for girls and 5 for boys.....ok, we keep the girl for a month, thow the boy down the hill. "

Pretty sure Rubel said (chapter 60-61 i think) that there is quite a slave trade for girls to the east (Staff perphaps) and boys go north. So I bet most of the claymores are collected by slave dealers and sold to the MiB.

And of course, there are exceptions like when the Org throws a yoma attack to a village in debt, and they are close by to collect the girls as payment.
Old 2010-11-10, 23:49   Link #539
rafael1932
claymores pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick05 View Post
Remember that Claymore is based in a medieval world, with a feudal system and self-sustain villages. So I am pretty sure they care about the orphans, but I can imagine their way of thinking:

Village chief: "Ok....Claymore killed the yoma, and we got a few orphans here...2 girls and two boys. Anyone want them?"

Village Blacksmith: "I will get that young boy. Need someone to gets his hands inside the furnance ."

Village Pervert: "I will get that young, cute girl...a fresh maid is welcome"

Village chief: "ok, so that leaves two orphans stilll....slave traders comes in a month or more....20 gold sticks for girls and 5 for boys.....ok, we keep the girl for a month, thow the boy down the hill. "

Pretty sure Rubel said (chapter 60-61 i think) that there is quite a slave trade for girls to the east (Staff perphaps) and boys go north. So I bet most of the claymores are collected by slave dealers and sold to the MiB.

And of course, there are exceptions like when the Org throws a yoma attack to a village in debt, and they are close by to collect the girls as payment.
i always thought that they didn't care about the orfhans cause the village, literally, are assalted by the price of yoma hunt. after that they need to starve a little bit more cause they need to colecte more money- just in case. this way people are always starving and they look for them first ( and family of course) instead of others outside the family. althought i can see that some people may do that ( bad people), i believe that most people would care about others cause the same could happen to them. my point is that the org deliberately raise to asfixiante prices in order to make this happen.

so, in the end, i think that your thought is a little too cold. naturally they would take care on others when something bad happened, the people aren't that bad. the conditions that the org made are the ones to blame
Old 2010-11-11, 01:39   Link #540
Cyclone
Transient Guest

Once again:
The name is "Zem" or "Zemu" twins - not "Zema".
The scanlator made an unfortunate typo.
Closed Thread