AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-03-15, 05:51   Link #3901
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pen3 View Post
Brit heavies aren't that far behind French when it comes to heavy tanks. My Fv215 has the same or less armor as most mediums especially the side with only about 50mm thickness. All it has are the biggest hp pool and a decent quick 120mm.

I only played 28 games the past 8 days but I should be more active again next week.
Last time I checked the FV215b Heavy had 100mm of side armor, along with 150mm of upper glacis armor at 55 degrees for nearly 260mm effective armor. That's still better frontal armor than many mediums except the E-50/E-50M.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 10:21   Link #3902
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

The road to Tier X took longer than I thought. Heart of the Swarm proved to be an alarming interference to my progress.

No fear, though, for I am only 20k away. Finally...

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 10:36   Link #3903
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

Hoping to get my Pz38t later today So far it's been a fun ride, minus those teammates that think it's fun to shoot your tracks right as the round starts.

Though sometimes things get awkward, like when I have a tank right in front of me and my reticle instead decides to aim at the nearby tree or wall Doesn't usually end well. Looked it up on the official forums and folks say that using sniper mode will keep that from happening... but sniper mode for a target a few inches away from you sounds like overkill.
Dark Faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 10:42   Link #3904
Gravitas Free Zone

Yeah, it takes a little getting used to the viewpoint switch from arcade mode to sniper mode, but you cannot rely on the arcade mode reticle at very close range. Switch to sniper mode and zoom out quickly... or, if you expect a lot of close action, set up sniper mode in advance and roll the zoom back one or two steps; it'll stay that way during the match.

Also, keep in mind that while the 38t will still get regular low-tier matchmaking, when you get to the 38nA, that gets scout matchmaking. You'll get to see really big tanks! And learn to run and hide from them.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 10:45   Link #3905
willx
Nyaaan~~

^ Yep. You might want to move up the tank trees of other countries and get a feel for heavy tanks as well as a 2nd/3rd party perspective on scouts before trying to play the Pz38tnA. In hindsight, hitting that tank so soon without properly understanding the role of scouts really hurt the win ratio and made the grind worse than it needed to be..
Old 2013-03-15, 10:58   Link #3906
Gravitas Free Zone

The game does little to prepare A-20, Pz38nA, and M5 Stuart drivers for what they're going to see when they take their tank into battle for the second time.

"Tiger II? IS-3? Caernawhatisthatword! What the hell!"

In other news, I decided to blow the current lump of free XP into the tech tree that I was actually furthest along in. You might see the results in a week or so.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 10:58   Link #3907
Tak

Hey Dark Faith, you play on the NA server? Whats your online nick?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
The game does little to prepare A-20, Pz38nA, and M5 Stuart drivers for what they're going to see when they take their tank into battle for the second time.
Imagine the surprise when I saw them for the first time.

I was just barely in the German tree... leveling up to a Panzer IV, and all of a sudden...

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2013-03-15, 11:07   Link #3908
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
^ Yep. You might want to move up the tank trees of other countries and get a feel for heavy tanks as well as a 2nd/3rd party perspective on scouts before trying to play the Pz38tnA. In hindsight, hitting that tank so soon without properly understanding the role of scouts really hurt the win ratio and made the grind worse than it needed to be..
Will do, thanks for the heads up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Hey Dark Faith, you play on the NA server? Whats your online nick?
I do indeed! Couple days ago when I considered downloading the game someone here (sorry, can't remember who it was!) told me y'all played in the NA server so I downloaded that version. Latency's not too bad I think, 80-120ms.

My IGN's Dainsleif
Dark Faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 11:09   Link #3909
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Oh, by the way, finally unlocked the AMX 13 90, though it's at best technically stock. Gonna have to free-exp my way through the suspension at least, and though I'm torn if I go straight for the 90mm after that, or just grind the last engine first.
Old 2013-03-15, 11:10   Link #3910
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Faith View Post
I do indeed! Couple days ago when I considered downloading the game someone here (sorry, can't remember who it was!) told me y'all played in the NA server so I downloaded that version. Latency's not too bad I think, 80-120ms.

My IGN's Dainsleif
Snatched!!

- Tak

Old 2013-03-15, 12:42   Link #3911
Blaat

EU weekend is the same as the US one, except we get a 50% discount on equipment.

