AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-03-29, 11:55   Link #1901
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Is this the first time we've heard the sung version of the Gamilas anthem in show? I know the instrumental has been heard before, but I don't recall it being sung in show.

And I like that song. Not as cool as "Dessler Attacks", but it is pretty good. Not sure what to make of it now with this planetary action.
Old 2013-03-29, 12:06   Link #1902
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Is this the first time we've heard the sung version of the Gamilas anthem in show? I know the instrumental has been heard before, but I don't recall it being sung in show.

And I like that song. Not as cool as "Dessler Attacks", but it is pretty good. Not sure what to make of it now with this planetary action.
I don't know. I really quite liked it. It seemed incredibly operatic and large scale.

I think it's pretty clear by this point that the Gamilons are VERY golden horde in the conquest patterns. Any resistance, armed or otherwise, brings about massively violent retribution. Only since they have access to weapons of mass destruction, they don't have to come planet side to wipe people out.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-29, 12:54   Link #1903
FerrusManus

Someone at the Yamato2199 Facebook group wrote that Gimleh annihilated to the planet because he disliked the tea that is made there. I don't know if this is true, but it would show how petty and evil Gimleh really is.
FerrusManus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-29, 14:10   Link #1904
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I'm not sure about that one. I was connecting it with the word that Gimleh reported to Dessler about some unrest in the Empire in episode 12. Dessler let him just take care of it however he wants.

I guess this is the result from the Blue Fleet (Imperial Guard).

I guess comparing them to the Waffen SS is fairly accurate.
Old 2013-03-29, 17:08   Link #1905
August138

Spoiler for The Great Tea Incident of the Provincial Planet Alteria:

Last edited by August138; 2013-05-21 at 14:50.
August138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-29, 21:04   Link #1906
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

That is all kinds of sick and disturbing.

Though it does provide a fuction for the early type carriers that was lacking in the original series. And also why we didn't see any of that type later in the show.

One thing though. The Gamilas Fleets are ginormous. I know (or hope) Yamato can't destroy them all. So even if the Empire gets disrupted, the Fleets will still be able to hold onto at least parts of the Empire (I'm one that doesn't exactly want to see it fall completely, knowing what else it out there that is much worse than Dessler on the evil scale). Though it does leave the question on how they will hold off the Comet Empire without Dommel at the front and with potentally thousands to tens of thousands of ships lost by the time Yamato goes home.

That spells disaster. Not only the Gamilas, but potentally for Earth too, as the main thing keeping Gatlantis busy is Gamilas. A single planetary power will have problems with that...even if the entire fleet is Wave Motion Gun and Barrier equipped.
Old 2013-03-29, 22:09   Link #1907
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
That is all kinds of sick and disturbing.
It DOES kinda make the idea that submitting to the Gamilons won't get your asses bombed.
Old 2013-03-29, 22:22   Link #1908
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Save they had submitted, just failed to produce it seems. Got bombed anyway.
Old 2013-03-29, 23:11   Link #1909
August138

The bulk of the Gamilas are honorable, then you have megalomaniacs like Zoellick and psychopaths like Gimleh... (and on Earth, we have Serizawa.)
Old 2013-03-30, 01:10   Link #1910
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Which leads one to wonder just where Yamato 2199's Dessler's personality will land.
Old 2013-03-30, 01:20   Link #1911
August138

Spoiler for Raining Death:
Old 2013-03-30, 05:55   Link #1912
macdawson

There's this thing that has been bugging me since the trailer came out. The WM Shield appearing like a bubble over the ship. Until now it only appears when struck, like an energy veil over the hull. The talk Yuria has with Sanada in the mess hall and the way the shield seems to be deployed in the trailer, as If it was being emmited from the WMG, leads me to think this is a spin on the accidental shield Yamato got in Final Yamato. They use the WMG singularity to create this more powerful barrier. Thoughts?
macdawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-30, 06:12   Link #1913
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by August138 View Post
Spoiler for Raining Death:
That would be INCREDIBLY diabolical.

The game of thrones in the empire is extraordinarily cutthroat.
Old 2013-03-30, 12:13   Link #1914
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

Oh so this is the one replacing Magi for the Nichigo timeslot (correct me if I'm wrong). I have not watched any of the movies so I'm really hoping that this gets noticed in TV (then again, why wouldn't it get noticed, it's Space Batlleship Yamato 2199).
Old 2013-03-30, 13:31   Link #1915
August138

Yes, it's taking over the Sunday 5pm Timeslot on TBS starting April 7th.
Old 2013-03-30, 15:34   Link #1916
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Gamilas politics is a lot more complex than it use to be.
Old 2013-03-31, 09:56   Link #1917
FerrusManus

One thing bothers me since Episode 5: Did the Gamillian Empire send new troops to Earth/Sol System? I mean, they invested an large amount of ressources and time to wipe out the UN Fleet and to destroy the Earths surface (and by that killing most of the population). They would've wasted everything if they simply gave up on Earth.

Last edited by FerrusManus; 2013-03-31 at 10:09. Reason: Grammar
FerrusManus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-31, 12:24   Link #1918
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Judging by their other operations...they didn't spend much on Earth. They send a small force to the Sol System and it took years. The floating continent and Pluto base might be standard procedure. The fleet wasn't very large relatively speaking. Even if it did take loses in those 8 years, I think we see more ships from the Imperial Guard in episode 15 than they had at the Battle of Pluto in episode 1. Earth itself it likely not all that important. But even if it was, there is this Earth ship that seems to be invincible cutting a path into the Empire. That would that priority over Earth which is at the end of a long supply chain (168,000 light years away).

In theory, the Gamilas send a Cruiser division and three Destroyer divisions with a flagship, a carrier, and support elements to Earth's solar system. Maybe slightly more than that, but that isn't much by Gamilas standards. All under the command of Second Class Citizens even.

Last edited by Ithekro; 2013-03-31 at 21:32.
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-03, 06:08   Link #1919
macdawson

I think the origin of that Garmillas fighter has been staring us in the face this whole time. That structure in that asteroid we see the Type-100 fly to. I thought it might be an Akerian station but that is actualy of garmillan design, and we've seen the exact same structure before, just a bit more camouflaged. Remember the Garmillas refueling station on the floating continent? It's exactly like this. This seems to be abandoned but they may very well have left a fighter or two behind.
macdawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-03, 12:32   Link #1920
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

That is basically what I was thinking. Though not specifically that, just that they would find one, rather than build one.

Tags
classic, remake, science fiction, space opera, yamato