After doing the calculations I should have enough cash to buy the KT, IS-3 and T32. So tomorrow I'll have my first tier 8 tank (three of them in fact) can't wait to try them out.
Old 2013-03-15, 13:03   Link #3912
Tak

I would argue that both the KT and the IS-3... despite different playing styles, are probably the most enjoyable Tier 8s. Certainly fun enough for me to keep both in the garage.

- Tak

Old 2013-03-15, 13:08   Link #3913
Sumeragi
Banned

I definitely have OCD..... Not only would I try to make sure all of my crew have different faces/names, I've been researching camo so I have the most "historical" ones from WoT's limited selection.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 13:10   Link #3914
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
I definitely have OCD..... Not only would I try to make sure all of my crew have different faces/names, I've been researching camo so I have the most "historical" ones from WoT's limited selection.
This is news? I remember you told me you must keep all your crews intact as a group so that they would always share the same battle hero medals ..

Old 2013-03-15, 13:17   Link #3915
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Welp, it's not every day that there's a sale on Tier VIIIs. Of course, I capitalised on it.

Quote:
Purchased:
'VK 4502 (P) Ausf. A' successfully purchased. You have spent credits: 1,704,500.
Only took me the sale of my elited Tiger P, Churchill VII and M7 Priest to make up the difference, too.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 13:19   Link #3916
willx
Nyaaan~~

OH OH OH! I just found something absolutely amazing both for scouts and aspiring scouts but also for everyone else who has maps where they are unsure of regarding position:

May I present: Tazilion's Pro Scout Map Guide!

Images
Sample
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

http://www.tazilon.net/maps.html
Old 2013-03-15, 19:29   Link #3917
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

Quote:
Looked it up on the official forums and folks say that using sniper mode will keep that from happening... but sniper mode for a target a few inches away from you sounds like overkill.
use sniper mode no matter how close they are to you, that help with shooting weakpoint when you get to high tier, where almost every tank is heavily armored.
Old 2013-03-15, 20:16   Link #3918
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

pfft... get on my level, i've spent over 40 mil over the course of both my accounts lifetime if you include all my tanks i've played, researched, elited, bought ammo, bought gold, equipment, 100 crew, and from tier 1 to tier 10.

I'm the most extreme crazy/lazy person you'll ever meet in your entire life online. I spent over 1k on WoT alone, just goes to say how much I hate grinding.
Old 2013-03-15, 20:17   Link #3919
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

BTW I just noticed that paint jobs for Soviet tanks appear to be at a reduced price.

Endless "Painter" Soul
Old 2013-03-15, 20:33   Link #3920
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Hoping to get my Pz38t later today So far it's been a fun ride, minus those teammates that think it's fun to shoot your tracks right as the round starts.

Though sometimes things get awkward, like when I have a tank right in front of me and my reticle instead decides to aim at the nearby tree or wall Doesn't usually end well. Looked it up on the official forums and folks say that using sniper mode will keep that from happening... but sniper mode for a target a few inches away from you sounds like overkill.
There are spots you might want to keep an eye on when you hit tier V and up:

these spots are the Machine gun area located on the Hull, the view port located on the hull, the lower glaci which is the lower hull, and the commander's hatch/hatch which sticks out above the turret.

other than that, trax are weak pts but usually don't dmg, the sides, preferablly the rear side of the turret which usually is the location of the ammo, the rear part of the hull which is usually the location of the engine.

once you learn where to locate these critical pts, u should be able to kill anything from tier V and up. this is also dependent on your gun:

for example; a pea shooter gun or autocannon can rarely pen the back of a tier V or higher, due to lack of penetration ability. it is unlikely you will carry gold in these types of guns, as they are excessively expensive.

also derp = usually refers to big guns for their tiers, for example:

the tier III Light Cruiser II has a 94mm, the tier III Light T46 has the 76mm gun, the tier III M2 Medium has the 75mm, the tier V Medium M4 has the 105mm, the tier V Medium Pz IV has a 105mm, the tier V Heavy KV 1 has a 122mm, the tier VI Medium M4A3A2 and M4A3E8 has the 105mm, the tier VI Heavy KV 2 has the 122mm and the 152mm, the tier VI Heavy T150 has the 122mm, the tier V Tank Destroyer M10 Wolverine has the 105mm. once you get past tier 6 those guns are no more becuz its a longer version of the gun therefore it counts a regular gun turret rather than a derp gun.

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks